IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

It will be interesting to see what they do when the kids get a bit older. The second generation Ds are more worldly. No more crunchy perms and frumpers. There are all sorts of Christian sports leagues these days, not to mention homeschool social groups. I am sure Jinger's boys will play soccer. In fact there have been teams in IWSL, (travel league in northern Illinois) put together by a local mega church. Footies never lose their passion for THE GAME. We have local Christian theater groups and many kids who participate are homeschooled. I think most of the Duggar kid's families will be less isolated.

I was hoping it was Milo. It seems impossible to dislike a person named Milo.

Look up Milo Yiannopoulos and your mind will be changed.

Seriously though I feel like Jessa and Bin are the types to choose old fashioned names that they think sound refined but are just dated.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ace3 said:

9 hours ago, Ace3 said:

It is not. Should have written that one down. :tw_grimace:

It's Milo!

It would probably be Mylo, don't worry.

I think Milo is a cute name.

Unfortunately my brain always adds "and Otis" to it, but I think that's just my age. Older and younger people wouldn't have such a strong association.

I think of Milo Hoffman, the main character in the movie Antitrust. But then I used to have a HUGE crush on Ryan Phillipe years ago.

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'm going to go with Harambe Seewald.

NOOOO! I'm saving Harambe for my hypothetical first born that I hope I never ever have. I would be crushed if people thought I was copying Jessa and Bin.

I think they'll continue the family tradition of naming gimmicks, but change the gimmick itself. Instead of a letter they will go for all preacher surnames.

Trigger Warning- Possible BEC to follow

Jessa will of course present it as a quirky rebellious act, because she's in serious denial about being a drone. Meanwhile, Jichelle and Jim Job, will have a little "oh, bless her fiesty heart" moment, because Jess is just kooky like that.

They all seem to think that she's a manic pixie dream girl, but real life mpdg's have DUI class and love syncopation.

6 hours ago, twinmama said:

She wants to adopt like a 12 year old wants to adopt. "Ohhh the cute adorable wonderful babies that don't have mommies! I'll save them all!" But hasn't given it one iota of thought. I still think the only way any of the Duggars will ever adopt is if some knocked up fundy girl gives them her baby. No Duggar is going to have a brown baby! Can you imagine the sins that baby would carry from their parents!? (this is sarcasm about their beliefs, NOT my beliefs! just in case)

Baby isn't here yet! Don't count your February birthdays before they're born, says the mama whose babes were due mid-Feb and born barely into December.

Doing quick math based on Jessa's interviews, Godman Seewald is due mid-late (more on the later side) of February. She went a few days late with Spud, and if she has no pre-natal care, as it appeared was the case last time with the unattended birth, she could go into March! God help her if baby and Smuggar have the same birthday: I think it's March 4, but I'd have to look that up to be positive. That would be totally icky. 

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I came up with a plot line for Jinger's wedding already:

- A beautiful outdoor October reception is threatened by rain... And Sierra can't find anyone renting tents! But disaster is averted when the rain blows through overnight.

For the showers:

- It's the morning of Jinger's coffee themed Bridal Shower and one of Sierra's helpers forgot to buy coffee and get extra coffee makers! Joy and Sierra have to scramble to find enough coffee and coffee makers. In the end, they its order a shitload from Starbucks or that coffee place Bin loves.

- Jessa and Ben are excited to celebrate at a second baby shower (because grifting is fun y'all!) But someone forgot to put the registry information into the invitations! Sierra tries her best to get the information out ahead of time, but they still end up with four car seats that are exactly the same. 

- Insert oddly colored Flamingos somewhere. Just because. 

And the crisis is averted when they return three to the store share them out amongst Jessa's sisters/SIL.

What's bugging me most right now is the leghumpers who spout crap but know absolutely ZERO about the Duggars actual beliefs/practices. Fun to point them in the direction of facts and watch them flounder

It's not my place to say who is to have kids and who isn't, but this news is just TERRIBLE! None of them have a job, they act like 15 year olds and I'm just f-cking insulted by their way of going about things.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And Erin's kids are 15 months apart. The same as Jessa's soon to be kids. Everyone I know with kids that close in age had a complete blur of a first year after their second was born. It's just constant work and little sleep. 

My boys are 27 months apart and I had a tough first year with them.  My older has always been high needs and my younger never slept, he still doesn't sleep! And over the winter when both of your young children are sick at the same time, you basically want to run away to a deserted island and never come back. 

Spurg is easy. Jessa is going to be shocked by how hard it will be to find time to do her hair and make up every day. I think Jessa will be trimming off a few inches of that long ass mane, wearing hats, and using messy buns as her go to hair solutions for 2017. There's no way she can keep up with all that hair with two babies (and a man child) at home.

These are my thoughts exactly. Spurgeon seems like a super low-maintenance baby. My son was a colic baby and didn't sleep a full night until he was about 2 years old. I could never leave his side for the first year and he was always fussing. I decided when he was around 2 that I wasn't going to have another one until he could be more independent. Now when I'm a single mom, I think I may try for artificial insemination when my son is around 7-8 years old and can be more aware of what is going on.

When baby nr 2 arrives and it's a fussy baby, maybe they will understand! The sleep deprivation will definitely take its toll.

9 hours ago, season of life said:

They have birthdays in all of the 12 months now. Before Baby Seewald #2, no one in the family had a February birthday. 

Maybe February is the holy month of Gothard........... baby number 2 will prove God's existence by hanging on until March ;) 

On the second month they rested or some such nonsense :pb_lol:

I think they'll go with another missionary/evangelist name.

Hidson?

oops sorry, phone typing. Hudson. But Bin and Hidson would be good together ;)

Jill must be chewing on her own liver that Jessa beat her in the race to baby number two. I  still think Jill was so badly torn up by Israel's birth that she won't have an easy time getting pregnant again, if she is even capable. No, I don't have access to her medical records but I have thought this from the time Izzy was born. Not like Jill and Derick have had much to do as pseudo-missionaries who still seem to speak very little Spanish despite extensive immersion courses in a Spanish speaking country. 

I found it pretty ironic when Jill acted like, oh, no I am not pregnant again yet, that is what everyone always wants to know with a bit of impatient pout in a past episode of Counting On. When pumping out babies is your entire claim to fame, what did she expect? 

I don't remotely expect the second Sewald baby to be a reality check. J&B don't live in anything approaching reality and as long as they are in the little house down the road from her family they won't have any lack of free babysitting. 

The threads are moving much too fast for me to keep up, so apologies if someone has already pointed this out, but this is certainly the closest spacing the second generation Duggars have yet (followed by Mack+Michael, 20 months), and rather closer than a lot of Michelle's pregnancies, which I think averaged around 18-20 months?  I'm actually surprised - I had expectd further spacing/fewer children.

Well, the speculation, while questionable in its practice, wasn't unfounded. The snarky side of me is thinking "Jillymuffin's head must be exploding right now" but I don't know. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that Jill might be conflicted between wanting to follow in her parents' footsteps but maybe not necessarily be dying to have another baby. As was mentioned, Spurge seems like an easy baby, which lucky Jessa. But Jill had to have emergency surgery, plus it sounds like Israel was somewhere in between a more "typical" baby and a little more fussy. Maybe I'm giving Jill too much credit, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if, for all of her talk, she was really wondering if she actually wants to go through that again so soon.

Maybe that's just me projecting though, I had an emergency c-section, dealt with the NICU for a month and a half, and my little guy is gassy and has reflux plus he isn't sleeping through the night yet and it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. I love my child and want another someday, but I'm also glad I got a 3 year IUD so it will be at least that long until I get pregnant again.

Unless Jessa is just super lucky and gets another easy baby, she's in for quite a rude awakening. Even still, it probably won't be easy. Won't the terrible twos be on the horizon for Spurgeon by the time the baby gets here?

The threads are moving much too fast for me to keep up, so apologies if someone has already pointed this out, but this is certainly the closest spacing the second generation Duggars have yet (followed by Mack+Michael, 20 months), and rather closer than a lot of Michelle's pregnancies, which I think averaged around 18-20 months?  I'm actually surprised - I had expectd further spacing/fewer children.

Michelle had Jinger 13.5 months after Jessa, then Joseph 13 months after THAT, and Jill was born 16 months after Jana and JD, so while it's true this is the closest spacing of her generation, her mother did have some closer births.

Remember Michelle was using BC early in her marriage, too. No, I don't think this affected her fertility in any way, but it means that she was about Jessa's age when she got her proper QF start, and as she got older her fertility would have dropped and increased the spacing between kids.

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I was hoping it was Milo. It seems impossible to dislike a person named Milo.

Milo is a very cool name! I fathered four girls so I never had a chance to name a boy, but Milo seems cool!

Didn't we establish after her last birth that she wasn't supposed to have another home birth (per Arkansas's midwifery laws) because of the hemorrhage she had? My own blessing has me too tired to dig it up but I'm pretty sure it was either that or it was only allowed with a physician's approval.

2 hours ago, adidas said:

I think they'll go with another missionary/evangelist name.

Hidson?

oops sorry, phone typing. Hudson. But Bin and Hidson would be good together ;)

I can never see the name Hudson (which isn't that bad of a name, really) of a local, polluted river in NYS. I've seen people go swimming/wading in it; you couldn't pay me with enough TTC to do the same. (That being said, though, it can be pretty at times.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived