IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

Bin gives Jinger and Jeremy ice cream - Jinger gives some to jeremy because she's "not very hungry."

Jessa makes a stupid voice and says "gotta watch your waistline to fit into that dress."

Jessa said WHAT?! I know Jessa's blunt, but that's just a totally inappropriate comment to make. Maybe there's some context/tone I'm missing, like if it's a running joke that Jinger eats a lot and never gains weight, but when I saw this I had to go back and reread to make sure I'd read it properly.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster, long time lurker here. 

I read through all the posts about the new episode and didn't see anything about it here (I didn't check the Jinge/Jeremy specific thread though) 

I didn't watch much of the episode, but happened to be flicking through the channels and stopped to watch for a second. Have I completely lost it or did I notice that Jeremy had a tattoo? He was sitting at a table with the others  I'm thinking it was on the inside of his right forearm? 

11 minutes ago, jmlc84 said:

First time poster, long time lurker here. 

I read through all the posts about the new episode and didn't see anything about it here (I didn't check the Jinge/Jeremy specific thread though) 

I didn't watch much of the episode, but happened to be flicking through the channels and stopped to watch for a second. Have I completely lost it or did I notice that Jeremy had a tattoo? He was sitting at a table with the others  I'm thinking it was on the inside of his right forearm? 

He does, you can see it in some of his other pictures. Not sure what it is though. 

this season is blah.  I can't stand jinger and I can't hide my contempt for her and Jeremy.  Is it just me or does everyone feel this way? 

At least Ben has a fake storyline of a foot ball team for youth. 

The girls I can't believe don't own runners. 

8 hours ago, Antimony said:

I have had people just walk into my house. It was the evening, maybe around or slightly before dinner. My roommate was playing cello. We had a neighbor who was mentally ill and he heard the cello, decided it was a good jam and invited himself in. It scared the piss out of us. He wasn't normally violent but there had been a few cases. We locked all the time after that, it was just too spooky. 

I haven't watched yet but if that is something that happened,  I can empathize with the fear there. From the videos so far though, it seems that the Quincy nickname has been dropped. I just noticed this. 

In college, my roommate left the door unlocked and we ended up with a drunk naked man in our apartment who refused to leave. I wasn't even there at the time, and it was enough to make me anxious. She had to call the cops and have them remove him...there was still a cop in my living room when I got home. I'll definitely join you on the empathy bus. 

12 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

So, props to Joy!!! Everybody else is fussing about accommodations, wifi, roughing it, and the boys   are being all manly Sleeping in Teepees and Making Fire ( cue Tim Allen growl) and the girl just grabs a hammock to go sleep under the stars. Joy may just free herself. That's my new dream. So far, she's staying true to her own identity as a young woman.

She had to go outside because the bear storyline wouldnt make sense if she was inside... it still doesnt make sense, because Jinger says she saw the bear... In all reality, she probably went outside to get the fuck away from Jinger cooing on the phone.

7 hours ago, alba said:

Jessa said WHAT?! I know Jessa's blunt, but that's just a totally inappropriate comment to make. Maybe there's some context/tone I'm missing, like if it's a running joke that Jinger eats a lot and never gains weight, but when I saw this I had to go back and reread to make sure I'd read it properly.

Jinger and Jeremy are handed ice cream in bowls, JInger spoons some back to Jeremy and says something like "being in a relationship makes you not hungry."  Jessa in a TH makes the stupid girly baby voice, waives her hands a la a fairy godmother, and says it.  It was horribly condescending and an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, especially in the mocking tone.  COuple that with her later comment about how if Bin didnt get her to the gym she'd sit on the couch and eat chocolate it was a serious "fuck you."  Hey Jinge, life is better once you get the license to fuck.  YOu can let yourself go, pop out some kids, and not worry about shit no more... all the ice cream you want!  

Jinger's behavior really irks me. Not only is she acting like a fangirl at a boyband concert, but she is a "role model" for other fundie girls.  This behavior is not normal, its stunted and immature.  To hold it out as acceptable is yet another harmful behavior TLC and the Duggars force on the public.  Its ridiculous.  

18 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jill-duggar-husband-derick-and-i-are-at-higher-risk-for-crime-w436952

My favorite Quote from Dumber - 

“If we were back in the States, we wouldn’t be talking about, ‘Now if you die, what am I supposed to do from there? If you don’t come home after you are supposed to [at] this hour, then what do I do?’

I imagine families with spouses in the military/police force/fire department have also had these conversations. 

My parent's are going on VACATION for 2 weeks to a really nice resort in Italy and I still had to sit through a whole demonstration on where all the important documents are and a list of numbers for insurance companies, etc. 

I may have to actually watch this episode to see tween Jinger in person. Reading about it sounds so ridiculous. 

Oh, thank God I missed it all watching that dumb Katherine Heigl movie... I did see one of the commmercials, and I'm always struck by how large Jinger's eyes are.. and being a medical person, I always wonder about the state of her thyroid. I'm sure it's just large eyes, but..

I think Jill got a huge reality check in Central America. She might have enjoyed the fake, contrived Disneyland -type "mission trips" that her family went on, but Derrick is closer to being a real missionary than what Jill was used to.  (I'm not saying that Derrick is a real missionary, just closer than the Duggars.) I think she's learned that it's more fun to play missionary than it is to really do the work.

I see this relationship as being one where one of the people grew up doing short 2-4 mile hikes, while the other has more overnight hiking experience, and they decide to hike the Pacific Crest Trail together. The short hiker would be miserable and over his/her head

I think Jill may also have had a difficult time adjusting to not having a gaggle of family around her at all times. We saw how she couldn't handle Derrick being away at Walmart HQ all day. She may be very uncomfortable with doing ANYTHING outside the house on her own.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

My parent's are going on VACATION for 2 weeks to a really nice resort in Italy and I still had to sit through a whole demonstration on where all the important documents are and a list of numbers for insurance companies, etc. 

I haven't had time for TV. Or web fun. So I don't have the context, I'm sure, but this tickled me. I'm sure it was the right thing to do, though it probably felt dull and uncomfortable for you.

I take a few days' trip with my husband every year even though we're what you would call, I guess, permanently separated. I mean, we also do the symphony together, etc. but anyway. A couple years ago I was suddenly paranoid things wouldn't go right and we wouldn't come home, so I wrote a text document based on a government website suggestions for a will when you have no assets, with details of how to divide up the books and records and my paintings, pointed out I'm an organ donor, mentioned how to find my bills and accounts spreadsheet with bank and insurance details, then made a print copy for my most sensible older kid, and said pretty much, "You're in charge when I die, do what you like with my remains, maybe plant a tree or bush in my honor if you like, love you." 

And now I worry only about keeping my closets neat so no one has the burden of that on their hands.

1 minute ago, backyard sylph said:

I haven't had time for TV. Or web fun. So I don't have the context, I'm sure, but this tickled me. I'm sure it was the right thing to do, though it probably felt dull and uncomfortable for you.

I take a few days' trip with my husband every year even though we're what you would call, I guess, permanently separated. I mean, we also do the symphony together, etc. but anyway. A couple years ago I was suddenly paranoid things wouldn't go right and we wouldn't come home, so I wrote a text document based on a government website suggestions for a will when you have no assets, with details of how to divide up the books and records and my paintings, pointed out I'm an organ donor, mentioned how to find my bills and accounts spreadsheet with bank and insurance details, then made a print copy for my most sensible older kid, and said pretty much, "You're in charge when I die, do what you like with my remains, maybe plant a tree or bush in my honor if you like, love you." 

And now I worry only about keeping my closets neat so no one has the burden of that on their hands.

Whenever my parents travel out of the country - they leave me a whopping cheque in case they die and I have to deal with their funerals- I know where the will is kept, I know where the lawyers are blah blah 

what happens though when I travel with them out of the country - my will is in my closet - Bueller 

so if you don't hear from me after next thursday for 10 days - be aware I am in Italy :D  don't know if we will have wifi 

I went on a high school trip to France in June 2005. Right before I left, I got the "Natalee Holloway" lecture from my dad. That's really what he called it. It was the biggest breaking news at that point in time.

Also, I had a dream last night that Ben's new career was writing and illustrating children's books. Because, you know, he likes to draw. In my dream, he had put out a new book called "Bout Gramma." It was a book on how a child deals with a grandparent with Alzheimer's/dementia.

The Duggars need to stop invading my dreams. They already ruin an hour every Tuesday night for me.

Finally, if there is a show plot line about Ben becoming a Christian children's book illustrator, you better believe that is confirmation someone in their camp was snooping here. If the show picks it up, I'll take the fall for it.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I truly don't understand the whole "Jinger can't do anything anymore because she is in LOVE (squeeee)." Why can't she continue to take care of daily life and be in a courtship? She is in love so suddenly she can't be bothered to help cook dinner. Not that I wish continued slavery on this girl, but come on....she's an adult. She can do more then lay around and eat/drink/sleep Jeremy all day.

I just saw a few clips from the new episode and that was already too much. Jinger acts so fake, sorry. It's like they said to her how she should act when in love and in front of the camera. unfortunately it doesn't seem to come natural to her. Poor Jinger! And I'm still confused with them as a couple.

and more: I thought Jessa did come across as totally envious of Jinger in the clips.  Still think that Ben should have been with Joy and getting married in 3-5 years from now.

6 hours ago, alba said:

It came off fairly mocking to me. I might be reading way to much into this, but I get the feeling that Jessa is very insecure about her body (i.e. Ben talking about how Jessa thinks she is fat a few seasons back, her constant talk about eating healthy while pregnant-Trim, Healthy, Mama, etc.). My guess is after having Spurge, the baby weight isn't coming off as fast as she would have liked, and now she is seeing Jinger (who has always been thin IMO) dieting preparing for her big day. She might be a bit jealous that she won't be as skinny. Who knows though....maybe she really was just trying to be "funny" and there is nothing to it.

Okay Jinger is acting like a Tween, and Jeremy's voice actually reminds me of Michelle in a way: fake baby voice. But I actually think he's super hot compared to the other gross men associated with the Duggars and I can see the sexual tension between these two. I'm hoping that even if Jinger is in a weird stunted fundie relationship, she will at least have a satisfying sexual relationship. I also get the feeling that JB isn't Into him at all, so two points for him in my book. 

18 hours ago, nst said:

jinger sleeps with jeremy's jersey on her pillow as a case 

Welcome to 7th Grade, Jinge!

My only comment is in regards to the jersey pillow cover. Still 10000000x better than the creepy ass pillow with Anna and Smuggy's face emblazoned on them.

Regarding the speculation that someone might have walked into Jill's house unannounced - that might just be a cultural thing.  I have a relative who was in the Peace Corp in the 90's, and that used to happen to him (he was not in Central America).  The culture in the area that he was assigned to was that if you wanted privacy, that you must have something to hide.  He would find people waiting for him in his apartment when he would get home.  He eventually installed a lock, and people questioned why he did that.

If something like that happened to Jill, I can see her getting really upset, especially since she is so sheltered and has a baby to protect.  She is probably used to her family always being around and protecting her (except from other family members), so this would be especially unnerving.  

18 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on... Its Officially out of ideas.  Part 3

They're driving to missouri.  Jinger is facetiming with Jeremy and is concerned there wont be signal.  She misses him and wishes he was there.

Joe says its different at home because they're stuck together on the bus.  They're all clearly fed up with her cooing.

JInger - if we get there and there is no reception I'll figure out how to send a smoke signal and have someone rescue us.

Jeremy wants her to call as soon as they get there.  They exchange "I love yous"

They drive on a one lane gravel road (the bus has a price written on the front window 12k)

Joy says she can have an hour/day on the phone.

They take a tour of the property - teepees etc.  

Jinger decides to stay in the RV.  They're introduced to the instructors (who are wearing shorts and BAREFOOT).  I wonder if one of these guys is for Jana... Joy is wearing flip flops.  Way to dress to survive!

They learn to start a fire.  JD says he'd rather use a propane torch.

They boys learn how to do friction fire.  They girls get fire starters.  The instructor comments that they are inappropriately dressed in skirts and sandals. Joy says they're going to see a lot of poison ivy.

JD says he has country tendencies but likes to access the city.

Josiah is a city boy... he's in between. He can get things done.

Jed or Jer starts the fire.

Now all 3 instructors are wiht the girls.  Jinger is afraid she'll fuck up her ring finger (no ring on it yet).

Joy - JInger is not a country girl and likes houses.

Jana - I dont like the city but I dont like the back woods country.

I DEFINITELY SEE A JANA FUTURE HERE

Back at the house of spurge... Bin takes spurge for a spin with the football guy... he wants to start a camp because kids like "active things".

Steve drives and talks as spurge sings inthe back.  They ignore him.

They get to a gym and Steve has his child too.  Bin tells him how he wants to put on the football camp.  

Jessa says he wants to open the camp for people to love on them.

Flashback to bin talking about his inner city ministry with flame and his friends.

Bin says he can feed them, train them, and share a message.

Steve says that he has a similar concept to "pour into" kids.  I'm not going ANYWHERE NEAR THAT SHIT.

At the end there is a scrimmage and the winner gets XYZ.

Steve thinks its a great idea to uplift kids to see if they want to play sports and help kids.

Bin wants to do it ASAP.  Its still basic, he's trying to contact people.

Jessa - I feel like each one of us, we need to look for ways to bless their lives.  This is bin's calling and she cant wait to see how god uses this in his life.

Steve is excited to "teach kids how to play football again."

Bin shakes his hand.... um, he has to drive you home... unless that was a pretend road trip too... 

Did Bin ever play an actual sport in his life? I know REAL homeschoolers do, but Gothard doesn't agree with sports because the whole family must always be together. So how is he going to teach football???

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived