IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

Let's all hope that Derick saw how Jill responded to the Spanish classes (remember she had to quit classes and go the @ home tutor route, plus we never saw her photographed with a diploma or certificate of passing any classes, like we did with Derick), and how she reacted to living in Central America and her independent problem solving and coping mechanisms [or lack there of]. I hope that Derick has concluded that out-of-the-home school might be the best educational choice for their children.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

image.png

.... Where's my angry head banging emoji people?! I need it!

You mean this? :annoyed: or this? :56247954ce69f_32(9):

@VelociRapture I wanted to up vote your post because I appreciate how often you provide us with fresh snark material. However, I felt upvoting Jill midwifing (real word? No idea) goes against my moral imperative to never support a stupid person dabbling in medical care. 

Thank you for all you do, O Scaly Savior :worship:

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Without Vanessa and the potential that Joshly is living in the poolhouse, where was this "blessing" born?

In a manger in Jerusalem? :pb_lol:

I kid, I kid. We all know that was actually Josie. 

My brain is weak.....but Jill has some sort of license that allows her to ....what? Be the lead deliverer, or assist someone who is qualified, does anyone know the truth of this business?!?!?! I never understood what her true position is. 

HELP deliver, folks. 2many kids, she probably fetches blankets, water or a bulb syringe. She has not delivered anyone, other than Izzy, just yet. 

And for a positive, at least she's doing something other than laying around.

It is a true disservice to JillyMuffin that she was not allowed to further her education and become a nurse and then a nurse midwife. She is truly interested and would be good at it. 

But she really knows those Wisdom Booklets backwards and forwards and such. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Without Vanessa and the potential that Joshly is living in the poolhouse, where was this "blessing" born?

It sure looks like the outfits Vanessa would put on the newborns...

:bangheaddesk:

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

HELP deliver, folks. 2many kids, she probably fetches blankets, water or a bulb syringe. She has not delivered anyone, other than Izzy, just yet. 

And for a positive, at least she's doing something other than laying around.

Lead us not into temptation

But deliver us from evil

Thanks JILL!

Everytime someone in that family says children are a blessing from the lord, I imagine back in the "old days" when they would think it a blessing from the lord for their crops to be plentiful and for it to rain. 

4 hours ago, season of life said:

Yeah, I feel like Derick will encourage his kids to go to "superior" colleges like Bible colleges. If Israel ever asks why he can't go to a real college like his dad, Derick will just tell him it was a different time and when he was a different person. 

But Derick must realize that the Duggars' intelligence is below average. Aren't parents supposed to want their kids succeed as much as they can?

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Lead us not into temptation

But HELP deliver us from evil

Thanks JILL!

There, fixed that for you!

If Jill homeschools Izzy, his college options may be pretty limited regardless of what Derrick would prefer. Jill seems reasonably intelligent, but her own educational background appears to be pretty sparse. I would think she'd need to do a significant amount of catch up work herself to be able to homeschool at a level that would prepare Izzy to attend college, and while it's possible she might do so, so far Jill hasn't seemed to have a whole lot of ambition in terms of education. 

My original belief that IZZY would get a better education than his mom has flow the coup. I think IZZY is going to end up as uneducated as  the Duggars. I don't see IZZY going to Christian school or even having a halfway decent homeschool education. Why? I think his father will never stay anywhere with proper schools long enough for IZZY to go to school.

Derrick seems to love being a "missionary" and trying to convert Christians/Catholics to his version of Christianity in countries where he can appear to be the white savior. He isn't going to want to go to back to working at Walmart or any job. I think he intends to stay off the grid. Jill, not the brightest bulb, will be stuck trying to teach IZZY. She didn't even receive the high school education her mother had, so how will IZZY ever be prepared for college? 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

My brain is weak.....but Jill has some sort of license that allows her to ....what? Be the lead deliverer, or assist someone who is qualified, does anyone know the truth of this business?!?!?! I never understood what her true position is. 

Yes and No, Jill passed the NARM (National Assocation of Registered Midwives) CPM test last fall when they were home from Central America. BUT she is not currently registered with the State of Arkansas and I don't remember her taking the Arkansas Midwife Regulations test which required for licensing in AR. So she is technically "qualified"* to be the primary birth attendant but she is not licensed by the state to do so. 

*this obviously depends on your opinions of CPMs and the quality of Jill's apprenticeship with Venessa.

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes and No, Jill passed the NARM (National Assocation of Registered Midwives) CPM test last fall when they were home from Central America. BUT she is not currently registered with the State of Arkansas and I don't remember her taking the Arkansas Midwife Regulations test which required for licensing in AR. So she is technically "qualified"* to be the primary birth attendant but she is not licensed by the state to do so. 

*this obviously depends on your opinions of CPMs and the quality of Jill's apprenticeship with Venessa.

Neither her or Venessa are licensed to "practice" "midwifery" in Arkansas. Verified here: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Pages/LayMidwifery.aspx Last update was September 1.

For those who weren't reading here a year or so ago, Jill was apprenticing under Venessa when V lost her license due to gross negligence (imo--and the state of Arkansas' opinion, too ;)), and Jill didn't seek out a new mentor. If you want to be horrified, you can read all about Venessa here:

That picture is also posted on what appears to be Venessa's midwifery practice's FB page? If she doesn't have a license in Arkansas then where was this baby delivered?

EDIT: Ahh I see she is also licensed to practice in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. I wonder if her current clients are aware she has had her license revoked in Arkansas.

2 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

That picture is also posted on what appears to be Venessa's midwifery practice's FB page? If she doesn't have a license in Arkansas then where was this baby delivered?

Checked the Facebook page:image.png

I would guess this birth was in Oklahoma. We know Jill and Derick have traveled there before, it's listed as the address on Facebook, and it doesn't seem really far from where her parents live - maybe two hours tops. 

I haven't followed this drama but found this. I don't know if it has been posted before or not....it will not let me copy the pertinent info.....so page 9 of this document

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/Documents/BOHMinutes/January 28 BOH minutes.pdf

It is dated January 2016 and says that Venessa's license was suspended in Jan. 2015 for 180 days pending her completion of required activities which she apparently did not complete and her license was revoked. I will look for the original complaint. Sorry if this is old info.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Checked the Facebook page:image.png

I would guess this birth was in Oklahoma. We know Jill and Derick have traveled there before, it's listed as the address on Facebook, and it doesn't seem really far from where her parents live - maybe two hours tops. 

Let's say the Dullards were to move to OK. Could Jill get licensed as a midwife there? Of course hanging around Vanessa wouldn't be good given her history ...

53 minutes ago, cathgrl1 said:

Let's say the Dullards were to move to OK. Could Jill get licensed as a midwife there? Of course hanging around Vanessa wouldn't be good given her history ...

Direct Entry Midwives are not regulated by the State of Oklahoma; there is no licensure available. As far as I can tell Jill can just set up shop and start practicing midwifery, no questions asked. Midwives may voluntarily become members of various groups, though, including the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and the Oklahoma Midwives Alliance (OMA) which is a "professional peer organization committed to the education and safe practice of midwives in Oklahoma"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived