IGNORED

Has Sarah ever been alone?

skrmom

Sarah is 33 or 34. Has she ever been alone (aside from using the restroom of course)? Has she ever gone to the store alone or been alone at home?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. There was the incident where she was on a walk with Ellie the dog and Ellie got attacked by two other dogs. I think she might have been alone then. And she's gone on flights alone, I think.

She has also driven over to Joseph's house alone in a car.  I think she was also alone when she drove over to take piccies of John's car crash. And @mango_fandango is correct, she went to visit a friend and took a flight alone this year.  Amazing for the Maxwells, but she is in her 30s.  

She may be alone more than we know but remember she also "chooses" to stay at home.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

She has also driven over to Joseph's house alone in a car.  I think she was also alone when she drove over to take piccies of John's car crash. And @mango_fandango is correct, she went to visit a friend and took a flight alone this year.  Amazing for the Maxwells, but she is in her 30s.  

She may be alone more than we know but remember she also "chooses" to stay at home.

Oh now I remember her flying alone. I can imagine Steve making a reservation for her:

Airline reservation agent: How can I help you?

Steve: I need to reserve a flight for my little girl, She has never gone bye-bye alone, she will need help.

Agent: We can help unaccompanied minors, how old is the child?

Steve. She is 33.

Agent: I am sorry sir, we can not help a toddler flying alone. Our minimum age is 10.

Steve: No, she is 33 YEARS old, but she has not even gone to the mail box at the end of the driveway alone.

Agent: She is 33 ? 

Steve:Yes, we let her cross the street alone just last week. I was one one side and her mommy was on the other. we had cake to celebrate afterwards.

Agent: I think I will let my supervisor help you...

Agent: 

I still don't think she flew alone.  Her brother was away at the same time.  I think he went with her on the plane and went his own way after. 

I seem to recall that Steve ordered the women to take walks as groups and to pray or sing hymns etc... while they did so. If I'm wrong let me know. Being alone must be such a pleasure after all the forced togetherness.  I know a women much like Sarah, SAHD but has a real job and did go to college, but always with her parents and never does anything alone. When talking to her about living on her own and getting a real life she couldn't understand how normal people survive without constant oversight from Mom and Dad and how lonely it would be. Sometimes being "lonely" is the best thing ever b/c you can be you instead of meeting someone else's expectations 24/7. 

On 2016-08-30 at 5:04 PM, skrmom said:

Oh now I remember her flying alone. I can imagine Steve making a reservation for her:

Steve: I need to reserve a flight for my little girl, She has never gone bye-bye alone, she will need help.

Steve. She is 33.

Agent: I am sorry sir, we can not help a toddler flying alone. Our minimum age is 10.

Steve: No, she is 33 YEARS old, but she has not even gone to the mail box at the end of the driveway alone.

Steve:Yes, we let her cross the street alone just last week. I was one one side and her mommy was on the other. we had cake to celebrate afterwards.

Agent: 

LOL the supervisor just may call the authorities on Steve for being so overprotective, or something.

Well, in the past year I guess he has figured out that he HAS to show that he's trying to let her be alone in some ways. She took the trip, she got to drive alone in order to get that surprise party(when they're all together like they are, surprises are beyond tricky; I'm surprised they even do it) and she got herself a dog that she walks, by herself. Stay tuned, right?

On August 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM, skrmom said:

Steve. She is 33.

Agent: 

........or they would think she was handicapped and Daddy was treating her to a trip to visit friends and teaching her independence.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

........or they would think she was handicapped and Daddy was treating her to a trip to visit friends and teaching her independence.

I think she does have a handicap. 

Her parents. 

On 8/30/2016 at 6:04 PM, skrmom said:

<snip>

Steve:Yes, we let her cross the street alone just last week. I was one one side and her mommy was on the other. we had cake  animal crackers to celebrate afterwards.

fixed that for you

On 8/31/2016 at 10:20 AM, theologygeek said:

I still don't think she flew alone.  Her brother was away at the same time.  I think he went with her on the plane and went his own way after. 

I agree. I haven't looked back at older threads, but I think we did have some suspicion that one of her brothers was with her, though not clearly visible in  the photos.

I am astonished that fundies - Maxwells in particular - aren't supposed to be alone and need 'accountability'; so much so that Joseph owned a house between courtships but still lived at home. 

They don't trust themselves as far as they can see and Steve definitely doesn't trust them.

That's total and complete parental failure in my opinion.

Sarah is so scared she may defile herself or otherwise sin, I doubt any of them even *want* to be alone. Their father has made them terrified of themselves.

On 9/1/2016 at 8:26 PM, MissManners said:

I seem to recall that Steve ordered the women to take walks as groups and to pray or sing hymns etc... while they did so. If I'm wrong let me know. Being alone must be such a pleasure after all the forced togetherness.  I know a women much like Sarah, SAHD but has a real job and did go to college, but always with her parents and never does anything alone. When talking to her about living on her own and getting a real life she couldn't understand how normal people survive without constant oversight from Mom and Dad and how lonely it would be. Sometimes being "lonely" is the best thing ever b/c you can be you instead of meeting someone else's expectations 24/7. 

I know that in some cultures it's very rare for people to just go be alone, but I would go insane if I could never have time to just sit by myself and read a book, or go for a run alone and listen to my guilty pleasure playlist. Heck, an awesome feeling for me is when a houseguest leaves and I can just relax and be alone. Being an introvert in a fundamentalist family or in very group-oriented cultures must be exhausting.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I know that in some cultures it's very rare for people to just go be alone, but I would go insane if I could never have time to just sit by myself and read a book, or go for a run alone and listen to my guilty pleasure playlist. Heck, an awesome feeling for me is when a houseguest leaves and I can just relax and be alone. Being an introvert in a fundamentalist family or in very group-oriented cultures must be exhausting.

Never being alone would drive me crazy too.

Forgive the o.t., but I admit I'm a little curious about what's on your guilty pleasure playlist.

58 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Jesus is always watching. Even in the bathroom 

I want this printed in a lovely, large font... And I'll hang it in my bathroom. Add a bit of twisted humor to my life, and confuse the shit out of guests.

I love going home to be ugly in PEACE. It's so nice. I don't have to put on a smile or pretend to like anyone at all and I can eat cold chinese food in just a t shirt and undies and watch tv shows no one else wants to watch with me. And of course snark on FJ.

5 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

(snip)   I can eat cold chinese food in just a t shirt and undies ....

Yum. My favorite breakfast.  Alas, I have none in my fridge.  :tw_dissapointed:

P.S.  Sarah has probably never eaten cold Chinese food either.  So totally sad.

2 hours ago, gibbsgirls said:

And definitely never in a t-shirt and undies! :pb_surprised:

On September 15, 2016 at 8:39 AM, gibbsgirls said:

Has she even had cold pizza?  Good hangover food.   Oh wait, she would never have a  hangover!

This light-hearted discussion about fast food actually reveals something incredibly sad about fundie kidults. More sad than never tasting cold Chinese food, I mean.

For most of us, getting too many takeaways and not getting dressed till midday isn't just representative of the freedom that Poor Sarah lacks, but also the opportunity to learn. Fundie kidults are expected to be perfect adults by 18 (or earlier!), but they're deprived of the chance to become adults (hence kidults). There's no eating too much pizza, feeling sick, and learning to cook, or spending all day in your pyjamas and deciding that feels kind of gross so you should probably shower; these kidults are *taught* but they never *experience*. So they get up, shower and get dressed every morning to go have a homemade breakfast, because their parents told them to.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I am not an introvert but not a complete extrovert either. I love to have big bon fires, have people over, go dancing, etc. HOWEVER I also love silence and being alone too. I have a husband and 3 kids and after they all go to bed, I love it. I also work in a very open office environment - 40 of my "closest" friends all in one room with white noise (super annoying) and chatter, and clients, and, and, and. I love it when I can walk away, go into one of the offices for a conference call and listen to nothing. My conference calls always seem to start or end at least 10 minutes later than scheduled. ;)

I run with a friend but I do enjoy running by myself, put on my tunes and go. It is so nice. Some days I think of almost nothing (I am a woman after all so there are always thoughts running through my head) and other days I run to figure stuff out. Can't do that with someone.

One thing I don't get is even Jesus went off to be alone. On the mountain where the devil tempted him, the night before the crucified he went off further up the mountain -passed his apostles - to pray by himself. Why does DaddyDearest not follow this scripture and follow the lead of Jesus that alone time is good? (Others that are more bible savvy than me I am sure can quote scripture and verse. I remember the stories, never had much use to know the exact scripture and verse- more use has come from the meaning of the story.)

Jesus even asked the disciples to get in the boat and row to the other side! The crowds still followed him.  He was tired. Ended up, he had to get out of said boat and preach but goes to show, even Jesus needed a break.

Archived