IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last episode, showing J, D, & I at the pool, is this the first time we've ever seen a Duggar swim? I thought they were against swimming?

I noticed that Derick also has on modest clothing for swimming, yet in the kid pictures they showed of him swimming he is just wearing swim trunks. I wonder who determined that he should be covered up now that he's an adult. Was it his idea, Jill's, the producer, JB?? Jill is wearing a not baggy tshirt and looks to be long baggier shorts. And there are other people around in regular swim clothes.

1 hour ago, evolutionbaby said:

In the last episode, showing J, D, & I at the pool, is this the first time we've ever seen a Duggar swim? I thought they were against swimming?

I noticed that Derick also has on modest clothing for swimming, yet in the kid pictures they showed of him swimming he is just wearing swim trunks. I wonder who determined that he should be covered up now that he's an adult. Was it his idea, Jill's, the producer, JB?? Jill is wearing a not baggy tshirt and looks to be long baggier shorts. And there are other people around in regular swim clothes.

It's the first time we've seen any of the women swim in public.  I thought the idea behind not swimming in public was because it's so difficult for the men with all the defrauding women around in their swimwear.  Maybe Derrick is holier than the average fundie because he's starting to look like Jesus, so he can deal with it?

I think they swam in the Dead Sea and JB went in fully clothed because a guy talked to the girls. I believe they don't go to public pools because modesty. How the girls ever learn to swim in those swimsuits is a mystery.

It must be strange for Derick who probably spent his summers at the local pool like most kids. That normal behavior is now immodest.

2 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

It's the first time we've seen any of the women swim in public.  I thought the idea behind not swimming in public was because it's so difficult for the men with all the defrauding women around in their swimwear.  Maybe Derrick is holier than the average fundie because he's starting to look like Jesus, so he can deal with it?

Wow, isn't it just fascinating how your average beach or pool isn't the decor for large festive orgies?!:anyone: I mean, how are all these men refraining from having sex with all these defrauding women? (I say women because obviously homosexuality is not even an option in their world)

I'm not against wearing stuff that you're more comfortable in if it gets you swimming (I've moved to swim dresses now and I much prefer it), but the idea of being defrauded by other people's choices of clothing is ludicrous.

1 minute ago, CoveredInBees said:

I'm not against wearing stuff that you're more comfortable in if it gets you swimming (I've moved to swim dresses now and I much prefer it), but the idea of being defrauded by other people's choices of clothing is ludicrous.

Definitely! Everyone should be able to makes his/her own choices in regards to what to wear on the streets/on the beach. It's the 'logic' that these fundies use what's so disturbing!

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The Duggars have swam in public. They just wear those awful Wholesome Wear suits.

Burkinis minus the hijab!

2 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

Definitely! Everyone should be able to makes his/her own choices in regards to what to wear on the streets/on the beach. It's the 'logic' that these fundies use what's so disturbing!

Exactly. All that matters is that they're comfortable and able to enjoy the water safely. I wouldn't wear wholesome wear or other swimwear that they might choose to wear - but I do believe they have the right to wear it if they so choose.

The logic behind it is another matter entirely. No woman or child (or man either) should be made to feel lesser than another if they choose not to wear wholesome wear. No one should be forced to wear something they aren't comfortable wearing just because they're being told they're immoral or slutty for doing so.

And the opposite is just as true - no one should be forced to strip down further than they feel comfortable just to conform to modern norms.

So, basically, I think people should just stop being assholes. :pb_lol:

I remember that Dead Sea episode. Boob swimming in full polo shirt/jeans looked SO ridiculous and uncomfortable. Get a wet suit or something if you're worried about modesty.

Jessa and Jinger looked so embarrassed when he swam over to that guy that was talking to them and was like "Hi, I'm the daddy."

It's not their swimwear that bothers me. It's their damn holier than thou attitude while they wear it.

Again, what did JB think would happen on a crowded beach? The girls weren't 6 years old. Was he protecting his daughters from people with evil intent? Did he not want them to speak to people who might challenge their ideas? He looked seriously ridiculous in his jeans. Did he take his shoes off?

It wasn't just JB, some of their brothers came over as well. I guess they thought the poor guy was going to hurt them while the cameras were rolling.

48 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Again, what did JB think would happen on a crowded beach? The girls weren't 6 years old. Was he protecting his daughters from people with evil intent? Did he not want them to speak to people who might challenge their ideas? He looked seriously ridiculous in his jeans. Did he take his shoes off?

He did at least remove the shoes, it's at 0:30

It looked like when the Dillards were swimming part of the pool was blocked off for filming so not much of a chance of being defrauded if almost everyone is asked to leave. 

I don't particularly mind the modest swimwear, if you wanna wear that its fine, I don't have a very nice body so I don't particularly like wearing revealing swimwear either, but it kind of bothered me that they were wearing their sandals in the pool and derrick had his stupid bandana still on.

I feil sexier in a wetsuit than I do in a bikini (wetsuits are like spandex, nips and tucks in all the right plages!).

So, which one would be the most defrauding? 

Maybe the Duggar girls don't swim in public so much anymore because 1.they're trying to maintain the "See? We're just a normal, Christian family!" facade, and 2. they're more fashion-conscious, and realize how odd they look to the average viewer. There's cute modest swimwear out there, people, and it doesn't have to have matronly floral accents!

That's not to say you shouldn't wear those swimsuits if you genuinely like them. I'm just noting the overall fashion shift of the Duggar gals, from frumpers to trendy (but modest) clothing.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived