IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, twinmama said:

I think it doesn't even have to be particularly racist, just uneducated or maybe zenophobic. But I know that if I had my first child in a country I wasn't familiar in, I'd be overprotective just because I didn't understand the local culture and language! First time parents get overprotective in towns they have spent their entire lives in. 

Unfortunately, being concerned for safety is a concept the Duggars have never displayed before this time.

Remember, this is the baby that was photographed licking the fan- while it was turned on IIRC.

In the grand scheme of all that we know about the Duggars, Jill's concerns ring hollow.

14 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

You missed their visit to the creation museum?! Intelligent design, baby.

I'll see if there is a clip on YouTube. 

Jesus rode a dinosaur! The devil put those fosils there to tempt us and confuse us! 

Oh god, I went to find the Jesus cuddling the dinosaur meme, and found this instead... I hate the "C-word" but it made me laugh.

Spoiler

lmao.jpg

And the one I was looking for initially... 

jesus_and_the_dinosaurs.jpg

notice he didn't use the word meek when he went on and on 

and Jinger is just in love 

and no mention of a chaperone when he asked her to court 

The scene where Jeremy asks for a courtship, I don't want to see anymore awkward side hugs.  JUST MAKE OUT ALREADY!

Counting on - Part 4 - Boob negotiates a sale to save his livelihood

Jinger tells us that her "friend" jeremy is coming from texas to visit.  Its POURING.

She heard his name a lot because Bin and Jessa were friend iwth him. 

Boob and Jeremy sidehug at the airport (boob is awkwardly out of the car to greet him... at the airport... in the rain?) They get in the car

Jinger tells us that he has  a "neat"background and left the soccer career to be a pastor.  She first noticed him on a misisons trip in CA and remember "conneting" wtih him.

Jessa says she watched them talk and interact... Derick thought maybe it was nothing... but maybe not.

At the coffee shop (not raining) they walk in and order snacks?

Jinger TH - she has too much to say about how she likes him

JD - Jinger isnt on the same planet as most of us

Jana - now she doesnt lose her phone

Bin - she's got a condition

Jana - she's in love

Boob tells jeremy that Jinger is waiting for her.

Jeremy - its been a blessing getting to know jinger and your family- Wants to opportunity to court her.  

Boob pretends to be shocked and looks down.

Flashback to bin asking permission

Boob  = this is a big step.  Its an evaluation period for considering eachother for marriage.

Bin - I think he's nervous but he's thinking that he'd rather ask and get turned down than not ask at all

Boob - Jinger thinks a lot of you.  Michelle and I have discussed this - is this the guy?  We give our blessing for you to court jinger.

They shake hands.

Jeremy - I cant thank you enough.  Words cant express the gratitude I have for you and Mrs. Duggar.  I cant wait to talk to jinger.

Boob - I hope she says yes.

Jinger - I thought they'd be back in an hour.  I was excited... 2 hours passed... then more hours... "where is my guy?"

They walk in.  Michelle coos.  Mac? is on the counter. Howler holds mer.

Jinger comes downstairs.  They sidefug.  He gives her flowers... in a coffee cup.  They missed eachother.  

Jeremy asks her to step outside... they sit on the church bench outside. He says that he talked to boob... blah blah privilege to get to know you... Its so clear that everythingI saw from afar is true and so much more about you. I've asked the lord that he would give me a woman who has a heart for serivce and the lord and the gospel and I've seen that in you and I want to ask you if you would take that step foward iwth me. 

Jinger is completely in love

They sidehug.  Littles jump inside.

Two outside dogs hang next to them... its pours.

A police car is int he driveway.

Jinger says she loes him and they side snuggle.

They come back inside and Jinger tells them they're courting.  Michelle screams "congratulations."

Next to the light switch at the front door is a sign that says "DISCRETION vs simple mindedness- the ability to avoid words, actions, and attitdes which could result in unfavorable consequences"  I cant read the bottom lines, but possibly proverbs.

Jeremy and jinger say "I like you" to eachother...

Next week...

they want to fast track... so they race cars!

Survival school!

Spurge does musak and bin plays with more african americans.

Joy flies

Jeremy surprises jinger with nachos

The engagement... 

18 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

A dinosaur coloring book. I feel like they are, but I have to ask- they're creationists, right? Evolution isn't real and God made the earth in seven days? I mean if you believe that, go for it- but I do wonder what their beliefs concerning dinosaurs are. And how they explain dinosaurs to their kids.

Here you go!

Ooh, survival school? As an avid camper, I can't wait to yell at the screen. I hope a bear shows up :evil-laugh:

I wrote of the episode as well in case anyone is curious. 

Seewalds

Sprugey is crawling, so they baby proof their house and invite over some house guests. Some of the older girls go shopping for babyproof stuff and gifts for their friend’s kids. It’s by far the most boring part of the show. They try to create drama by rushing to baby proof the cabinet corners before they babysit their friend’s kids.

One of the kids, Noel, is adopted, and Jessa talks about how much she wants to adopt again. I’m not really understanding why this family dresses their black adopted child in traditional African outfits while their white child wears nothing of the sort.

This time they say they want to do a domestic adoption, but they have to wait until Sprug is 9 months. Now they have to wait longer. As a side note, they actually own a lot of books which is promising.

Dillards

Dereck surprises everyone with progressively worse hair. As always, they complain about how horrible Central America is and how heroic they are for being there. No mention of Zika, but they do talk about how the water goes out a lot. They mention that they going to return home soon-is this normal for missionaries? I kind of thought they would stay there for years. They spent most of their time learning the language.

Anna

Josh is back! Not on screen yet though. She hangs out with Jessa and Jinger in this episode and does nothing interesting. Every day, she looks more and more like a Duggar sister.

Jeremy and Jinger

JIN JIN is in WUV! There is not a whole lot of it in this episode though, just foreshadowing. They have to fill up a whole season remember? Jeremy and Jim Bob meet up in the airport and they go out for coffee. Jeremy seems like a catch. He used to play professional soccer, but now is a minister. Jim Bob makes a ton of embarrassing dad comments. Jeremy asks Jim Bob to court Jinger. They shake hands like it’s a business deal. At least it wasn’t as embarrassing as Derricks closet encounter.

He brings Jinger a coffee cup of flowers then tells her about the arrangement he made with her father. Jinger says yes. Jeremy says he loves her. They haven’t even gone on a date yet. For people that never show up on time, they sure move fast.

Duggar Boys

One of the boys (I can’t tell them apart) is getting is a commercial drivers license. At least some of them are employable. JD claims he is not all interested in romance. I’m not sure what to make of that. In the preview, the boys are going to survival school.

8 minutes ago, Wenny said:

Jinger you can't marry a man you just met. 

YOU CAN IF IT'S TRUE LOVE!

Sorry, I have 4 year olds so I've seen Frozen more than any movie other than Dirty Dancing when I was 13.

Their whole courtship reminds me of my first "relationship" where my boyfriend and I said I love you the first night we hung out :thumbsdown:

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

No chaperone.... Any thoughts on that?

Jessa and Ben had a scene like that without a chaperone. I remember someone saying the camera crew was their chaperone :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

No chaperone.... Any thoughts on that?

I'm thinking Jeremy told Boob to shove off with that nonsense. I'm noticing Jing is very touchy feely head on shoulder hand holding hugging BEFORE courtship.  I'm gonna bet they have kissed, but we won't see that on camera until the Idos. 

Just now, Kira said:

Jessa and Ben had a scene like that without a chaperone. I remember someone saying the camera crew was their chaperone :pb_lol:

jessa said it 

the rain is telling 

and I found him really laying it on and Jinger eating it up 

Counting On Season 2 Episode 1 advertisers (Arizona)

TLC Me

The Wild Life Movie x2

Act Kids Mouthwash x2

Taco Bell x2

Trivago x2

Recovery Village

Aspercreme x2

Bridget Jone's Baby Movie

Hastings and Hastings Lawyers

Spencer TV and Appliances

TLC Facebook

Toddlers and Tiaras x2

Cake Boss x2

Storks Movie

The Disappointments Room Movie

Dell.com

Homicide Hunter ID Channel

Walk In Tubs

TLC Playhouse Masters x2

TLC Too Cclose to Home

Hotwire

Jungle Book Movie

TLC Flip or Flop

Wall and Assoc Tax Lawyers

TLC Love at First Kiss

TLC Go

6 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

Here you go!

That crunchy hair! Those matching outfits! That rejection of science! Thanks, @Gossamer1!

2 minutes ago, nst said:

jessa said it 

the rain is telling 

and I found him really laying it on and Jinger eating it up 

Did she? I meant someone from Free Jinger.

3 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Counting On Season 2 Episode 1 advertisers (Arizona)

TLC Me

The Wild Life Movie x2

Act Kids Mouthwash x2

Taco Bell x2

Trivago x2

Recovery Village

Aspercreme x2

Bridget Jone's Baby Movie

Hastings and Hastings Lawyers

Spencer TV and Appliances

TLC Facebook

Toddlers and Tiaras x2

Cake Boss x2

Storks Movie

The Disappointments Room Movie

Dell.com

Homicide Hunter ID Channel

Walk In Tubs

TLC Playhouse Masters x2

TLC Too Cclose to Home

Hotwire

Jungle Book Movie

TLC Flip or Flop

Wall and Assoc Tax Lawyers

TLC Love at First Kiss

TLC Go

I'm going to guess that Dell, Disney, and Taco Bell deny agreeing to advertise.  Those are some pretty slim pickings on revenue

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm thinking Jeremy told Boob to shove off with that nonsense. I'm noticing Jing is very touchy feely head on shoulder hand holding hugging BEFORE courtship.  I'm gonna bet they have kissed, but we won't see that on camera until the Idos. 

I'm betting that they were actually courting, and the scene they gave us was staged. Kind of like Ben with his styrofoam cup and Jessa with bare feet in the office. 

13 minutes ago, twinmama said:

YOU CAN IF IT'S TRUE LOVE!

Sorry, I have 4 year olds so I've seen Frozen more than any movie other than Dirty Dancing when I was 13.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TRUE LOVE. 

My 2.5 year old renamed herself Elsa and don't ever Ana the horrible name Anna. 

11 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Their whole courtship reminds me of my first "relationship" where my boyfriend and I said I love you the first night we hung out :thumbsdown:

Same, I was "engaged" after like a 2 weeks until he tongue kissed another girl..  heart break at 13 My bet is she will be heartbroken at the first fight. 

I haven't watched yet.

But the engagement episode is next week already? They have really fast-tracked this relationship! I guess they want the finale to be Jinger's wedding.  I would have thought they'd stretch this for as long as possible. But I suppose they need to get married ASAP because of sex.

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I haven't watched yet.

But the engagement episode is next week already? They have really fast-tracked this relationship! I guess they want the finale to be Jinger's wedding.  I would have thought they'd stretch this for as long as possible. But I suppose they need to get married ASAP because of sex.

Does anyone know how long it took for them to be engaged in real time? The show makes it look like they're moving really fast. 

Anna looks pregnant to me.  She was thinner before Josh got home. I don't mean that in a body shaming way.  She is generally a slender woman, but the difference in her shape before josh came home and since,  is noticeable. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived