IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

6 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I don't mind if you all point and laugh at the childless person here, but how is looking after 2 kids harder than 1. Especially if one of those is a new baby. I've got friends who have kids and new babies don't seem to do much, they sleep a lot, need nappy changes and feeding but that's about it.

Sleep deprivation is a bitch. And have you ever been with an 18-month old? They need a lot of attention, they run around, they also have diapers, they cry, they need to be fed, and imagine having to do all of that after having slept two hours while having to hold your newborn. I would kill myself

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

Sleep deprivation is a bitch. And have you ever been with an 18-month old? They need a lot of attention, they run around, they also have diapers, they cry, they need to be fed, and imagine having to do all of that after having slept two hours while having to hold your newborn. I would kill myself

That and nursing is a marathon sport.... in the beginning they are slow eaters (typically) so a session can be an hour, then do that 4-7x a day! All the while the needy toddler is getting into stuff and needs to be chased about, has it's diapers changed, etc, etc. sometimes I'd think that twins would be easier than 15 months apart...at least they are in the same stage....but I couldn't tell ya! I have two singletons almost 4 years apart!

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

You know Jessa really really wants that little girl now. She is vain enough to want a little princess to make into dolled up mini Me.

Imagine the size of the flower headband!

10 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I don't mind if you all point and laugh at the childless person here, but how is looking after 2 kids harder than 1. Especially if one of those is a new baby. I've got friends who have kids and new babies don't seem to do much, they sleep a lot, need nappy changes and feeding but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

And imagine breastfeeding. As soon as you get settled into position with the baby, the toddler takes that moment to do something dangerous. Kids seem to sense when you can't react quickly and do the darnedest things at that moment.

Jordyn's not too young.  Jill was 7 when she became a sister mom.  Jordyn will be 8 in December.

But since Hannie is the oldest of the little girls...  she's up to bat.  Jenny can be shipped off to accompany Joy for babysitting duty for Izzy.  But let's be real.  All 4 girls got to help out with Anna's kids when they were at TTH

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is R C Sproul a Calvinist evangelist?

Doesn't "our two little boys, Spurgeon and Sproul" have a nice ring to it?

Spud and Sprout. Perfect.

7 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I hope baby 2 isn't born between 2/22 -2/28 so I don't share a birthday.... Intentionally being vague about my birthday ;)

So do I! #1 great-nephew is on the 22/2. #1 G-S offspring is on the 28/2. There are 26 more days to choose from Jessa!!

If she doesn't have a hospital birth this time I'll be pretty mad.

Can I put in a suggestion of Cthulhu?

I want to take this time to give an Atta Boy to Derick Dillard. He managed to move his family away from JB's direct, physical clutches and Izzy, as far as we know, might be the first Duggar Spawn aside from Josie, to make it to age 2 before having a younger sibling.

Maybe actually having to care for your child most of the time, was an eye opener for the Dillards.

Then again, we could all learn differently later today!

42 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Not surprised at all, I hope she has nothing but boys! Only 6 months to get preggo, Jessa is gonna beat Michelle by a mile, I see it coming. 

She had her 1st at 22, Michelle was 24, IIRC. MEchelle did have 2 twin pregnancies but Kelly Bates at all singletons, it can be done, but each one will be riskier and riskier. I really hope this slows the baby train down. Especially if J & D keep their family to a sane number, she won't have to compete with Jill anymore. 

Calling Buzzard

Would you be brave enough to do a re-cap of the new show for us folk across the pond?

Thank you eleventy!!!!! In advance.

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She had her 1st at 22, Michelle was 24, IIRC. MEchelle did have 2 twin pregnancies but Kelly Bates at all singletons, it can be done, but each one will be riskier and riskier. I really hope this slows the baby train down. Especially if J & D keep their family to a sane number, she won't have to compete with Jill anymore. 

Michelle was 21 with Josh - she turned 22 about 6 months after he was born. They married when she was 17 and she took birth control for the first four years of their marriage. The first set of twins were born 4 or so months after she turned 23 and she had a miscarriage in that time frame too.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I want to take this time to give an Atta Boy to Derick Dillard. He managed to move his family away from JB's direct, physical clutches and Izzy, as far as we know, might be the first Duggar Spawn aside from Josie, to make it to age 2 before having a younger sibling.

Maybe actually having to care for your child most of the time, was an eye opener for the Dillards.

Then again, we could all learn differently later today!

If they conceive right now then Izzy will be about 25 or 26 months old by the time a new baby arrives. So, fingers crossed?

31 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I feel bad for laughing at that story a bit. It's just SO over the top dramatic - it sounds like something from a sitcom, not actual life. I'm actually slightly impressed by the amount of effort she must have exerted to make such a mess. I hope you and husband had a wonderful wedding and she didn't proceed to fake labor or something in the middle of your vows.

(And I totally get your point too.)

The great part was that no one in the family--parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, us, literally no one--took any of it seriously. She was beside herself trying to make us take it seriously and pretty much got ignored. While we were making real plans (I got a dress, we booked the church and a venue, etc...), she was just talking about plans. After the first broken engagement in which she cancelled the wedding three days after mailing the invitations, her parents had made it abundantly clear that they were not paying a cent toward another one (they lost a fortune in deposits, plus had paid for the dress, invites, etc...), so she was on her own and had no money to pull the charade off. 

It did get awkward as a lot of my co-workers patronized her business and heard about her fake wedding plans and were a bit aghast that I was shrugging my shoulders and saying she was not really going to get married. 

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Michelle had smuggar at 21 

5 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Valentina or Valentino 

To normal, and more a name for the eventual Jinger/Jeremy baby for his italian roots.

I predict the will go the S root and something biblical. I'm not religious so don't really know any biblical names with S other then Sarah

27 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

I agree. I think it will be a breeze for her as long as she has a healthy baby. She literally has a lifetime of expierience.Sleep deprivation is awful, luckily Daddy is unemployed. It gets harder as they get a bit older. 

This is just my opinion, but for me having four kids was a lot easier a few years ago. The only thing I don't want to go through again is sleep deprivation and the constant vigilance involved watching those littles. 

41 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Maybe Jessa will name this baby since Ben named little Spurgie. They could flip-flop with each baby. Think about it... Spurgeon, Milo, Heistheway, Eliza..... What a nice family they'll be. 

I'm a little sad...my kids name is in that bunch =\

30 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

it is kind of something you can't explain/understand until you actually live it. You are chasing after #1 while dealing with #2.  With #1 I could put a blanket on the floor and lay him on it and he would sleep while I did odds and ends around the house, you put him down for a nap you can nap. you want to pick up but baby is fussy fine pick him up you still have 1 free arm.  Then #2 comes along, they never sleep at the same time, if one is crabby the other one will be to. You can't lay #2 down just anywhere because #1 will try to sit on her (now that may have just been my kids).  Neither one wants to share mommy, then when they are BOTH mobile, God forbid they would run a away from you in a store/park/parking lot/where ever  in the same direction.  With 1 kid you need 4 hands with 2 kids you need 2 parents with 4 hands each.  I don't know how you add a 3rd in that.  I'm not that good at math. 

Just now, MsSaylor said:

If they go with S maybe Solomon or Simon. Whoever said Sproul good god don't give them ideas. 

Well, Jessa said no letter theme for them. I think they should go with Moody. For Dwight Moody.

And to amuse the Anne of Green Gables fans here. 

3 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I agree. I think it will be a breeze for her as long as she has a healthy baby. She literally has a lifetime of expierience.Sleep deprivation is awful, luckily Daddy is unemployed. It gets harder as they get a bit older. 

This is just my opinion, but for me having four kids was a lot easier a few years ago. The only thing I don't want to go through again is sleep deprivation and the constant vigilance involved watching those littles. 

But that's because (I'm assuming here) that your kids have lives away from home....school, sports, outside activities, friends, homework...I had 2 kids plus a PT job, and I lived in my car for about 12 straight years.

I'm going to be painfully honest here. If I were Michelle I'd be PO'd. Jessa could conceivably have 10 kids and never have a laundry room melt down because she has so many  J-Slaves at her disposal. Jana may as well get married because no matter what, she's never going to get out of childcare and infant duty. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived