IGNORED

Eighteen Batesesss

Destiny

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BeccaGrim said:

I thought the same thing. How is she already looking like she didn't have a baby? 

Some women bounce back quickly.  With my first I gained 29 lbs and by end of the first week I was down 26 and wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans.  I thought it would be that easy each time...was I wrong.  The other pregnancies schooled me how not effortless it was to get back to normal - even though I never gained more than 35 lbs and that was during my 15 month pregnancy.

My mom always bemoaned the fact that with each pregnancy she wanted to keep 10 lbs or so but the weight fell off immediately no matter what she did (naturally extremely thin despite eating whatever she wanted whenever she wanted including mind boggling amounts of total crap.  I really do resent being the only one of her kids who didn't get the effortlessly skinny metabolism.  The hell?!)

She also didn't give me her thick gorgeous hair, beauty, or sunny disposition.  I did, however, inherent her cavity prone tooth enamel, goofy attention span, and ridiculously high instep which makes it near impossible to buy cute boots.  Thanks, Mom!

sorry..I digress.  But Whitney is really young and her babies weren't back to back so bouncing back that fast isn't surprising to me.

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Some women bounce back quickly.  With my first I gained 29 lbs and by end of the first week I was down 26 and wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans.  I thought it would be that easy each time...was I wrong.  The other pregnancies schooled me how not effortless it was to get back to normal - even though I never gained more than 35 lbs and that was during my 15 month pregnancy.

My mom always bemoaned the fact that with each pregnancy she wanted to keep 10 lbs or so but the weight fell off immediately no matter what she did (naturally extremely thin despite eating whatever she wanted whenever she wanted including mind boggling amounts of total crap.  I really do resent being the only one of her kids who didn't get the effortlessly skinny metabolism.  The hell?!)

She also didn't give me her thick gorgeous hair, beauty, or sunny disposition.  I did, however, inherent her cavity prone tooth enamel, goofy attention span, and ridiculously high instep which makes it near impossible to buy cute boots.  Thanks, Mom!

sorry..I digress.  But Whitney is really young and her babies weren't back to back so bouncing back that fast isn't surprising to me.

Had almost the same experience as you. First one, I literally seemed to deflate the second my water  broke. Back to pre-pregnancy immediately.  Second one? Oh no that did not happen and the third was even worse. 

8 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Had almost the same experience as you. First one, I literally seemed to deflate the second my water  broke. Back to pre-pregnancy immediately.  Second one? Oh no that did not happen and the third was even worse. 

Are you me? :) 

if you don't mind my asking what was your span between pregnancies?  For me kids 1 and 2 are a little over two years apart (early miscarriage in between), and kids 2 and 3 are not quite two years apart (late miscarriage in between) so I always thought maybe being almost continually pregnant (5x in about 5 years felt continual anyway) was why it was harder to bounce back.  Like my body was saying, eh...keep the fat cells...save them for the next kid.  She should be starting another one any minute now. :)

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Are you me? :) 

if you don't mind my asking what was your span between pregnancies?  For me kids 1 and 2 are a little over two years apart (early miscarriage in between), and kids 2 and 3 are not quite two years apart (late miscarriage in between) so I always thought maybe being almost continually pregnant (5x in about 5 years felt continual anyway) was why it was harder to bounce back.  Like my body was saying, eh...keep the fat cells...save them for the next kid.  She should be starting another one any minute now. :)

24 months in between each of them.  I didn't have any pregnancies in between but they're all exactly 24 months apart.  I always thought that too. "We'll just hold onto the mommy store..."

16 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

24 months in between each of them.  I didn't have any pregnancies in between but they're all exactly 24 months apart.  I always thought that too. "We'll just hold onto the mommy store..."

Having them so close together sounded like such s good idea at the time!   I loved having littles ....But when it was 3 in braces one after the other and overlapping, years of 3 in ccd, and little league, cross country, track, cheerleading, basketball, music lessons, art shows, athletic banquets all different and at the same time...then driving one after the other (and the car insurance increases not to mention them needing something to drive), 3 needing their wisdom teeth out I thin months of each other, and of course now 3 in college at the same time...

I wouldn't change a thing as I have the perfect family for me but have to say I would have appreciated a little time to financially regroup between them!

If they all marry at the same time they'd better elope...I don't have 19 but financially it can sure seem like it at times!

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Having them so close together sounded like such s good idea at the time!   I loved having littles ....But when it was 3 in braces one after the other and overlapping, years of 3 in ccd, and little league, cross country, track, cheerleading, basketball, music lessons, art shows, athletic banquets all different and at the same time...then driving one after the other (and the car insurance increases not to mention them needing something to drive), 3 needing their wisdom teeth out I thin months of each other, and of course now 3 in college at the same time...

I wouldn't change a thing as I have the perfect family for me but have to say I would have appreciated a little time to financially regroup between them!

If they all marry at the same time they'd better elope...I don't have 19 but financially it can sure seem like it at times!

I hear you. We're not quite there yet. (I had all boys so the wedding isn't on me.) But they're 7, 9, and 11.  Its a lot of 'stuff' now

Whitney is young and on television. She and Zach seem to have been working out. Hopefully she didn't feel pressured to get thin quick just because she is on TV. I hate when mom's feel like they have to be in their pre-pregnancy pants the second they walk out the hospital. Not saying that is what happened. She could be blessed with great genetics (as mentioned above). I noticed Erin looked pretty good after having Brooklyn too.

I don't think she is using any band or corset or something like that, they tend to show through fabric and I see nothing indicating she has one on. She may have a tank top with some control function but I would guess it is all natural. I have not bounced back quite as fast as Whitney but I definitely have good genes in this respect. My son turned 1 month today and I am minus 8 kilos from my pre-pregnancy weight and I only have slightly pouting stomach with no exercise beyond walking and no dieting. It is not youth either, I am 34.

I have a picture of myself in bikini one week after having my second kid and I'm almost flat. Kaci is 2 months old, it's absolutely normal that Whitney is thin. Yes, having a round tummy would also be normal. But no way being flat means she's fasting or working out too much.

One week after giving birth I was thinner than I was pre-pregnancy.  Sadly I was such a mess otherwise that I couldn't even enjoy it - LOL

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I have a picture of myself in bikini one week after having my second kid and I'm almost flat. Kaci is 2 months old, it's absolutely normal that Whitney is thin. Yes, having a round tummy would also be normal. But no way being flat means she's fasting or working out too much.

Uhh, no one even suggested she was fasting or working out too much. Just that she bounces back quickly.

After baby #1, it was about a year before I looked "normal" again. With baby #2 I was back in all my clothes a week later. I'm still working on the baby fat after baby #3...and he's 26. 

In reality, I developed gall bladder problems while pregnant with him. 10 months after he was born I had a hysterectomy, and have seriously struggled with weight since then. I now gain without eating. I know there's something wrong but the problem is getting a doctor to get off the whole "exercise and watch what you eat" thing. 

I laught at Kelly's IG post about Nathan's birthday. Basically she's saying he's a good slave. That poor boy, he and Trace both seem not very smart and probably it's good for Kelly and Gil working force needs.

I am hoping someone with more hunting knowledge that I can tell me what kind of wildlife his handgun is for.  The landscape looks like Alaska:

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I laught at Kelly's IG post about Nathan's birthday. Basically she's saying he's a good slave. That poor boy, he and Trace both seem not very smart and probably it's good for Kelly and Gil working force needs.

I can't laugh at it. I don't find purposely under educating your children so you can keep treating them like slaves very funny.

I will laugh at all! The! Exclamation! Points! that Kelly uses though. Simply because I was an English major and it offends me to see punctuation abused so horribly. :pb_lol:

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I will laugh at all! The! Exclamation! Points! that Kelly uses though. Simply because I was an English major and it offends me to see punctuation abused so horribly. :pb_lol:

Since "You always have such good counsel" is the only sentence that doesn't end with an exclamation point, I can only assume that his counsel isn't all that great after all. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I can't laugh at it. I don't find purposely under educating your children so you can keep treating them like slaves very funny.

So we can blame Kelly for Michaela's exclamation mark habit. 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am hoping someone with more hunting knowledge that I can tell me what kind of wildlife his handgun is for.  The landscape looks like Alaska:

You do any job needed to be done- even the impossible ones or the dirty ones! :pb_lol: He's the fundie version of Dirty Harry

The exclamation points make me crazy too. I have a relative who overused exclamation points in her mother's obituary. It began "Name went to be with the Lord on Saturday!" And ended with something like, "We will see her again!" The deceased wasn't even religious, but her daughter who penned the obituary is a bit of a born again nut. This was at least one instance in which punctuation caused family drama. Fortunately for the Bates, they all seem to be on the same page when it comes to exclamation points.

35 minutes ago, Kak said:

So we can blame Kelly for Michaela's exclamation mark habit. 

I'm going to go ahead and just blame Kelly and Gil for pretty much everything. Even stuff not related to their kids or IBLP at all.

- Rain on your wedding day? Thanks Kelly and Gil.

- Free ride when you've already paid? Thanks Kelly and Gil.

- Good advice that you just didn't take? Thanks Kelly and Gil.

Its like the Fundie version of "Thanks Obama." :pb_lol:

Hey maidens!! My godly son is on the market again!  Look at those arms!! Wouldn't you like him to righteously fulfill your desires??!!

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Probably snakes. My husband wears one when he is hiking.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived