IGNORED

Eighteen Batesesss

Destiny

15 hours ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Random off-topic thought. I'm currently watching some BuB out of boredom and I really think Tori looks like Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly. Something about her reminds me of Miranda. Anyone else feel this way?

Yes yes yes!  She really does!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally watched the last two episodes.  I see that they are doing yet another rehash next week.  Sigh.  Carson's bday was cute.  They seem to be talking up the idea of Cherins furniture.  The screaming in the car during the girls' driving lesson was ridiculous.  Send them out with Nathan.  He seems really calm and collected.  

I saw this pic on IG the other day. I know when someone is holding a bigger baby in front of them, they often send their posture backwards, but Alyssa is always so tiny and so aware of her posture that Im curious if she is pregnant.... She seems to have a baby bump just under Allie's leg? I just learned the other day that her IG is no longer active as well?!

ETA my deepest apologies if this has already been discussed. *blush* I looked around a bit but didn't see any threads about this, though I tend to frequent the Duggarland more than Batesville.

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 8.22.28 PM.png

On 8/29/2016 at 8:01 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I have a picture of myself in bikini one week after having my second kid and I'm almost flat. Kaci is 2 months old, it's absolutely normal that Whitney is thin. Yes, having a round tummy would also be normal. But no way being flat means she's fasting or working out too much.

WHOA.

How in the ever loving eff did you pull that off?! Because IIRC I was still bleeding like no body's business for well over a week after my daughter's birth! Heck, I was still using the big hospital ice packs a week later. Ain't no way I was stuffing a pad (or the mangled mess that was my lady bits)  in a bikini, haha!

People have suspected that she was pregnant before Alyssa stop being on social media because the way she was holding her daughter. But, her daughter is 1 year now and no baby bump. 

So can you tell me when this pic was taken? I haven't followed them quite as closely as the Duggars. Allie *appears* to be around one here...? (Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get a handle on all this stuff, lol)

I've had a theory that Alyssa left IG because she knew she would get backlash from people when she turned up pregnant because people were thinking she was actively preventing more babies right now.

If she is or if she isn't, I hope everything is ok!

11 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I've had a theory that Alyssa left IG because she knew she would get backlash from people when she turned up pregnant because people were thinking she was actively preventing more babies right now.

If she is or if she isn't, I hope everything is ok!

It's possible. I honestly think she left simply because the criticisms - fair and unfair - were too much for her to deal with. As is her right. Some of the comments about Allie Jane were terrible and no parent should have to tolerate that shit. 

13 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

So can you tell me when this pic was taken? I haven't followed them quite as closely as the Duggars. Allie *appears* to be around one here...? (Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get a handle on all this stuff, lol)

It's likely a photo taken from the trip Kelly mentioned in the caption. Best guess would be Memorial Day - I'm guessing that mostly because the Websters coordinated their clothing in flag colors. Or it could be a photo from Fourth of July Alyssa shared with her family too.

Yeah, Alyssa seemed very upset about the comments. If she waits until Allie is around two for another child, I'll be happy she gave herself time.

as stated in my initial response to her shutting down her public IG:

i definitely do not think the eventual pregnancy and subsequent backlash is the sole reason why she shut it down, but may have played a part in her action. i have hope for alyssa, always have (and been hand slapped everytime, HA!), but it is unrealistic to think she's not going to have any more babies in the next few years, whether it reflects on her religious convictions doesn't have too much bearing because most young married couples will have their second child within 3 years of their first.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

as stated in my initial response to her shutting down her public IG:

i definitely do not think the eventual pregnancy and subsequent backlash is the sole reason why she shut it down, but may have played a part in her action. i have hope for alyssa, always have (and been hand slapped everytime, HA!), but it is unrealistic to think she's not going to have any more babies in the next few years, whether it reflects on her religious convictions doesn't have too much bearing because most young married couples will have their second child within 3 years of their first.

... I'm a bit confused by your response. I didn't say anything about her not having more kids in the next few years or anything like that. Just that I think it's more likely that the main reason she stopped posting publicly was because there were a lot of people being rude about her parenting or beliefs or her child. Which is understandable. I'd probably feel protective in her shoes too. 

(If your comment wasn't in response to mine, then feel free to ignore this. Lol!)

On 10/9/2016 at 2:43 AM, FlamingFundie said:

WHOA.

How in the ever loving eff did you pull that off?! Because IIRC I was still bleeding like no body's business for well over a week after my daughter's birth! Heck, I was still using the big hospital ice packs a week later. Ain't no way I was stuffing a pad (or the mangled mess that was my lady bits)  in a bikini, haha!

Hahaha I just wore the bikini to take the picture. I wanted the before and after birth pictures. 

8 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

it wasn't a response to yours, but rather a general comment triggered by the one above mine.

Gotcha! Sorry for the confusion and thanks for clarifying for me! :pb_smile:

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Hahaha I just wore the bikini to take the picture. I wanted the before and after birth pictures. 

Doesn't matter. Still impressive. :pb_lol:

On 10/09/2016 at 4:22 PM, VelociRapture said:

It's possible. I honestly think she left simply because the criticisms - fair and unfair - were too much for her to deal with. As is her right. Some of the comments about Allie Jane were terrible and no parent should have to tolerate that shit. 

It's likely a photo taken from the trip Kelly mentioned in the caption. Best guess would be Memorial Day - I'm guessing that mostly because the Websters coordinated their clothing in flag colors. Or it could be a photo from Fourth of July Alyssa shared with her family too.

I tend not to read the comments on fundies' IGs (I don't have the stomach for all that leg-humping!), so I've never seen these comments, but who the fuck makes cruel comments about a BABY?! smh

There are recent pictures of Alyssa in Bates IG and no big tummy. Anyway, if she got pregnant during last summer, the age gap between her children will be at least 24 months, which is a bit more spaced than the 13-20 months gap Bates are used to.

Lawson, Carlin and Trace did a Instagram video on Friday (or early Sat) predicting Tennessee would beat Virginia Tech at the Battle of Bristol.  Carlin's skirt was above her knees which I was shocked to see.  Toward the end, she got a little animated and the gap even widened.  (Pic 2)   Just think of all the fundy guys around her age that saw this!  Gil probably said,  "Lets get some interest in Carlin going.  Its time for her to find a man."      I took a couple of screencaps.  Skirts are so modest. 

Batesesknee1.png

Batesesknee2.png

On 9/5/2016 at 9:10 PM, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Random off-topic thought. I'm currently watching some BuB out of boredom and I really think Tori looks like Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly. Something about her reminds me of Miranda. Anyone else feel this way?

I could see it.  Watching the Bates watch their old episodes from the couch was interesting. Tori has really changed a huge amount since Alyssa's pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, doubleT said:

Lawson, Carlin and Trace did a Instagram video on Friday (or early Sat) predicting Tennessee would beat Virginia Tech at the Battle of Bristol.  Carlin's skirt was above her knees which I was shocked to see.  Toward the end, she got a little animated and the gap even widened.  (Pic 2)   Just think of all the fundy guys around her age that saw this!  Gil probably said,  "Lets get some interest in Carlin going.  Its time for her to find a man."      I took a couple of screencaps.  Skirts are so modest. 

Ok. So. I thought I could let this go, but I just can't. Why in the WORLD do you think this post is ok? You took screenshots of a 18yo girl who was having fun, and talking about football, and make it into something it isn't. She's barely more than a child who was dressed perfectly appropriately even by her family's standards, and I'm very disturbed to hear a member of FJ sexualising something innocent. 

This is the kind of crap that feeds into the purity culture and shame that these girls are made to feel. Look, someone on the internet thought my legs were inappropriate, so clearly I need to wear longer skirts, or repent, or feel like I did something wrong. That's the crap these women are taught. If Carlin saw this post, she would probably be deeply embarrassed and probably feel like she had committed some sin, no matter how innocently. As women, we should not, in my opinion, be helping to propagate those standards, even in jest.

I know we exist to snark, but snarking without feeding into the purity modestly bullshit these girls are taught is awesome.

Ummmm, because the Bateses make a HUGE issue out of this on their show all the time.   Geeesh.  I wouldn't even look twice if it wasn't them.   Where the heck did my snark board go. 

I was just shocked to see how high cut her skirt was quite frankly.   But whatever. 

Glad you spoke up since it bothered you.    If the mods find it inappropriate, they can delete it. 

ETA: I took screencaps so that I could show what I was posting about. 

16 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Ummmm, because the Bateses make a HUGE issue out of this on their show all the time.   Geeesh.  I wouldn't even look twice if it wasn't them.   Where the heck did my snark board go. 

I was just shocked to see how high cut her skirt was quite frankly.   But whatever. 

Glad you spoke up since it bothered you.    If the mods find it inappropriate, they can delete it. 

ETA: I took screencaps so that I could show what I was posting about. 

I'm very aware I could have deleted it. I did not do so because while it's gross, it doesn't actually violate any of our rules. That said, I think it's gross, and I'm within my rights as a poster to comment on something I think is gross. 

My point is that we shouldn't be judging other women by how long or short their skirt is. By doing so, and taking screen caps to point it out, we are propagating purity culture. We should be better than that. Just because their family runs around brainwashing their kids into purity culture doesn't mean that we shouldn't be the better people and avoid posting the equivalent of OMG HER SKIRT WAS TOO SHORT WHAT A SLUT, especially when the girl in question is barely more than a child.

2 hours ago, doubleT said:

Batesesknee1.png

Batesesknee2.png

Good grief!  With your overly dramatic build up I had expected a crotch shot Paris Hilton style.

But no.  Just two almost identical screen shots of Carlin's knees.  Why would you need to do that?

Seriously.  We all know the Bateses are dressing more modern modest these days.  Knees are nothing special in Bates-land.  

Calm down.

33 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Nasty stuff that isn't against the rules isn't deleted here - you have to own tackiness in perpetuity.

It is always a good idea to know when you are talking to a moderator, Admin (or Helpmeet as they are known here.)  It is also a good idea to read the TOU and Guidelines.

FJ tries not to have many rules.  FJ has always allowed Admins and Mods (Helpmeets) and regular members to tell people they stink even when they are not breaking the few rules.

Your over-dramatic reaction to Carlin's knees, your lack of knowledge,  and your inability to recognize the norms of FJ really stink.  Just saying,

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived