IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

They posted a collage of the newborn pictures to their Instagram, and the responses have been overwhelmingly negative, same as here. I'm so glad to see that since they usually get mostly leghumpy responses. Looks like even their fundie friends think they're nuts for once!

I do feel a bit bad because I feel like this was Priscilla's attempt to copy something she saw on Pinterest and fit in with the stylish Bates/Duggar mommies...but they don't have the money to do it right.  And I worry that David will take this out on her, since he's Mr. Image.  

But good lord.  It's bad.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only photo where that poor baby doesn't look utterly miserable is the close-up with his eyes open (after the damn hand hearts and before the rings/shackles on his toes).  He's genuinely cute in that one.

8 minutes ago, catlady said:

The only photo where that poor baby doesn't look utterly miserable is the close-up with his eyes open (after the damn hand hearts and before the rings/shackles on his toes).  He's genuinely cute in that one.

They didn't even give the poor little fella a good place to sleep. :(

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

You have to remember, baby Phillip has a job to do. He is to be a manly man, at least as manly as his father, and he is to evangelize. No one will take him seriously in 30 years if a picture of him materializes, wearing the normal, cute clothes that a normal newborn wears. Remember, he's the son of the man who ran a marathon in Khakis and a collared shirt.

and water-skis in a suit. The epitome of manliness...

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Davia is already over the new baby.

Davia is over it already.jpg

Poor Davia, she just looks like "who the ____ are these people and why am I sitting with them?"

Davia is absolutely rocking the " these bitches ..." face. Second, and this is kind of catty of me, but does the matching wedding bands mean Pris has A MAN'S ring or David has a WOMAN's ring? That just looks so large for a woman of P's size ....

if this website ever needed a new name, we better be freeing Davia.

Priss looks freakin fantastic for just giving birth and continuing to parent two toddlers before, during, and after with virtually no breaks.  

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Poor Davia.  I've never seen such a look of resignation to an awful fate.  

Looks like she's thinking "Things weren't bad enough before?".

Phillip will be giving his first chalk talk middle of next week.  Schedules and theme are still being worked out, and he will be appropriately dressed for the occasion.

Davia has just been told she is gonna help raise Phillip. I'd have that face too if I was told I was gonna have to be a sister-mom. Lol

16 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Davia has just been told she is gonna help raise Phillip. I'd have that face too if I was told I was gonna have to be a sister-mom. Lol

#FreeDavia! Run Davia run! :pb_mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Davia is already over the new baby.

Davia is over it already.jpg

The moment she realized she was now a middle child (and soon to be sister mom).

Those photos are the sort of things that belong on Awkward Family Photos.

Ive seen the photos they got the inspiration from....they just did it horribly wrong.

I just don't understand why they saw those pictures and thought "amazing! all the world needs to see these through social media!" instead of just taking their lumps and keeping them private.

ETA: Sweet Jeebus, if these are the ones that made the cut, what do you think the ones that didn't look like? :shock:

Who knew that they made khaki trousers, button down flannel shirts and sleeveless pullovers (vests) in such minuscule sizes?  Poor Phillip.

The photo of him screaming on the back of a toy truck is worse than the Maxwell mummified infant photos.  That says a lot.

And, yes. #FreeDavia.

That shot of baby Philip on the lambskin rug horrifies me.  Maybe 30 years ago, lambskins were the "in" thing among mothers especially attachment parenting ones and crunchy moms.  Then researchers found that lambskins were associated with increased SIDS (SIDA) rates.  Newborn infants should be in a sleeper, soft gown or onesie if not bare except for a diaper for some skin-to-skin time with mom or dad and not in khakis.

My kids were all dressed in a cutsie outfit for "coming home". However, after that they lived in sleepers, onesies, gowns, or just a diaper until they got a little older...I'm thinking over 3 months? #1 child was born in October...so she was dressed in soft, fluffy sleepers. #2 was born in April, so he didn't really wear "clothes" until October or so. #3 was born in late June. He lived in a diaper until October-ish. Maybe that's why he hates clothes! 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

ETA: Sweet Jeebus, if these are the ones that made the cut, what do you think the ones that didn't look like? :shock:

Horrors.  I mean bigger horrors.

Priscilla to Davia:  Da-vee-uhhh!  You're such a BIG girl!  You're old enough to help mommy change baby Phillip's diapers.  Aren't you excited?  Followed by "the face".

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Horrors.  I mean bigger horrors.

Priscilla to Davia:  Da-vee-uhhh!  You're such a BIG girl!  You're old enough to help mommy change baby Phillip's diapers.  Aren't you excited?  Followed by "the face".

I make a point not to listen to the Wallers speak so I don't know the answer - is Davia pronounced Day-vee-ah or Da-Vee-ah?

3 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Day-vee-ah. Which I was shocked about it because I was thinking it was pronounced Da-Vee-ah. 

Remember when Anna was 9 mos pregnant with Michael and had to go on the bus for the Duggar book signing tour? She brought her birth kit and had an outfit similar to Phillip's  for Michael's first outfit. I guess they think it'S cute. 

I get the feeling that in fundie land, being a baby is like being in boot camp. Get that blanket training, scheduling and independence out of the way so they can quickly move on to being good little soldiers for Christ.

26 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I make a point not to listen to the Wallers speak so I don't know the answer - is Davia pronounced Day-vee-ah or Da-Vee-ah?

On video she says it "Duh-vee-ah." If you have a strong stomach, you can find Davia's announcement video on David's youtube channel.

6 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I do feel a bit bad because I feel like this was Priscilla's attempt to copy something she saw on Pinterest and fit in with the stylish Bates/Duggar mommies...but they don't have the money to do it right.  And I worry that David will take this out on her, since he's Mr. Image.  

But good lord.  It's bad.

I hope we won't see another YouTube video of Priscilla saying she needs to be a better mother and wife. Those always make me sad for her.

I agree with your comment because I think they genuinely are clueless about how awful the pictures are.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Every time I've heard them say it, they've pronounced it duh-VEE-uh. 

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Second, and this is kind of catty of me, but does the matching wedding bands mean Pris has A MAN'S ring or David has a WOMAN's ring? That just looks so large for a woman of P's size ....

Priscilla has kind of a man's ring. Or a ring that is waaay to big for someone her size, anyway. Personally, I think it looks ridiculous. Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things. ;)

DavidLovesPriscilla08-1-768x512.jpg

Now after watching those awkward photos, and thinking improper associations* I'm feeling like I'm really bad person. Thanks David and Pris! 

About Priscilla's ring - this girl always carry her kids on hands, is SAHM, we also see her doing some "man's work" with house renovation. I'm not surprised she hasn't pianist fingers.

* My first thought was Philip is dead, because feet photo, which I saw as a first,  reminds me a Jubilee Duggar photo... I'm sorry. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived