IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, someone bought a dress last week...was it ever verified who?

i am surprised they said I love you on tv and so fast. Even Jessa said Ben said it off camera around the time that she cooked for him at his family's house.  It just shocked me.  Clearly they were together longer than we thought and nobody showed it or discussed it. 

I am in the camp - they will be married soon and re=create it for October and on the bandwagon that they were on a sound stage for their engagement. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Anna looks pregnant to me.  She was thinner before Josh got home. I don't mean that in a body shaming way.  She is generally a slender woman, but the difference in her shape before josh came home and since,  is noticeable. 

That was actually my 1st thought when I saw her.  I would hope she' just put weight back on since Joshy came home, and isn't preggers.  I know they don't want to talk about the pervert but hiding a baby bump & then a baby isn't exactly easy for fame whores.  Jess was looking pretty thin there so if she was pregnant she was JUST pregnant, meaning Anna would have a few weeks on her. 

45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well, someone bought a dress last week...was it ever verified who?

I recognized TLC crew from those Instagram pics posted on the Jinger thread yesterday, so....

I think the previews weren't just for next week but for the rest of the season so I wouldn't expect to see the engagement til the end of the season or at least not for another 6 weeks or so.  I think they'll save the wedding for another season early next year.

Watching them together I did see quite a bit of chemistry. I don't think JB had to push JInger too hard to agree to a courtship.  Hope she doesn't end up with a houseful of kids like she says she wants but a more manageable handful.

30 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That was actually my 1st thought when I saw her.  I would hope she' just put weight back on since Joshy came home, and isn't preggers.  I know they don't want to talk about the pervert but hiding a baby bump & then a baby isn't exactly easy for fame whores.  Jess was looking pretty thin there so if she was pregnant she was JUST pregnant, meaning Anna would have a few weeks on her. 

If Anna is pregnant, and this was filmed in early May, she's got quite a head start on Jessa, who got knocked up, from what I'm piecing together, around Ben's birthday in mid-May. I hate to say it, but she looked the way she does now when she had trouble losing baby weight, and people speculated for a year that she was pregnant when she wasn't. ANNA is one I really don't want to speculate about one way or the other; I'm just laying out facts. It's very possible that Anna is just eating some of what Josh is, falling into old bad habits as he has.  If Anna's pregnant, we may not know until we see pictures from Jinger's wedding. If she's pregnant then, we'll be able to tell for sure, since she'd be around 6 months along, well past any "food baby" stage.

Jeremy - "It has really been a privilege getting to know Jinger, your daughter." Just in case JB forgot he had a daughter named Jinger... 

I want to know just what JB & JV were doing for hours and hours because I doubt that little talk at the coffee shop took more than half an hour. Is the airport 3 hours from their home?

I too wonder if Anna will be making an announcement of her own soon. Notice when she is struggling with the little M boy in the shop, the close up when she's putting the bumpers on the coffee table and when she's saying her goodbye's at Jessa's house.

And is that little girl's name Ethnie? Closed caption said Esme, but the show subtitles said Ethnie. 

I bet Jer and KJB were repeating that scene in the coffee shop until it sounded right. And even then, it was stilted as hell. It didn't sound extemperaneous at all. 

3 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I want to know just what JB & JV were doing for hours and hours because I doubt that little talk at the coffee shop took more than half an hour. Is the airport 3 hours from their home?

Could be, if he took a flight to Little Rock instead of their local airport.....

I lost a lot of weight when my bf of 4 years broke up with me but slowly started actually eating and gained it back. I could see Anna finally getting an appetite back now that Josh is back even though it makes me cringe.

As for the dress episode, they can't show it until after the wedding happens (or they risk Jeremy seeing it - anyone else remember the SYTTD debacle about showing the epi before her wedding?). I think the wedding will be mid to late September so they can fit the dress episode in, an episode all about Jinger and the wedding within 10 weeks...

22 minutes ago, Purrl said:

Jeremy - "It has really been a privilege getting to know Jinger, your daughter." Just in case JB forgot he had a daughter named Jinger... 

Well, the plane could have been late - IME lately I'm shocked when a plane manages to depart or arrive on time (I'm looking @ you SW, not that I'm bitter.)

Add in however many takes the film crew needed at the coffee shop.

Then the stop at the florist for the flowers in the coffee mug gift - I doubt that Jeremy carried that item through security when he boarded and I didn't see it in his hand when JB picked him up.

Plus however long it took to drive to the house and don't forget the film crew had to beat JB and Jeremy home so they could capture the arrival of Jinger's knight in shinning armor.

Don't know how this Jessa/Jinger besties storyline is going to play out when Jinger moves to Texas. I can't see Jessa and Ben following as they aren't exactly self supporting & they'll need help when little Spurgette arrives.

For the first time I sensed that Jill was quite isolated down in CA - I'm wondering now if the 'surprise' visit by ma & pa Duggar followed by the duggar sibship visit was partly due to Jill floundering in the lonely CA 'season' of her life.

Dress episode could air 10/11. Jeremy would be too busy with wedding stuff to sit down and watch the show. All About Jinger would, of course, air 10/18. UNLESS they swap these two around. Then again, Jinger may request that her final choice NOT be shown on the episode (like Jessa). 

But as I said, 10/15 is the LATEST they could get a wedding episode produced in the timeframe they have.  They still don't have the advertisers to sustain the show during November Sweeps. A lot of the stuff I saw listed was local buys. 

Late September only gives them two months to get their shit together. Can they do it? They got Jessa's together in about 10 weeks or so, but we saw what a mess that was. 

15 minutes ago, sndral said:

Then the stop at the florist for the flowers in the coffee mug gift -

The menfolk were at a coffee shop - I assumed SoccerBoy got it there.  Never considered a florist in the mix.

Could make a memorable bridal bouquet, though.  Carry the mug down the aisle.

A couple things I noticed- good for Jessa for having Spurge on the floor in that Bumbo seat. 

Was Jill really feeding Izzy out of that huge tub of mush? So gross as the saliva from the spoon starts breaking it down, especially if they put it right back in the fridge and reuse it later. Yuck! 

Did anyone catch Michelle prompting the little ones on their line that Jessa was "upstairs?" Check it out! 

I think there is chemistry between Jer and Jing but it's just so awkward to watch. She really seems infatuated with him. 

I have only watched the ads, but have one little thought about why Jill has been isolating herself and the gringo baby at home -  is she trying to stay inside to prevent mosquitos bites because she's pregnant and didn't want to announce it while in Zika territory?  She seemed to have no issue with taking him out when he was younger, and he was just as blond then.  

I noticed the big bowl of mush as well and wondered why he's still eating puréed food.  My kids were well and truly eating solid food at his age, and if eating yoghurt or porridge they were (unfortunately for my floors) trying to feed themselves and were not happy about me feeding them.  

Just watched the show...woah...(un)holy sexual chemistry there  Jing and Jeremy. I thought Ben and Jessa were bad when they were courting.  I hope things post honeymoon and first baby are better for J & J then Ben and Jess.  At the same time of watching them make eyes at each other I started laughing for whatever reason when they were side hugging and Jeremy kept telling his Jing how much he missed her. I think some of it was due to second hand embarrassment watching a grown man have to ask permission to court and do the side hug crap that got to me. Didn't seem so bad with Ben or even Derrick. Also felt a bit sad thinking about how in a year from now we'll most likely be watching Jinger's baby shower. I really hope Jeremy is good to her.

On another note I hated the baby proofing crap. They have the Duggar kids over the house all the time and they never thought about baby proofing. I'm sure we'll never see the locks on the fridge or toilet again after this episode.  Who needs to baby proof their whole house because they have company coming with small kids for a few hours? I know I know if they didn't do that they wouldn't have a "story" for that episode but it still bothers me. I've babysat my goddaughter at my house overnight since she was 15 months old (she's now 8). When she was little I would put away anything breakable and call it a day. She somehow survived her visits with me despite not having baby proofed toilets and doors.  I also knew to put away anything with glass without having a three year old point it out to me.

The babyproofing is a big deal.  It is this the first definitative sign there's deviation from the Pearls in Duggar land? The Pearls (and a lot of other fundies) are very explicit.  You don't babyproof a house, you houseproof a baby and train it not to do things - eg blanket training etc

Socket covers & locks are not necessary in fundyland because you switch and repeat until baby is too terrified to move.

The fact that Anna  is helping and knows about babyproofing implies that she's done it herself to some extent, and thus the M kids have not been treated as harshly as babies as some of the other Duggar babies and Jessa & Ben intend to also not be as harsh on their toddlers.

On the other hand is it all a ruse for the show?  And am I trying to be to optimistic in hoping that those babies aren't blanket trained and being kept safe appropriately.

Did anyone else notice how awkward it was between Ben and Jessa in the scene before he left for work? or wherever? before she went shopping for baby proofing items? They gave each other an awkward side hug and no kiss or I love you and Jessa had a weird look on her face. It really stuck out to me. 

Proof just how boring the Duggars have become:

This thread was so easy to catch up on......

I taped the show and watched it when I couldn't sleep last night....I fell asleep and finally watched the rest this morning....

TLC gave away the whole season in the first 30 seconds.  Of course the DUggars had already given most of it away with People magazine interviews.   Unless Anna and Jill are also pregnant, than  there's really nothing left....

I think the blurred purple thing is a "First REponse" pregnancy test....

Really?  THey're still going with the adoption story line?   At least Jana seems to be off the hook this season except for THs

something stood out to me last night. The girls have been trained to be stay at home moms and have children and follow their men.  While Jill is clearly a stay at home mom  with Israel and in a foreign country following her husband around and sweeping the house and afraid to leave the house.  I wonder if she is actually happy, otherwise Michelle must be so proud of her.  Now Jessa has a husband who works for her father and is trying to become a preacher. She is at home at well and when she isn't home she is at her TTH.  That interaction between her and Ben when he left for work was for the camera otherwise I would think there is something seriously sad about them.  Then what she is home alone not cleaning her own home.  The parents must be ecstatic and what with Jeremy saying Jinger is a servant - these people have married their parents.  And it's become obvious and a little sad. 

Jim Bob was way more into that cupcake than Jeremy. I feel like it was more going through the motions for him. He seemed standoff ish toward Jeremy, imo. There was just something awkward about it. He didn't seem that way with his other son in laws. 

I'm laughing at Ben and the doorknob. Poor kid. He can't come across as a bright bulb, and Lord knows he's trying. 

And whyyyyy in the preview are they discussng Jinger not eating. She's paid fully thin. That's not funny.

Jill looked terrified. Either she is pregnant and terrified to go outisde, or that girl saw something that has scared her into not leaving the house. She didn't go from prancing around with her baby to not leaving the house because he's more mobile. She saw something bad happen, or something went on. Poor girl. She was so sheltered, she seemed very down to me. I'm glad he brought her home. 

11 hours ago, eandre31 said:

The way he speaks realllly bothers me, but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

To me it sounds like he is speaking his sentences slowly word by word as if talking to a child that wouldn't understand what he is saying.

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

To me it sounds like he is speaking his sentences slowly word by word as if talking to a child that wouldn't understand what he is saying.

that and he seems a little intense but trying to tone it down and wants us to believe everything 

he is a pastor - hello - they have issues trust me :D

9 minutes ago, amers said:

Jill looked terrified. Either she is pregnant and terrified to go outisde, or that girl saw something that has scared her into not leaving the house. She didn't go from prancing around with her baby to not leaving the house because he's more mobile. She saw something bad happen, or something went on. Poor girl. She was so sheltered, she seemed very down to me. I'm glad he brought her home. 

I am in the camp something happened.  I love this post. 

I think she discovered something and it freaked her out 

"Jill looked terrified. Either she is pregnant and terrified to go outisde, or that girl saw something that has scared her into not leaving the house. She didn't go from prancing around with her baby to not leaving the house because he's more mobile. She saw something bad happen, or something went on. Poor girl. She was so sheltered, she seemed very down to me. I'm glad he brought her home. "

I hope they don't go back.

About them baby-proofing: Maybe they read all the crabbing about lack-of-safety on FJ.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived