IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

Scary, but it makes a kind of sense. There is no law that says I have to give birth in a hoispital or have a qualified person deliver, as long as they're not passing themselves off as a degreed medical professional.

i was born at home with a qualified midwife and a doctor. This was the dark ages, of course.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Scary, but it makes a kind of sense. There is no law that says I have to give birth in a hoispital or have a qualified person deliver, as long as they're not passing themselves off as a degreed medical professional.

Ok maybe its me, but I really don't understant why risk two life just to don't go to the ospital or look for a really help not this voluntiering form. It's scary think that a person as Vanessa is still around to make damages 

http://www.inquisitr.com/3527616/jill-duggar-dillard-finds-work-with-midwife-who-lost-her-license-in-arkansas/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

Looks like Inquisitr has caught on to the relationship to Giron.  I cant believe that someone would seek out Jill to "catch" their second child - and even travel to Oklahoma to go to a midwife with questionable credentials.

Way to look out for your "blessing."

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3527616/jill-duggar-dillard-finds-work-with-midwife-who-lost-her-license-in-arkansas/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

Looks like Inquisitr has caught on to the relationship to Giron.  I cant believe that someone would seek out Jill to "catch" their second child - and even travel to Oklahoma to go to a midwife with questionable credentials.

Oh Buzzard!! You forgot that Jesus is taking care of them always.

How could you.

I can understand wanting a home birth with a legitimately trained Midwife. Or having a baby outside a hospital setting because the baby just comes too fast.

But this? Deliberately seeking out a woman who was barred from working in Arkansas due to gross negligence, which resulted in harm to an innocent child? And then to allow Jill Dillard, whose own birth story is fucked up too, to assist?

Nope. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. I don't care that she apparently helped deliver this woman's first kid. Bad life choice.

At this point, I'm not surprised about any stories of fundies utterly disregarding their children's safety and well-being. Strap them into carseats incorrectly, deny them proper education, spend all your money on an RV and tacky makeup instead of proper food for your children, allow a confessed/confirmed child molester to continue living with the girls he victimized, send them to work for a known sexual predator, seek out an incompetent quack to attend your birth and keep her on speed-dial even after she almost fucking kills you and your baby (and permanently injures another baby with her stupidity), pimp them out to reality TV literally the second they're born, emotionally neglect them by having kid after kid in quick succession...but it's all OK because Jesus.

Do her clients even do the research to find out of their midwife lost her license in other states?

I doubt it because Jesus. 

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Do her clients even do the research to find out of their midwife lost her license in other states?

Exactly.  I only license she needs is the cross on her wall.

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Exactly.  I only license she needs is the cross on her wall.

Nope. She could be ebil catholic. They need further asking.

Arghh - I currently work in a hospital with babies.  This week we've had a glut of babies born on the birth centre where things wrong last minute and they've ended up with us (NICU/postnatal ward on antibiotics).  Life happens, but these low mums who wanted that natural childbirth did the sensible thing and had their babies in a birthcentre run by fully qualified midwives.  Said birth centre happens to be in a hospital and is physically located directly under labour ward (where people are having medical deliveries & C sections and things).  This means that if something goes wrong obstetricians & paediatricians are available and covering.  We don't go there unless the midwifes want us to.  But if something goes wrong we will all be there in seconds.  Each room also has emergency equipment for babies and mums and the midwives know how to do neonatal & adult resuscitation while waiting the minute or so it takes us to run.

Most women and babies are fine, but unexpected things can happen even in the lowest risk pregnancies.  There are ways of predicting the risk, but for low risk women who've been shown to be low risk, there is no way of predicting which one of them will be a surprise emergency.  Please have you're hypno water birth in our pool - it's probably cleaner than you're bath or the plastic homebirth pools they give out.  No one will make you have medication or do anything other than have a natural childbirth with who ever you want with you.  Things will almost certainly be fine, and maybe it will be a bit of a faff getting the baby & your stuff home, but if the unthinkable happens and things aren't fine your midwife has an emergency buzzer near your bed.  She can pull it, people will run in, someone will phone the emergency phone and alert will go off to the emergency teams in the hospital above you and they will drop what they're doing and come running.  It will be scary, but far less scary than getting in ambulance with paramedics who haven't seen many newborns that small and don't have things like blood products and things to contract the uterus, and then getting in the van with sirens going wondering how long it will take to get to your local.  I'm sure your doula at your homebirth has seen lots of complicated deliveries and is well trained in recognising the signs of things going wrong with both mum and baby and will alert early and sensibly advise early planned hospital transfer before we get to 911 territory...

On 9/21/2016 at 8:51 AM, Buzzard said:

The article mentions this toward the end, but I'm super surprised that Jill is working for Venessa after that bit of criticism she wrote about her and Jessa following Jessa's home birth. Doesn't seem like it's in their character to work with someone who criticized them like that in the not too distant past. Then again, maybe she couldn't find anyone else who would work with her, especially if the goal was to film Jill assisting at a birth. 

On 9/21/2016 at 0:01 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I doubt it because stupid.

On September 21, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

Nope. She could be ebil catholic. They need further asking.

Ebil Catholic's cross would have a miniature Jesus on it so she's good.

I am going to be nicer than most and say good for Jill to be able to be closer to her family, she seemed to want that. I am also going to say good for Jill to be able to practice her trade. I would not choose to train as a "midwife" myself but I am glad she is not just getting herself trained and not use it. I would not choose to give birth that way but some people do and I stand by thinking it is better than for example an unassisted birth but not as good as a home birth with a real midwife or a hospital birth with a midwife or doctor. I don't really buy into the whole "Jill is useless at everything" business, I do think she knows more about birth than I do. I will add a final "Good for Jill" knowing she has not announced another pregnancy. I hope she focuses on delivering other people's babies and taking care of Israel for a while and perhaps later give him a brother or sister. 

I think Jill can catch a baby in an uncomplicated birth. I do not believe she knows enough about monitoring the progress of labor, warning signs, or how to determine whether she is in over her head or not. Look at her own labor and delivery. 

On 9/22/2016 at 6:47 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

Gotta love stupid people who put innocent lives at risk. Makes my blood boil!

I liked the comment on the Inquisitor article that said "she isn't fit to deliver a pizza, nevermind a baby!" lol So true.

4 hours ago, elliha said:

I am going to be nicer than most and say good for Jill to be able to be closer to her family, she seemed to want that. I am also going to say good for Jill to be able to practice her trade. I would not choose to train as a "midwife" myself but I am glad she is not just getting herself trained and not use it. I would not choose to give birth that way but some people do and I stand by thinking it is better than for example an unassisted birth but not as good as a home birth with a real midwife or a hospital birth with a midwife or doctor. I don't really buy into the whole "Jill is useless at everything" business, I do think she knows more about birth than I do. I will add a final "Good for Jill" knowing she has not announced another pregnancy. I hope she focuses on delivering other people's babies and taking care of Israel for a while and perhaps later give him a brother or sister. 

Eh, if Jill was at home having baby after baby of her own and not trying to deliver others' babies she'd only be putting herself at risk. Being out there "using her training" she's putting mothers who are too stupid to seek real midwives to deliver and their children at risk. I'd rather Jill stick to putting herself at risk than others.

On 9/20/2016 at 5:25 AM, VelociRapture said:

The Doctor said she could try for a VBAC, but never guaranteed anything.

It's been almost 1.5 years since Izzy was born. I can't remember how long exactly it's recommended a woman waits after a C-Section - possibly 2 years - but I don't think it would be the end of the world if Jill were to conceive soon. Whether she has an easy pregnancy or delivery at this point probably depends on a ton of factors - of which her prior c-section is only one.

Slight correction here, but it makes a shit ton of difference: JILL SAID that the doctor said she could try for a VBAC. We never directly heard from the doctor. We only have a Duggar's word, and as we all know, they are not the most reliable of narrators. 

On 21/09/2016 at 7:14 PM, imokit said:

Arghh - I currently work in a hospital with babies.  This week we've had a glut of babies born on the birth centre where things wrong last minute and they've ended up with us (NICU/postnatal ward on antibiotics).  Life happens, but these low mums who wanted that natural childbirth did the sensible thing and had their babies in a birthcentre run by fully qualified midwives.  Said birth centre happens to be in a hospital and is physically located directly under labour ward (where people are having medical deliveries & C sections and things).  This means that if something goes wrong obstetricians & paediatricians are available and covering.  We don't go there unless the midwifes want us to.  But if something goes wrong we will all be there in seconds.  Each room also has emergency equipment for babies and mums and the midwives know how to do neonatal & adult resuscitation while waiting the minute or so it takes us to run.

Most women and babies are fine, but unexpected things can happen even in the lowest risk pregnancies.  There are ways of predicting the risk, but for low risk women who've been shown to be low risk, there is no way of predicting which one of them will be a surprise emergency.  Please have you're hypno water birth in our pool - it's probably cleaner than you're bath or the plastic homebirth pools they give out.  No one will make you have medication or do anything other than have a natural childbirth with who ever you want with you.  Things will almost certainly be fine, and maybe it will be a bit of a faff getting the baby & your stuff home, but if the unthinkable happens and things aren't fine your midwife has an emergency buzzer near your bed.  She can pull it, people will run in, someone will phone the emergency phone and alert will go off to the emergency teams in the hospital above you and they will drop what they're doing and come running.  It will be scary, but far less scary than getting in ambulance with paramedics who haven't seen many newborns that small and don't have things like blood products and things to contract the uterus, and then getting in the van with sirens going wondering how long it will take to get to your local.  I'm sure your doula at your homebirth has seen lots of complicated deliveries and is well trained in recognising the signs of things going wrong with both mum and baby and will alert early and sensibly advise early planned hospital transfer before we get to 911 territory...

Exactly! With my first, I was aiming for a natural birth, minimal pain relief etc etc. But because it was my first and i had no idea what to expect, I wanted to be in the hospital in case anything went wrong. That just seemed sensible to me. And as it turned out, my baby was not the "healthy, bouncing" baby the obstetrician predicted, but 11lbs, born by c-section under general anaesthetic because they couldn't get the usual epidural to take. Goodness knows how things would have turned out if I had taken the Duggar/fundie route. They always make me think of that Bible verse that speaks about "do not put the Lord your God to the test". I fully believe God protects His people, but that doesn't mean you get to do stupid things and then act like the outcome is His responsibility.

55 minutes ago, BobTheWalrus said:

They always make me think of that Bible verse that speaks about "do not put the Lord your God to the test". I fully believe God protects His people, but that doesn't mean you get to do stupid things and then act like the outcome is His responsibility.

Exactly! God helps those who help themselves. 

Reminds me of the story about the guy who is in a flood and then he is like "hey god will save me" and his mates come along with boats and helicopters and stuff and he's still like "nah god's looking after me" and then he dies and he's like "omg god why didn't you save me?" and God is like "Dude i sent you loads of rescue and you just ignored it all!"

Written more eloquently here! http://epistle.us/inspiration/godwillsaveme.html

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

We have a way of say here in Italy 'aiutati che dio ti aiuta' you can traslate as god help who help themself. 

On 9/20/2016 at 5:25 AM, VelociRapture said:

The Doctor said she could try for a VBAC, but never guaranteed anything.

It's been almost 1.5 years since Izzy was born. I can't remember how long exactly it's recommended a woman waits after a C-Section - possibly 2 years - but I don't think it would be the end of the world if Jill were to conceive soon. Whether she has an easy pregnancy or delivery at this point probably depends on a ton of factors - of which her prior c-section is only one.

It's recommended to wait at least 6 months after a c-section before conceiving again, with the ideal being 1 year. But yeah as far as the VBAC, it really just depends.

I have to wonder if all the out of hospital births aren't necessarily because that's what they want or what they think is best but because it's cheaper. Even without health insurance of any kind you can get, at least down here in the south where many of these fundies live, a GOOD homebirth midwife for around $5000. That's someone certified who brings an iv and newborn resuscitation equipment and who provides full prenatal care with ultrasounds and lab work. I would imagine a not so great midwife with fewer credentials and less equipment might charge only half that or less particularly if she sees someone who is likely a repeat customer or who has lots of friends and family who may go to her too. It's the 'buy used and save the difference' of birth.

4 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I always used the Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God clause- as in don't leap off a mountain and expect the Angels to catch you.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived