IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

Who ever thought we would see this title?

Buzzard will be joining us shortly with the first recap of the season.

Season Two Episode 1: A Courtship Begins

On the season premiere of Counting On, Jessa and Ben discuss future additions to their growing family as Jill and Derick face hardships while continuing mission work in Central America. Jinger gets ready to take a big step with a special someone!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, I just turned on the preview counting up to show - and it is the dayam "fancy potatoes" scene.  OMG.  

I am happy to report on advertisers showing on TLC in Canada.  I'm watching the "countdown to new season" episode now.... which I think is just clips from last season, but since I only watched two episodes last season I'm not complaining.

So happy to come to FJ for the first time in a month and see this thread already started- Thank you, Coconut Flan!

Can someone explain the preview thing thats going on right now? Counting Down to Counting On Is this reruns from the last season? 

1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

OK. Thanks for taking one for FJ (how did you ever get roped into this in the first place?)

It was YEARS ago.  I'm not sure exactly how it evolved!

3 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Can someone explain the preview thing thats going on right now? Counting Down to Counting On Is this reruns from the last season? 

nothing to explain - recap of the whole damn last show - with one moment of Jeremy talking to Jinger 

and jessa spewing about adoption 

and jill did a video with her family and a crying spud congratulating Jessa 

Just now, nst said:

nothing to explain - recap of the whole damn last show - with one moment of Jeremy talking to Jinger 

and jessa spewing about adoption 

How is it a recap if literally nothing is happening? Is this what season 1 was? Jeez. I mean come on, it's like 20 minutes of them eating dinner  and discussing what Scalllopini is. 

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

How is it a recap if literally nothing is happening? Is this what season 1 was? Jeez. I mean come on, it's like 20 minutes of them eating dinner  and discussing what Scalllopini is. 

You're going to be in for a big disappointment with the Season 2 premiere then... :my_cry:

In reference to the Napiers. "They adopted their oldest from Africa..." Look, I know they might not disclose the child's country of birth for privacy or legal reasons, but it always irritates me when people refer to Africa as a homogeneous entity. There's so many different countries and cultures.

Also, I am LOVING Derick's hair. His Instagram pictures didn't prepare me for full Hippie Jesus. I bet JimBob hates it. Therefore, I love it.

Jill is talking about El Salvador as if it's a war zone like Syria or Afghanistan...

Man, I haven't seen a Duggar TV thing in years, and somehow I found myself changing my Guide favorites so I could figure out what channel TLC is.

This show is so dull. I watch the Bateseses because they're a hoot, but this plays like a homemade version of one of those segments on an old TBN show starring Jack and whatserface Van Impe, about baby-proofing, and geopolitical instability. I do quite like Derick's drummer hair.

and what exactly are they DOING in El Salvador now?

Counting on - A courtship begins (aka - we sold off another one)

We open with Bin cooking and Jessa playing wtih the spurge on the couch.

We're treated to a bunch of pictures and Jessa cooing about how difference love is for your own kid.  

Yet again, she uses the "shake you in like a pillow case" line and puts him in his pants.  She tells us that he's starting to crawl but not fully.

Jessa wants 3 eggs, Bin cooks and tells us that the napiers are coming over for them to babysit.

Flashback to them discussing adoption over dinner (last season).  They adopted some brown children... 

Jessa "has it on our hearts" and they discussed that before they were even married.

Flashback to the discussion of orphanages.

Jessa ponders baby proofing - like outlet covers and door handle covers (that she cant barely figure out).  They need to do it soon anyway, and since the kids are coming over TONIGHT they should get on it.

Bin cooks... shot of Izzy destroying the kitchen in CA.  Jessa explains that Izzy can climb.  Derick picks him up.  ... He pulls off the laundry...

Jessa tells us that jill and derick are in CA and its different there because they need insect traps for the bad shit that lives there.  "Different challeges."

Jessa - Its really exciting being in the same stage of life as jill.  Its a challenge though because we cant connect as often as we'd like.

Bin finishes scrambling eggs.  He wonders if they can babyproof.  Jessa says jinger is coming.  Bin suggests Anna come too.  Jessa thinks thats a good idea since Anna knows her shit vs fads. #duggarsafetyrulez

The napiers are coming at 5... 

In DANGEROUS SINTRAL AMERIKA

Jill reminds us that they are missionaries.  Derick says they've been there 10 montsh.  Its challenging because they're in a fucking jungle that doesnt honor their door.  Tarantulas, scorpiins and the "geopolitical instability" (HOLY SHIT BIG WORDS DERICK! DID YOU PRACTICE THAT?)

Sad musak and little brown children... Jill says now she has to have people over cuz its scary to be out with Israel because "hes a gringo and he stands out and that brings risk."

She walks in the room and talks to Izzy in a baby voice eleventy octaves above her voice.   He's eating lots of "mush" - avocados, carrots, bananas... 

Jill reads him a book... Derick sasys he's doing better with words like "banana."  Izzy says it.  I have no idea wTF derrick is wearing on his head, some kind of headband...

Jill says that "one of the side effects for rainy season is power outages..."  and water outages.  It has been out for 3 days.  Dishes and laundry stack up.  She whispers that its time for a disposable diaper for izzy.  She sits on the floor playing with him.  

Derick -they miss friends and family and the US... Jill does laundry... they look foward to returning pretty soon but "this is wehre god has us right now"

2 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Man, I haven't seen a Duggar TV thing in years, and somehow I found myself changing my Guide favorites so I could figure out what channel TLC is.

This show is so dull. I watch the Bateseses because they're a hoot, but this plays like a homemade version of one of those segments on an old TBN show starring Jack and whatserface Van Impe, about baby-proofing, and geopolitical instability. I do quite like Derick's drummer hair.

jessa at the kitchen table is almost the equivalent as when the camera man followed her into the bathroom 

Just now, holierthanyou said:

and what exactly are they DOING in El Salvador now?

doing the laundry and afraid to leave the house 

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived