IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I think it is an ovulation test. I saw the blurred out item and I knew it looked familiar.  My guess is it is a first response ovulation test that comes in the multipack on places like amazon.  This multipack has ovulation tests and a pregnancy test but the ovulation tests are the same color as the ones in Jessa's drawer, the pregnancy tests are another color package.

So you think Jessa was tracking ovulation while going on and on and on about adoption?  I can actually see that happening. :)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J-D doesn't seem to be a very bright button but he has learned to fly so he must have something between his ears. The howlers may find him more approachable than Joshly ever was. J-D has never struck me as being smug. Shy though.

The younger howlers will know J-D better than Joshly. He left the TTH when they were very young. He must have seemed very distant to them, both geographically and emotionally.

Joshly has a huge mega ego. J-D, I suspect, hasn't.

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So you think Jessa was tracking ovulation while going on and on and on about adoption?  I can actually see that happening. :)

These girls spent their adolescence tracking (LITERALLY)  their mothers' ovulation cycles. So, yes I would think the ovulation/conception obsession practice continues into the next generation.

So gross. 

46 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I'm not so sure that Jeremy will be a more liberal headship than Ben or Derick.  Jeremy came from a homeschooling background and only went to public school starting his junior year to play soccer.  He started getting into trouble, in other words acting like a normal teen, drinking canoodling etc.  This continued in college.  At some point he was born again.  He may feel even more strongly that children need to be sheltered.  Would love to be wrong about this.

Sadly, you're probably right.

I'd think the ovulation tests were to track so she didn't get pregnant. Some women do that, and clearly it's not super effective. It might be her way of trying a form of birth control. Surely being so young with such a young child she wouldn't have a need to use them. 

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ben was also extremely short with her like "here's your stupid eggs bitch!" That scene was very strained, they were plainly fighting and could barely stay polite for the 5 minutes it took to cook the eggs. 

Maybe this was the 20th take of Ben Cooks Eggs, he finally got it right, but was cranky?

Alrighty, finally was able to watch the episode. I did read through all eight pages and some of my comments have been touched on I just have to get this off my chest LOL I am so sorry this is so long!

Comments:
1)    Did Bin just ask how his son was doing that morning? He’s yours—you live there—shouldn’t you know how your son is doing? At least he’s cooking breakfast
3)    I like how Anna is the go to with her 7 years’ experience for baby proofing and not Mechelle with her, what, 28 years? (Add that I did like that Marcus ran around and grabbed things and made me think of more baby proofing.)
4)    Derrick—Geopolitical instability—wonder how many of his in-laws know the meaning of that work LOL
5)    Israel has always been a Gringo but that didn’t stop you before from taking him out and showing him off and letting the locals hold him for pictures, Jill. 
6)    Annd is still sayingJoshua—sounds odd when he calls him Joshua. Reminds me of Rachel on Friends and her crush on that Joshua guy
7)    That’s a lot of stuff to end up in the toilet…would think that Mechelle and Boob would have done something about that 
8)    Jessa-why would you just have a pile of seashells laying on the bedside table? 
9)    They are always on a tight deadline
10)    Obligatory questions about JD and Josiah courting anyone 
11)    Wouldn’t it be easier to go to a baby store for baby proofing gear? That is an interesting hardware store to have hobby stuff, baby stuff, etc.
12)    Jinger—wants a whole houseful of kids. I think Jeremy will want that too
13)    Marcus on the kitchen table
14)    Baby proofing and no one is apparently supervising the kids it appears
15)    Where’s bin? Can’t he help? Is he just going to roll in right before the Napiers and commence with helping then
16)    Always read directions
17)    Now Bin has arrived! 
18)    Is the adopted daughter dressed in an African dress? Its cute but why can’t she be put in something like her sister. I like if it is for honoring the girls cultural 
19)    Can Bin not switch allergy meds to ones that don’t make him look out of it/stoned. 
20)    Mrs. Napier has to ask about adoptions. No the producers had to have you ask Jessa about adoption
21)    We all know you’re courting!! And engaged! 
22)    "Where is my guy?" LOL I’m glad Jinger seems so happy and in love with the guy
24)    “friend” Jeremy
25)    I like how these people become super good friends with people so quickly LOL
26)    This is the first I’ve heard Jeremy speak…better than Bin
27)    Does Jim Boob have to eat that giant muffin while talking to Jeremy?
28)    OMG…really the flowers and his explanation. Or, Jinger, you could just take the flowers out now, wash out the cup and hey! Your keepsake!
29)    I like how the girls fall in love before they are even courting the guy. 
30)    Bleh…Jeremy’s speech with asking her to court. 
31)    They look like they want to kiss so badly. 
32)    And they are already saying ‘I love you’. You just started courting LOL
33)    They want to kiss so bad and she’s so touchy with him. I’m glad she looks so in love. 
34)    OMG Flame is back. 
35)    I love how they got engaged at People studios. So set up! 

9 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

"Jill looked terrified. Either she is pregnant and terrified to go outisde, or that girl saw something that has scared her into not leaving the house. She didn't go from prancing around with her baby to not leaving the house because he's more mobile. She saw something bad happen, or something went on. Poor girl. She was so sheltered, she seemed very down to me. I'm glad he brought her home. "

I hope they don't go back.

About them baby-proofing: Maybe they read all the crabbing about lack-of-safety on FJ.

I'm sure Jessa got lots of flak for it on her on social media that she deleted, then banned the posters. This screamed FU INTERNETZZZZZ!!!!!1111

Plus, the timing (this was filmed sometime in May) is right. TLC needed a plot, and Jessa provided one, but making it dovetail with two "calm" girls (because girls are always more well-behaved than boys, duh)  to babysit was just weird. 

1 hour ago, amers said:

I'd think the ovulation tests were to track so she didn't get pregnant. Some women do that, and clearly it's not super effective. It might be her way of trying a form of birth control. Surely being so young with such a young child she wouldn't have a need to use them. 

Well, the test certainly didn't work the month they filmed that scene, because that's the cycle when she got knocked up! I'm firmly in the TTC camp on this one. 

I finally watched, and feel more certain that JD is definitely about to start courting, and might already have a lady love. his interviews about not being into romance, followed by a knowing laugh and looking down...i definitely think he's got someone on the horizon. much like how jinger "wasn't courting anyone officially" at the beginning of the episode.

I also feel bad for jill - I agree with what others have said above - something must have happened to make her suddenly terrified to take izzy out of the house. I don't think it's just zika. 

i feel worse for Anna - at this point I wish the producers would just pretend she doesn't have a husband and stop asking her about 'Joshua'. She looks so strained in those THs. :( 

Jill's pregnancy overshadowed Jessa's wedding planning season, Jessa's pregnancy is now going to overshadow Jinger's wedding planning season. Duggar girls payin it forward!

You know you're a trucker when the thing that pisses you off most during the episode was JD "teaching" Josiah to drive truck. I have never yelled at my TV more :pb_lol:. Dear Duggars, just because you can pass your CDL doesn't mean you can drive truck or teach someone how to drive truck.  

The Duggars aren't exactly the most responsible people out there... I'd be worried about how they are on the road. Though I'd love to run into them at a truck stop, don't think they'd react well to an unmarried Catholic woman hauling btrains full of chemicals :pb_lol:. I run cross border, it wouldn't necessarily be a stretch :pb_lol:

19 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

The menfolk were at a coffee shop - I assumed SoccerBoy got it there.  Never considered a florist in the mix.

Could make a memorable bridal bouquet, though.  Carry the mug down the aisle.

The flowers were actually pretty cute... Seemed thoughtful on his part. And thoughtful gifts are always the best gifts. So I have to give him that one.

It's obvious she's completely in love with him. I was so waiting for them to kiss once he asked her to court. Would've been natural.

It's so weird not to see people kiss when it looks like it is a moment they "should". 

I liked how at the beginning of the show they basically showed us everything that will happen this season so we don't really have to watch it.

The way Jeremy spoke reminded me of someone praying out loud.

1 hour ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Alrighty, finally was able to watch the episode. I did read through all eight pages and some of my comments have been touched on I just have to get this off my chest LOL I am so sorry this is so long!

Comments:
1)    Did Bin just ask how his son was doing that morning? He’s yours—you live there—shouldn’t you know how your son is doing? At least he’s cooking breakfast
3)    I like how Anna is the go to with her 7 years’ experience for baby proofing and not Mechelle with her, what, 28 years? (Add that I did like that Marcus ran around and grabbed things and made me think of more baby proofing.)
4)    Derrick—Geopolitical instability—wonder how many of his in-laws know the meaning of that work LOL
5)    Israel has always been a Gringo but that didn’t stop you before from taking him out and showing him off and letting the locals hold him for pictures, Jill. 
6)    Annd is still sayingJoshua—sounds odd when he calls him Joshua. Reminds me of Rachel on Friends and her crush on that Joshua guy
7)    That’s a lot of stuff to end up in the toilet…would think that Mechelle and Boob would have done something about that 
8)    Jessa-why would you just have a pile of seashells laying on the bedside table? 
9)    They are always on a tight deadline
10)    Obligatory questions about JD and Josiah courting anyone 
11)    Wouldn’t it be easier to go to a baby store for baby proofing gear? That is an interesting hardware store to have hobby stuff, baby stuff, etc.
12)    Jinger—wants a whole houseful of kids. I think Jeremy will want that too
13)    Marcus on the kitchen table
14)    Baby proofing and no one is apparently supervising the kids it appears
15)    Where’s bin? Can’t he help? Is he just going to roll in right before the Napiers and commence with helping then
16)    Always read directions
17)    Now Bin has arrived! 
18)    Is the adopted daughter dressed in an African dress? Its cute but why can’t she be put in something like her sister. I like if it is for honoring the girls cultural 
19)    Can Bin not switch allergy meds to ones that don’t make him look out of it/stoned. 
20)    Mrs. Napier has to ask about adoptions. No the producers had to have you ask Jessa about adoption
21)    We all know you’re courting!! And engaged! 
22)    "Where is my guy?" LOL I’m glad Jinger seems so happy and in love with the guy
24)    “friend” Jeremy
25)    I like how these people become super good friends with people so quickly LOL
26)    This is the first I’ve heard Jeremy speak…better than Bin
27)    Does Jim Boob have to eat that giant muffin while talking to Jeremy?
28)    OMG…really the flowers and his explanation. Or, Jinger, you could just take the flowers out now, wash out the cup and hey! Your keepsake!
29)    I like how the girls fall in love before they are even courting the guy. 
30)    Bleh…Jeremy’s speech with asking her to court. 
31)    They look like they want to kiss so badly. 
32)    And they are already saying ‘I love you’. You just started courting LOL
33)    They want to kiss so bad and she’s so touchy with him. I’m glad she looks so in love. 
34)    OMG Flame is back. 
35)    I love how they got engaged at People studios. So set up! 

They are too stupid to follow directions. Jessa didn't know what she was doing, just like when she was making cookies and GMMary told her that she needed to measure the items if she expected the cookies to turn out right. You can not guesstimate when baking. Just an idiot, I'm sorry.

11 hours ago, hollywood said:

To me it sounds like he is speaking his sentences slowly word by word as if talking to a child that wouldn't understand what he is saying.

Well...he was talking to Jim Bob. 

Mr. Butts take on the show last nite? "All those kids need to get laid and Jeremy should have said I love you then kissed her long and hard or.....never mind." BTW, he hates the show. But he suffers through it for me.

1) Wasn't there something that precipitated MEchelle and KJB's "unexpected" visit to CA? Jill was thanking folks for prayers and whatnot. At the time we speculated that something had happened? Betcha they don't go back. 

2) I predict Jeremy moves to Arkansas. A tremendous opportunity to church plant will be made known to him. He will be "called". By KJB, not God. Ben will become his associate pastor and do nothing. Derrick will be the CFO. Flame will be their Minister of Christian Rap. The girls will open a daycare/homeschool type situation based around aforementioned church. Anna will join in. Smugger will stay smug and hidden. They will claim that their message is reaching millions. One by one, they will court, marry and stay their asses right there. 

3) The suckfest will continue. I hate all of 'em. 

I have to say I am a little suprised they agreed to allowing for Josiah to get his CDL. I thought they avoided professions where the husband stayed a way from home for long periods of time or have varying schedules. Also all the alone time to have unfettered media influence. Could you imagine if they stumbled across a podcast which caused them to rethink things.

They seriously got engaged at People studios!?

And as an infertile who is well versed in ovulation kits and pregnancy tests, a purple box would fit the bill

49 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

2) I predict Jeremy moves to Arkansas. A tremendous opportunity to church plant will be made known to him. He will be "called". By KJB, not God. Ben will become his associate pastor and do nothing. Derrick will be the CFO. Flame will be their Minister of Christian Rap. The girls will open a daycare/homeschool type situation based around aforementioned church. Anna will join in. Smugger will stay smug and hidden. They will claim that their message is reaching millions. One by one, they will court, marry and stay their asses right there. 

That scenario is entirely plausible. And very sad.

19 minutes ago, infooverload said:

I have to say I am a little suprised they agreed to allowing for Josiah to get his CDL. I thought they avoided professions where the husband stayed a way from home for long periods of time or have varying schedules. Also all the alone time to have unfettered media influence. Could you imagine if they stumbled across a podcast which caused them to rethink things.

I think they mentioned a few of the older boys have their CDL? If they're only working with/for family I doubt it would be a big deal. US hours of service is 11 hours on duty driving in 14 hours with a mandatory 30 minute break after 8 hours (which, I must say, is extremely fucking irritating especially when stuck in traffic and/or at the border crossing, I always love getting to the border with 20 minutes left on my clock thanks to traffic and then thank God switching back to Canada Main hours :pb_lol:). I can't see any of the Duggar boys working even 11 hours... If they're a family business I also can't see them going too far from home.

Google Duggar Trucking, Here and Here. If that is the same Duggars they have 1 tractor, 1 trailer and 4 drivers. They're not going far from home if that's the case. They're also listed as Intrastate, which is commerce that is conducted within a state's borders. 

**Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the pages I found, if not I apologize in advance**

ETA: to add that I totally understood what you meant by your post @infooverload. Wasn't trying to criticize you or anything like that! If left to their own devices... I'm sure one of those boys could either get some eye-opening info or hear/see something they shouldn't that would lead them to rethink things.

I'm so thrilled TLC is putting the episodes up on their website. Now I can snark without cable! 

I thought it was weird that Ben asked how Spurge was doing-- it was almost as if he hadn't seen him yet that day/been there for a bit. 

Jeremy's speech sounded weird to me, but the more I thought about it, the more I think he was trying to articulate for the camera. Bin just gibbers at it, perhaps Jeremy is trying to do a better job.

Also, I liked the scenes with the two of them. Jinger looks thrilled and he really looks like he loves her. Here's hoping they're not just Ben and Jessa 2.0 and we'll be watching him stiffly make eggs while she looks on awkwardly.

I think they mentioned a few of the older boys have their CDL? If they're only working with/for family I doubt it would be a big deal. US hours of service is 11 hours on duty driving in 14 hours with a mandatory 30 minute break after 8 hours (which, I must say, is extremely fucking irritating especially when stuck in traffic and/or at the border crossing, I always love getting to the border with 20 minutes left on my clock thanks to traffic and then thank God switching back to Canada Main hours :pb_lol:). I can't see any of the Duggar boys working even 11 hours... If they're a family business I also can't see them going too far from home.

Google Duggar Trucking, Here and Here. If that is the same Duggars they have 1 tractor, 1 trailer and 4 drivers. They're not going far from home if that's the case. They're also listed as Intrastate, which is commerce that is conducted within a state's borders. 

**Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the pages I found, if not I apologize in advance**

ETA: to add that I totally understood what you meant by your post @infooverload. Wasn't trying to criticize you or anything like that! If left to their own devices... I'm sure one of those boys could either get some eye-opening info or hear/see something they shouldn't that would lead them to rethink things.

Oh no worries I have a thick skin I did phone customer service for a medical insurance company for close to a decade. Thankfully I no longer am on the phones. Years ago I did custom brokerage at the Canadian border, which was interesting. I was on shift the first night the new FDA rules went into effect after September 11, talk about chaos. Does anyone wonder how many family businesses or family "missionaries" will pop up over the years? I keep having this feeling a financial scandal will happen. As an aside I wonder how much money JBoob donated to Ken Ham's latest bad idea of the ark.

15 minutes ago, Markie said:

I wonder if the other " counter" is Joseph, since they asked both JD and Josiah?

My bet is on Joseph and Carlin Bates.

Also, the regular place I get the episodes is no longer available, so if anyone has a link or something. The show doesn't air here in Australia, so internet is my only chance.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived