IGNORED

The Hodnett Family Converting Scotland

Palimpsest

I've read several pages of this thread and I'm scared for Scotland.  Especially for Dundee, where my gran came from many years ago.  Yeah, I know they've moved on, but I can't help but think they've infected a lovely village I've always held close to my heart, even though I've never been there.

From Jody's FB page:

Our family had the opportunity tonight to sit down with an older couple in their home for a cup of coffee and to talk for a while. Please pray for them, they have been greatly hurt by "religion". They also have a neighbor that's a jw. I was told when I entered their home "We're not ready to be converted yet". But somehow, "religion" kept being brought into the discussion by them. I believe these folks are looking for Pure Religion! Pray that God would let us reach this sweet couple for the glory of God! Their names are Cedrick and Irene.

I'm not sure if "jw" means that the neighbor is Jewish or a Jehovah's Witness.  Probably equally bad in Jody's eyes.

FreeCedrick and FreeIrene

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read several pages of this thread and I'm scared for Scotland.  Especially for Dundee, where my gran came from many years ago.  Yeah, I know they've moved on, but I can't help but think they've infected a lovely village I've always held close to my heart, even though I've never been there.
From Jody's FB page:
Our family had the opportunity tonight to sit down with an older couple in their home for a cup of coffee and to talk for a while. Please pray for them, they have been greatly hurt by "religion". They also have a neighbor that's a jw. I was told when I entered their home "We're not ready to be converted yet". But somehow, "religion" kept being brought into the discussion by them. I believe these folks are looking for Pure Religion! Pray that God would let us reach this sweet couple for the glory of God! Their names are Cedrick and Irene.
I'm not sure if "jw" means that the neighbor is Jewish or a Jehovah's Witness.  Probably equally bad in Jody's eyes.
FreeCedrick and FreeIrene

Well Cedrick and Irene probably talked about religion because that is Jody's line of business! Also you don't have to be a believer to find religious interesting. They sound like lovely people and it was a kind gesture to invite Jody to their home.

Poor Ginger, she is having an especially tough transition. It has to be very lonely for her and the kids.

@JMarie your gran is from Dundee? It's starting to feel like a small world on here :)

We're a bit more than a village, over 140,000 people and that's not including the suburbs where I live. We'll be fine, Dundee has a pretty cool attitude to weirdoes, especially the ones that like to preach hatred or try and convert everyone. Last guy who stood up in the town centre waving big banners and shouting about how we were all going to hell got shouted down pretty quick. I think people round here are fairly resistant to ideas like that, he might get a few nutter on board but I think largely he will be ignored.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Folk in Scotland are hard working and friendly.

They won't take any nonsense or flannel though.

I love this saying, Gobsmacked--thanks!    I would just love to be a fly on the wall to see a debate between Jody and the JW neighbors.   Even I lose whatever patience I have with JW's.  (Actually, I lose whatever patience I have with any religious crackpots.)

The only door to door religious peddlers I've had are Jehovah's Witnesses and LDS. My church is part of the monthly wine walk in town. We often get the Best of the Wine Walk award, which is proudly displayed in front of the church.  :wine:

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, unsafetydancer said:

@JMarie your gran is from Dundee? It's starting to feel like a small world on here :)

We're a bit more than a village, over 140,000 people and that's not including the suburbs where I live. We'll be fine, Dundee has a pretty cool attitude to weirdoes, especially the ones that like to preach hatred or try and convert everyone. Last guy who stood up in the town centre waving big banners and shouting about how we were all going to hell got shouted down pretty quick. I think people round here are fairly resistant to ideas like that, he might get a few nutter on board but I think largely he will be ignored.

Yes!  She worked in a yarn factory before coming to the States.  Those argyle sweaters don't make themselves, you know.

@JMarie what was the factory's name? That's really cool. You should visit Dundee sometime, it's really nice just now when they are rebuilding the waterfront. I promise that assholes like the above mentioned guy are not taken seriously here either.

I'm not terribly worried about Scotland, Dundee, or Lockerbie.  I'm sure they can withstand the influx of the Hodnutt.  All have seen much worse.  He is just an amusing blot on the landscape to most Scots.  They are canny. :)

I do feel sad for Ginger and the kids.  Dad's desire for mission glory and the need to live hand to mouth while he grifts funds must be very anxiety provoking and a real pain in the butt.  It isn't easy to be ripped from all you know as a kid (I say that from experience) and being tossed into another country and culture is hard.  Kids are resilient though (speaking as a TCK).  It is harder for the adults.

Poor Ginger.  Was this really what she signed up for ...

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm not terribly worried about Scotland, Dundee, or Lockerbie.  I'm sure they can withstand the influx of the Hodnutt.  All have seen much worse.  He is just an amusing blot on the landscape to most Scots.  They are canny. :)

I do feel sad for Ginger and the kids.  Dad's desire for mission glory and the need to live hand to mouth while he grifts funds must be very anxiety provoking and a real pain in the butt.  It isn't easy to be ripped from all you know as a kid (I say that from experience) and being tossed into another country and culture is hard.  Kids are resilient though (speaking as a TCK).  It is harder for the adults.

Poor Ginger.  Was this really what she signed up for ...

You do have to wonder about these women.  The cult they are in says that men should work by the sweat of their brow, so a lot of women are probably sold a bill of good about their wonderful husbands who will work day and night for them....and then they end up with Jody, Ben, Derrick, John, David....

I wonder what it feels like?

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, unsafetydancer said:

@JMarie what was the factory's name? That's really cool. You should visit Dundee sometime, it's really nice just now when they are rebuilding the waterfront. I promise that assholes like the above mentioned guy are not taken seriously here either.

My aunt visited Scotland in the '90s, and she thought she found where the factory had once been, but wasn't certain.  Gran came here in the 1920s, and I'm guessing there might not have been anyone around who remembered that particular factory. 

Jody has set up his office in the house.

Jody has a flag that he is very fond of.

Jody attended a men's meeting in a cafe in Carlisle (Still in England last time I checked!).

Jody posted photos of food consumed in cafe.

Its windy in Lockerbie.

Jody is an incredibly boring missionary so far.

Here's hoping that Jody becomes more interesting once Ginger has recovered from her elbow injury.

Free Ginger.

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Jody posted photos of food

I'm not sure how many people remember A.A. Milne beyond Pooh but for those who remember When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six:

Happiness

Jody had a
Great Big
Plate of
Fish'n'chips;
Jody had a
Great Big
Bacon Burger
Bun;
Jody had a
Great Big
Mug of
Hot Chocolate --
And that
(Said Jody)
Is
That.

Jody preached at light house baptist church in Carlisle, That's ENGLAND folks, on 15 Jan. Video just up on church Facebook. 

Gingers elbow is better now. Ginger  played the piano, whilst she and Autumn sang. Video up 50 mins ago. I'm presuming from today.  ( Sunday)

The church is going to have a Chinese food night next week. I am beginning to see a theme here Jody!!

Jody, you are grifting to be a missionary to Scotland. You are fibbing big time to your leghumpers.

Tut tut. Not Christian at all, all this fibbing. Living 20 miles over the border just doesn't cut it.

Not to mention but since when did Lockerbie or Carlisle need an American missionary? 

I will never understand the lack of commonsense and awareness and even stupidity of the people who support these lazy travelers who pretend to be doing missionary work in places that have zero need of "missionaries."

34 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Not to mention but since when did Lockerbie or Carlisle need an American missionary? 

I will never understand the lack of commonsense and awareness and even stupidity of the people who support these lazy travelers who pretend to be doing missionary work in places that have zero need of "missionaries."

I know what you mean. A few years ago (3?)  a local boy was killed in a car accident while in the missionary field...in Holland. It made me feel sick - what a waste. He was a nice kid from a very fundamental christian family here in town. I know a car accident can happen anywhere, but something about it felt so wrong. He and his young family were all there bringing their faith to others. From the site Hope4Holland.com, "There are millions of people in Holland that are headed to an eternity without Christ." Really? I'd love to know how the locals feel about this.

Come on Jody, post something on your Facebook page. Tell how well your missionary-ing for Scotland is going in England.

You could be Scotland's very own pet fundie! 

You are missing being the star in your very own show here!!

Speaking of disappearing missionaries, I'm missing the Mauluccis - where are they, in their stretch limo full of maintenance-free children?  We only just got started on them, here at FJ, when they vanished!

A few hours ago Jody posted some photos of him street preaching in Dundee in October of 2016.

His face looks fierce. His size makes him look intimidating (not being unnecessarily body shaming here but it does IMO!) I checked his age. He certainly looks older than his nearly 40 years.

He has an accordion player + others from the church with him. Two people look familiar from his photos of the Light House church from Carlise.

Some of his leg Humpers  appear to think he was preaching recently/ is still in Dundee.

Sorry I'm not technical. Perhaps you could  post them here Lurky? They are on his open Face book, I think that's ok to?

ps. Some one must be reading here. Its a huge coincidence that the photos were posted some time just after I posted about him missionary-ing in England.  :D

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Speaking of disappearing missionaries, I'm missing the Mauluccis - where are they, in their stretch limo full of maintenance-free children?  We only just got started on them, here at FJ, when they vanished!

They really did vanish from the internet.  It must hurt their grifting ability.  Perhaps their leg-humpers didn't like his last blog post in September any more than we did.

26 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

ps. Some one must be reading here. Its a huge coincidence that the photos were posted some time just after I posted about him missionary-ing in England.  :D

Indeed.  And he had to go back to October to find pictures of him "working."

I'm also technically challenged, but note that none of those photos show an audience of susceptible Scots hanging on Jody's every utterance.  They just the group of 5-6 missionaries standing there and people walking right on by in the background. ;)

On 1/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, Coconut Flan said:

My neighborhood had two Mormon missionaries for a year or so.  I'd see them often on their bicycles, wearing dark blue pants and short sleeved white shirts with ties.  They never came by my house, though. 

On 25/01/2017 at 1:03 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Come on Jody, post something on your Facebook page. Tell how well your missionary-ing for Scotland is going in England.

You could be Scotland's very own pet fundie! 

You are missing being the star in your very own show here!!

That would be funny. My home town was featured in a BBC documentary a few years back called reverse missionaries, it had missionaries from Africa doing the opposite of David Livingstone's journey and trying to make his birthplace more Christian they were all nice people from what I heard and they put on a concert and barbecue in the local park for the community, I wish I'd heard about it before I watched it on TV they didn't patronise the people who came and were not forceful like some of the people we snark on.

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

He has an accordion player + others from the church with him

I dunno about having a "church accordion layer."  Being of Polish descent, I usually associate accordions with polkas, never with church stuff. 

Can you imagine having a church band with the following instruments:  accordion, harmonica, washtub, washboard, and saw (thanks for that visual, Rodrigueses)   I think I'd giggle no matter what songs were played.

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

I dunno about having a "church accordion layer."  Being of Polish descent, I usually associate accordions with polkas, never with church stuff. 

Can you imagine having a church band with the following instruments:  accordion, harmonica, washtub, washboard, and saw (thanks for that visual, Rodrigueses)   I think I'd giggle no matter what songs were played.

That might be enough to get me to go to church once to check it out. I can kind of picture Jill taking that on the road. 

5 hours ago, Granwych said:

Love things like this, because I always associate them with different kinds of folk music from the UK and Ireland (in bands, and accompanying things like Morris Dancing) - but especially with bands like Pogues and the Waterboys.

But I've heard really bad accordion playing too, so I can imagine it being a very droning accompaniment to dull hymns, too!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived