IGNORED

Monster High Dolls promote DEMONS!!!

FJismyheadship

Facebook.com/jessica.loewen.58

This woman is nuts.

She posted about Monster High dolls bringing in demons and promoting genetic cross breeding and the "transhuman agenda"

So it took off and she declared that it was becauseJesus was trying to show the Truth or something like that. And she's been sharing messages from pepole and I think some of them are satrical and she can't see it.

Anyway, her page is public so I went back and see she believes vaccines are bad, yoga brings in demons, homosexuality is bad, and finally that the earth is flat.

She's certified. 

I'm sharing because snark and fundyism

Transhuman agenda? One could argue that people have been using technology to modify themselves since the days of glass eyes and wooden legs. I'm agnostic myself on transhumanism, simply because some of the more extreme ideas seem impossible to achieve any time soon, given our current levels of technology. But if Monster High was really promoting "the transhuman agenda," I think I'd be a lot more interested in it. I think some fundies just have to be against anything popular, no matter how innocuous, because they think everyone should just do religious stuff all day and not do anything fun or imaginative.

It's always about anything popular. When I was a kid it was Tamagotchis are demons! Pokemon encourages demon possession! Harry Potter is about witchcraft and Satan! When my mother was a kid, it was D&D and (according to some people in her church) pet rocks. Pet rocks are demonic if you're determined enough to see demons in everything.

Complaining about the next generation being lazy and popular culture being evil is probably the world's oldest hobby.

The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Do kids even still play with Monster High dolls? 

This reminds me of the terror over Cabbage Patch Kids. My mom and dad got me some when I was little (that's back when they were HUGE), and then the hysteria went down over how they were demon-possessed, and I was genuinely afraid that my parents were going to make me get rid of them. They didn't, but a lot of my friends did lose their dolls over that nonsense. 

It's sad how they don't even realize how utterly abusive this nonsense is.

@lawfulevil,  at least one of my daughters had a Tamagotchi.  I clearly remember having to take care of it while she was in school.  The kids couldn't take them to school because they were distracting and not because they were demonic.

I don't remember the cabbage patch thing.  I grew up in the '80's and had tons of those things.  I think my parents were athiests by that point, so maybe that's why I don't remember the big stink over them.

But anyway.  What is with the toy/demon possession nonsense?  Do these people have nothing better to do than make up absolute shit?   I mean, come the f on.  Your crazy is showing, might want to tuck it back in.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

This reminds me of the terror over Cabbage Patch Kids. My mom and dad got me some when I was little (that's back when they were HUGE), and then the hysteria went down over how they were demon-possessed, and I was genuinely afraid that my parents were going to make me get rid of them. They didn't, but a lot of my friends did lose their dolls over that nonsense. 

It's sad how they don't even realize how utterly abusive this nonsense is.

And even without the "demon-possession" angle, there was "You can adopt dolls but kill babies--what's wrong with this picture?"

1 hour ago, klynn said:

I don't remember the cabbage patch thing.  I grew up in the '80's and had tons of those things.  I think my parents were athiests by that point, so maybe that's why I don't remember the big stink over them.

But anyway.  What is with the toy/demon possession nonsense?  Do these people have nothing better to do than make up absolute shit?   I mean, come the f on.  Your crazy is showing, might want to tuck it back in.

I think the big stink was primarily in the fundy world, and since there was no Internet at that time (not per se), normal human beings might not have even known it was going on, lol. 

I think the dolls are very unattractive, but demons? Nah. They're just ugly. People are really grasping at straws for demons. I'm sure the Winchester brothers would have a big laugh over it. 

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I think the dolls are very unattractive, but demons? Nah. They're just ugly. People are really grasping at straws for demons. I'm sure the Winchester brothers would have a big laugh over it. 

Right?  I think they're kinda sketchy looking, and age inappropriate for my 4.5 year old.  But demons?  Nah.

11 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

Complaining about the next generation being lazy and popular culture being evil is probably the world's oldest hobby.

Yup. From  A Little Book for Children and Youth (subtitled Being Good Counsel and Instructions for Your Children, Earnestly Exhorting Them to Resist the Temptation of the Devil...), written in 1695:

... I find by sad Experience how the Towns and Streets are filled with lewd wicked Children, and many Children as they have played about the Streets have been heard to curse and swear and call one another Nick-names, and it would grieve ones Heart to hear what bawdy and filthy Communications proceeds from the Mouths of such...

From The Wise-Man's Forecast against the Evill Time, written in 1624:

Youth were never more sawcie, yea never more savagely saucie . . . the ancient are scorned, the honourable are contemned, the magistrate is not dreaded.

And in 20 BC, Horace wrote:

Our sires' age was worse than our grandsires'. We, their sons, are more
worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more
corrupt.

More of these at http://mentalfloss.com/article/52209/15-historical-complaints-about-young-people-ruining-everything.

55 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Aaaaaaand her FB profile is unavailable....

I was just able to look at it. She's spewing "facts" about vaccinations now.

Fundies complaining about what's popular and trying to claim that _____ is demon possessed is nothing new. In one of the Maxwells' earliest Mom's Corners, regarding Christmas presents, Teri said that she and Steve would get the kids Lego sets, but none with a fad theme-- like Star Wars. When was the last time a huge, long lived franchise like Star Wars was considered a fad?

She's a "Christian Truther". Thank God she clarified that, for a moment there I just thought she was an insane fundie lady living on a farm...

Yes, Monster High promotes demons.  The demons of "How did we get 20 dolls" and its subset, "Dolls keep losing their hands".  My 10 year old loves them, and I have to admit I enjoy the show as well.

11 hours ago, polecat said:

This reminds me of the terror over Cabbage Patch Kids. My mom and dad got me some when I was little (that's back when they were HUGE), and then the hysteria went down over how they were demon-possessed, 

Aw Cabbage Patch dolls were my absolute favourite. I was so desperate for one (Cant remember why I Wasnt allowed it) that I was beside myself when they made a come back about 10yrs ago.

I offered to buy #2 one, but unfortunately she was, and still is, of the belief that all dolls are evil and possessed. 

She was also of the belief that beautiful doll's prams work wonderfully as wheelbarrows to cart mud around the garden, so I guess I was fighting a losing battle from the start. 

I like monster high dolls. 

Oh, dear God... She also believes in Chemtrails! AND the Illuminati/Freemason agenda! AND the moon landing was a hoax! lol

Damn that transhuman agenda. If we give them the little finger, the next thing you know, mermaids and werewolves will all be demanding their civil rights, and then what will become of us?

Okay, I found her page and read a lot.  And a lot more.  And now my head hurts.  Why is she so obsessed with American stuff (NASA, vaccination schedules, NASA again) when she lives in Canada?  And how does she explain the idea of a day, the earth rotating towards and away from the sun if the earth isn't rotating?  Scary to know she's a college graduate.

If she was merely spewing her nonsense into the ether, I could just write her off as Yet Another Nutcase, but she has over 800 friends, many of whom seem to agree with her. That's scary stuff.

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Okay, I found her page and read a lot.  And a lot more.  And now my head hurts.  Why is she so obsessed with American stuff (NASA, vaccination schedules, NASA again) when she lives in Canada?  And how does she explain the idea of a day, the earth rotating towards and away from the sun if the earth isn't rotating?  Scary to know she's a college graduate.

The sun revolves around the Earth silly! The entire universe revolves around the Earth and that's how we know God is real and loves us!

Archived