IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's classic Pecan. It's all about image for him. I'm sure it's his dream to head the cult one day with his perfect fundie wife and 9 blonde children of the corn.

All matching. Don't forget the matching! :P 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree he's very into image, but - I confess - I don't think I'd mind meeting the Wallers.  I'm sure it would seem like bible-thumping Stepford, and would get old pretty quick, but they seem like nice people.  And I could beg off if things got too idiotic or repetitive.  Unlike some of our other fundie families, they appear to try to include vs. shun relatives who have "sinned" and/or left the fold.  I remember there were some instances with Priscilla's family and I'm impressed by that.  I wouldn't exactly call it tolerance but it seems as though there's some genuine decency there.  They could just as easily shun like the rest.

I'm not saying they aren't snark-worthy (just read my posts), but I don't feel the same contempt that I do for types like Joshley, the Maxwells, and the Andersons.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Agree he's very into image, but - I confess - I don't think I'd mind meeting the Wallers.  I'm sure it would seem like bible-thumping Stepford, and would get old pretty quick, but they seem like nice people.  And I could beg off if things got too idiotic or repetitive.  Unlike some of our other fundie families, they appear to try to include vs. shun relatives who have "sinned" and/or left the fold.  I remember there were some instances with Priscilla's family and I'm impressed by that.  I wouldn't exactly call it tolerance but it seems as though there's some genuine decency there.  They could just as easily shun like the rest.

I'm not saying they aren't snark-worthy (just read my posts), but I don't feel the same contempt that I do for types like Joshley, the Maxwells, and the Andersons.

They are totally snark-worthy but there's something different about them. I have such a soft spot for Priscilla and I don't even know why. 

He could not be more obvious.  I think he's clearly aware of how people perceive him, but has no idea how to actually come across as a "man's man".   Blurred distinctions indeed, Davy.
Anyway, glad it's a boy as I always am with these misogynistic pigs. One less fundie slave for the family.   Although I was looking forward to whatever concoction they were going to come up with for a girl.

I was assuming they would take David's middle name and slap an -A on the end of it for the next little lady. I wonder why they chose Davia for a girl and not David Jr for a boy.... did they do a story explaining how they chose Davis's name? It's just odd to me. The boys get biblical, manly names lauding character traits and inspiring stories and Davia gets her fathers name. I think someone said it already but maybe they don't care as much about girls names and tend to go trendy because lets be real - the only part of a girls name that matters is her father or husbands name attached to it [emoji36]

22 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I was assuming they would take David's middle name and slap an -A on the end of it for the next little lady. I wonder why they chose Davia for a girl and not David Jr for a boy.... did they do a story explaining how they chose Davis's name? It's just odd to me. The boys get biblical, manly names lauding character traits and inspiring stories and Davia gets her fathers name. I think someone said it already but maybe they don't care as much about girls names and tend to go trendy because lets be real - the only part of a girls name that matters is her father or husbands name attached to it emoji36.png

Davia is the feminine of David.  

I think the P name for the boys to match with Pris and a D for a girl to match with Davy is strange for fundies.  Evil secret thought?   Davia is David's real name for himself.   And so maybe in a way, little Davia is a Jr. 

David-Pics-15-698x1024.jpg

32 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

The boys get biblical, manly names lauding character traits and inspiring stories and Davia gets her fathers name. I think someone said it already but maybe they don't care as much about girls names and tend to go trendy because lets be real - the only part of a girls name that matters is her father or husbands name attached to it emoji36.png

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the boys will carry on the Waller surname. As a girl when Davia marries she'll take her husband's name (no chance of a hyphen in fundiedom). By naming her after her father she'll retain a "family name" even if it isn't the actual Waller surname.

This poor baby is only how many days old and they put it thru a photo shoot??? They obviously did not have a professional photographer so Please, oh please, oh please tell me David knows how to make a composite image and there was someone holding on to that poor, uncomfortable baby in the Tonka truck. 

23 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

This poor baby is only how many days old and they put it thru a photo shoot??? They obviously did not have a professional photographer so Please, oh please, oh please tell me David knows how to make a composite image and there was someone holding on to that poor, uncomfortable baby in the Tonka truck. 

The pictures in the truck worried me too.  And why weren't there some of him being held by, or at least posed with, other family members?

Don't even get me started on that outfit.

This may not be a popular thought, but IMHO, babies are not cute yet at 2 days old. They are still all wrinkly and disoriented looking. These pics would have been a lot cuter in a few weeks. What is the hurry?

I just don't get why you'd post a photo of your two day old son screaming and looking uncomfortable in a toy truck.  I guess they think being in a truck shows he's going to be manly?

I hope David still has some of those cooking skills and takes over cooking from Priss for a few days at least.  Yeah, not likely...

DavidLovesPriscilla18-768x512.jpgDavidLovesPriscilla14-768x512.jpgOMG, those are THE WORST baby pictures I've ever seen! Those creative poses are best left to professional photographers. The pics in the truck are completely cringeworthy, but the ones where he's face down on the fake fur are uncomfortable to look at!  The pics on the tree stump make me uncomfortable, too. Ugh, that poor baby. He looks truly tortured. Babies that young just want to curl up and sleep, like they did in the womb, not be posed in things around the house and yard. What the hell were they thinking??

I think David needs to work on the quality of patience. While people were anxious to hear news of the birth, we all really can live without seeing a 2 hour post partum family pic, or a very newborn baby shoved in a truck or smothered in a rug.

Is David in charge of ATI or are these family conferences separate? I get the sense he feels an obligation constantly to present an example of a godly family.

And not to be anal, but that truck looks filthy and possibly rusty, if it's the metal kind.

Phillip looks so sad lying facedown on the blanket. Little dude has already given up on life.

Eesh!! Those photos are worse even than newborn photo shoots as done by Christopher Maxwell. And that is saying something.

3 so much I wanted to write..the side part..the truck..the uncomfortable baby etc etc  but it's all been written. Given up.on life facedown in the sheepskin though. I just snorted out loud!@@ sol !

The one of Paul on the fur facedown is me in life. Somedays it feels good to try and become one with the blanket. Especially after its fresh outta the dryer.

Good golly those photos are awful. What did they think they were doing??

I don't think I've ever seen a baby that young in a full outfit like that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable he is. Can't you just hear him thinking "Can I go back to the warm quiet place where nobody bothered me?"

That baby needs a hat! And a babygrow which looks like clothes a la 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0157PWUKU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477220045&sr=1-1&pi=SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41Xw4Ikb0jL&ref=plSrch

And I'm refraining from mentioning the stupidity of putting a newborn face down on a fluffy rug with bits that could get in eyes nose out mouth and potentially smoother him. Or asking why he couldn't have been put on his back on the rug where his face could be seen.

You guys always express my thought perfectly compared to the way I type them out. But I'm trying to come out of lurkdom  more  

These photos made me cringe. I used to do newborn photography but I prefer to photograph older babies and kids.

Put aside the lighting issues and terrible composition the baby is uncomfortable and akward. He's a few days old. He needs to be swaddled and sleeping not wearing a full outfit sitting in a truck. 

Will the baby not look manly enough if he's not wearing khakis? They could have used a blue swaddling blanket to make sure we knew he was a boy. 

There is so much wrong with those photos. Most babies this young would be leaving the hospital or just home, maybe. He'd be wearing the tiny baby hat, swaddled, in a sleeper or onsie, maybe with baby mitts so he doesn't scratch his face randomly.  Sleeping most of the time, only awake to feed. Eyes still coated with the medicine the hospital gives to prevent blindness (from STDs, I think.) As someone else said, newborns are just wrinkly lumps. Demanding lumps but still lumps. Some are covered in hair too.

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is what they were going for: 

IMG_6403.JPG

And this is their Pinterest FAIL:

IMG_6404.JPG

That's awesome! 

Plus I'm assuming they aren't proficient in Photoshop. I'm alway paranoid shooting newborns that I often have to photoshop the mother out because I like them to be close. For example the shot attached the moms arm was right behind the baby incase big brother got any ideas and the baby needed to be supported  I just photoshop mom out. 

image.jpeg

Bad enough to even take those awful photos of little PAW, but what would possess anyone to then post them?   "Tormenting our newborn...Doesn't he look miserable? We don't think he appreciates his nice little suit or Paul's dirty truck very much!"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived