IGNORED

Faith Pennington on Radiolab podcast

notachance

20 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wonder how much of the kid's accomplishments are smoke and mirrors. How much of the illusion is for the kids than for outsiders. Son graduated from law school. Is it an accredited legitimate school? Would he be employable outside his father's law firm? (I honestly don't know maybe he would be) how much of his oil sales is about his mom than him?

It is all smoke and mirrors.  The son, like his father and almost as recently, graduated from Oak Brook College of Law.  It isn't clear whether sonny-boy has passed the Bar anywhere.

Oak Brook is unaccredited and was another of Gothard's brain children.  https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2014/02/20/oak-brook-college-of-law-distances-itself-from-bill-gothard-and-iblp/

James Pennington (Dad) doesn't have a law firm.  He is a CPA.   He seems to specialize in tax dodging and and tax evasion for Sovereign Citizens.  He has passed the Bar in CA (the only state Oak Brook graduates are qualified to take the bar) but hasn't passed the TX Bar and is not qualified to practice law in TX.  His website is deliberately misleading about that and you have to read the small print.  

Mr. Pennington's credentials include:

Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy

Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court

Member of the State Bar of California

Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of California

Member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants

Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants

Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association

Member of the San Antonio CPA Society

http://www.penningtontaxlaw.com/about-us

The reactions of the other Pennington children to Faith's escape were almost as ugly as the younger Jeub children's sniping at Cynthia.  Some of it may be understandably defensive action given their respective parents.  They don't want to be treated as Faith was.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Peas n carrots said:
17 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 8.49.47 PM.png

"This is another daughter. This is our oldest who joyfully moved to Dallas". 

I have a hard time putting into words the anger that this makes me feel. Lisa is a monster. After shunning and cursing Faith, now she's bragging about how joyfully her other children are flying the coop, with her blessing of course. What a smack in the face for Faith, and I could smack her right back. Out of all the terrible moms we snark about here, she wins the narcissist award in my opinion.

Lisa acts like a petulant child.  It's a testament to Faith's ability to rise above her raising that she has handled this all with such grace and tact.  

Lisa is all about spoiling herself and getting what she wants.  I am :GRONDE: at any grown woman who takes as many selfies as she does, anyway.  

On 9/2/2016 at 4:52 PM, usedbicycle said:

"This is another daughter. This is our oldest who joyfully moved to Dallas". 

I have a hard time putting into words the anger that this makes me feel. Lisa is a monster. After shunning and cursing Faith, now she's bragging about how joyfully her other children are flying the coop, with her blessing of course. What a smack in the face for Faith, and I could smack her right back. Out of all the terrible moms we snark about here, she wins the narcissist award in my opinion.

I believe that one of the reasons Lisa is "allowing" her daughter to leave and make specific posts about it is to strike back at Faith.  I also suspect that in the course of Faith's legal quest for documentation, Lisa's parenting had to have come up to serious question and being the narcissist that she is, she probably couldn't stand that scrutiny.  So this is all to say "see, I am not such a bad parent and btw, this is my "good" daughter who I am allowing to leave, blah de blah blah". 

Lisa's reaction to Faith's departure was bad enough but now she is transforming her issues over it into an ongoing narrative about her "bad daughter" who "ran away" versus her "good daughters" who didn't.  This is unbelievably damaging behavior but Lisa has no clue so long as she gets sympathy and attention from being the heartbroken, abandoned mother.  Nothing else matters.

I hope Faith forges other relationships that will in time become her "chosen family" because Lisa is so bad, IMHO she doesn't deserve reconcilliation even if she woke up tomorrow and realized how she's behaving.

When your own mother is unwilling to sign an affidavit that yiu were born.... ayyyy that's rough!

8 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

When your own mother is unwilling to sign an affidavit that yiu were born.... ayyyy that's rough!

Yep, pretty bad.  Puts Lisa in the "shitty mother" category hands down.

Lisa's dead serious about her Young Living essential oils bidness; when Faith escaped, the related issues caused a very  bright light to shine on some marginal SovCit beliefs in that family, as well as family dynamics.  This potentially had the possibility of adversely affecting James' CPA business. 

That said, two of the other sisters are living outside the home, in other cities.  From fb pages, it looks as though they are both working (retail?), meaning they have to have Social Security numbers.  One sister (Hope?) was taking a flight somewhere, which requires ID. 

These sisters all owe Faith a debt of gratitude -- had it not been for Faith, I have no doubt that every one of those women would still be at home. 

Also, we're beating up a lot on Lisa.  I suspect James, the father, has an extremely heavy hand controlling that family. 

I teared up when she mentioned having had suicidal thoughts. She is a special young woman, so brave to stand up to her parents' sin and yet be so respectful when speaking of them. They ought to be thanking God for such a daughter rather than slashing her on Facebook. 

• 3 weeks later...

Faith posted on her Help Me Prove It Facebook Page. She has just received her social security number and she now has her full legal identity! She plans on creating a college GoFundMe later, if any FJers are interested.

1 hour ago, 16strong said:

Faith posted on her Help Me Prove It Facebook Page. She has just received her social security number and she now has her full legal identity! She plans on creating a college GoFundMe later, if any FJers are interested.

Woo-HOO!!! Congratulations Faith!!

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

Hopefully she can qualify for student aid - however I'm not confident Lisa and James would be willing to help fill out a FAFSA form.

11 minutes ago, Peas n carrots said:

Hopefully she can qualify for student aid - however I'm not confident Lisa and James would be willing to help fill out a FAFSA form.

A school financial aid officer can do a dependency override. That means she'd be treated as an independent student even though she's under 24. It's at the discretion of the school official. It also requires documentation of special circumstances, but Faith now knows more about assembling documentation than the average bear. She could give the school a multi-media presentation pointing out why she should be declared independent!

A school financial aid officer can do a dependency override. That means she'd be treated as an independent student even though she's under 24. It's at the discretion of the school official. It also requires documentation of special circumstances, but Faith now knows more about assembling documentation than the average bear. She could give the school a multi-media presentation pointing out why she should be declared independent!

Good to hear - I'm sure she will get it done!

Did the age change for including parental financial info in recent years? I could have swore the threshold was younger when I was in school - and there were long swaths of time for me when my parents and I weren't talking.

So very glad she has all of her documentation now!!!! Yeah, college.  She may do like many students in Austin and go to Austin Community College (ACC).  Because there are several institutions cranking out Ph.D.s in Austin, who are now unemployed, the quality of instruction at ACC is typically excellent and the tuition is cheap, especially for Austin residents.  Go, Faith! 

Just now, Peas n carrots said:

Good to hear - I'm sure she will get it done!

Did the age change for including parental financial info in recent years? I could have swore the threshold was younger when I was in school - and there were long swaths of time for me when my parents and I weren't talking.

It's been the same for over 20 years, which is when I first encountered federal financial aid issues. But there are other reasons you could have been considered independent. For instance, if you were married, had a child, or were in the military, the 24-year age limit wouldn't apply.

There are two levels of override, though. One treats the student exactly like any other independent student. The other has less stringent rules, but the student can only receive unsubsidized loans, which means no Pell Grants. In Faith's situation, it would depend on whether the school considered she was fleeing an abusive situation or that the parents were just denying information. So it would come down to the definition of "abusive."

So so happy for her!  A bit gobsmacked it took so long, but that was her final hurdle, right?   Wishing her all the success in the world - and that her younger sibs don't have to go through this

I just can't imaging trying to live today without ID. I feel naked without it. There is so much you need ID for. Do the kids walk around with nothing to show who they are or did the parents make up fake cards with their names on it? What happens if there was an accident or they needed emergency care? Even the library wants to see ID before issuing library cards. Then again, the kids do not go anywhere alone or even to the normal places a teen or young adults go. They couldn't get driver's licenses so they couldn't travel without parents...guess that's the point!

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Do we know the circumstances of Hope escaping? Did she get Lisa's blessings like Grace? 

My impression is that the other girls flew the nest with Lisa's blessing. 

And yes, @Chocolatedefrauded,  ID abuse definitely is a form of control, and brutally effective when combined with social isolation. 

Okay I didn't know where else to post these, but since this is Faith's sister, I figured it was relevant to put it here at least.

If you watch the video, you can appreciate her fervor and drive to achieve her dreams of being an "entrepreneur" and an  "artist", and i really don't mean to be hating on her or making fun of her because she really thinks she knows it all and she is so sweet and naive....
I understand not being able to afford college....I'm in $50,000 of debt because of it (!), and i don't think college is the only path to aspire to in furthering yourself, but when she says " i don't think it would have helped me in my entrepreneurship or my marketing skills"???!??!?!???! LOL i'm sorry, but you can go to a community college and take online classes that will teach you ALOT about those exact things......I guess what pisses me off about this is that her brother went to that unaccredited "law school", but she wasn't encouraged to do the same, even if it was a bullshit school?
and she mentions the writing courses she "runs"? for $50 to register? why, so all her instagram 16 year old friends can sign up and receive the immense knowledge and wisdom in writing from Hope Pennington? She's as full of it as her mother.
and LOL sory Hope, but your sister Faith is applying to colleges!!! your world is so so so small and Lisa has shaped your opinions on the world to be so narrow, it's tragic.

Okay i'm done. Check out this video of her "dating her first  boyfriend"....it is.....something else entirely....

i find her maddeningly entertaining, just like Lisa! I can't help myself.

• 5 months later...

It looks like one of the other Pennington daughters is leaving her parents ideas behind. Hope, according to her public facebook page, has become an atheist. She says that her parents and sibling have been amazing about it so maybe they are starting to realize that they can't control their children's lives

Yes! I just saw this.

I still follow the Penningtons pretty regularly, and Lisa made a blog post recently about her eldest daughter Grace's wedding day, mentioning also that her other daughter Faith (Alecia) has lost her boyfriend (suicide).

If you go to Alecia's facebook page, you can see she has posted his obit, really feel for her, breaking free and all she's accomplished, then seeing her and that boy Brandon looking so happy together, i feel for her, especially given all she has gone through in th epast few years, let alone that poor boy and his family and friends :'(

Archived