IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Only 40 days for a boy.

Ah yes, you're correct! It's the second class daughters who give an 80 day break. Oh well, maybe next time. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Ah yes, you're correct! It's the second class daughters who give an 80 day break. Oh well, maybe next time. 

I wonder if some of the wives pray for a daughter for this reason

Would it be inappropriate to wish that David gets a large, jagged kidney stone that he must pass, after his treatment of Priscilla while she's pregnant and just after she gave birth. I know they are a special kind of awful, as my brother and Sweetheart have had them. I just want him to experience something awful, so he might have some empathy next time.

29 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Would it be inappropriate to wish that David gets a large, jagged kidney stone that he must pass, after his treatment of Priscilla while she's pregnant and just after she gave birth. I know they are a special kind of awful, as my brother and Sweetheart have had them. I just want him to experience something awful, so he might have some empathy next time.

No no no. I can see it now. He will make a post stating, "people often say passing a kidney stone is more painful than giving birth!" He would milk that for all its worth and act like a complete baby in bed for a week while Pris held down the fort.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

IIRC, Priscilla's timing between babies is almost identical to Anna's (for the first three).  About 20 mo. between the first two, and just under two years between the second and third.

I think Phillip looks a lot more like Adam's kids than Anna's - more Waller than Duggar, though David and Priscilla look like they could be brother and sister.

Yup, they are really similar. 

It was 20.5 months between Mackynzie and Michael, and 20.2 months between Paul and Davia. Then it was 23.9 months between Michael and Marcus, and now 23. 6 months between Davia and Phillip.

Since it was 25.8 months between Marcus and Meredith, I'm guessing it'll be 25.something until the next Thief baby. That will be November/December 2018. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Yup, they are really similar. 

It was 20.5 months between Mackynzie and Michael, and 20.2 months between Paul and Davia. Then it was 23.9 months between Michael and Marcus, and now 23. 6 months between Davia and Phillip.

Since it was 25.8 months between Marcus and Meredith, I'm guessing it'll be 25.something until the next Thief baby. That will be November/December 2018. 

Wow. So we will be waiting just over two years to see if there will be a definite P for boys and D for girls 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow. So we will be waiting just over two years to see if there will be a definite P for boys and D for girls 

Pretty much. Though if the next one's a girl, they could still go with a D name and we wouldn't know if they were just alternating between P and D. 

I will say, I feel like Ph name shouldn't count. If I was going for a Letter theme, the first sound would be the same. This, for the record, annoyed the crap out of me with Charmed. 

9 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think it's a pretty safe assumption at this point. 

David put up a blog post about the new baby which includes this nauseating gem: 

The middle name Andrew is also after one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. The name literally means man or manly one. It is our prayer that this young boy would be a man’s man after God’s own heart. It is especially important in a culture that is seeking to blur definitions of God’s design.

What a smug asshole. 

Did anyone else notice that when introducing Paul to Phillip she said it's your baby brother, but when introducing Davia she said it's your new baby. I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue, but I still find it interesting.

I will never understand why they named their daughter after David, rather than one of their sons. I don't think they have a theme aside from "strong biblical names."

21 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I will never understand why they named their daughter after David, rather than one of their sons. I don't think they have a theme aside from "strong biblical names."

Symbol of ownership, maybe?  Imagine the two of them being introduced at a purity ball.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

David put up a blog post about the new baby which includes this nauseating gem: 

What a smug asshole. 

The middle name Andrew is also after one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. The name literally means man or manly one. It is our prayer that this young boy would be a man’s man after God’s own heart. It is especially important in a culture that is seeking to blur definitions of God’s design.

Stop it. He said that?! Oh, Pecan. That's...something else. All I can think of is this:

I love how my girl Davia was not down to kiss the after birth. Lol she knew that baby was not properly washed and was not having it. She's so adorable! I hope they don't have a whole bunch of boys and Davia is expected to be Mommys little helper cleaning after them. 

#freedavia 

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Andrew...manly man... giggle giggle snort snort snort!

Is it possible for TFDW to have a manly man? How would he define that?

Shame, shame, shame on me, but I had to laugh at Priscilla's response immediately following David's hopeful  manly man spiel--"And he has really big hands, so it's like aw!"

That's been largely debunked, Priscilla. http://www.snopes.com/hand-size-trump-debate/

Poor Priscilla!

I can see a bit of an advantage for a button down shirt after birth. Much easier for nursing than a tshirt. I'm not convinced that's why she's wearing not though. More like what David picked for her. 

"Gleaning" comes from the bible too...another case of wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

IIRC, Priscilla's timing between babies is almost identical to Anna's (for the first three).  About 20 mo. between the first two, and just under two years between the second and third.

I think Phillip looks a lot more like Adam's kids than Anna's - more Waller than Duggar, though David and Priscilla look like they could be brother and sister.

It would be really weird if Philip looked like a Duggar, too, seeing as how no Duggar was involved in his conception. :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, JillyO said:

It would be really weird if Philip looked like a Duggar, too, seeing as how no Duggar was involved in his conception. :pb_lol:

Unless Priscilla is load sharing with Anna.

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I love how Davia won't be David's trained monkey.  No way was she going to kiss that baby as he wished. 

That girl has some spark. I loved that part in the video where Priscilla explains Noah's Ark to the children (on their blog):

Pris: When they where allll done, God sent the animals. Do you want to see some animals?

Davia: Nope.

:my_biggrin: FreeDavia!

7 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

Given the "a few minutes after birth" picture, can we assume she gave birth in a collared polo shirt?

And not just any collared polo shirt but a shirt that matches with Davy's shirt.

I have an irrational hatred for those "keep calm and..." slogans, so when I saw on the blog one of the midwives wearing a t-shirt that said "Keep calm and give birth naturally", I just about exploded.

18 minutes ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I have an irrational hatred for those "keep calm and..." slogans, so when I saw on the blog one of the midwives wearing a t-shirt that said "Keep calm and give birth naturally", I just about exploded.

Omg. I don't mind them much in general- although the wide proliferation is a little ridiculous- but THAT example is taking the piss. Wtf.

This assumes that everyone believes in god and is willfully out to destroy his "design".  

Wow.  This guy is an ignorant jerk.  Manly man?  You're projecting David.

I love little Davia's no nonsense attitude.  I sincerely hope this isn't blanket trained out of her.  I thinks she is adorable and I hope she see's through the BS that is her parent's lifestyle and makes a run for it when she is older.  Maybe she inherited the Keller gene that Suz and the others did that caused them to leave that toxicity.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived