IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

19 minutes ago, Arix said:

Jubilee? Which fundies have a Jubilee?

I believe that Kelly named one of her miscarriages Jubilee before Michelle did.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Arix said:

Jubilee? Which fundies have a Jubilee?

I know Michelle had a miscarriage/stillborn baby (not sure on the dating there) which she named Jubilee, and like another poster said, Kelly Bates did too.

26 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I know Michelle had a miscarriage/stillborn baby (not sure on the dating there) which she named Jubilee, and like another poster said, Kelly Bates did too.

Michelle is such a name thief! Stealing Jackson, Josie, AND Jubilee from Kelly? 

40 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Well, I don't think anyone has ever accused the Duggars of being particularly original.

Except for the name "Jinger." Damn, girl.

One of my name predictions when Jessa was pregnant with Spurgeon was Ephraim.  Now I don't see her using that name (not unique enough?), but I definitely could see Jill using it.

48 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I wonder if Bates Jackson is the reason Duggar Jackson was switched from Judah. Like did Michelle hear Kelly talking about her Jackson and decided she liked it better?  They're around the same age aren't they?

13 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I wonder if Bates Jackson is the reason Duggar Jackson was switched from Judah. Like did Michelle hear Kelly talking about her Jackson and decided she liked it better?  They're around the same age aren't they?

If I remember correctly, they decided to go with Jackson instead of Judah Benjamin because the guy they were naming him after was some confederate soldier or klansman or something.

I know Michelle used Bateseseses names. But I just don't know if I see Jessa doing it.

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Wilberforce could be shortened to Wilbur- like the pig from Charlotte's Web.

Wiberforce=Army of Pigs

Wilberforce One: The Bacon's Back 

Can this be a movie? Looking at Hollywood...Yes. Want to share the copyright, @VeryNikeSeamstress

8 hours ago, carebaer said:

In the US it's still standard in a lot of locations to have just an anatomy scan at 20weeks (which is often considered the "gender" scan but medically speaking is to check on the heart and other internal organs). 

It is increasingly common to have a dating ultrasound at mom's first appoint but usually this is only done if her OB has a transvaginal ultrasound machine rather than going specifically for an ultrasound.

A scan to check for downs syndrome and a few other things is often offered between 11-13 weeks but some doctors only recommend this if Mom has known risk factors.  It may not be covered by insurance.  (Although they can tell if baby is a boy and it's super-obvious during these scans.  If there's nothing obvious then you have to wait for 20 weeks before they'll call absence of penis a girl.  And I want to say 24 weeks before they can actually identify girl parts, but I don't remember exactly when those develop enough to be seen.)

These days (as in, in the five minutes since I was last pregnant) they don't do that 11 week nuchal scn, they do an earlier blood test which detects naked fetal DNA in the mother's blood. It is waaay early, and it tells sex and karyotype. It's insane. Science.

2 hours ago, weirdemmaline said:

If I remember correctly, they decided to go with Jackson instead of Judah Benjamin because the guy they were naming him after was some confederate soldier or klansman or something.

Stonewall Jackson? Was a big confederate deal in the civil war.

23 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I can feel it when I ovulate too. I think a decent percentage of women do. I have also felt it on both sides some months.

It's called mittelschmertz.

There's the blood test as well as chorionic villi sampling, or CVS testing,  which takes a teensy sample of the microscopic hairs from the sac to check for abnormality. The blood test is now used more often because its less risky but its also less definitive.

2 hours ago, August said:

No I meant the Judah Benjamin guy. I'm sorry, I should probably have phrased my post a bit more clearly. 

Apparently Judah P Benjamin was a cabinet officer of the confederate states. My guess is someone saw that and figured Jackson (even if he's named after Stonewall) might be a less difficult name to explain away as being just a trendy J name than Judah (which isn't terribly popular). 
Most of this is speculation on my part but I swear I remember reading about this in a much earlier thread here in the good ol' duggar subforum

On 25 augusti 2016 at 6:06 AM, KnittingOwl said:

I continue to be amazed that it was harder to adopt a cat from the shelter than bring our daughter home from the hospital. She's four and a half. 

It was a very special feeling just walking out of the hospital with our baby. ”Really, you're just letting us take him home with us. We have no clue what we're doing!” :)

Miniway way a happy, easy baby and I know that was just luck and nothing we did right. Some people say you're only given what you can handle and we used to joke this was it. The happiest baby in the world was all we could handle.

He is turning in to quite a stubborn toddler though. No idea where he picked that up ... 

I really don't want to do the pregnancy, birth (56 hour of hell), babything again. And am not that interested in having another child. Having more then one seem so much harder. I do kind of wish Miniway siblings though since I do love mine a lot. 

On an other note I definitly don't feel like a proper grown up and I am in my mid 30s. :)

Nuchal or combined first trimester screens (scan+blood test) are still done, and done by more patients than the non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT) like Harmony etc.  The purpose of a nuchal scan/bloodwork isn't just to give an estimate of the risk of chromosomal abnormalities. Other risks or abnormalities can be picked up at an early enough time then that a woman has options or a pregnancy can be more closely followed. The NIPTs aren't necessarily the best choice for every patient even though they are sometimes marketed that way.

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

On an other note I definitly don't feel like a proper grown up and I am in my mid 30s. :)

lol...I am right there with you! I keep thinking that someday I'll feel like a grown up or we will accomplish something that makes us feel like that. So far, having a child, finishing grad school and lots of moves have not made me feel like grown up. 

7 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

lol...I am right there with you! I keep thinking that someday I'll feel like a grown up or we will accomplish something that makes us feel like that. So far, having a child, finishing grad school and lots of moves have not made me feel like grown up. 

Have you tried cleaning your home just for the sake of cleaning it? There's nothing that feels more grown up than that :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, August said:

These days (as in, in the five minutes since I was last pregnant) they don't do that 11 week nuchal scn, they do an earlier blood test which detects naked fetal DNA in the mother's blood. It is waaay early, and it tells sex and karyotype. It's insane. Science.

That's not entirely accurate. My Doctor does the bloodwork along with the Nuchal Translucency ultrasound. It provides a much more accurate diagnosis - probably still isn't as good as something more invasive, but we decided to avoid invasive techniques unless it was necessary. I had the screening done early last month.

(Well, I would have had the bloodwork done... But husband and I didn't realize it was something they do at the Hospital and wasn't included on the separate lab work I was given. Whoops! :pb_lol:)

With both kids I have felt that the hospital just let me take the babies how due to some error "Don't they get just how screwed up I really am?"- kind of thing.

On 8/25/2016 at 11:49 PM, August said:

Now I have to ask, is this a German word or a Jewish?

23 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

This is called mittelschmerz, and is quite common. I used to feel it back before menopause

Maybe it shouldn't, but I find it annoying (very minorly so) when I see a post stating what I just said a little while ago. That may be because my habit is to read whole threads or to pick up where I left off. My petty complaint of the day!

9 hours ago, August said:

My prior post was responding to this.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That's not entirely accurate. My Doctor does the bloodwork along with the Nuchal Translucency ultrasound. It provides a much more accurate diagnosis - probably still isn't as good as something more invasive, but we decided to avoid invasive techniques unless it was necessary. I had the screening done early last month.

(Well, I would have had the bloodwork done... But husband and I didn't realize it was something they do at the Hospital and wasn't included on the separate lab work I was given. Whoops! :pb_lol:)

Yeah...that bloodwork and ultrasound was the testing offered to me as well (this was 3 years ago....so not THAT long ago.)

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Maybe it shouldn't, but I find it annoying (very minorly so) when I see a post stating what I just said a little while ago. That may be because my habit is to read whole threads or to pick up where I left off. My petty complaint of the day!

My prior post was responding to this.

Well, your post basically repeated most of what mine said too (minus the "name" which IMO is not a real name and is why I choose to call it ovulation pain...much more accurate of a description than "middle pain.") It's really not a big deal. People repeat things in threads on forums all the time. That's just kind of how it works especially if people are skimming the thread or responding before reading the full thread.  We're ALL guilty of it, I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Well, your post basically repeated most of what mine said too (minus the "name" which IMO is not a real name and is why I choose to call it ovulation pain...much more accurate of a description than "middle pain.") It's really not a big deal. People repeat things in threads on forums all the time. That's just kind of how it works especially if people are skimming the thread or responding before reading the full thread.  We're ALL guilty of it, I'm sure.

Your opinion notwithstanding, "mittleschmertz" is indeed a name, in another language than English. 

I don't know if anyone has said this before but I actually like Jessa better as a mother. She seems so much warmer and calmer than she was before. When she visited Jill and expressed how much she missed her it seemed pretty genuine, in fact I find Jill to be a lot less emotional. Jessa is still blessa and will still have her smugness. I hope she continues to stop worrying about everyone's salvation and enjoy the freedom she has. She also seemed the coldest at times, and cried less than even the boys did. 

We'll see. I think once ben gets his degree in preaching or whatever they're going to try and make it big. I assume Ben won't do very well. He doesn't seem to be a great public speaker or have the charisma that is needed. He stammers a lot and seems nervous even speaking to producers on a tv show. Jeremy however does.

I wonder which son in law is Jim bobs favorite. Derick is probably in last place right now. I've always felt like Ben asked for jessa's hand in marriage earlier on and Jim bob didn't feel he was ready, hence why he became his little assistant. I think that's where the joke of Jessa eloping came from.

9 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I don't know if anyone has said this before but I actually like Jessa better as a mother. She seems so much warmer and calmer than she was before. When she visited Jill and expressed how much she missed her it seemed pretty genuine, in fact I find Jill to be a lot less emotional. Jessa is still blessa and will still have her smugness. I hope she continues to stop worrying about everyone's salvation and enjoy the freedom she has. She also seemed the coldest at times, and cried less than even the boys did. 

We'll see. I think once ben gets his degree in preaching or whatever they're going to try and make it big. I assume Ben won't do very well. He doesn't seem to be a great public speaker or have the charisma that is needed. He stammers a lot and seems nervous even speaking to producers on a tv show. Jeremy however does.

I wonder which son in law is Jim bobs favorite. Derick is probably in last place right now. I've always felt like Ben asked for jessa's hand in marriage earlier on and Jim bob didn't feel he was ready, hence why he became his little assistant. I think that's where the joke of Jessa eloping came from.

I am going to say Jeremy is going to be favorite son in law. He does something professionally (or did?), he is "born again" so he gives the Duggars this false look of tolerance, and he's a southern baptist preacher man. Jeremy gives Jim Bob Family, Inc. a new angle. "We are so worldly! See our daughter marrying an ATHLETE? He is a sinner who has repented! We are so tolerant of his torrid past! We don't live in the past anyway! See how Jesus has changed him! Praise! Hallelujah! Rejoice! Jesus loves the little children!" 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived