IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

On October 21, 2016 at 4:10 AM, ophelia said:

Of course it is. But their believe is that a woman should ALWAYS be available to her husband. And of course - Jackie and the Captain never seize to amaze.. at least not in a negative way.

Obviously Katie wasn't providing that perfect super-magic fundie sex that transforms a man into a perfectly moral patriarch.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2016 at 11:20 AM, daisyd681 said:

On some level, I just hope that it wasn't Katie that reported it. If it was, good for her, but that's going to make things even more difficult for her with the parents in-law. 

The more I think about it the more it seems like Katie was the reporter. Her own family is praising her to the skies for her courage and strength.

I also hope that, regardless of who reported it, Katie tells her in-laws to go fuck themselves.

Cap'n Bret just shared a quote from Doug Phillips is a Tool on his facebook. Quoting here for posterity. I can't even begin to count the ways this is ironic, and of course infuriating.

Fear is the most powerful tool for social manipulation.  It is a weapon of mass destruction. It levels nations, communities, churches and families.  It becomes the implicit rationale for the dehumanization of others.

Fearful people are willing to surrender everything they hold dear for a glimmer of hope that someone will make the terrible fear go away. There is a breed of leader who thrives on this environment. They know that fear becomes the justification for unaccountable power. Fear feeds on lies, suspension of due process, and behavior which under other circumstances would be rejected as unacceptable. For these leaders, fear is the tool of choice to accomplish personal and political objectives.

In the absence of real monsters, they must create them. And they will do whatever is necessary to dehumanize the people they want others to fear. Enemies must be reduced to something less than human -- objects of contempt, animals. Humans receive grace, are the beneficiaries of God's love, are subject to due process, to principles of fairness, are to be treated with civility and charity. 

But different rules apply to monsters. Convince others that your enemy is less than human, and you have a license to kill -- carte blanche to commit whatever ethical atrocity is necessary to accomplish your political or social objective. 

Fear and false witness are brothers. They go hand in hand. Fear becomes the predicate for cover-up, lying and twisting the truth. And the more the leaders wage wars of dehumanization, the more they break rules and expose their own guilt, which in turn requires greater levels of social manipulation to redirect the attention of the community away from their own bad behavior onto the "less than human" individuals they hope to objectify.

6 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Cap'n Bret just shared a quote from Doug Phillips is a Tool on his facebook. Quoting here for posterity. I can't even begin to count the ways this is ironic, and of course infuriating.

Fear is the most powerful tool for social manipulation.  It is a weapon of mass destruction. It levels nations, communities, churches and families.  It becomes the implicit rationale for the dehumanization of others.

Thank you, DPIAT and Cap'n Bret for an excellent explanation of how Alan used fear to  victimize a child.

Is Captain Brett aware of Tool's troubles? That quote is  beautifully ironic. 

Like we used to say on the playground .'It takes one to know one.'

I'd be afraid of a child molester. If Katie did report him good for her that had to take a lot of courage. Captain Brett is the one who should be afraid because his son is gross and he should go to jail!

Jackie made a post to say happy birthday to her granddaughter Dorothy on facebook (2 days ago!). Dorothy is Katie's second youngest child if I remember correctly. Seems to like the Smith grandparents weren't allowed to see or even call their granddaughter, which IMHO is a really good thing.

I don't know why, but even when I'm not on FJ I still think a lot about Katie and her children and I cannot say it enough: I really hope they are doing well and get all the support they need to heal.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I don't know why, but even when I'm not on FJ I still think a lot about Katie and her children and I cannot say it enough: I really hope they are doing well and get all the support they need to heal.

I'm the same - I think for me, it's because Katie did everything she was meant to do for the S'Morton parents' experimental lifestyle, and never really stood a chance, and is now paying the price in one of the worst possible ways.  I'm glad her family are rallying around her, because becoming a single mother of 7, with the Smith parents clearly not being supportive, must be terrifying.

I find it incredibly interesting that none of their adult daughters have "liked" or commented on any of their FB posts since the back and forth a few weeks ago. The one where she listed each of her children's qualities and someone outed the hypocrisy of Alan. As far as I can see, none of the adult daughters have interacted with their Mother or Father on Facebook. 

I'm a little chagrined with myself for actually taking the time to figure that out.

2 hours ago, Mudgie said:

I find it incredibly interesting that none of their adult daughters have "liked" or commented on any of their FB posts since the back and forth a few weeks ago. The one where she listed each of her children's qualities and someone outed the hypocrisy of Alan. As far as I can see, none of the adult daughters have interacted with their Mother or Father on Facebook. 

I'm a little chagrined with myself for actually taking the time to figure that out.

Thanks for taking one for the hive vagina team.

17 hours ago, Letgo said:

Thank you, DPIAT and Cap'n Bret for an excellent explanation of how Alan used fear to  victimize a child.

Alan learned it from his father who is bud's with the Tool.

I think it goes without saying that the fundie kingdom of experimentation has failed and their kids are all paying the price. The Tool crashed & burned. The Capt'ns heir apparent is in jail for doing the worst things a human can do to a child. Families are torn apart over the crap all these fundie groups brought upon themselves.

It's actually kind of entertaining to watch the Tool and Capt'n and their ilk try to tread water.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I think it goes without saying that the fundie kingdom of experimentation has failed and their kids are all paying the price. The Tool crashed & burned. The Capt'ns heir apparent is in jail for doing the worst things a human can do to a child. Families are torn apart over the crap all these fundie groups brought upon themselves.

It's actually kind of entertaining to watch the Tool and Capt'n and their ilk try to tread water.

I'm a horrible person, because I want to see them drown.

11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

THSI!!! So much!! The patriarchs chose this lifestyle for their wives, kids and grandkids. It wasn't the evil government, the gays, Pepsi or anybody else that made them go down the road of fundiedom, it was them!! And I'm looking at you, Tool, Captain, Jimboob, PP and so on. You don't even deserve a real name anymore in my opinion. Please shut up and don't claim persecution!!!!!11!!1!! every step of the way.

You know that advice DPIATR gave Cap'n Bret could be turned around and used by Katie to take Alan down.

I want every single one of these patriarchs to be taken down. The damage these patriarchs have/has/done/will do is EVIL....JUST EVIL!

On 10/25/2016 at 11:55 AM, Mudgie said:

But we are very proud of you.

I am watching a A Day at Green Acres Farm with Captain Bret.

Well, I am listening at work.

It is so weird, weird, weird. How come I did not realize the Lanes were near Smiths? I was thinking the Lanes were in Alabama.

Interesting that he starts that out with "something has come up that forced us to kinda do that." My mind goes to CPS investigation, why else would you be "forced" to share your day to day life with your kids on youtube?

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am watching a A Day at Green Acres Farm with Captain Bret.

Well, I am listening at work.

It is so weird, weird, weird. How come I did not realize the Lanes were near Smiths? I was thinking the Lanes were in Alabama.

That's an old video. I would guess three years by the looks of the children. Maybe more. 

On 10/26/2016 at 5:51 AM, RosyDaisy said:

You know that advice DPIATR gave Cap'n Bret could be turned around and used by Katie to take Alan down.

I want every single one of these patriarchs to be taken down. The damage these patriarchs have/has/done/will do is EVIL....JUST EVIL!

I know one of the primary objectives of Quiverfull is to raise "arrows for god" that will "take back America" for oppressed white fundies, but the human capital in these fundie families is so low (and kept low deliberately by the patriarchs), they couldn't take over an IHOP. How are fundie wedding photographers and faux missionaries supposed to be a threat to the status quo? By their own design, fundies avoid the arts and sciences and therefore have no impact on intellectual discourse. 19KAC was supposed to be a front for ATI, but was losing members and money even before the first Joshgate. JB was a terrible politician who only showed up to vote on abortion (and how often could that have been in Arkansas?), which is why his political career was so short. The real damage fundies do is at the individual level, with abused women and children and uneducated, unskilled young adults as the victims. Fundies that do have an impact on society and public policy as those like Ted Cruz and Rock Santorum who don't reject secular education as such, and know how to play the political game. The isolationist fundies that comprise most of the families we discuss are so obsessed with purity, sexual and otherwise, that they can't operate in mainstream society and are less able to convince others to adopt their views. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's an old video. I would guess three years by the looks of the children. Maybe more. 

I know. I never said it was new.

I've only watched the first three minutes of that video, but it seems very odd that the boys don't talk to each other. I'm sure it's supposed to show how self reliant and capable the children are, how well they are being "trained" by the Cap'n and Jackie. Watching the child pour out the hot bacon grease into the container on the sagging white shelf made me very nervous. That's a burn accident waiting to happen.

They are "forced" to make this video? Hmmm...What other dangerous jobs do the children have? Not sure how this is going to convince anyone of the well being and safety of the kids.

2 hours ago, Letgo said:

I've only watched the first three minutes of that video, but it seems very odd that the boys don't talk to each other. I'm sure it's supposed to show how self reliant and capable the children are, how well they are being "trained" by the Cap'n and Jackie. Watching the child pour out the hot bacon grease into the container on the sagging white shelf made me very nervous. That's a burn accident waiting to happen.

They are "forced" to make this video? Hmmm...What other dangerous jobs do the children have? Not sure how this is going to convince anyone of the well being and safety of the kids.

Every Smith child has been a prop since birth - or adoption. They are used to promote their insane father's even more insane ideas of life. 

I still get teary thinking of the lives the adopted kids could have had if only someone else had adopted them first. Whatever tragedy of life led them to be adopted in the first place was no doubt enough tragedy for one person's life. But, to land in the Smith house - the suckage makes my heart hurt for every one of them. More so than those born into it; theirs was an accident of birth; the adopted kids were intentionally adopted into that hell life. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived