IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

My mom (hate?) watches the show as well. I asked her tonight, "Did you see the new episode?"  The look on her face really said it all. She looked so annoyed. She thought it was super dull. And the baby proofing, or lack thereof, really bugged her. "Did you see the cord to the blinds right over the crib?!?"  Um...yeah. These people are morons.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently watching it with my ugandan born cousin and she is cringing. When Edi?( Apologize greatly for not getting her name right) showed up at their house with a dashiki styled dress (which isn't really a thing in the majority of uganda) and was just like oh lord whyy! We both though did give amazing props for maintenance of her hair.

But yeah obviously this adoption thing isn't really going to happen with this new addition coming soon..

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I wonder if the other " counter" is Joseph, since they asked both JD and Josiah?

Josh, courting trouble again?

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, Snarkylark said:

A couple things I noticed- good for Jessa for having Spurge on the floor in that Bumbo seat. 

Was Jill really feeding Izzy out of that huge tub of mush? So gross as the saliva from the spoon starts breaking it down, especially if they put it right back in the fridge and reuse it later. Yuck! 

Did anyone catch Michelle prompting the little ones on their line that Jessa was "upstairs?" Check it out! 

I think there is chemistry between Jer and Jing but it's just so awkward to watch. She really seems infatuated with him. 

Maybe there wasn't a smaller bowl available, the water was out for 3 days. As for the Jinger/ Jeremy chemistry... She seems like a 12 year old with a crush, "I'm completely in love!" and he seems frustrated he can't kiss her. Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

Maybe there wasn't a smaller bowl available, the water was out for 3 days. As for the Jinger/ Jeremy chemistry... She seems like a 12 year old with a crush, "I'm completely in love!" and he seems frustrated he can't kiss her. Just my opinion.

Yeah, but it looked the the bowl had been used for a while. 

We all know how the Duggars love their paper and foam products! Throw it in a foam cup for Pete's sake! Lol

Ratings are in!

COUNTING ON TLC 8:00 PM 1,194  0.3

It cracked the top 100, but thats not a smashing number for a premier.  I bet it drops like a rock.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/08/24/tuesday-cable-ratings-august-23-2016/

On Monday, TLC had another show in the top 100 - 90 day fiance

90 DAY FIANCE   TLC   8:00 PM   841  0.3

Lower numbers, but also a 0.3 and in the same time slot.  If I had to guess this show brings in  A LOT more ad revenue than the Duggars.

Props to @Buzzard for another recap that is far more entertaining than the show!

It was particularly dull for a season premier, but I did really like to see Jinger and Jeremy looking so comfortable on the bench together. At first I thought wow, Jeremy gets to take Jinger outside to talk without a chaperone? Then I realized they had an audience. The little girls in the window right behind Jinger and Jeremy was funny and I wish the cameras played to that more.

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Ratings are in!

COUNTING ON TLC 8:00 PM 1,194  0.3

It cracked the top 100, but thats not a smashing number for a premier.  I bet it drops like a rock.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/08/24/tuesday-cable-ratings-august-23-2016/

On Monday, TLC had another show in the top 100 - 90 day fiance

90 DAY FIANCE   TLC   8:00 PM   841  0.3

Lower numbers, but also a 0.3 and in the same time slot.  If I had to guess this show brings in  A LOT more ad revenue than the Duggars.

It took me a minute to find it. I saw Ink Master on there, and got sidetracked, because I didn't know the new season had started.

13 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

I also feel bad for jill - I agree with what others have said above - something must have happened to make her suddenly terrified to take izzy out of the house. I don't think it's just zika. 

It may not have been anything truly frightening or dangerous.  Perhaps someone told her to go to hell when she tried to convert them.  That would have shocked her to the core.

I certainly don't think either Derrick or Jill are enjoying missionary life, Zika aside.  I predict that they won't go back to CA.  But they have such a heart for missions.  

Perhaps they will go to convert the heathen Catholics of Montréal next. No, they won't be able to use their Spanglish there.  

Majorca?  No, the flight time will be too long for them to hop back and family to visit at the drop of a hat.  

Milford, MA?  Much better.  They will become Missionaries to Milford to convert the Catholics and Spanish speakers there. 

10 hours ago, Purrl said:

Whoever the other "courter" is, I just hope it's not Joy. I'd like to see JD find a nice, cute, spunky girl to loosen him up a bit.

How do we know there's another courter?

@nst I submit a guess that they are Earth's best sensitive wipes. The colors match up on the packaging. Blurred due to being a brand and advertising legalities. Kind of a boring thing to have been blurred compared to the possibilities, but when someone said wipes, I saw the outline better, and agree - yeah, wipes. 

Actually now that I've seen the picture, I think they're those nose wipes for kids and babies. I watch a friend's boys now and then and we always have them around. IMG_3390.JPG.b2e1cae60710e674c865101ed3a

On 8/23/2016 at 8:17 PM, holierthanyou said:

Canadian TLC Commercials shown at first break (for those interested in boycotting or emailing):

-TLCme.com (a good sign they don't have enough advertisers)

-The Wild Life movie promo for September 9th

-Act Kids (mouthwash)

-Taco Bell

-Trivago (travel website)

-TheRecoveryVillage.com (Rehab... that's pretty rich, given Josh's situation)

-Aspercreme

-Bridget Jones' Baby movie promo

-Bell Canada

-CanadainaDay.ca

-TLC promo for Counting On

-TLC promo for Toddlers and Tiaras

-TLC promo for Cake Boss

Like the time they supposedly had birth control commercial in the line up.

On 8/23/2016 at 8:41 PM, TheSilverTongue said:

Does it strike anyone as a little weird that they dress Noel (the adopted child) in traditionally African clothing and not their white child? It's an adorable dress though. 

To prove they respect her "culture...." yeah. I'm all over that.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

It may not have been anything truly frightening or dangerous.  Perhaps someone told her to go to hell when she tried to convert them.  That would have shocked her to the core.

I certainly don't think either Derrick or Jill are enjoying missionary life, Zika aside.  I predict that they won't go back to CA.  But they have such a heart for missions.  

Perhaps they will go to convert the heathen Catholics of Montréal next. No, they won't be able to use their Spanglish there.  

Majorca?  No, the flight time will be too long for them to hop back and family to visit at the drop of a hat.  

Milford, MA?  Much better.  They will become Missionaries to Milford to convert the Catholics and Spanish speakers there. 

I have a classmate who is trying to go to New Zealand to be a missionary. (:pb_rollseyes:) It's far away, but not scary. Imagine the plot lines! 

On 8/23/2016 at 8:54 PM, snarkysuki1724 said:

What do y'all think of Jeremy.??  He seems so MANLY to me, and Jinger seems so much younger, maybe not necessarily in years, but just in general.  

Since she's never been with anyone not raised in the cult, never been on a date, never hung with people in college or ....yeah, much younger. Like stunted.

On 8/23/2016 at 9:02 PM, Buzzard said:

Counting on - Part 4 - Boob negotiates a sale to save his livelihood

Jinger tells us that her "friend" jeremy is coming from texas to visit.  Its POURING.

She heard his name a lot because Bin and Jessa were friend iwth him. 

Boob and Jeremy sidehug at the airport (boob is awkwardly out of the car to greet him... at the airport... in the rain?) They get in the car

Jinger tells us that he has  a "neat"background and left the soccer career to be a pastor.  She first noticed him on a misisons trip in CA and remember "conneting" wtih him.

Jessa says she watched them talk and interact... Derick thought maybe it was nothing... but maybe not.

At the coffee shop (not raining) they walk in and order snacks?

Jinger TH - she has too much to say about how she likes him

JD - Jinger isnt on the same planet as most of us

Jana - now she doesnt lose her phone

Bin - she's got a condition

Jana - she's in love

Boob tells jeremy that Jinger is waiting for her.

Jeremy - its been a blessing getting to know jinger and your family- Wants to opportunity to court her.  

Boob pretends to be shocked and looks down.

Flashback to bin asking permission

Boob  = this is a big step.  Its an evaluation period for considering eachother for marriage.

Bin - I think he's nervous but he's thinking that he'd rather ask and get turned down than not ask at all

Boob - Jinger thinks a lot of you.  Michelle and I have discussed this - is this the guy?  We give our blessing for you to court jinger.

They shake hands.

Jeremy - I cant thank you enough.  Words cant express the gratitude I have for you and Mrs. Duggar.  I cant wait to talk to jinger.

Boob - I hope she says yes.

Jinger - I thought they'd be back in an hour.  I was excited... 2 hours passed... then more hours... "where is my guy?"

They walk in.  Michelle coos.  Mac? is on the counter. Howler holds mer.

Jinger comes downstairs.  They sidefug.  He gives her flowers... in a coffee cup.  They missed eachother.  

Jeremy asks her to step outside... they sit on the church bench outside. He says that he talked to boob... blah blah privilege to get to know you... Its so clear that everythingI saw from afar is true and so much more about you. I've asked the lord that he would give me a woman who has a heart for serivce and the lord and the gospel and I've seen that in you and I want to ask you if you would take that step foward iwth me. 

Jinger is completely in love

They sidehug.  Littles jump inside.

Two outside dogs hang next to them... its pours.

A police car is int he driveway.

Jinger says she loes him and they side snuggle.

They come back inside and Jinger tells them they're courting.  Michelle screams "congratulations."

Next to the light switch at the front door is a sign that says "DISCRETION vs simple mindedness- the ability to avoid words, actions, and attitdes which could result in unfavorable consequences"  I cant read the bottom lines, but possibly proverbs.

Jeremy and jinger say "I like you" to eachother...

Next week...

they want to fast track... so they race cars!

Survival school!

Spurge does musak and bin plays with more african americans.

Joy flies

Jeremy surprises jinger with nachos

The engagement... 

I believe the discretion thing is a Character Quality--that's the focus of the cult and the Wisdom Booklets

14 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Mr. Butts take on the show last nite? "All those kids need to get laid and Jeremy should have said I love you then kissed her long and hard or.....never mind." BTW, he hates the show. But he suffers through it for me.

As for Mr. Museum, he comes out into the kitchen to grab a snack, looks at the TV and says, "You watching that child molester family again?"

Then, he goes back to his little mancave to play more "Heroes of the Storm" on his computer. It's a riveting night at the Creation Museum house.

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Josh, courting trouble again?

1. Bin and Jessa were two horney kids with no need to get married and in no way ready to have kids. Add to that him being pulled around by the dick er " tie" by JB as his job you get a whole lot of unhappy. Plus they didn't get to move into the mansion will Derrick and Jill left. And, Jessa has never been ALONE in her life. Now she's alone all day. She's been off the farm, traveled, seen something of the world and SHOCK, she's bored you-know-what-less caring  for her baby just like lots of NORMAL college-educated Moms. She's so young and probably now freely watches tv and freely surfs and knows what she's missing. Ben didn't get a better acting offer and is stuck being a redneck handyman.

2. Jessa--I went thru major depression about half way thru my Peace Corps service and I didn't have a little one to care for a or fear getting pregnant with Zika. I give her a pass. It isn't the safest place on Earth, she is a target--who doesn't know her family has MONEY??  I think she could safely go thru normal daily activities in the community, but remember--they welcome ANYONE who comes to the door. Something really scary (for anyone) could have come in and happened in her home.

3. Jinger--she wants SEX (and I hopes has it BEFORE) and he lives ELSEWHERE. Good enough.

4. One of the boys has to get married or their will be bad talk about them. John David IS set up to marry--he owns property, earns a living and does side work.  But John, Joe or even Josiah (who I hope enjoys life as a long-haul trucker.....yawn, but it has the benefit of being AWAY) or even one of the twins needs to marry.

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

@IReallyAmHopewell  Josiah said he's getting his CDL to help out with family business, not to become a long-haul trucker.  Something to fall back on if he wants to in the future though.

Part of me kinda hopes one of the boys goes OTR (On the road) as theyd definitely get away from th4 family and see things they wouldn't normally and would give them an ability to "escape" with ease.  But you know they'd run as a team with one of their brothers and they'd probably never really talk to any other drivers... and you HAVE to talk to other drivers to learn and network out here on the road. Can you imagine the Duggar boys reaction to a lot lizard knocking on the cab door at 2am at the truck stop? LMFAO 

On 8/23/2016 at 7:02 PM, Buzzard said:

Next to the light switch at the front door is a sign that says "DISCRETION vs simple mindedness- the ability to avoid words, actions, and attitudes which could result in unfavorable consequences"

Haha, their choice of character traits to focus on is hilarious in light of the Joshley scandals. I'm sure they want to avoid ANYTHING that could result in unfavorable consequences (better keep Josh locked away a bit longer.)

And Jessa & Bin clearly can barely stand one another. I'm sure that will improve once Baby Tozer arrives and they have twice as much responsibility. Train wreck ahead.

22 minutes ago, snickerz said:

And Jessa & Bin clearly can barely stand one another. I'm sure that will improve once Baby Tozer arrives and they have twice as much responsibility. Train wreck ahead.

This is what happens when you marry your first crush. They did no look in love in the episode. I'm guessing Ben though he was getting a submissive wife but Jessa has a knack for nagging and they're discovering that living together is way harder than they thought. Just a my opinion. I've seen it happen with a few friends that got married super quick. Granted they were older, more mature and experienced but this stuff happens to 'normal' people all the time. 

I certainly agree that Jessa and Ben don't seem to have the hots for each other anymore, but then the fact they are having a baby again so soon throws a wrench in there. Maybe the baby was just a fluke, and they're going with it, or Jessa had to be joyfully available. I wouldn't be surprised if there is major resentment under the surface.

I haven't seen the episode yet but I have random thought. People are saying that Jinger and Jeremy obviously are hot for each other, have chemistry, etc. Isn't it likely that the Duggars are going to be hot for any person that Daddy has determined they should court? Isn't that what is expected? I have a hard time believing that the Duggars are awesome at choosing those they have perfect chemistry with on the first try every single time. I think you could mix and match the Duggar spouses and the outcome would likely be the same as there is nothing hotter in their world than to court someone who has been chosen by Daddy and, allegedly, God. It just bothers me that it is thought that they have chosen the perfect person to spend their lives with when that person was actually the only option they are allowed. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived