IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:01 AM, nickelodeon said:

I mean, obviously the Duggar girls are vampires sucking the youth and beauty out of their husbands, which is why they remain pretty while Ben and Derick waste away. It's that dark ATI magic gleaned from the wisdom booklets.

Kind of like The Picture of Dorian Gray but with husbands instead of an attic ;) 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Mergin', purgin', aversion....

and for a girl, VIRGIN.

I got to give Ben some props on what seem to be a legit interest in rap music and culture as well as legit friendships with these folks pictured with spurge. I don't think it's for show. If you want to talk about taking some departures in belief systems and cultural ideals I think it's a positive. I mean there's just no way in hell that rap music/culture despite it being Christian is approved of in the cult of JB.

On August 25, 2016 at 9:23 PM, weirdemmaline said:

If I remember correctly, they decided to go with Jackson instead of Judah Benjamin because the guy they were naming him after was some confederate soldier or klansman or something.

Judah Benjamin held two Confederate Cabinet posts, buy I doubt that would bother the Duggars. He was also Jewish, which would.

On 8/27/2016 at 9:13 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Am I crazy or does this look like Jessa? It is actually MMA Fighter Paige Van Zandt. Yes, I watch MMA.

pvz.jpg

I was watching an episode of MTV's Ridiculousness awhile back. They had Ireland Baldwin on as a guest, and I thought she looked SO MUCH like Jana. She doesn't in most of her pictures, but she did on that show. And she was wearing a very NIKE! shirt too. It's an interesting contradiction to the trials of CinderJana. 

19 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Judah Benjamin held two Confederate Cabinet posts, buy I doubt that would bother the Duggars. He was also Jewish, which would.

I doubt it would bother them. They already appropriate a ton of stuff from Jewish beliefs and culture. 

Now if that kid decided to convert to Judaism, that would probably be an issue.

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

I got to give Ben some props on what seem to be a legit interest in rap music and culture as well as legit friendships with these folks pictured with spurge. I don't think it's for show. If you want to talk about taking some departures in belief systems and cultural ideals I think it's a positive. I mean there's just no way in hell that rap music/culture despite it being Christian is approved of in the cult of JB.

I think he is trying to broaden the duggars and Jessa. He seems comfortable yet not at the same time.  Jessa just likes to show off Spud to anyone.  Means she made it in her little life.

Maybe he wants to toe the line but not drag it and make JB too pissy.

On 8/27/2016 at 4:01 PM, nickelodeon said:

I mean, obviously the Duggar girls are vampires sucking the youth and beauty out of their husbands, which is why they remain pretty while Ben and Derick waste away. It's that dark ATI magic gleaned from the wisdom booklets.

LOL.  I might be in the minority, but I actually think Derick looks okay.  Yes, he's skinny and at least for the time being, his mouth is skewed a little sideways. But he's tan, his skin looks healthy, his hair is certainly healthy, and I hope he keeps his hair longer (man bun or not). 

The backwards baseball cap - reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, where George had a bro-crush on Elaine's mimbo boyfriend Tony.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=seinfeld+george+has+crush&view=detailv2&&id=C78AF2DD19AC5A1E0269F53D265219F0B075F930&selectedIndex=1&ccid=RXpLgLsM&simid=608008374847539873&thid=OIP.M457a4b80bb0ce27603327e3433e20b02o0 

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I am sure any rap is a no-no in the Duggar house because of the beat or whatever. I thought it was so weird when they were in the studio and everyone is kind of bobbing to the beat....except Jessa, who sat perfectly still.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

LOL.  I might be in the minority, but I actually think Derick looks okay.  Yes, he's skinny and at least for the time being, his mouth is skewed a little sideways. But he's tan, his skin looks healthy, his hair is certainly healthy, and I hope he keeps his hair longer (man bun or not). 

I think the longer hair suits Derick. And he has always been pretty thin from what I've seen. He put an Instagram post up months ago about trying to gain weight so I have a feeling he just has a hard time putting on pounds. And since he likely lost a lot due to his surgery, he may just struggle putting it back on. 

Though I am not a fan of tan because to me, all I see is sun damage.

50 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think the longer hair suits Derick. And he has always been pretty thin from what I've seen. He put an Instagram post up months ago about trying to gain weight so I have a feeling he just has a hard time putting on pounds. And since he likely lost a lot due to his surgery, he may just struggle putting it back on. 

Though I am not a fan of tan because to me, all I see is sun damage.

My son is of similar build to Derick - once he started crawling, he lost his baby fat and was a skinny little kid, then a skinny teen, and now a slender adult.  His paternal grandfather was the same way.  So to me, Derick looks fine and I agree, his metabolism probably makes it hard for him to gain weight.  When he hits his 40's, maybe he'll find that easier.

Fair-skinned, freckled woman here - yep, I hear you on the sun damage.  Hopefully Derick uses sun screen.

Okay, so I am due February 23rd per my ultrasound and Jessa is more proof that you pop early with baby #2. I still don't have a bump. I am more awkward right now. Its more of is she pregnant or just getting fat thing I've got going on at the moment! lol 

57 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Okay, so I am due February 23rd per my ultrasound and Jessa is more proof that you pop early with baby #2. I still don't have a bump. I am more awkward right now. Its more of is she pregnant or just getting fat thing I've got going on at the moment! lol 

In fact, the photo of Jessa, a couple of pages back, makes me wonder if she really IS expecting twins. She looks farther along in her pregnancy than I would have expected.

59 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

well, and you pop earlier especially when it's been less than a year since your last kid was born!

4 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

In fact, the photo of Jessa, a couple of pages back, makes me wonder if she really IS expecting twins. She looks farther along in her pregnancy than I would have expected.

I really offended a woman who was only 2 months pregnant the other night, because she had a HUGE bump (and she's a normal sized woman) so she looked lik 6 months along and I commented that she was further along than I am.... (baby's measurements say I am 14 weeks 3 days, but my math makes it more like 16 weeks 3 days). Ooops. 

Turns out it was baby number 2. 

All this talk about bumps--I was huge and popped relitively early with my first.  My second, well I showed even earlier and was just as huge!  For my entire first pregnancy doc kept looking for twins, not believing I could be that big without.  Turns out #1 was 9 lbs, #2 10 lbs.  Surprised the doc with the second one....he thought she would be even BIGGER!  LOL   Side note, they both grew up to be rather thin adults :)

5 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I was watching an episode of MTV's Ridiculousness awhile back. They had Ireland Baldwin on as a guest, and I thought she looked SO MUCH like Jana. She doesn't in most of her pictures, but she did on that show. And she was wearing a very NIKE! shirt too. It's an interesting contradiction to the trials of CinderJana. 

Just Googled her. You are so right. She definitely looked like a blonde Jana. Insane at how much two people can look alike.

25 minutes ago, season of life said:

Just Googled her. You are so right. She definitely looked like a blonde Jana. Insane at how much two people can look alike.

Is this the same Ireland Baldwin who got called a pig by her lovely father Alec? Poor girl. 

Jana resembles Jennifer Lawrence a bit but I think she looks really similar to Candance Cameron.....even late 90's DJ. Jinger looks like a checkout counter girl that works in my favorite grocery store. Doppelgangers are spooky.  

16 hours ago, calimojo said:

I see some bits of rebellion in Ben. But,  it is important to remember that he can't stray too far from the core, because JB still owns his home, provides him his job and so on. 

As to Derick,  hard to know if he took his wife and son and ran to CA to put some distance between Jill and her parents, or if he really is a dimwitted 'missionary' with little offer. 

Now if those boys had an ounce of sense they would figure out that JB needs them more than they need him.

If they relocated their wives and kids somewhere far away from the poisoned toad, there would either be no show (bye bye JB), or the cameras would follow (bye bye JB).

If the cameras followed, sponsors would surely come creeping back. After all Josh, JB and J-chelle are the ones who did horrible things, the girls were innocent children.

52 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Now if those boys had an ounce of sense they would figure out that JB needs them more than they need him.

If they relocated their wives and kids somewhere far away from the poisoned toad, there would either be no show (bye bye JB), or the cameras would follow (bye bye JB).

If the cameras followed, sponsors would surely come creeping back. After all Josh, JB and J-chelle are the ones who did horrible things, the girls were innocent children.

It also might be more interesting. Surely they would drift at least a little, come into their own more, and the guys might get more legitimate jobs. Counting on is like watching paint dry. Actually, watching paint dry is more exciting. It's more like staring at a rock. 

2 months into my pregnancy, random people in public were asking me when I was due. Ist baby. Had her 6 weeks early at 6 lbs 4 oz. 

9 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am sure any rap is a no-no in the Duggar house because of the beat or whatever. I thought it was so weird when they were in the studio and everyone is kind of bobbing to the beat....except Jessa, who sat perfectly still.

In the girls book "Growing Up Duggar" they explicitly say that they aren't allowed and don't agree with Christian rock or rap music or basically anything not classical because even though it has religious message its roots came from the devil or something like that. 

So it's always made me wonder what Jessa really thinks of Ben being so into Christian rap.

There are a lot of factors that can make one woman's pregnant belly show up earlier or become larger or whatever. It seems like the baby's size doesn't really have much to do with it though. I mean, I'm sure in some cases it can. But overall, I think it's more to do with the mother's body type and muscle and all that.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

There are a lot of factors that can make one woman's pregnant belly show up earlier or become larger or whatever. It seems like the baby's size doesn't really have much to do with it though. I mean, I'm sure in some cases it can. But overall, I think it's more to do with the mother's body type and muscle and all that.

Definitely. I had an anterior placenta, so DD (baby #1) was against my spine. Even at 9 months, I didn't look very pregnant. Made for horrible back labor!

7 hours ago, jacduggar said:

It also might be more interesting. Surely they would drift at least a little, come into their own more, and the guys might get more legitimate jobs. Counting on is like watching paint dry. Actually, watching paint dry is more exciting. It's more like staring at a rock. 

I'm always amazed that 19KAC was ever as popular as it was. The very early episodes were somewhat interesting, when they went into the logistics of a large family, but the vast majority of the time the only way I've been able to get through an episode is by having it in a small window in the corner of my screen and doing something else on my computer at the same time. When you add in all the "Coming up on" clips it's even duller.

When pregnant I don't look cute with a nice bump. I just blow up everywhere and look obese. I have had a random stranger on the street invite me to her diet club, and a friend ( who was a GP) find out in my seventh month or so that I was pregnant. He had somehow missed the news and thought I was just gaining.

A neighbour on the other hand seemed to show a tiny bump through the fundie approved polo shirt on her skinny frame. I asked her husband if she was expecting (because I did not want to offend her, but I was curious). She was due two or three weeks later. 

Women's bodies are hugely different from each other. And pregnant women's bodies even more so. I prefer to remain in hiding till at least six months post-partum, when I can recognise myself in the mirror again.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived