IGNORED

Glenn Beck says Mel Gibson told him the Jews stole his Jesus movie

47of74

On 9/12/2016 at 6:22 AM, Terrie said:

I knew a lot of fundies got off on the film, but I didn't realize they did it quite so literally.

That is so naughty.  You know you're going straight to hell, right? :hee:

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

Since all my friends will be there anyway, I'm okay with that.

Wait, Mel Gibson made a WWII movie? What, does he portray the Nazis as misunderstood heros? 

Oh Passion of The Christ. After that movie came out a classmate wouldn't shut up about how I killed Jesus and was going to go to hell for it. I should have told my teacher about him being an anti-Semitic douche because not only was I a total teacher's pet but she was also Jewish. He wouldn't listen to facts or reason, so I got frustrated and promised not to do it again. He accepted my apology and dropped the subject.

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Fundies make hell sound like an amazing party, so going there isn't necessarily a bad thing. Seriously, hell is full of alcohol, sex, rock and roll, and other worldly things.

Maybe fundies mix up hell and Woodstock...

7 hours ago, Terrie said:

Since all my friends will be there anyway, I'm okay with that.

As the quote often attributed to Mark Twain goes, "Heaven for the climate.  Hell for the company."

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Fundies make hell sound like an amazing party, so going there isn't necessarily a bad thing. Seriously, hell is full of alcohol, sex, rock and roll, and other worldly things.

Maybe fundies mix up hell and Woodstock...

Well to fundies hell and Woodstock were probably one and the same.

Can we please just launch Mel Gibson on a one way trip into space? Maybe to Uranus because he is such an anus. Glenn Beck can go with him.

Can we please just launch Mel Gibson on a one way trip into space? Maybe to Uranus because he is such an anus. Glenn Beck can go with him.

Yeah that would be nice. Along with a few other Reich wing whack jobs. Of course they'd all have to watch out for the Klingons near Uranus.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, 47of74 said:

Glenn Beck apparently is telling people Mel Gibson - he who wants to take the church back to the 1550s - is whining that the Jews stole his Jesus movie;

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/07/glenn-beck-mel-gibson-told-me-jewish-people-stole-his-christ-movie.html?via=twitter_page

fp.jpg

This is a perfect picture.  ;) 

Whenever I hear news of Mel Gibson's shenanigans these days, I always think of two things: his brutal taped phone messages to his ex-girlfriend (or was she a wife?; they've been played/mocked on Howard Stern's show quite often (and justifiably so), and the South Park episode where they mock his craziness & The Passion.

Maybe it's just me, but I miss the good old days of Mel Gibson (ie, Lethal Weapon).

10 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

This is a perfect picture.  ;) 

Whenever I hear news of Mel Gibson's shenanigans these days, I always think of two things: his brutal taped phone messages to his ex-girlfriend (or was she a wife?; they've been played/mocked on Howard Stern's show quite often (and justifiably so), and the South Park episode where they mock his craziness & The Passion.

Maybe it's just me, but I miss the good old days of Mel Gibson (ie, Lethal Weapon).

The abusive phone message was to his Russian girlfriend who gave birth to a daughter about six years ago. They never married and having been fighting like cats and dogs over the child since day one. Gibson's only spouse was Robin, an Episcopalian to whom he was married for over twenty years and gave birth to seven kids. How she managed that long is a mystery to me. 

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The abusive phone message was to his Russian girlfriend who gave birth to a daughter about six years ago. They never married and having been fighting like cats and dogs over the child since day one. Gibson's only spouse was Robin, an Episcopalian to whom he was married for over twenty years and gave birth to seven kids. How she managed that long is a mystery to me. 

Yeah, this is the same wife Gibson once said was going to hell for not being in the Roman church;

today.com/id/4224452/ns/today-entertainment/t/mel-gibson-says-his-wife-could-be-going-hell/

Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the reporter asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. “There is no salvation for those outside the Church,” Gibson replied. “I believe it.”

He elaborated: “Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She’s a much better person than I am. Honestly. She’s, like, Episcopalian, Church of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she believes in that stuff. And it’s just not fair if she doesn’t make it, she’s better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from the chair. I go with it.”

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah, this is the same wife Gibson once said was going to hell for not being in the Roman church;

today.com/id/4224452/ns/today-entertainment/t/mel-gibson-says-his-wife-could-be-going-hell/

But since Gibson believes the chair is empty, to whom he is referring? Based on that quote, one could infer that Gibson believes in Feeneyism, a heresy that states that absolutely no one can be saved outside the Catholic Church and was condemned in 1953 during the reign of Pius XII, whom sedevacantists tend to believe was the last valid pope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeneyism

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

But since Gibson believes the chair is empty, to whom he is referring? Based on that quote, one could infer that Gibson believes in Feeneyism, a heresy that states that absolutely no one can be saved outside the Catholic Church and was condemned in 1953 during the reign of Pius XII, whom sedevacantists tend to believe was the last valid pope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeneyism

Spoiler

:) 

Why does Gibson keep committing fornication? If you're going to call every pope who you don't personally agree with the "antichrist" or "not a real Catholic" be consistent please.

Has he been excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church yet?

1 hour ago, Alicja said:

Why does Gibson keep committing fornication? If you're going to call every pope who you don't personally agree with the "antichrist" or "not a real Catholic" be consistent please.

I'm no expert in canon law, but I think Gibson may have excommunicated himself because he publicly persists in his sedevacantist position and has even built his own church in defiance of the authority of his local bishop. However, Gibson doesn't recognize the authority of the "post Counciliar Church," so a formal declaration of excommunication wouldn't do anything to change his behavior.

31 minutes ago, Alicja said:

If he ever figures it out I hope he gives me a call. I have no real interest in being a Catholic (I don't agree with some teachings or their stance on many social issues) and haven't wanted to be part of the Church since before I was confirmed - so, yeah know, a tip or two would be appreciated. :pb_lol:

(I'm joking by the way. I don't want to be Catholic, but I'm not actively looking to do anything official about it because I'm lazy. And in pretty sure I wouldn't like Mel's methods anyways.)

On September 19, 2016 at 6:27 PM, HarryPotterFan said:
  Hide contents

:) 

... I think we're secretly soul mates. Please don't tell my husband? :pb_lol:

On 9/23/2016 at 10:49 AM, VelociRapture said:

If he ever figures it out I hope he gives me a call. I have no real interest in being a Catholic (I don't agree with some teachings or their stance on many social issues) and haven't wanted to be part of the Church since before I was confirmed - so, yeah know, a tip or two would be appreciated. :pb_lol:

(I'm joking by the way. I don't want to be Catholic, but I'm not actively looking to do anything official about it because I'm lazy. And in pretty sure I wouldn't like Mel's methods anyways.)

... I think we're secretly soul mates. Please don't tell my husband? :pb_lol:

I think all you have to do is write a letter to your bishop? I'm not entirely sure, but it doesn't really matter (except when it comes to Mel Gibson, fuck that guy). I totally understand why you wouldn't want to be Catholic anymore, the Church really needs to get with the times and either update or scrap Humanae Vitae, not to mention the platform on LGBT people. Being a gay leftist Catholic can be awfully lonely in a sea full of straight conservatives :pb_sad: At least Pope Francis has been more welcoming than others, but I digress. 

4 hours ago, Alicja said:

I think all you have to do is write a letter to your bishop? I'm not entirely sure, but it doesn't really matter (except when it comes to Mel Gibson, fuck that guy). I totally understand why you wouldn't want to be Catholic anymore, the Church really needs to get with the times and either update or scrap Humanae Vitae, not to mention the platform on LGBT people. Being a gay leftist Catholic can be awfully lonely in a sea full of straight conservatives :pb_sad: At least Pope Francis has been more welcoming than others, but I digress. 

Yeah. Francis is definitely a nice change in tone from Benedict, but he drives me crazy to be honest. Sometimes he speaks and says things that are so incredibly compassionate and insightful. Other times? He opens his mouth and a cloud of locusts emerge to wreck havoc on the earth. I kind of wish he would just pick one or the other - I'm getting spiritual whiplash!

It bothers me a bit to know that I'm probably still on some sort of Catholic members list somewhere. But they aren't trying to force me to go to Mass or give them money or anything. So I figure I'll just let that slide while I focus on figuring out what I do actually believe.

(And I'm sorry the Church hasn't been more welcoming to you and other LGBTQ people. It's one of the biggest reasons I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. I don't want to be part of a religion that doesn't love and accept my brother - or others - for being who true to himself.)

My mom is a recovering Catholic, who left the Church over its stance on brith control. I have long suspected that if I'd been raised Catholic, I would have ended up as one of those radical nuns who got in trouble with the Vatican a few years ago for not being anti-LGBT enough for Ratzinger. I love Pope Francis's social justice message, but it saddens me that he falls short of extending it to all people.

Archived