IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

So does this mean TLC will be buying them a new house to move into, and the next courting couple will get the first?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Kak said:

Waking a sleeping baby to feed it seems like insanity to me. 

I did it with my first.  At about 4 months Baby would drift off to sleep at 9 and hubby and I would go to bed at 11.  Then at sometime between midnight and 1am Baby would wake up to eat, stay awake for 30-60 minutes and then sleep until 6 or 7 in the morning.  Since I had to get up at 5:30 to cook breakfast, I wasn't getting much sleep.  So I started waking Baby up at 10 for a feeding.  By 11 we were all in bed and Baby didn't wake up until 5.  I'd have the baby fed by the time hubby woke up and we'd play while hubby got dressed and then he'd hold the baby while I cooked breakfast.  Then he'd eat, I'd eat, we'd play with Baby and after hubby left for work Baby and I would sneak off to sleep together in the big bed for another hour or two.  I finally started feeling human again.

Dh doesn't know much about his family but mine is a recessive genetic powderkeg. My grandma had triplets at 14 that most likely had CF and 2 of the 3 had hearts on the wrong side. I do like these large families to see how the different genetics are. I am kind of worried with how large the family is intermarrying and what we will see 4 or 5 generations down the line. 

55 minutes ago, Wenny said:

Dh doesn't know much about his family but mine is a recessive genetic powderkeg. My grandma had triplets at 14 that most likely had CF and 2 of the 3 had hearts on the wrong side. I do like these large families to see how the different genetics are. I am kind of worried with how large the family is intermarrying and what we will see 4 or 5 generations down the line. 

While its super weird, Intermarrying 4 or 5 generations away probably wont show any genetic anomalies, besides from inherited diseases that they would normally pass to their children. 

Inbreeding usually only rears its freaky four armed head after one or two generations of keeping it in the family. i.e King tut

Inbreeding is how many tribes and clans and whatnot populated the earth. 

But just the fact that in 4-5 generations there may be more Duggars than words in the Bible is horrifying enough 

15 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

While its super weird, Intermarrying 4 or 5 generations away probably wont show any genetic anomalies, besides from inherited diseases that they would normally pass to their children. 

Inbreeding usually only rears its freaky four armed head after one or two generations of keeping it in the family. i.e King tut

But just the fact that in 4-5 generations there may be more Duggars than words in the Bible is horrifying enough 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain

This is why you dln't marry your cousins. And specially why you don't marry yourcousins for 10 or more generations

3 hours ago, devoe364 said:

The ultrasound thing - the reason I think she's had one this time around? TLC is around. The last time, TLC was really hesitant about having anything to do with the Duggars because it followed so closely on the heels of Joshgate. The cameras weren't really around for Jessa' pregnancy - only for the birth. This time, the camers have been around the whole time. TLC would definitely shell out for an ultrasound if they can film around it. 

In the interview they did at the TTH she said they hadn't had an US yet and didn't know the sex of the baby.  A midwife may be able to hear 2 heartbeats but it depends on how far along she is.  I think the baby (or babies) comment was made just to play with the audience like they did last time.  While it's possible for Jessa or any of the daughter's to inherit Michelle's tendency to hyper ovulate, it probably won't be all of the daughters.  I have a friend who's sisters are fraternal twins.  One of them has 2 sets herself while her sister doesn't have any.

18 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Yes I agree. A random couple of first cousins marrying? Probably not going to be any issues. But then their children marrying cousins and then the next generation marrying cousins? Oh yeah you'll see some genetic issues. What's nice is that in today's age, people aren't as isolated. So you meet lots of new people through social media and it's easier to travel in order to meet new people. So marrying cousins isn't a huge deal anymore. Unless you're in a cult of course...

19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

In the interview they did at the TTH she said they hadn't had an US yet and didn't know the sex of the baby.  A midwife may be able to hear 2 heartbeats but it depends on how far along she is.  I think the baby (or babies) comment was made just to play with the audience like they did last time.  While it's possible for Jessa or any of the daughter's to inherit Michelle's tendency to hyper ovulate, it probably won't be all of the daughters.  I have a friend who's sisters are fraternal twins.  One of them has 2 sets herself while her sister doesn't have any.

See I don't have cable, so I didn't see the interview. That said, its too early to know the sex of the baby (I'm due February 23rd according to the Ultrasound tech and February 9th if my math is correct) - I won't know until my Ultrasound on October 5th and only if Baby Devoe decides to show her or himself.

So that doesn't surprise me. That they haven't even done a priliminary ultrasound surprises me. 12 weeks and 20 weeks are standard in Canada. 

7 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

See I don't have cable, so I didn't see the interview. That said, its too early to know the sex of the baby (I'm due February 23rd according to the Ultrasound tech and February 9th if my math is correct) - I won't know until my Ultrasound on October 5th and only if Baby Devoe decides to show her or himself.

So that doesn't surprise me. That they haven't even done a priliminary ultrasound surprises me. 12 weeks and 20 weeks are standard in Canada. 

Drink a bit of orange juice before you go in - maybe half a small glass about an hour before your appointment. That way baby is active because of the sugar, but not so active that they move too much to see anything.

As for standard care, I don't think that applies to the Duggars because they don't go to a traditional OBGYN practice. I'm not sure what their Midwives are qualified to do or if they're legally allowed to perform ultrasounds - they may send patients to a different place to have that done. I do believe the standard of care they receive is likely the absolute basics. I just looked at Jessa's Instagram - her first ultrasound with Spurgeon was around 19 weeks. So she at least had an anatomy ultrasound.

image.png

Not sure about Jill. I know we saw a few of her prenatal appointments on the show and she definitely had at least the anatomy ultrasound because they knew they were having a boy.

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Drink a bit of orange juice before you go in - maybe half a small glass about an hour before your appointment. That way baby is active because of the sugar, but not so active that they move too much to see anything.

As for standard care, I don't think that applies to the Duggars because they don't go to a traditional OBGYN practice. I'm not sure what their Midwives are qualified to do or if they're legally allowed to perform ultrasounds - they may send patients to a different place to have that done. I do believe the standard of care they receive is likely the absolute basics. I just looked at Jessa's Instagram - her first ultrasound with Spurgeon was around 19 weeks. So she at least had an anatomy ultrasound.

/snip

Not sure about Jill. I know we saw a few of her prenatal appointments on the show and she definitely had at least the anatomy ultrasound because they knew they were having a boy.

I was told to have my caffeine for the day about an hour before I go on lol, for the same reason. I have an appointment next Tuesday for blood test results and likely to get a referral to an OB.

In terms of ultrasounds for the Duggar women, I am positive that we have seen Michelle and Anna go in for ultrasounds, but you are right, they could just be anatomy ultrasounds at around the 20 week mark. With that in mind, she should know around the same time I do at the beginning of October. 

15 hours ago, anotherone said:

But the panic of not having anything else at all in your life or your identity, I suppose it would drive you to take a chance again.

It's about the AND COUNTING gravy train.

In the US it's still standard in a lot of locations to have just an anatomy scan at 20weeks (which is often considered the "gender" scan but medically speaking is to check on the heart and other internal organs). 

It is increasingly common to have a dating ultrasound at mom's first appoint but usually this is only done if her OB has a transvaginal ultrasound machine rather than going specifically for an ultrasound.

A scan to check for downs syndrome and a few other things is often offered between 11-13 weeks but some doctors only recommend this if Mom has known risk factors.  It may not be covered by insurance.  (Although they can tell if baby is a boy and it's super-obvious during these scans.  If there's nothing obvious then you have to wait for 20 weeks before they'll call absence of penis a girl.  And I want to say 24 weeks before they can actually identify girl parts, but I don't remember exactly when those develop enough to be seen.)

2 hours ago, devoe364 said:

In some cases, people can find the gender out pretty early with some genetic tests. I can't remember the name of the tests though because I chose not to do them. I just remember someone I know getting them done and in the results, it mentioned the sex of the baby. And it was super early.  

I found out the sex at the 20 week anatomy scan. But around 16 weeks, my doctor did a quick look on the rollaway machine in his office and we were pretty sure we saw boy parts at that time.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

image.png

If I'm remembering correctly, Jessa's scans were at some boutique ultrasound place. Basically it's a "for fun" scan to see the baby and see the sex.

I don't think they do the super important anatomy scan to check for heart defects and whatnot. I would guess they are the mindset of "it's not necessary because I wouldn't have an abortion." They are all pretty dumb and don't understand that isn't the reason most people get the anatomy scan.

Just another way their idea of "pro-life" is totally messed up.

Just for shits and giggles, I googled Baptist Calvinist Preachers. If this next baby is a boy, I bet they'll name him Wilberforce. Ockenga or Bouma for a girl.

17 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Just for shits and giggles, I googled Baptist Calvinist Preachers. If this next baby is a boy, I bet they'll name him Wilberforce. Ockenga or Bouma for a girl.

Wilberforce would be so awesome. 

I was at a church-related place yesterday that had a "Spurgeon Hall." Right next to it was Judson Hall, which I assume was named after this Judson. Next boy name for Jessa and Ben? It would suit their theme well except that I don't know if any of the Duggar kids are going to want to use "J" names!

I'm surprised they have a boutique place that will see them without them seeing an actual obstetrician to check for abnormalities. I used one at 14 weeks with my second pregnancy and they would not do it unless I had been seeing an actual doctor for my pregnancy. I can't guarantee they verified the information I gave them, but they did have a form to fill out stating that I was under the care of an actual ob/gyn.

Also, I have a friend due in early-February. I think the 7th? And she found out three weeks ago that she is having a boy. She used the same boutique place that I had used. It certainly is possible for Jessa/Ben to find out the baby's sex at this point.

On 8/24/2016 at 4:51 AM, paulypepper said:

Milo is a very cool name! I fathered four girls so I never had a chance to name a boy, but Milo seems cool!

See we thought so too, but my whole family (my kid is named Milo) hates it. My mother-in-law (who is great and love dearly) repeated his name over and over and over for about 4 days once she found out it was a boy. Like she was trying to convince herself that it was okay and would grow on her. Our families wanted us to have a girl because they disliked the name Milo so much. Good thing I have thick skin or my 20 week pregnant self probably would have cried for the next 5 months knowing how much people didn't like my name. 

On 8/24/2016 at 6:49 AM, Mela99 said:

I googled ridiculous biblical names and I throw these into the hat for the new Spawn -

Mash

Amaziah

Dodo 

Chalcol

On

Basemath

Maher-shalal-hash-baz

Gad.

Another winner (a joke in our family) is found in 1 Chronicles - Hazelelponi. We like to pronounce it "Haz-a-lil-poni". Thanks Bible! 

I like the name Milo, because it reminds me of a guy who I worked with in college. His name was Miles and he was SUPER hot. It made going in to work on Saturday game nights much easier to bear when all my friends were out getting drunk and having fun. Man, he was so good looking.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Not so sure they'd use Judson since it's one of the Bateseseses kid's name.

Josie, jubiliee... It hasn't stopped them before

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived