IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Definitely. I had an anterior placenta, so DD (baby #1) was against my spine. Even at 9 months, I didn't look very pregnant. Made for horrible back labor!

Yiu actually had a posterior placenta, not anterior. I have a posterior placenta and now I'm cringing at the thought of back labor being in my future.

The upside is that my tummy didn't really "pop" until close to a couple weeks ago - probably around 18 or 19 weeks. I'm still not fitting into maternity clothes right and I'm over 20 weeks now. Even better is that I've been feeling baby girl moving since late July. Husband felt her for the first time August 2nd (I was 16 weeks 3 days at that point.)

So I guess I'll take the potential back labor? Maybe? Someone hold me, feed me, and say it'll be ok? :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

There are a lot of factors that can make one woman's pregnant belly show up earlier or become larger or whatever. It seems like the baby's size doesn't really have much to do with it though. I mean, I'm sure in some cases it can. But overall, I think it's more to do with the mother's body type and muscle and all that.

Absolutely correct. I'm taller than my mother by 3-4 inches and I have a longer torso than her as a result. That, plus the new guidelines in pregnancy weight gain, means that I was much less likely to show as early as she did or have as big a bump - mostly because baby has more room to manuveer vertically. Women who are shorter - like Jessa - or who have shorter torsos may show earlier or grow bigger bumps simply because baby needs the extra room and can't get it vertically.

Then you can consider placenta placement. Mine is posterior, which means its closest to my spine. I can feel baby's movements much easier that way, but it also factored into my bump being a bit on the smaller side right now. Same with muscle tone for some moms - tighter or stronger muscles tend to snap back quicker and sometimes prevent a bump from showing sooner.

I'd think size of the baby wouldn't really matter much until later in the pregnancy. Up until the third trimester they aren't that big. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

There are a lot of factors that can make one woman's pregnant belly show up earlier or become larger or whatever. It seems like the baby's size doesn't really have much to do with it though. I mean, I'm sure in some cases it can. But overall, I think it's more to do with the mother's body type and muscle and all that.

That makes a lot of sense. The ultrasound tech mentioned that I had very strong stomach muscles, so I shouldn't expect to pop for another 4-5 weeks. Instead I just look like I might be pregnant, or maybe I'm just fat like that. LOL 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

/snip

Absolutely correct. I'm taller than my mother by 3-4 inches and I have a longer torso than her as a result. That, plus the new guidelines in pregnancy weight gain, means that I was much less likely to show as early as she did or have as big a bump - mostly because baby has more room to manuveer vertically. Women who are shorter - like Jessa - or who have shorter torsos may show earlier or grow bigger bumps simply because baby needs the extra room and can't get it vertically.

Then you can consider placenta placement. Mine is posterior, which means its closest to my spine. I can feel baby's movements much easier that way, but it also factored into my bump being a bit on the smaller side right now. Same with muscle tone for some moms - tighter or stronger muscles tend to snap back quicker and sometimes prevent a bump from showing sooner.

I'd think size of the baby wouldn't really matter much until later in the pregnancy. Up until the third trimester they aren't that big. 

I am actually rather short - only 5'4". That said, I have kinda tried to watch what I eat and with a job in retail as well as in an office, I'm on my feet about 20 hours a week up and down and round and round. Its a fairly good work out. I have no idea where my placenta is though... 

13 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Definitely. I had an anterior placenta, so DD (baby #1) was against my spine. Even at 9 months, I didn't look very pregnant. Made for horrible back labor!

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yiu actually had a posterior placenta, not anterior. I have a posterior placenta and now I'm cringing at the thought of back labor being in my future.

<snip>

KnittingOwl said the baby was against the spine, meaning placenta up front. So I think that is an anterior placenta.

Since yours is posterior....placenta in back, baby in front...so maybe you'd be less likely to have back labor?

I don't know though. I thought it ended up depending a lot on which way the baby is facing during labor.

43 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

KnittingOwl said the baby was against the spine, meaning placenta up front. So I think that is an anterior placenta.

Since yours is posterior....placenta in back, baby in front...so maybe you'd be less likely to have back labor?

I don't know though. I thought it ended up depending a lot on which way the baby is facing during labor.

Oh! I thought she meant her placenta was attached closer to her spine like mine. I haven't heard anyone refer to baby's position like that before - just the attachment of the placenta. Sorry!

I had back labor, and in my case it was because the baby was facing up (toward my belly) rather than down.  So the hard back of his head was pushing against my spine.  That was fun (not).

I popped super early.  I had a strong core, but am incredibly short waisted and have some spinal lordosis (swayback) so everything had nowhere to go but forward.  It was aggravating, since people could tell I was pg way earlier than I was comfortable announcing it.

My baby faced up too, but I actually didn't find that bit of the birth so hard. I wouldn't say it was fun, but at least something was happening and after the horribly painfull opening up phase everything felt easier. It had also been 53 hours so I just wanted him out!

I popped like ten years before I even got pregnant. :)

Carry most of my over weight on my stomach so I always look a bit pregnant, which was horrible during the five years we were trying to get pregnant. But good once I was since I could wait until after my 18 week scan to tell people. 

my baby was sunny side up as well, with his hand up by his face... I never had  "regular" contraction... 36ish hours of back labor, and not a one measured on the contraction monitor, lol. I ended up with an emergency c-section, because his heart rate dropped after I caved for an epidural, and wouldn't come back up, so i don't know how the actual delivery would have felt, but the labor was miserable.

19 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I assure you that I did not have a posterior placenta. :) That's the norm. Placenta towards spine and baby in front. 

My placenta was anterior, so the baby was closer to the spine and the placenta was on top. Basically, if you touched my stomach, my placenta was there. It was a big cushion and DH never could really feel baby move. 

Is "placenta positioning" becoming a 'Topic of Doom' ™ a la PB and circumcision?!

I know this is off topic from the current thread drift (sorry to interrupt!), but I was just watching this Counting On clip and found Jessa's comment pretty humorous in light of previous discussion (around 31s, if the video doesn't autoplay there for you). How the hell did I miss it before?! It's very gif-worthy.

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I assure you that I did not have a posterior placenta. :) That's the norm. Placenta towards spine and baby in front. 

My placenta was anterior, so the baby was closer to the spine and the placenta was on top. Basically, if you touched my stomach, my placenta was there. It was a big cushion and DH never could really feel baby move. 

Lol! @ClaraOswinwas nice enough to point that out earlier. Sorry for the confusion! I'm just gonna blame pregnancy brain for this (I've been doing that A LOT lately.)

4 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Is "placenta positioning" becoming a 'Topic of Doom' ™ a la PB and circumcision?!

No, I don't think it is. I don't see anyone fighting, just talking. You want to see fighting go check out the PB or vaccination threads - I'm pretty sure those are both in No Holds Barred. It can either be terrifying or highly entertaining, depending on your mood. :pb_lol:

I stopped watching any of their shows when the Josh stuff blew up, so help me out for a sec - What's that logo on their minivan in the date video?

As for the tacos, they look good. Jessa seems dangerously close to making an idol of them in that clip, but who could blame her?

I really hate seeing people chew with their mouth open. It's annoying for kids, but makes me ragey for adults. Ick.

On 8/30/2016 at 5:43 AM, VelociRapture said:

Same with muscle tone for some moms - tighter or stronger muscles tend to snap back quicker and sometimes prevent a bump from showing sooner.

And that postpartum belly size isn't constant either, at least mine isn't! Regularly, no belly or anything as I'm relatively skinny. But the second I have an average size meal, I look 4 months pregnant. Good times! I assume it's muscles just not going back to their prepregnancy elasticity.

2 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

I stopped watching any of their shows when the Josh stuff blew up, so help me out for a sec - What's that logo on their minivan in the date video?

I think it's the logo for the Arkansas Razorbacks 

16 hours ago, mizandry said:

I think it's the logo for the Arkansas Razorbacks 

Ah, the public university that all the Duggar clan supports on the football field. But they will never let a Duggarling attend.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:53 AM, mizandry said:

I know this is off topic from the current thread drift (sorry to interrupt!), but I was just watching this Counting On clip and found Jessa's comment pretty humorous in light of previous discussion (around 31s, if the video doesn't autoplay there for you). How the hell did I miss it before?! It's very gif-worthy.

1) WTF is that hat? A Jeebus baseball cap really? Dude! you are sooooooo lame!

2) 2.15 OMG eat properly!

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Ah, the public university that all the Duggar clan supports on the football field. But they will never let a Duggarling attend.

That's so weird to me. I don't understand their support of the sports given that they aren't really in favor of college at all. 

I guess College Minus and Crown don't have sports teams. ;)

On August 31, 2016 at 4:04 AM, VelociRapture said:

Lol! @ClaraOswinwas nice enough to point that out earlier. Sorry for the confusion! I'm just gonna blame pregnancy brain for this (I've been doing that A LOT lately.)

::HUGS::

I hate to say that it's really sleep-deprivation brain. Or that the baby gets part of your brain. Because my DD is 4 1/2 now and I STILL feel that way!

You know, Ben could very well start a line of Jesus caps to help support his family and I could actually see it gaining some traction, especially while he has this platform to showcase his hat problem. He could start a Quiver Full Of Hats (you're welcome Ben)! It would at least give Jessa something to do.

37 minutes ago, mizandry said:

You know, Ben could very well start a line of Jesus caps to help support his family and I could actually see it gaining some traction, especially while he has this platform to showcase his hat problem. He could start a Quiver Full Of Hats (you're welcome Ben)! It would at least give Jessa something to do.

I think that is a great idea! At our little taco stand head coverings are required and the younger employees seem to love what I guess you would call the "expensive designer type" ball caps. I could see that as being a viable business for young fundies.

On a side note, thankfully none of my fellow employees wear their hats "Ben style" or I would be completely agitated on a constant basis. :lol:

58 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Hatz4Jesus

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

Headwear of choice for Jesus-loving wannabe-rappers everywhere!

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Hatz4Jesus

I read "Hartz4Jesus" because "Hartz 4" is some sort of welfare for long-term jobless people here. Kinda fitting. Especially if you read that quote from Wikipedia: "Meanwhile, Hartz IV has become a synonym for the class of non-working poor and is used as a prefix in multiple contexts (i.e. low-brow daytime television programmes are called "Hartz IV TV" by critics)."

He definitely fits into that category.

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

19 Caps And Counting

2 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Headwear of choice for Jesus-loving wannabe-rappers everywhere!

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Hatz4Jesus

You people are evil! I'm reading this thread & trying not to laugh hysterically, and I'm having a damn hard time not doing so. (Which normally wouldn't be an issue if I was reading this solo, but I'm not at the moment.)  :special-snowflake1:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived