IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

On August 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM, VelociRapture said:

Lol! I'm 28 and I'm having our first kid in January. I still don't feel like a proper adult. I actually turned to my husband at least once so far and said, "Wait... They're just going to let us take the kid and leave the Hospital?! No pop quiz?! No test?! Are they serious?! Who lets that happen?!" :pb_lol:

I continue to be amazed that it was harder to adopt a cat from the shelter than bring our daughter home from the hospital. She's four and a half. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EmmyJay said:

My grandmother is a fraternal twin. I have a feeling I'll be destined for twins myself since I can seriously feel myself ovulate and a lot of the time that weird 'pinch' is on both sides. (Am I a weirdo or can other women feel that too?)

God help me if Jessa is having twins she better have them in a hospital. I follow a woman on YouTube who had twins; and she was able to birth them vaginally just fine. The hospital accommodated her desire and compromised by having the birth take place in an OR in case something went south.

I can feel it when I ovulate too. I think a decent percentage of women do. I have also felt it on both sides some months.

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Me too. Finding out last night was ridiculously exciting. My husband and I couldn't stop grinning the entire appointment. We can't wait to meet her! :pb_biggrin:

Congratulations. 

On 8/23/2016 at 5:27 PM, bingbangboom said:

I lived across the hall from a girl named Sparkal in college. I'm sure she has gone on to do great things, hopefully she changed her name. She had sisters diamond and Gem.

Me and my name stories... never ending....

My Mom had first cousins named Pearl, Ruby, Opal and Onyx (all born in the 30's).  I met 3/4 about 20 years ago.  I also realize they used to give laboring moms ether, so perhaps their mom was a lil woozy when she picked their names....

4 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

My Mom had first cousins named Pearl, Ruby, Opal and Onyx (all born in the 30's).  I met 3/4 about 20 years ago.  I also realize they used to give laboring moms ether, so perhaps their mom was a lil woozy when she picked their names....

But at least she kept the theme going! :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, devoe364 said:

Okay, so I totally haven't read the entire thread, however I have a few thoughts:

1.  I pray to God/Allah/Budha/The Wicked Witch of the West/The Flying Spaghetti Monster that Jessa and I do not give birth on the same day or name our child/children the same thing.
  2.  If she is due in February, she has already had an ultrasound. Cheap as the Duggars are They know how many babies are in there, and since the Seewalds and Duggars are not the brightest crayons in the box, I am going to go with, yes, they are having twins.
  3. I honestly think Jessa was holding back this news as long as possible. I also know that women show much earlier in consequetive pregnancies then they do in the first. I am starting to get a bump and have met women less pregnant than me who look visibily pregnant already - they are usually having their second or third or moreth child.
  4. Hopefully Derrick is smart enough to be concerned about Zika. 
  5. I am really surprised that it wasn't Jill first. 

Now an aside on Jessa and Jill.

I know that Jessa always get accused of trying to one up Jill, but when you think about it, Jill has always managed to steal Jessa's thunder. In fact, even going back to early videos, from what I see, its Jill trying to one up Jessa all the time, and then Jessa, trying, somewhat pathetically to do the same to her big sister.

Maybe, just maybe, its a Jill thing? 

2. Not everyone gets the early ultrasound. My midwife only did the 20 week scan unless there was a reason to do another (couldn't hear heartbeat at 12 weeks, possibly multiples). 

With all this twin talk - my family does not do twins, I've done a lot of genealogical research and no twins for generations. Nevertheless my 26 yr. old niece (sister's daughter) just delivered my 2 grand nieces last month. They are fraternal and arrived a month early via c-section w/ baby B being 2 lb.s 2 oz. heavier and 1" longer than baby A. It's amazing the difference in personalities already, baby B is calm whereas baby A is a squirmer - baby A needs to stay wrapped to conserve energy yet she's always working her little arms loose and waving them around, my theory is she didn't have much room in utero so she's loving all that space.

If Izzy was going to be a girl, Jill was going to name her Selah. A cruel part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Jessa had a girl and stole Jill's female baby name before she could use it. That would be cold... :evil-laugh:

On 8/23/2016 at 1:19 PM, SunnySideUp said:

Imagine if they'd been QF right off the bat. She'd easily have had 4 more. 23 kids and counting...

I bet she's kicking herself now. How stupid was she to not start having babies right away! 

2 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

If Izzy was going to be a girl, Jill was going to name her Selah. A cruel part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Jessa had a girl and stole Jill's female baby name before she could use it. That would be cold... :evil-laugh:

They could make S their letter theme. Spurgeon and Selah Seewald. It would be cruel if their second baby gets a normal name, but maybe Ben and Jessa will settle on a better one this time around.

5 hours ago, Alachantal said:

Congratulations!

Oh God. Not like TFDW's Davia :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

I've no idea if she was named for her father or not, and I certainly wouldn't fault her parents if, for instance, she was named for a beloved brother of one of theirs who passed before she was born.

That said, the worst feminine form I've ever seen was in my parents' old baby name book. Douglasina.

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

NO SPOILERS!!!!!! They don't show it to us in the States until next summer! They just finished off Nadiya's season three weeks ago! 

What?! That sucks D; I promise not to spoil anything then!

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

When FIL was born in the 50s, the midwife told his mother that he was ginger and her response was "Oh, he'll match the cat." I don't know if it was ether or gas and air she took, but she was definitely a little bit out of it.

15 hours ago, Kyoo said:

Maher-shalal-hash-baz Steven Seewald.  Hash for short.

isnt Hash also a type of psycadellic drug 

55 minutes ago, alba said:

When FIL was born in the 50s, the midwife told his mother that he was ginger and her response was "Oh, he'll match the cat." I don't know if it was ether or gas and air she took, but she was definitely a little bit out of it.

Funniest thing I've read today :my_biggrin:

I don't know if Jessa will repeat the laundry room breakdown since she has more money than Michelle did (and therefore the resources to pay to make life easier) and a lost girl can be drafted in to play auntmom. 

I think it is Ben who is going to have the breakdown sometime when he realises he is in his mid twenties, a father to 4 or 5 kids, no education, owned by his father in law and missed out on fun experiences because he became a 19 year old groom. I truly think he will wake up one day and hate his life. 

6 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

If its a boy they should name it Job, he can be a magician when he grow up.  haha

Ha. I totally read this as job, not Job. Then I thought it was perfect because Ben could always honestly say, "Yes, I have a job." :)

5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

My mom had twin cousins named Vicey & Versey...

I really hope Jessa has another placid and easygoing baby this time and continues to do so with future kids. As soon as she encounters any really challenging behaviour in her kids she is likely to use the really harsh discipline, blanket training etc she learned at home. I don't think struggles with parenting will stop her from having more kids (like it would with most people), she will just come down harder on the children.

She seems to really enjoy being a parent at the moment, and long may that last for the sake of her kids. It really struck me in the recent episode of counting on when she described her love for her son as being hundreds of times greater than love for her siblings. I felt like shouting that is why children shouldn't be brought up by their siblings! Little Jordyn and the rest of them would have had hundreds of times more love if their actual parents had raised them.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:19 PM, SunnySideUp said:

Imagine if they'd been QF right off the bat. She'd easily have had 4 more. 23 kids and counting...

Not to be the "actually" person, but Michelle and JB got married July 1984. Josh was born March 1988 before their fourth anniversary. He was likely conceived in June of 1987, right before Michelle and JB celebrated their 3rd wedding anniversary. And since they were taking birth control, they might have had a few months of trying before actually conceiving. They probably missed out on having 20, maaaaaybe 21, but they didn't really wait four years to have kids. 

Michelle I think has def said they waited four years, probably to make their conversion to qf a more meaningful testimony. But it's a convenient truth twisting lie.

@VelociRapture - Honestly? I really just don't like Jill. I never have. Her personality irritates me far more than Jessa's does. That's probably why I turned all the Jessa hate around on Jill. That said, you are right, happy events do tend to overlap, even in normal sized families. It won't be uncomon in any super sized family. 

As for the name thing, I am fairly certain I am having a girl and going with an Elizabeathan - Victorian first name. I am not even thinking about boys names until my next ultrasound and then it will only be if baby is a boy.

The ultrasound thing - the reason I think she's had one this time around? TLC is around. The last time, TLC was really hesitant about having anything to do with the Duggars because it followed so closely on the heels of Joshgate. The cameras weren't really around for Jessa' pregnancy - only for the birth. This time, the camers have been around the whole time. TLC would definitely shell out for an ultrasound if they can film around it. 

9 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I can feel it when I ovulate too. I think a decent percentage of women do. I have also felt it on both sides some months.

This is called mittelschmerz, and is quite common. I used to feel it back before menopause.

I get my massage therapist to do cranel sacrel on my ovaries ( and I can feel what she is doing in the ovaries) 

It makes my periods calmer - TMI :D

21 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Seems to be Gothard's teaching:

On the abstinence part, I do agree, it sounded weird to me, too. Talking about being available at all times but blocking almost half the cycle for some OT rules but then it dawned on me: That's one more reason for the men to keep their wives (barefoot and) pregnant - no menses, no abstinence!

Can't get the Gothard teachings quote here, but the OT rule of waiting 80 dags after having a girl and 40 after a boy (what about intersex children? :P ), comes from viewing women and girls as dirtier and less worth. :my_angry: The Biblical misogyny always makes my blood boil... 

Yeah i know that too is because is seen as the women are sinner,  because of the montly bleeding. IRC 

10 hours ago, EmmyJay said:

My grandmother is a fraternal twin. I have a feeling I'll be destined for twins myself since I can seriously feel myself ovulate and a lot of the time that weird 'pinch' is on both sides. (Am I a weirdo or can other women feel that too?)

God help me if Jessa is having twins she better have them in a hospital. I follow a woman on YouTube who had twins; and she was able to birth them vaginally just fine. The hospital accommodated her desire and compromised by having the birth take place in an OR in case something went south.

My uncles are fraternal twins, my dad is an identical, and we have frats rampant through the family (my aunt had some, my cousins also). So, on #2, I was freaked, especially since we had done fertility treatments and there were three eggs ready to go! Luckily, we got another single :)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived