IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, justwatching said:

Who was the older lady in the middle of the dancing group?  I'm not all that familiar with the family members.

I'm pretty sure that was Madara, the older adopted daughter. She's only 21 or so.

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

I'm pretty sure that was Madara, the older adopted daughter. She's only 21 or so.

Yes, it's Mady. She just turned 21. But, she could easily pass for 'an older lady'. Her life has aged her. When the older daughters left she was charged with being the non-hired help. She cooks, cleans, runs errands, babysits, teaches, takes care of the grandparents, plays a role in whatever delusional performance her father comes up with from singing to dancing to acting...all said with a grain of salt because despite Bret's beliefs in his all around perfection, he cannot sing or dance or perform music and when he forces his kids to join him that lack of skill screams like a siren...basically, Jackie plays whatever role Bret wants her to, like mother, and Mady does all the work. 

Bethany knew Danny for a long time in fundie courtship land but couldn't even consider getting married until Mady was old enough to take over her responsibilities.

God forbid Jackie actually be a mother rather than just play one on the Internet.

What is the purpose of those videos? Who is the intended audience? What are they trying to accomplish? As others noted, none of the kids are smiling.

who watches these videos?

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

What is the purpose of those videos? Who is the intended audience? What are they trying to accomplish? As others noted, none of the kids are smiling.

I have been wondering that for a while now...

6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

sometimes I hope that actually WE are the intended audience and that they just act and pretend everything so that we have something to snark about.

Although I seriously think that a lot of viewings of this youtube videos actually come from FJers.

6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I am continually wondering this.  I kind of understood the weird little films, with them acting scenarios etc, although they generally gave a different message to what they intended, because they could fit into their SOTDRT curriculum...  but then that begs the questions, who signs up to Captain Brett's Homeschool Course? 

But the pop videos, they're vanity projects, and I have no idea what they're for, except to make him feel like a star - but is he always secretly hoping TLC will see one of them and give him a show??

14 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I've wondered that too. Other then those of us here, who would watch these videos? Is the link given to family and friends? Potential suitors? If so why?

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

I am continually wondering this.  I kind of understood the weird little films, with them acting scenarios etc, although they generally gave a different message to what they intended, because they could fit into their SOTDRT curriculum...  but then that begs the questions, who signs up to Captain Brett's Homeschool Course? 

But the pop videos, they're vanity projects, and I have no idea what they're for, except to make him feel like a star - but is he always secretly hoping TLC will see one of them and give him a show??

If TLC picked them up for a show I hope it turns into an expose and people are outraged.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I've wondered that too. Other then those of us here, who would watch these videos? Is the link given to family and friends? Potential suitors? If so why?

Potential suitors. Ha, to attract them or scare them away?

17 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

The actual dances are performed in nursing homes and prisons for ministry purposes. :my_cry:

It seems like they make the videos for the customers of their homeschool software, The Digital Tutor. Kind of like the Maxwells, they're trying to sell a lifestyle brand along with their actual product. But I think this customer/fan base is dwindling by the hour, and it was slim to begin with.

28 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

The actual dances are performed in nursing homes and prisons for ministry purposes. :my_cry:

This is the sort of thing that makes me glad I live in a state that legalized death with dignity. I may be going to hell when I die but I will be damned if I'm going to also live through the hell on earth that is being ministered to by the Smiths  and Maxwells, or their left coast equivalents.

43 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Well the dances would make me say "Dear god, I will never sin again!" 

Thankfully my mother gets the Rhinestone Grannies and a Platters impersonator instead of that nonsense.

5 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

This horrifies me. This is exactly what inmates want to see!

10 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

It seems like they make the videos for the customers of their homeschool software, The Digital Tutor. Kind of like the Maxwells, they're trying to sell a lifestyle brand along with their actual product. But I think this customer/fan base is dwindling by the hour, and it was slim to begin with.

Did they ever make a living with their homeschool software??

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

This horrifies me. This is exactly what inmates want to see!

It sure as hell makes me want to comit a crime.

Poor Sitara, she looks miserable. That is heartbreaking.

On another note, did anyone else think that the Angel Gabriel in the video looked exactly like Legolas?

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Has a hearing happened yet? I thought there was one scheduled for November. 

I never read or heard anything about dates. But, if I'm being honest, I've thought that something has happened that led to Jackie's FB hiatus. It was just a thought, so I never commented about it. But, over the weekend there was a Morton party for Katie & Jack and they reiterated that his name means healer and that's what they are celebrating...or something like that.

I have no evidence for thinking it, but it made me think something happened with Alan and the system, when combined with Jackie's silence and Bret's whining.

He was only arrested in August - I know the system is slow, so he could just be sitting there cooling his heels and I am in the land of speculation through my own biases.

I can't believe they make the kids perform these horrid dance routines over and over. And I'm betting Cap'n Brett says that little speech first too.  Now I Really feel bad for Sitara, that's a special kind of abuse to inflict on her. :my_cry:

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

Can you imagine what it must be like when they learn and practice their dances? Why doesn't Jackie participate?

Now, do you really want to see Jackie "dance?"  I suppose it would be less horrific than any of her "godly advice,"  but images are hard to unsee.

Just now, Granwych said:

Now, do you really want to see Jackie "dance?"  I suppose it would be less horrific than any of her "godly advice,"  but images are hard to unsee.

I would be delighted to see her dance. Truly. We could call her "Jazz Hands Jackie" and they would do sun bursts, and heel clicks together and it would be glorious!

Just now, Grimalkin said:

I would be delighted to see her dance. Truly. We could call her "Jazz Hands Jackie" and they would do sun bursts, and heel clicks together and it would be glorious!

You have a good point there--I could use a laugh.

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

I've heard her sing in their appalling family band - seeing her dance would make my head explode. Bret has convinced her, and his kids, that they all have talent - himself included.

Their music is horrendous. Their dancing is ridiculous and pointless. Their singing is untalented and it hurts to hear. Yet, somehow, Bret thinks the opposite and has, from the beginning, made his kids play music, sing & dance.

It's ok to not be musically talented but Bret forces it not only upon his family but upon anyone stupid enough to listen and buy into his crap.

Back to the point - Jacquie can't sing for shit and I am glad she's out of the dance videos because don't nobody need/want to see that! \

When I was a kid I really, really wanted to do tap & ballet dancing. My mom signed me up, finally, when I was like 8. I went with my friends that first day so proud and happy that I could finally join them and become the dancer I believed I was meant to be. But, for the next several months I was in misery. I am not a dancer and no amount of lessons would ever make me one. I struggled through those lessons and that recital because I had to; I'd begged long and hard for that chance and mom borrowed money to make it happen; she wasn't letting me quit. But even she was glad when it was all finally over. I was that bad. Still am. I cannot dance. Period.

I won't even discuss my complete & utter inability to sing. That I've known almost since birth.

See, Bret, it's pretty easy to acknowledge you are not musically or physically talented, and no god will make you better than you are just because you want to pimp your kids out and use them to make money. Bret, your family cannot sing or dance or play musical instruments - you among them. Stop forcing it upon them and let your kids find their actual, true talents.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived