IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

15 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

In case B&J are having twins, there are Calvinist theologians named Stonehouse and Barnhouse.

Reminds me of a line from the Mel Brooks movie, Robin Hood, Men In Tights:

(please forgive if this isn't 100% correct, but it's pretty close)

"Why did your parents call you Latrine?"
"It's better than being called Brick Shithouse."

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief. You'd think after that horrific first birth experience Jessa might put her foot down a bit.

*j-sigh*

1 hour ago, Ace3 said:

Oh good! I wasn't sure because my family hates it. Oh well, not their kiddo.

Haha yeah Milo and Eliza are names that I like :) Good choice for your son!

If it is a boy, I vote for Increase Mather, perfect name for a Duggar spawn.

I bet Cinderjana was stuck adding that modesty hemline to Jessa's dress.

21 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

In the announcement on their website they said "Having Spurgeon has been such a wonderful blessing and we cannot wait to see the face of this sweet new baby (or babies!)."

Yes, I'm aware she said that. But she said that with Spud, too. She's just trying to drum up leghumper interest. I read nothing more than attention-grabbing into her quote. 

eta: Until she actually produces twins, I'm just going to consider her the Girl Who Cries Wolf (or Twins) . 

20 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

If I were her I would be more worried about him spraying that air freshener or whatever in his eyes or mouth. Those sort or chemical things shouldn't be within a child's reach at all. Hope they don't leave dishwasher pods out too like too many people seem to do these days.

That was the first thing I thought as well.  I'm paranoid about little kids being able to reach dangerous chemicals and medications.  He should not have been able to grab any of those things.  

32 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I helped. :pb_biggrin::dance:

You've been such a help lately @VelociRapture. Another gold star for you. :tw_star:

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

She cried twins the last time too. I'll believe it if and when they pop out. 

One day she'll actually be pregnant with quadruplets and none of us will believe her:56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

I think Ben and Jessa will indeed follow Jinger and Jeremy to Laredo and both girls will continue to have babies and will open their own Jesus daycare in Laredo and do God's work alongside preachers Jeremy and Ben.

10 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

She cried twins the last time too. I'll believe it if and when they pop out. 

I know. I don't know what it is with these idiots and their "maybe it will be twins!" crap every single time.

Hahaha maybe because they realize how sucky labor is and don't want to go through it as often - hence- twins : P Two for the price of one Hahaha

6 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I feel like twins is some sort of weird status symbol for them or something.

It is. It shows God blessed you with two and you can fill your quivers quicker.

6 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I feel like twins is some sort of weird status symbol for them or something.

I would imagine it is. God thinks we are so great that he gave us two at once! 

I just hope Jessa delivers at a hospital. I couldn't tolerate hearing Michelle's "Mama bleeding after childbirth" 911 call again..

11 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I just hope Jessa delivers at a hospital. I couldn't tolerate hearing Michelle's "Mama bleeding after childbirth" 911 call again..

Her lack of emotion was just infuriating to me. Michelle probably didn't think the 911 call would be released to the public.... So she showed her true feelings. 

19 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

"Twenty... four. Jessa is 24" Said like 12 hours after her 23rd birthday

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Obviously, I know that people think that. I was just pointing out that it is pretty stupid to make that assumption. The only reason is to pretend there is drama. Which I suppose, given how boring the show is (and always has been) feels necessary if one is to keep watching it. 

You want intentional attention grabbing by a sibling. I give you my sister-in-law's stunt upon the news of our engagement and impending June wedding, this happened just a bit less than 8 years ago: 

She moved her loser boyfriend into her house (without her landlord's knowledge which almost resulted in her eviction) and announced to the world that they were engaged. Once we set our wedding date for early June, she then set a May wedding date, just a few weeks before it and bragged to everyone that people would be so "wedding-ed out" after hers that ours would be an after thought. She posted their alleged wedding date in her business for the whole town to see. She upstaged any discussion of our wedding with bragging about how great hers was going to be. 

There was one problem: the potential groom didn't really know this was going on. (He was an alcoholic and gambling addict immersed in his own world and using her for sex and a free place to live). At Christmas that year, she bought herself an engagement ring and diamond necklace, wrapped it up and put it under the tree with "from BF" on the gift tag. This was when he, awkwardly, realized that all of her getting married talk was serious. He took off to Arizona just before New Year's Eve and she hasn't seen him since. She did however miss the cash he stole from her and meet his bookie who wanted paid. 

Of course, she then spend months wanting everyone to participate in mourning her tragically broken engagement. It was her fourth broken engagement, although the first three were much more conventional in that the men actually proposed and were aware of the proceedings. 

That my friends is how you dramatically try to upstage your sibling's engagement. 

Goddamn.... What a peach. Did she ever find someone to actually marry her?

Just now, Mela99 said:

Goddamn.... What a peach. Did she ever find someone to actually marry her?

No. She currently is dating a boy who is 26 going on 14. 

4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I don't mind if you all point and laugh at the childless person here, but how is looking after 2 kids harder than 1. Especially if one of those is a new baby. I've got friends who have kids and new babies don't seem to do much, they sleep a lot, need nappy changes and feeding but that's about it.

Mine are the same age, but I'd imagine a toddler and a newborn is like having a full time job that already takes up your entire work day. Then someone dumps a second full time job you have to incorporate into your workflow. 

3 hours ago, Ace3 said:

That makes me laugh because Erin Paine JUST posted this on IG - not all rainbows and sunshine, is it?  :pb_lol:

Hide contents

IMG_1861.PNG

This is hysterical. Sooo been there. My kids never stuffed anything into the toilet (at least not yet!), but one has a bad habit of forgetting to lift the lid to pee (they still sit to pee, they're only 4). Makes quite a mess and I am not looking forward to the day it happens when he has to poop. :(

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I kinda like the ring of Barnhouse Thomas Seewald

You can call him Barney! And Stone. Both ridiculous names, but still have better nicknames than Spurgeon!

So Spurge will have a buddy to sleep on the couch with, how exciting for him.  My first thought is what I've seen expressed here many times - go to a hospital this time Jessa, please.

Also imagining all the fun ahead for the show involving everyone's favorite party planner. Jinger's bridal shower plus another baby shower for Jessa, how will Sierra handle the pressure? What completely non fabricated disasters will happen this time? Will her best friend Joy be able to save the day? Can't wait to tune in and find out!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived