IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

I just hate how they move their relationships so quickly...just to get to sex.  And this somehow makes them super "Godly?"  They marry people they barely know! There's no way to build any sort of strong foundation for a healthy marriage when they are together so little before getting married. And they aren't ALONE at all. There has to be more than physical attraction to have a good, lasting marriage. And "my daddy likes him" isn't a good reason either.

I know I've said this a million times before and I'll keep saying it with each new, ridiculous "courtship" that comes along.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you all are right about Jessa and Ben. They should've just screwed instead of getting married so they could screw. Jessa has figured out she is married to a man child and she's stuck with him the rest of her life.

Then Jeremy comes along. An actual MAN who is not only handsome but worldly and has a real college education with an ability to speak without sounding high as a kite in space. She sees what she COULD have had if she had waited a little longer. Now Jinger, submissive follower of Jessa since toddlerhood Jinger, is marrying way better than Jessa and I bet it's eating her up. Jessa got pregnant so quickly after Spurg because those two obviously hatefuck like all other unhappily married couples in the world. I mean they aren't allowed to masturbate and definitely can't cheat, so of course they will keep screwing even though they don't like one another. Bin knows Jessa thinks he's a child and nags him until he can't stand it. The resentment will build over the years until they can't even say to words to each other. Maybe by then Boob will be half senile and they can live separately without the parents finding out. 

My theory on Jill is that she's afraid of Zika but won't admit it because she needs to give it to God. And her constant worrying about possibly having a child with microcephaly would mean she isn't putting her faith completely in God. Because he can't give you more than you can handle, right? And yeah, they aren't going back to CA unless it's a Duggar vacation trip to paint the nails of little girls and hand out soccer balls 

4 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I certainly agree that Jessa and Ben don't seem to have the hots for each other anymore, but then the fact they are having a baby again so soon throws a wrench in there. Maybe the baby was just a fluke, and they're going with it, or Jessa had to be joyfully available. I wouldn't be surprised if there is major resentment under the surface.

perhaps he is not a morning person and jessa makes him make her breakfast every day while she sits there and tells him what to do. 

Could be true. 

I am not surprised by her morning attitude - this is Jessa 

Where was Jana when "jinge" announced her courtship - it was less dramatic than when Jessa announced. 

I bet she was in the laundry room banging her head against the wall. 

and I just realized they dropped Jessa and Jill in counting on title - why because they figured out they want more of the entire family.  Insane 

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think you all are right about Jessa and Ben. They should've just screwed instead of getting married so they could screw. Jessa has figured out she is married to a man child and she's stuck with him the rest of her life.

Then Jeremy comes along. An actual MAN who is not only handsome but worldly and has a real college education with an ability to speak without sounding high as a kite in space. She sees what she COULD have had if she had waited a little longer. Now Jinger, submissive follower of Jessa since toddlerhood Jinger, is marrying way better than Jessa and I bet it's eating her up. Jessa got pregnant so quickly after Spurg because those two obviously hatefuck like all other unhappily married couples in the world. I mean they aren't allowed to masturbate and definitely can't cheat, so of course they will keep screwing even though they don't like one another. Bin knows Jessa thinks he's a child and nags him until he can't stand it. The resentment will build over the years until they can't even say to words to each other. Maybe by then Boob will be half senile and they can live separately without the parents finding out. 

My theory on Jill is that she's afraid of Zika but won't admit it because she needs to give it to God. And her constant worrying about possibly having a child with microcephaly would mean she isn't putting her faith completely in God. Because he can't give you more than you can handle, right? And yeah, they aren't going back to CA unless it's a Duggar vacation trip to paint the nails of little girls and hand out soccer balls 

Stopped bolding the assertions becusse my finger got crampy.

So you know:

• what Jessa has figured out regarding Ben
  • That Jeremy is a better catch she could have had if she'd waited
  • that she's jealous of her sister
  • That they obviously hate fuck
  • that all unhappy couple obviously hatefuck
  • that they don't masturbate
  • that they don't like each other
  • that their marriage will culminate in silent resentment

You either have an amazing gift of supernatural insight and prescience to be able to ascertain all this about strangers from a scripted 'reality' show and some pics online or...

you're fanwanking these people so much it's become real for you.   

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I have random thought. People are saying that Jinger and Jeremy obviously are hot for each other, have chemistry, etc. Isn't it likely that the Duggars are going to be hot for any person that Daddy has determined they should court? Isn't that what is expected? I have a hard time believing that the Duggars are awesome at choosing those they have perfect chemistry with on the first try every single time. I think you could mix and match the Duggar spouses and the outcome would likely be the same as there is nothing hotter in their world than to court someone who has been chosen by Daddy and, allegedly, God. It just bothers me that it is thought that they have chosen the perfect person to spend their lives with when that person was actually the only option they are allowed. 

Setting Jer and Jing aside, as there is not enough data to form an opinion, IMO, I think that Jill and Derick are a solid match. The others, Anna and Josh and Jessa and Ben are not. Interesting that the most (seemingly) compatible couple has the fewest number of children. I think it would be best if they all worked on having  solid marital foundations and bonds before they bring so many dependents (or more dependents) into the picture.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

you're fanwanking these people so much it's become real for you.   

famwanking -that it has become real to you - I love this - I love this so much because sometimes its true but then you wake up and realize these are crazy people -so you step away and bam they aren't 

:D

9 hours ago, Alachantal said:

Part of me kinda hopes one of the boys goes OTR (On the road) as theyd definitely get away from th4 family and see things they wouldn't normally and would give them an ability to "escape" with ease.  But you know they'd run as a team with one of their brothers and they'd probably never really talk to any other drivers... and you HAVE to talk to other drivers to learn and network out here on the road. Can you imagine the Duggar boys reaction to a lot lizard knocking on the cab door at 2am at the truck stop? LMFAO 

thank you, this is amazing.  i am a huge 'always sunny' fan and until now i half thought they made up the term in the episode where mac and dennis are mistaken for lot lizards. its the only time i've ever heard this phrase and thought it was hilarious. so happy to know this is a real term thrown around in the trucking world!!

18 hours ago, socalrules said:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I have random thought. People are saying that Jinger and Jeremy obviously are hot for each other, have chemistry, etc. Isn't it likely that the Duggars are going to be hot for any person that Daddy has determined they should court? Isn't that what is expected? I have a hard time believing that the Duggars are awesome at choosing those they have perfect chemistry with on the first try every single time. I think you could mix and match the Duggar spouses and the outcome would likely be the same as there is nothing hotter in their world than to court someone who has been chosen by Daddy and, allegedly, God. It just bothers me that it is thought that they have chosen the perfect person to spend their lives with when that person was actually the only option they are allowed. 

To be frank, Jinger seems twelve to me. Those "I love you"s came so incredibly quickly. I mean, think of it. You're denied any sort of sexual thought for the first twenty or so years of your life, then a handsome, older, Godly preacher man is ~*iNtErEsTeD*~ in you? It doesn't matter how compatible they are for marriage- these people marry because of their initial infatuation. So I agree with you- JimBob doesn't magically choose the perfect spouse every time. Obviously it hasn't worked with Ben and Jessa or Anna and Josh.

13 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

thank you, this is amazing.  i am a huge 'always sunny' fan and until now i half thought they made up the term in the episode where mac and dennis are mistaken for lot lizards. its the only time i've ever heard this phrase and thought it was hilarious. so happy to know this is a real term thrown around in the trucking world!!

I've worked in Transportation since the early 90's Lot lizard has been around since long before that.  and it is/was my understanding that Lot Lizards are where the street hookers go when they are old and used up. 

18 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

To be frank, Jinger seems twelve to me. Those "I love you"s came so incredibly quickly. I mean, think of it. You're denied any sort of sexual thought for the first twenty or so years of your life, then a handsome, older, Godly preacher man is ~*iNtErEsTeD*~ in you? It doesn't matter how compatible they are for marriage- these people marry because of their initial infatuation. So I agree with you- JimBob doesn't magically choose the perfect spouse every time. Obviously it hasn't worked with Ben and Jessa or Anna and Josh.

Most people can tell anyone that marrying just to have sex is 2nd dumbest reason , the 1st dumbest is you already had sex and are now knocked up. IMO fuck like bunnies on lots of birth control date all you want and when you find that one you want to be around all the time no matter if you are screwing or not, marry that one. 

So there's a first look of next week's episode on the FB page and they finally admitted that courtship rules are set by the "family as a whole" AKA Boob and J'Chelle. 

Although in the next shot Jinger tried to say that each child makes their own rules. Nice try, we all know the truth 

And I finally have to admit that there's something about Jeremy that bothers me. Maybe it's the maturity gap between the two and the fact that he seems intense. Well, at least he's hot.

19 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I just hate how they move their relationships so quickly...just to get to sex.  And this somehow makes them super "Godly?"  They marry people they barely know! There's no way to build any sort of strong foundation for a healthy marriage when they are together so little before getting married.

I could not agree more. This says more about the parents attitude to sex than anything else, we are all sinners and can't possibly keep it in our pants for longer than it takes to defrost an ice-cream cake and call it a wedding reception.

(It occurs to me that ice-cream cake doesn't need defrosting ;) )

It doesn't matter if 3 months down the line the lust dies down cos by then they'll be knocked up and stuck together for life.

Poor sods.

Finally watched this. Oh god. So boring. 

My takeaways: 

1. The Dillard's definitely come off as the happier family. Though I too am curious as to what happened to make Jill so afraid to leave the house. 

2. Typing spurgeon is a lot different than actually hearing it referring to a real human being.  Why did you do this Ben?

3. JD seems like an alright Duggar. He actually works and does not come off as incredibly smug. Also he definitely lost weight and is looking pretty good. 

4. Joe looks so much like Jim Bob I can't handle it. 

5. If the fake baby proofing story line is any indication it looks like this season is going to keep last season's unique trait of addressing criticism by simultaneously being right on the nose while completely missing the mark. Should be fun. 

Also the flashback to Bin's courtship request reminded me how gross that scene makes me feel. It's so obvious that Jim Bob gets off more on that than even mini golf :output_eeMbjt:

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

So there's a first look of next week's episode on the FB page and they finally admitted that courtship rules are set by the "family as a whole" AKA Boob and J'Chelle. 

Although in the next shot Jinger tried to say that each child makes their own rules. Nice try, we all know the truth 

And I finally have to admit that there's something about Jeremy that bothers me. Maybe it's the maturity gap between the two and the fact that he seems intense. Well, at least he's hot.

I love how jessa cavalierly says "it was a monday" like we would believe her 

and we get another version of what courting is - these people are insane 

My DD suffered through about ten minutes of CO and said it was nothing but 19 Kids Reloaded. Who does TLC think it is fooling?

8 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My DD suffered through about ten minutes of CO and said it was nothing but 19 Kids Reloaded. Who does TLC think it is fooling?

and the more jessa goes on and on about how they walked through last year I want to push someone of a cliff 

mainly josh and anna 

she should stop saying that - we don't believe -

2 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

you have to use Jeremy's name for "Jinge" in fact that is her name got it.!!!

And i took one for the team and bought the people magazine with The Seewalds on the partial cover. 

22 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I just hate how they move their relationships so quickly...just to get to sex.  And this somehow makes them super "Godly?"  They marry people they barely know! There's no way to build any sort of strong foundation for a healthy marriage when they are together so little before getting married. And they aren't ALONE at all. There has to be more than physical attraction to have a good, lasting marriage. And "my daddy likes him" isn't a good reason either.

I know I've said this a million times before and I'll keep saying it with each new, ridiculous "courtship" that comes along.

You know, you may be on to something. I think we have some excellent cross-over episode material here. I'm thinking we cross Counting On with Married at First Sight. It's basically true already! Instead of the normal panel that matches the couples, we throw JB in there to make the call. No courtship rules needed because they won't have the opportunity to see each other, hold hands or (God forbid!!) kiss! He can try it out on Jana. Then they can really go 0 to 60 - meet him at the alter. They already can't get divorced so I don't see the problem! :pb_lol:  Tell me this wouldn't be more interesting than what they have "planned" this season!

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

If the fake baby proofing story line is any indication it looks like this season is going to keep last season's unique trait of addressing criticism by simultaneously being right on the nose while completely missing the mark. Should be fun. 

This sentence is a thing of beauty.  This is the season overview, summation, explanation, trial and judgement.  

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Finally watched this. Oh god. So boring. 

My takeaways: 

1. The Dillard's definitely come off as the happier family. Though I too am curious as to what happened to make Jill so afraid to leave the house. 

2. Typing spurgeon is a lot different than actually hearing it referring to a real human being.  Why did you do this Ben?

3. JD seems like an alright Duggar. He actually works and does not come off as incredibly smug. Also he definitely lost weight and is looking pretty good. 

4. Joe looks so much like Jim Bob I can't handle it. 

5. If the fake baby proofing story line is any indication it looks like this season is going to keep last season's unique trait of addressing criticism by simultaneously being right on the nose while completely missing the mark. Should be fun. 

Also the flashback to Bin's courtship request reminded me how gross that scene makes me feel. It's so obvious that Jim Bob gets off more on that than even mini golf :output_eeMbjt:

I agree...it's very entertaining when they miss the mark...which is pretty much always.

I am going to hold out some hope on a proper car seat usage storyline.

18 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I agree...it's very entertaining when they miss the mark...which is pretty much always.

I am going to hold out some hope on a proper car seat usage storyline.

My favorite from last season was their attempt to address the complaint that Jana is a slave. Their response: "oh no no she doesn't just cook and take care of the children. Here's a whole bunch of other stuff we make her do!"  And even then they just had her stand and talk about it while her brothers did everything. 

So in the end they didn't address the right critism (they addressed her only cooking and taking care of children rather than her being a slave) and then they even failed with that because they never actually showed her doing anything other than cooking and taking care of children. 

I liked (well, hated) when they showed they were "good" pet owners by taking their dog to get a bath. Blech. It was clear that poor dog was starved for attention. And the episode made it even more apparent. Especially when Michelle said "I think he was happy to get the attention."  Sad that your dog is super excited about 10 minutes of attention during a bath.

In the look at next week's episode, I found it interesting that Michelle is shown coming into Ben & Jessa's house with JB, Jinge & Jeremy and then she is shown leaving but she isn't shown taking part in the conversation. Not one bit, not even a glimpse and it's not because she's taking care of the baby. JB is holding him. 

They also show B & J trying to look more lovey-dovey and holding hands on the couch. It's just so obvious that they see people commenting about how B&J don't look like they even care for each other so they have them snuggling & holding hands on the couch. Either it's all for the viewers or Jessa's jealous and trying to prove she's as infatuated with her husband as Jinger is with Jeremy.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:45 PM, MargaretElliott said:

A dinosaur coloring book. I feel like they are, but I have to ask- they're creationists, right? Evolution isn't real and God made the earth in seven days? I mean if you believe that, go for it- but I do wonder what their beliefs concerning dinosaurs are. And how they explain dinosaurs to their kids.

They've all been to the Creation Museum where they explain that the reason there are all these dinosaur bones around is because there WERE dinosaurs, but they all got swallowed up in the flood that Noah built the ark to survive. They were too big for the ark, so they all got killed but the bones are now left to discover.

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived