Coconut Flan

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Bin, you don't need to talk to the guy even if the producers tell you to

he was monopolizing the conversation from far away

Its official! This show is so fraktastically contrived and boring! Part 1

We're treated to a recap of the episode from last week.  Magically, they hit all relevant portions of the show in 30 seconds!

We begin with cows... and Jessa's house.  Jinger voiceover "Jeremy is my best friend from Laredo texas."  They're courting... he's from PA and was a pro soccer player.

Jeremy tells us that the LORD pressed on him to minister.  When he finished his contract he didnt want to play anymore, and a week after he left he was sent to laredo to "church plant."

Boob and J'chelle arrive at Jessa's house.  JInger and Jeremy hold spurgeon, they tell Jessa they're courting.

The duggars explain courtship. Jeremy didnt relly get it, but was "exposed" to it. 

Bin gives Jinger and Jeremy ice cream - Jinger gives some to jeremy because she's "not very hungry."

Jessa makes a stupid voice and says "gotta watch your waistline to fit into that dress."

Boob says they just "started courting today."  Asks Jessa for advice...

Bin and Jessa recap their "story"... we're treated to flashbacks (and the cup).

Bin asks about standards.  Jeremy says they want to save they physical for marriage "on a lot of levels." They understand there is temptation and if they open the door there are too many things they have to think about not doing.

Joe - no front hugs, no kissing...

Jinger - we're praying about it. YOu dont have to have it listed but a general idea and let people know.

Jeremy - we desire to get to know eachother to see if we want to spend our lives together.  Its a "season for discovering each other's heart..." 

JInger - blah blah heart

Jessa - theres a pull to want to be close to that person. It woudl be weird if you didnt. You have to know your boundaries and let people know.

Bin offers to chaperone - he appears to have a red mark behind his ear (hickie???)

JInger - you dont need a chaperone between you, but in eye shot.

Jeremy - YOU said we're on the "fast track"  WAIT, what convo on the phone?  I thought you just had this convo in the coffee shop and got engaged the same day? THE DUGGARS FUCKED WITH TIME? NEVER!

JInger TH - Now we're going back to the "main house" to have dinner as a family

At the TTH (not raining... bright and sunny... different clothes)

They line up and get dinner... its takeout.  I bet it wasnt used, either.  Boob asks jeremy if he can cook italian food. Jeremy says no.  JInger says she's seen him cook.  He can make pasta.

JInger gives him a "name cup" He covers up what she wrote (in red marker).

The J'kids make fun of Jinger saying "so sweet."

Boob reads the cup - "my man love you" With hearts

JInger says jeremy came from a small family... there are people everywhere.

Michelle sits and cuts up a salad while all the other kids get their food and drinks and come to the table.  There appear to be A LOT of duggars missing for a family meal.  No prayer is filmed. SLACKERS

Bin makes it all about him - he lost 10 pounds in one week... Jeremy talks about Jinger's favorite food - mexican.  He likes his grandmas italian and anything his mother cooks.  

Jinger can cook spaghetti... 

Bin says he's had big italian meals but not one "this big". Bin laughs, no one else does.

Jana - I can see this courtship leading to marriage

JD - He's easy to talk to

Josiah - watch dogs never sleep. Its not over till its over

Joe - We're checking you out.  We dont want to hand our sister over to just anyone.

Jeremy - I think they've accepted me (not sunny anymore)

you know i always think bin is super awkward on camera...until i see any of the duggar males in a talking head. josiah's awkwardness makes me squirm. the delivery of that "watchdogs" comment just about killed me. and joseph is nearly as bad, but in a lifeless way. maybe that's why they think bin should be a preacher - he's downright charismatic compared to the rest of them. 

First set of Commercials: I think I missed a couple. School work distracted me. 

TLC promos

Gold Bond ultimate

Taco Bell

Storks trailer

Jungle Book dvd trailer

JESwork.com

Get to the engagement. Make it quick.--translation-hurry up and get married so you can fulfill those strong lustful emotions righteously 

ben and jessa work out with Spud 

that is insane what ben is doing 

Ben has him strapped to his back doing chin ups - it looks scary for spud's neck 

Is Jessa really wearing a skirt over workout pants?  Jeremy seems so much more intelligent compared to Ben.  Although after that dinner scene it doesn't take much

Yes, I think he's jerking that baby around too much, also did anyone else catch Jessa reprimanding Josie for (I think) eating with her fingers. 

Its Officially scripted! Part 2

I just have to comment - I'm really disturbed at the amount of oprah commercials.

Jessa and Bin tell us how they like to "style" spurge.  Bin likes onesies... He strips him and says he likes momma to get him dressed.  he zips him up and he's in something stretchy and soft. (AKA - we needed to fill 2 minutes)

At the TTH they're facetiming Jill et al.

Jeremy and Jinger tell them that they are courting. Jill coos, Izzy claps.  Jeremy's shirt is back to the original black (not what he had on at jessa's house)

Jinger reminds us all about how they "served" together in CA.

Jeremy says that they prayed about eachother.

Flashback to last week when Jill and Derick discussed talking about JInger and Jeremy

Derick is still wearing a stupid headband/bandana... 

Jill reminds us of how they flew "thousands of miles" to be together... flashbacks of their courtship.

Long distance is hard.  JInger says they can communicate more than they could in person.  They've grown "so close" and communicate all the time.

Jeremy says they can see eachother every few weeks.

Jessa and Bin somehow manage to crown in on the conference (spurge is wearing the onesie from the "styling spurge" spot)

Jessa - somehow I think about Jills shoes. Its hard to be far, they're together and JIll is so far away.

They say bye... bin andjessa have vanished.

Jeremy is going back to larado.  They'll miss eachother...

Back at Casa Jessa... Bin takes Spurge to go work out.  Bin reminds us they had workout sessions during their courtship.  Jessa would sit and eat chocolate if Bin didnt make her.  She want to keep up with spurge as he grows, so this is good for her.

They have a gym in a warehouse.  They go there to work out.  Bin calls spurge "spurge".  Spurge is back in a onesie (not what he was wearing when they started this segment).  They put him in a baby carrier and bin does pull ups with the baby on his back. Then he does push ups.

Bin cant wait to throw the ball around with him.

Jessa does lunges with spurge while Bin discusses doing a football ministry camp.  He's always loved kids and hes met people that have ministered to kids that needed mentors.  As he's gotten "awareness" that caused him to want to get involved.  

Jessa name drops "steve conley" flashbacks to all those episodes with him... lets see him!

Bin links his desire tominister to youth with their need to adopt.

Jessa - you can see bin's wheels turning and it will turn into something big!

Bin now wants to get in better shape so he can have this camp.  Its a blessing to have jessa suppoting his ideas.  He cant wait to see if steve will support him.

An RV is parked at the front lawn as the big kids pack up.  Jinger has a pillow with jeremy's jersey as a pillow case.   They're going to sigma 3 so they can learn how to survive in the woods with just a knife and the clothes on your back.

Joy is excited becaseu if god called her to a remote country she could use these skills to survive.

Jinger shows us her favorite pillow. Her iphone is strategically placed to block a company name on the bottom.   She tells us that both Jill and Jessa had pilow cases made up.

They play with flint and steel inside the house.

Jinger brings a keurig onto the bus.  They board the bus, josie appears to be getting on it.  Apparently this RV is "borrowed" from a friend.

Jana says its hard to get them all together because of their jobs.

Boob is now carrying Josie as they all close the door. They drive off... 

The guys talk smack about how this is going to unfold.

JInger gives him a "name cup" He covers up what she wrote (in red marker).

The J'kids make fun of Jinger saying "so sweet."

Boob reads the cup - "my man love you" With hearts

Courting "only" one day and already using the L-word? Or did I misunderstand? (Not watching the show, thanks Buzzard for recapping!) How does this factor into the whole not giving away your heart before marriage? Or is heart purely just a euphemism?

O ye of little faith, boys. Girls can survive in the wilderness just as well as guys, trust me. I'm not sure if they're just talking shit because they're siblings and that's what siblings do, or of they're being misogynistic assholes. :pb_rollseyes:

Just now, snarkysuki1724 said:

Yes, I think he's jerking that baby around too much, also did anyone else catch Jessa reprimanding Josie for (I think) eating with her fingers. 

Yes I noticed.  A little late to be starting with that?  I don't recall any of the other kids being reprimanded for eating with their fingers

1 minute ago, December said:

Courting "only" one day and already using the L-word? Or did I misunderstand? (Not watching the show, thanks Buzzard for recapping!) How does this factor into the whole not giving away your heart before marriage? Or is heart purely just a euphemism?

no she is desperately in love with him like a child

she is annoying me more than I thought 

Just now, December said:

I thought it looked like something a junior high school-aged girl would do, and it made me sad for her. 

1 minute ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

I thought it looked like something a junior high school-aged girl would do, and it made me sad for her. 

I loved he tried to hide it from the camera... 

3 hours ago, Bim said:

So true, Im so sick of the editing. in each episode its only like 5 minutes of actual stuff. The rest is just repeating the same talking heads over and over again "teasing" what they're going to show later in the episode. 

Did we really need all that build up about baby proofing? 

Plus its all staged, if it wasn't before, now they're not even hiding it. 

I have a huge tolerance for crappy tv, but even I can't figure out why this is still on the air. 

There is a reminder from the parrot.  You do not have to start a new post for every thought.  It's quite fine to save them up to make a real paragraph 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived