IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 11: No Junk in Her Trunk Because She's Godly

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

My house is a bit of a mess because I'm saved by grace, not by works. 

So THERE, Lori.

My house is a bit of a mess because five people live here, and none of us particularly enjoys cleaning. I mean, we DO because we have to, but we sure don't work overly hard at it. We get the actual dirt cleaned up, but that's about all I can say. You won't be afraid of using my bathroom or find piles of dirty dishes in my sink, but that's not to say there won't be a scary number of books piled in odd spots or random school odds and ends here and there. 

And yeah, Lori, I guess you could call it laziness. But I prefer to call it letting unimportant things slide. Life is incredibly short and so precious. We're not going to waste a minute of it on things that just don't count in the end. My kids aren't going to look back and think, "Man, I wish mom spent less time reading, taking walks, going biking, baking and just kicking back with us and more time dealing with that pile of books cluttering up the bar that no one uses. Gosh, she was a slob!" 

Dreadful theology from Lori:

In this article, she quotes a writer who wrote: "I'm broken and sinful, and I'm not really able to make a lot of progress as a Christian. But God's grace is awesome, and it covers me." There are even songs in church that goes something like: “I’m broken inside…” This isn’t the message of the Gospel!

It means SPIRITUALLY broken. Jesus came to save the sinners, the SPIRITUALLY broken. Not to relieve us from burned dinners, laundry piles and spilled milk. Those are earthly concerns. I think the song she is talking about is "Give Me Faith" by Elevation Worship. The refrain is:

Give me faith to trust what You say,
That You're good and Your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give You my life

It's about trusting in Jesus' and not in our own works. Exactly the opposite of what Lori is preaching today.

I'm starting to think she's right about not allowing women to teach because what she is teaching is simply awful.

1 hour ago, Florita said:

I'm starting to think she's right about not allowing women to teach because what she is teaching is simply awful.

Well one particular woman anyway.

Paul often wrote in his letters about being chief among sinners and yet was shown mercy.  Or does LorKen only quote Paul when he writes about wifely submission?

While reading the poster upthread who quoted Reader 2's blog comment, my mind jut reeled

"Spilling milk and burning dinner can be a result of a sin; striving to do too many things, being distracted, lack of planning."

Parsing this sentence Reader 2 is saying that the "Sin" that made Reader 1 spill milk/burn dinner was either too much multi-tasking, being distracted or not planning.

WTH!!!  None of those things are a sin. Nope, nada, not even a little bit. Reader 2 is, IMHO, a total nutcase.

But her insane comment did give me a insight into the fundie mind.  These women believe that they are sinning every moment of every day with every breath they take and in everything they do or don't do.  Even the most trivial, inconsequential event -- like spilling something - is a Sin. Every single potential action is a possible Sin waiting to happen.

I'm surprised they aren't paralyzed with terror. Afraid to move or do anything because Sin is just waiting to happen.  But then not doing anything is also SIn. -- so, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I cannot imagine how they get through the day. the month, the year without a nervous breakdown,

As a Catholic  we've got mortal and venial sins to contend with.  But spilled milk as a "Sin"   raises it it to a whole other level

if having a messy house is a sign of sin, I'm DOOMED! Our dining area/study/library is a DISASTER! Books on the floor, paper on the floor (thank you kitty cats) cords hanging all over the place, a power strip suspended in midair. There's cat litter on the floor in the kitchen, a sink full of dishes, pillows on the living room floor (felines). Our bedroom is another disaster area. 

I know there's no good "reason" for it other than both of us are going to school and spending much of our "free time" studying. Hubby will be taking a certification exam in 8 weeks...and I manage one certification exam every 6-7 weeks. 

We're broke, we're busy and housekeeping just doesn't seem to be very high on our priority list these days.  Maybe when we have more space, life calms down and neither one of us are under the pressure we are right now (see certification exams), we'll be more prone to want to keep house. However, in my defense...I DID scrub most of the bathroom...until my back said "knock it the fuck off if you don't want to be in bed for a week". 

On 9/12/2016 at 0:41 PM, Florita said:

Got to believe Lori's post today is a not-so-subtle attack on her childless daughter. Ken piles on in the comments section:

Lori tells us her children's ages to rub her daughter's nose in being 33 and not a mother. 

She is supremely insensitive to Alyssa.

Alyssa's Facebook has had linked to infertility items, including articles about being sensitive to those who are experiencing it.  Here's the article she mentioned (which is a good article, and which also breaks my heart a bit):  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/what-couples-struggling-with-infertility-want-you-to-know_n_7101678.html

I remember all too well what my mindset was like when I was struggling with multiple miscarriages.  At one point, I actually confronted my mother and let her know that it made me horrible when she'd go on and on about how her friend had a grandson right around the time that I would have been due.  Now, my mother hadn't had any idea that I was struggling emotionally that badly, and would never have been deliberately insensitive.  So....I can only imagine how Alyssa feels.  If it were me, and my mother knew that I was struggling with infertility, and if she had made stupid comments on my instagram about preferring a baby to my new puppy, and if I had to attend baby showers for two new nieces, and if my mother wouldn't stop talking about how awesome her other daughter and DILs were for reproducing and shaming women without children (even if she did use the word "deliberately" so she could piously say, "I'm not talking about you") - well, I wouldn't know whether to scream or cry.

3 minutes ago, 2xx1xy1JD said:

She is supremely insensitive to Alyssa.

Alyssa's Facebook has had linked to infertility items, including articles about being sensitive to those who are experiencing it.  Here's the article she mentioned (which is a good article, and which also breaks my heart a bit):  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/21/what-couples-struggling-with-infertility-want-you-to-know_n_7101678.html

I remember all too well what my mindset was like when I was struggling with multiple miscarriages.  At one point, I actually confronted my mother and let her know that it made me horrible when she'd go on and on about how her friend had a grandson right around the time that I would have been due.  Now, my mother hadn't had any idea that I was struggling emotionally that badly, and would never have been deliberately insensitive.  So....I can only imagine how Alyssa feels.  If it were me, and my mother knew that I was struggling with infertility, and if she had made stupid comments on my instagram about preferring a baby to my new puppy, and if I had to attend baby showers for two new nieces, and if my mother wouldn't stop talking about how awesome her other daughter and DILs were for reproducing and shaming women without children (even if she did use the word "deliberately" so she could piously say, "I'm not talking about you") - well, I wouldn't know whether to scream or cry.

I would probably tell my mother to go to hell and inform her that if my name ever crossed her lips or keyboard again, I'd sue her ass off. Fuck that puta. 

My house is messy, but it's mostly with my packrat husband's stuff. I keep the kitchen and bathrooms clean, and the living room is generally tidy except for the computer desk corner, which is his domain and looks it--paperwork piled up, stacks of 3-ring binders threatening to fall over, computer parts everywhere. I also try to keep our bedroom fairly in order, because I do like to crawl into bed late at night to read in a calm atmosphere. But there are piles of stuff all over the rest of the house, and the garage is a disaster, and the foyer/entrance area gets so cluttered sometimes that Lori would need smelling salts if she saw it. None of it is my  stuff, and my husband always tells me to leave it alone, he'll eventually get to it (and he does--eventually. LOL).

But I'm guessing Lori would blame me anyway, and tell me I'm in sin. :pb_rollseyes:

Nah, you're submitting to your husband  and that trumps everything. You are sinning if you spill the milk, but if he wanted to live in squalor with two feet of animal crap on the floor, you'd have to cheerfully comply.

Lori and Ken have long been on the path to establishing their own "law".  I knew the day Ken had to come right out and type "Jesus was wrong" to justify his own position, that they were going in the wrong direction.

I noticed the following exchange in today's comments (I think someone mentioned it upthread):

Reader 1:

I get what you're saying in that we should not brag about our sin, but burning dinner is not a sin. It is a mistake. Just this morning, I had a gallon of milk slip out of my hand and spill all over the floor.

Reader 2:

Spilling milk and burning dinner can be a result of a sin; striving to do too many things, being distracted, lack of planning. The end times throws much sin into the mistake catch all, to avoid accountability to God.

Lori:

I sure don't want to brag about my failures or my brokenness but learn from them and be encouraged to do it the right way next time. We will always make mistakes and no, all mistakes aren't sins if they truly are just mistakes but to make them into something to brag about doesn't make sense to me. If the root of having messy homes, burnt dinners, and other things is laziness and not working or trying hard enough, then they need to be encouraged to try harder the next time. Learn from the mistakes; don't become comfortable living in them, but discipline your body to keep improving. This is the message I want to hear.

I mean seriously?  The woman spilled a gallon of milk and Lori is prattling on about failure and "disciplining" her body?  Really?

Did she give Ken the same advice when he whined to the internet about spilling soup?

Today, I spilled the soup when I opened the refrigerator door. It is not the first time I spilled the soup as by chance, the handle of the soup pan just allows one of the door shelves to sneak up under it, so when the door is opened it pulls the handle out, and presto!  Soup goes flying all over the fridge and the floor. I just stood there and stared at the mess for about two minutes with really no emotion whatsoever.

But naturally it's okay when it's Ken.  

Let's face it.  Lori is an opportunist.  When she needs grace (say for celebrating Halloween or not tithing), it's "nobody puts baby under the law"
Lori once said:

I think this is where our freedom in Christ comes into play.

I have learned to major on the majors and give grace on the minors. Let others do what they feel led to do...Show grace and love. 

The catch?  She was justifying herself in that post.  She is under grace, but everyone else is under the law.....Lori's Law.

Here's a though, Ken. If you spill soup because your fridge door catches the pot handle, then take five seconds to pour the soup in a Tupperware before you put it in the fridge. Problem solved.

But, no, LorKen's laziness in dealing with their leftovers couldn't possibly be a sin.

I am dumbfounded by the soup story.  This happened more than once?!?  Tweedledum and Tweedledummer can't figure out a different system?  Is using a container or turning the handle around a sin too?

I'm prone to scrupulosity (also a sin!  Thanks Catholic Church for your "understanding" of anxiety) and at my worst I never considered something like spilled milk to be a sin.  A sign of my utter worthlessness,sure, but not a sin in and of itself.

Look at it this way: When God was finished creating the world, he saw that it was good.  God was happy, it was perfect, and there was no spilled soup in the paradise. But with the Fall the decline and decay started, people started sinning, having pain, getting sick, being imperfect. Ergo, if spilling soup is not a sin in and of itself, at the very least it's a consequence of sin and it makes Jesus weep because it's a sign that we live in a fallen world. 

My translation of today's blog post: I no longer act like I'm godlier than Ken, but I still know I am.

And I'm adding "deeply loving" to the growing list of words and phrases that make my skin crawl because of how Lori over uses them.

Skin crawling words when Lori uses them:

Yummy
Big salad
Nutritious food
Modest/ Modesty
Discreet
Thong
Submission
Neat and tidy
Godly/ Godliness/ Godlier
Helpmeet
Keepers at home
Headship
Leadership
Convicted/ Conviction

I can read these words from other fundie bloggers just fine although not in agreement,  But reading them from Loris gives me a visceral reaction.  My skin literally crawls.

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Skin crawling words when Lori uses them:

Yummy
Big salad
Nutritious food
Modest/ Modesty
Discreet
Thong
Submission
Neat and tidy
Godly/ Godliness/ Godlier
Helpmeet
Keepers at home
Headship
Leadership
Convicted/ Conviction

I can read these words from other fundie bloggers just fine although not in agreement,  But reading them from Loris gives me a visceral reaction.  My skin literally crawls.

Anyways

one years old 

^These make me want to smash my computer because they are JUST WRONG. 

Side note: I just saw a post from Grammarly that confirmed "anyways" is indeed poor writing. I felt so vindicated. 

Also....since. Why does she use that word so many times in most of her posts?  

23 hours ago, Koala said:

I mean seriously?  The woman spilled a gallon of milk and Lori is prattling on about failure and "disciplining" her body?  Really?

Someone close to me has a medical condition that often causes them to drop/spill things. I guess I should just tell them to stop sinning then... :my_angry:

I guess they don't understand why we have the phrase "don't cry over spilled milk" -- because it's an unfortunate mishap that couldn't be helped. Apparently the phrase should really be something like "cry a lot and deeply repent over spilled milk, you wicked sinner." 

I happend to go over the thepeacefulwife and found this lori comment that cracked me up. 

This is in response to a woman who is in a toxic marriage. Its a really bad situation, but Lori has the answers (see bolded part). 

LORI ALEXANDER

September 15, 2016 at 9:37 am

Hope Always,

I love your name! Continue to hope always. God’s prescription for you is 1 Peter 3:1-6. I am sure you are practicing this already so if what I write is redundant, I am sorry. Live a godly life in front of him. Always be kind and warm towards him. Fix meals that smell really good. (Anything with an onion simmering in butter is a great place to begin.) Keep your home clean and tidy. Read Matthew Henry’s book on “The Ornament of a Meek and Quiet Spirit” and always remember that this is a battle being waged in the heavenlies for your husband’s soul. Keep this in perspective and never give up since you are a covenant keeper. Be in the Word daily and allow it to transform you life. Pray for him consistently. Remember, He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Because don't you know the leading cause of divorce is failure to cook things that smell good. Onions will save a toxic and possibly abusive marriage. 

^when Mr. Bonkers and I were first married, he hated onions in anything. Through submissive behavior, I mean, subtly sneaking them into the meatloaf, I am happy to report that he loves my cooking more than ever! :pb_lol:

I really think all of Lori's BS is because she hasn't found a healthy way to humor her kinks. Clearly she wants to be a submissive, but there are much better ways to go about it than being a insufferable know-it-all biatch.

I agree that the smell of frying onions is nice, but that ain't gonna save a shitty marriage. STFU Lori.

23 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

But her insane comment did give me a insight into the fundie mind.  These women believe that they are sinning every moment of every day with every breath they take and in everything they do or don't do.  Even the most trivial, inconsequential event -- like spilling something - is a Sin. Every single potential action is a possible Sin waiting to happen.

I'm surprised they aren't paralyzed with terror. Afraid to move or do anything because Sin is just waiting to happen.  But then not doing anything is also SIn. -- so, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I cannot imagine how they get through the day. the month, the year without a nervous breakdown,

I knew of a girl at Uni who was like this, who was convinced that everything bad that happened was a result of her sin, or of her not praying enough, so god was continually punishing her.  Her friend got a cold - her fault (she tearfully apologised about this to a girl I knew whose cold got worse).  A bad mark in an assignment?  God was punishing her.  That kind of thing, and she apparently was on the verge of a nervous breakdown continually. 

I took it to be depression.  I've felt that depression where the world revolved around me in a really shitty way, and it seems like that.  But what I don't understand is why people believe in that kind of God?  If they're continually being punished for not praying hard enough and whatnot, then why not just stop trying?  I have always been an atheist, but this seems to be the complete opposite of Jesus.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I knew of a girl at Uni who was like this, who was convinced that everything bad that happened was a result of her sin, or of her not praying enough, so god was continually punishing her.  Her friend got a cold - her fault (she tearfully apologised about this to a girl I knew whose cold got worse).  A bad mark in an assignment?  God was punishing her.  That kind of thing, and she apparently was on the verge of a nervous breakdown continually. 

I took it to be depression.  I've felt that depression where the world revolved around me in a really shitty way, and it seems like that.  But what I don't understand is why people believe in that kind of God?  If they're continually being punished for not praying hard enough and whatnot, then why not just stop trying?  I have always been an atheist, but this seems to be the complete opposite of Jesus.

Vulnerability

My Mother would regularly say to me that God was watching my bad behaviour and if I scraped my knee or trapped a finger, then it was God punishing me! 

In all honestly, I don't think my mum has got a religious bone in her body, it was just a great way to make a small child do what she wanted her too.

Unfortunately  what she did with her casual statements was give a 7yr old little girl nightmares about God coming to inflict punishment, all because she didn't want a Tom boy who wanted to play in the mud and didn't hang clothes up in the require way. 

At that age I didn't have the ability to work out what my mum was doing, I was just terrified. 

I see a lot of control issues in Lori.

I think school and college were a miserable affair for the self titled princess. She had no friends and therefore no one she could boss around like she used to do with her sisters.  

When she found that she couldn't control her peers, she took to making up ridicules stories about them... Demonic teachers for goodness sake lol. 

But I think she soon realised that if she picks on the vulnerable..  (Women in shitty marriages for example, looking for help, desperate for something to make it better but found Lori)  she has found that she could control them by inflicting thoughts of inadequacy.

I don't think Lori is truely religious, she's a monster using God as a tool to control. 

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

This type of thinking was really common with the charismatics/neo-pentecostals I worked with at Christian school. God blesses the righteous with health and wealth and punishes the unrighteous with none of it. If you had any kind of illness or even just seasonal allergies, someone would ask you if you had "looked for sin in your life". It was ridiculous. And I always thought it was a horrible way to have to live. People would even blame their supposed sins (and weirdly, you had to stop and figure out the sins--they were all so minor I guess that you didn't know you committed them) for deaths and illnesses in their families. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived