IGNORED

Maulucci Family Missionaries - Maintenance-free children for days

picklepizzas

"Maintenance-free" appears to be code for neglect.

Um... children are supposed to take maintenance. That's why they have parents rather than just raising themselves in the swamp or something.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

"Maintenance-free" appears to be code for neglect.

Um... children are supposed to take maintenance. That's why they have parents rather than just raising themselves in the swamp or something.

You would say that. But while we suckers are wasting our time parenting our children, the Tucker Max of missionaries is out having crazy sex with his wife in parking lots and writing us awesome stories about it. Now don't you feel foolish?

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

the Tucker Max of missionaries

The perfect description! Both of them turn my stomach in the exact same way. Ew.

5 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

You would say that. But while we suckers are wasting our time parenting our children, the Tucker Max of missionaries is out having crazy sex with his wife in parking lots and writing us awesome stories about it. Now don't you feel foolish?

Actually, I feel nauseated.

6 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

bbm -- I almost snorted coffee out of my nose! PERFECT description.

8 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I've just Googled Tucker Max. Wish I hadn't!  He is one sleazy character.  

Joshly would make a good pal for him though!

36 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is a gigantic sleazeball! But he is, at very least, honest about what he is. Joshly would have to stop being such an undercover sleazeball before he could hang.

This has to be one of the craziest Fundie blogs we've run across. He basically talks to himself about how great he is...while he simultaneously neglects his children. (I agree that "maintenance-free" means neglect.)

I can't wait until I have a moment to go through it.

This was a great rabbit hole. I was reading through the post on Virtues of a Virtuous Woman and came across this line

She lives in the annoyance that is Eastern Europe,

Really dude? Really? I mean I have lived overseas in various places and have I been incredibly frustrated at times? Of course. But if you call the place you live that you chose to live in an annoyance then maybe move back to the US. 

Then of course there is the whole fact that he lumps Eastern Europe together as though it was one entity. It pisses me off a lot when people do that about Africa but it is no less irritating when people do it about other parts of the world. 

i've been perusing the wife's facebook (Katie maulucci) & she mentions in one post that they're staying in hotel rooms provided by a church. what was that about not being those grifting kind of missionaries, nick? also - do you think that means they're literally grifting their way through the US nine months, jumping from free hotel to free hotel? how are they better than the shrader type of missionary, exactly? maybe it was a one time thing, but either way i still haven't seen any evidence they're actually self-supporting and not just living off the donations of others. 

also there's a fun series of photos/videos from that time they visited with jrod. i wonder if there's a courtship in the future between one of the oldest jrod girls and an elder maulucci boy. ...which raises the question, how do courtships work in these fundie missionary families? several of the maulucci boys will be reaching that age soon. have any of the other missionary families followed on fj reached this juncture yet? 

She lives in the annoyance that is Eastern Europe

If you hate it so much, move back. I'm sure there are very challenging things about where they're living, but that's no reason to speak in such a demeaning way about the region that's hosting them. Every place has its negatives, but if they can't see that there are positives too, they don't deserve to be there condescending to the locals.

On 9/9/2016 at 8:30 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Joshly might make a good pal for the Maulucci dude. Not Tucker Max, though. Tucker Max is at least an honest pervert, and I'm pretty sure he never once considered molesting his own underaged sisters. 

(Not that Maulucci is a child molester either -- but he lives and supports a religious system that, while not actively encouraging that behavior DOES create an environment in which that behavior flourishes). 

I do wonder what he considers to be "grifting", as several other people have mentioned.  What's the difference between what the Shraders do and the church support this family gets?

I've spent a lot of time living in various parts of Eastern Europe for work, and each time I've met Americans who are above the whole place, consider it an annoyance. In my experience, those people are failing to make any friends, get involved, or fit in in an meaningful or even superficial way. They feel isolated and lonely, and it is easier to call the place subpar than to deal with not having a place.

Given what these bible distributers are doing, I would be very surprised if they had any real connections there. Arrogance often hides gross insecurities.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read Nick M's latest, and I'm just confused!  I quite enjoy his "we..." sentences, where he clearly means "you...", but what does this mean?

After being in 45 churches in a little over 15 weeks, we seem to sense whisperings of an awakening amongst the Christians. We have been pushed to the brink. Slowly…too slowly…we have begun to realize that sacrificing liberties in the name of safety is NOT worth it. Like the loyalists of old, we have preferred to pay the tax and have Mother England defend us. Unfortunately, the globalists in Uncle Sam’s clothing have offered to “protect” us through a litany of regulations. We ourselves are becoming loyalists at our own behest.

Is he meaning actual England, or that's the past?

And this made me laugh, thinking of the Duggars:

We are being pushed back to the prayer closet – why do we resist?

And this last para, SO bombastic!

Awake, America, out of the euphoric stupor of riches and abundance and pride. Cast off the effervescent scent of lasciviousness and let your nostrils sense the burning embers of Holy Ghost awakening. It is our time. It is our duty. It is not too late! For our posterity; for our forefathers; for America of old; for Christ’s sake – Awake, America! Awake!

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

I've just read Nick M's latest, and I'm just confused!  I quite enjoy his "we..." sentences, where he clearly means "you...", but what does this mean?

After being in 45 churches in a little over 15 weeks, we seem to sense whisperings of an awakening amongst the Christians. We have been pushed to the brink. Slowly…too slowly…we have begun to realize that sacrificing liberties in the name of safety is NOT worth it. Like the loyalists of old, we have preferred to pay the tax and have Mother England defend us. Unfortunately, the globalists in Uncle Sam’s clothing have offered to “protect” us through a litany of regulations. We ourselves are becoming loyalists at our own behest.

Is he meaning actual England, or that's the past?

It reads to me like he's trying to say that the church is waking up and realizing that letting go of a liberty here and there to have the government protect them is worth it...until they came to this giant crossroads of Hillary or bust, and now MILITIA FOR ALL. 

Or at least, that's how I read it. 

Any more takers? 

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Praying that this can become a post count. 

I'm looking up where to nominate "Casting off the effervescent scent of lasciviousness" as a count RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I got sucked into the rabbit hole for all of three minutes, & now I can't get the Neil Diamond song (Forever in blue jeans?) out of my head.

Plus, my lip was curling in disgust/dazed amazement/wtf as I read some of his choice words. No thanks, not for me.

• 5 months later...

Maulucci sighting!  Nick blogged back in February, about their trip across the USA, and he's writing a book, apparently! 

I know he probably means it as humourous, but a lot of his weird generalisations about states just seen mean-spirited....  but that's Nick, right?  I quite like the fact he's a bit vinegar-tongued, compared to all the happy-happy-joy-joy, keep sweet missionaries.

http://rhapsodyinbluejeans.com/2017/02/22/there-and-back-again/

Archived