IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

I'm morbidly curious to see what god awful name Bin forces onto Jessa and Baby this time. 

I'd also say i hope it's another boy and they have a string of 10 boys so they don't have an army of sistermoms, but all that would accomplish is sentencing poor Jordyn to years of being sent to live with her sistermom and raise her blessings for her. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm morbidly curious to see what god awful name Bin forces onto Jessa and Baby this time. 

I'd also say i hope it's another boy and they have a string of 10 boys so they don't have an army of sistermoms, but all that would accomplish is sentencing poor Jordyn to years of being sent to live with her sistermom and raise her blessings for her. 

With plenty of proclamations in THs about how "sweet" it is that Jordyn and Jessa are so close and how wee Jordyn has a "servant's heart".

NFP has been mentioned on this thread a few times but I think it's really not easy for fundies with all their other rules about sex. If they stick to Duggar rules AND do "safe" NFP (as safe as it can be) they really don't get much sex, you know... Let's do the math: For simplification I'll assume a textbook cycle of 28 days (which very few women who are not on the pill have). IIRC, they abstain for the time of menstruation and seven days after that which would be a little less than two weeks. The first few days after that abstinence would be the the most fertile in the cycle (It's not surprising fundies get pregnant all the time). If they wanted to play it "safe", they would have to wait for almost another week which would leave them about 7-9 consecutive days in 28 days for sex. I guess that just doesn't go with being available at all times?

For Spurgeon's sake, I hope they name baby nr 2 something ridicoulus too, and then change into more decent names. Just so he won't be alone in this. Then, when they both have turned 18, they go and change their names together (if they want to). 

I hope she actually has this one in a hospital. It bothers me immensely that these idiots spout their pro life propaganda and then…do the most unsafe things that could actually kill the kid.

Sadly, I fear that it'll take a baby actually passing away before they truly get it.

I googled ridiculous biblical names and I throw these into the hat for the new Spawn -

Mash

Amaziah

Dodo 

Chalcol

On

Basemath

Maher-shalal-hash-baz

Gad.

19 minutes ago, EmmyJay said:

I hope she actually has this one in a hospital. It bothers me immensely that these idiots spout their pro life propaganda and then…do the most unsafe things that could actually kill the kid.

Sadly, I fear that it'll take a baby actually passing away before they truly get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With either Jessa or JIll's first births were Iz or Spurge ever in danger? Was it mostly the mothers? Of course anything can happen to a baby during pregnancy or birth (or after!), but I thought it was mostly the J&J that were in danger the first go round. 

But with the number of Duggar girls that will be having babies in the coming years, if they keep pushing their luck, they will eventually have something terrible happen. Especially if the first ones out of the gate had a bad experience already! I mean, Michelle pushed her luck until she had a baby at 25 weeks, then pushed it even farther and lost a baby.

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

NFP has been mentioned on this thread a few times but I think it's really not easy for fundies with all their other rules about sex. If they stick to Duggar rules AND do "safe" NFP (as safe as it can be) they really don't get much sex, you know... Let's do the math: For simplification I'll assume a textbook cycle of 28 days (which very few women who are not on the pill have). IIRC, they abstain for the time of menstruation and seven days after that which would be a little less than two weeks. The first few days after that abstinence would be the the most fertile in the cycle (It's not surprising fundies get pregnant all the time). If they wanted to play it "safe", they would have to wait for almost another week which would leave them about 7-9 consecutive days in 28 days for sex. I guess that just doesn't go with being available at all times?

(SORRY IF TMI - Medical terms below)

I actually read a few books about this - a while back out of curiosity. A woman's egg is only viable for approximately 24 hours after it is released from the ovarian follicle, while sperm can live in your reproductive tract for three to five days, depending on the quality and quantity of your cervical mucus. 

So basically - abstaining for 5-7 days - if she is tracking either 1. her basal body temperature and 2. mucus - she would be able to tell if/when she is ovulating - assuming she is ovulating normally. 

I actually have hope for the Dullards. I still have some hope that they will only have maybe 1-2 kids, tops 5 kids maybe - go do missionary work perhaps, AWAY from the compound and live a semi-normal life. At least they are DOING something. I just can't get over that Jessa and Ben don't seem to be doing anything. I feel like they will have 20 kids and use the compound as a day care when they get tired of parenting.

Derick only has one sibling. He is also rocking a man bun now. He seems like he MIGHT be veering away from Duggars - and establishing his OWN "headship." One can hope. Not to mention they may both have been genuinely afraid with Jill's C-section emergency and be leery of another pregnancy still. I almost died with my first baby - that was 2 years ago and I still have nightmares and fears about it and so does my husband, he can't even talk about it. 

They have also mentioned things about No AC, and "travelers sickness," doesn't sound like a recipe for baby making to me. I can only hope that they veer away from the Boob and choose their own version of life. 

IMHO- I have no problem with people who decide to have lots of children if they can emotionally and financially handle it- it's when these crazy religious rules come in and you see these women having mental breakdowns because they can't handle hundreds of kids that really ticks me off.

I hope they have 5 max, do a little missionary work, and move a few states away from the compound. I have little to no hope for the Seewalds as far as making different choices.

22 hours ago, Mothership said:

AND, she gets to be giant pregnant at Jinger's wedding:  double win for Jessa!

This is off topic but I LOVE your picture :)

6 hours ago, coffeefilter said:

These are my thoughts exactly. Spurgeon seems like a super low-maintenance baby. My son was a colic baby and didn't sleep a full night until he was about 2 years old. I could never leave his side for the first year and he was always fussing. I decided when he was around 2 that I wasn't going to have another one until he could be more independent. Now when I'm a single mom, I think I may try for artificial insemination when my son is around 7-8 years old and can be more aware of what is going on.

When baby nr 2 arrives and it's a fussy baby, maybe they will understand! The sleep deprivation will definitely take its toll.

I'm sure they'll have another low maintenance baby....because of Jesus or something.

As for NFP (mentioned in other posts)....I have a hard time believing these women even understand a woman's body to know when they would be fertile. If I am remembering correctly, they all seem to take pregnancy tests and just random times without really knowing if it's 2 weeks(ish) after ovulation or whatever.

do you mother's think Jessa is so happy being a mom with her temperament because of a low maintenance baby? 

so if this new kid is not low maintenance she will what ? 

i am serious 

Well, when Spurge turns around 18 months old, he will turn into the Spawn of Satan & Jessa will have a newborn to care for. They get very willful about that age. They don't call it the Terrible Two's for nothing.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

do you mother's think Jessa is so happy being a mom with her temperament because of a low maintenance baby? 

i am serious 

My first was a colic baby for about 7 months straight. I had no help nearby so I was kind of on the verge of insanity for a long time... I used to hide in the closet so I could have 5 minutes of not hearing crying. If her next baby is not low maintenance I don't see her handling it well- I see her dropping off the baby at the compound and going off to get a manicure or something like that!

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I'm sure they'll have another low maintenance baby....because of Jesus or something.

As for NFP (mentioned in other posts)....I have a hard time believing these women even understand a woman's body to know when they would be fertile. If I am remembering correctly, they all seem to take pregnancy tests and just random times without really knowing if it's 2 weeks(ish) after ovulation or whatever.

About NFP - to be fair she did study midwifery and they have to know some of those things maybe?

1 minute ago, shock928 said:

My first was a colic baby for about 7 months straight. I had no help nearby so I was kind of on the verge of insanity for a long time... I used to hide in the closet so I could have 5 minutes of not hearing crying. If her next baby is not low maintenance I don't see her handling it well- I see her dropping off the baby at the compound and going off to get a manicure or something like that!

she clearly will be more at the TTH - the pictures now of her at TTH show her there constantly - so she is not fooling anyone saying she does it all alone. 

Ben leaves for work - you think she actually stays home and cleans - last night she even said oh look dust. 

39 minutes ago, shock928 said:

(SORRY IF TMI - Medical terms below)

I actually read a few books about this - a while back out of curiosity. A woman's egg is only viable for approximately 24 hours after it is released from the ovarian follicle, while sperm can live in your reproductive tract for three to five days, depending on the quality and quantity of your cervical mucus. 

So basically - abstaining for 5-7 days - if she is tracking either 1. her basal body temperature and 2. mucus - she would be able to tell if/when she is ovulating - assuming she is ovulating normally. 

BBT is useful for trying to confirm ovulation occurred, but isn't helpful in helping you determine a fertile window. Temp spike only happens after ovulation has already happened. If someone is trying NFP then they should always rely on other methods as well (such as mucus or OPKs) at least until they've been through a few cycles to see what sort of pattern appears.

(Pretty sure you'd already know this, but I wanted to explain for anyone reading who might not know. I read up on this stuff before we started trying for Velocibaby, so it's fresh in my mind.)

21 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Not surprised by the news at all. Happy that it puts a stop to any adoption through legitimate means.

Just like others, I suspect some pregnancy overlap with Jill and/or Jinger. And probably her "bestie" Sierra too. Hopefully not Anna though.

I am very relieved that they are not adopting. I was concerned for their children both bio and adopted. As an adopted woman, I was adopted at 6 days old, but you know there is something always different. I don't imagine the Duggars would be blind to biology and their "own." Often people will adopt a child and then have 1 or some of their own. Perhaps visa versa as well but  I rarely see this working out in the real world. I was an only adopted child and I not only saw this in my home, no bio children, however, it takes a lot of acceptance to the child like their biological ones. 

I am an advocate for adoption but the child is the first priority and the parents have to have the wisdom to help them (us) feel like we are not second class citizens.:confused2:   

21 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She had her 1st at 22, Michelle was 24, IIRC. MEchelle did have 2 twin pregnancies but Kelly Bates at all singletons, it can be done, but each one will be riskier and riskier. I really hope this slows the baby train down. Especially if J & D keep their family to a sane number, she won't have to compete with Jill anymore. 

All the Duggar girls carry that twin gene. My family is full of them including my mother so....I worry about # 2 becoming #2 and #3. I think we will be seeing twins from this 9 daughters I am guessing 15-20 sets in the "counting on generation!!!!" Jana to Josie.:56247953c05d2_32(6): I think we should be preparing for double up announcements.

23 minutes ago, nst said:

i am serious 

IDK- but what I do know is that there is a world of difference in parenting an easier vs a more difficult baby/child. My oldest never took a nap, not even as a baby. So, she was up in the morning until it was bedtime. She also liked to be held. Thank God I was home for 8 months. My second kid slept about 20 hours a day for the first year. All he wanted to do was sleep (slept through the night as soon as I brought him home from the hospital). I never had a baby with colick or one who was up all night. I would have been doomed. I also had no help.

If Seewald 2 is high maintenance, I'd say that Ben and the J-slaves will be bearing the burden every bit as much as Jessa. IMO, there will come a point where Ben decides, "no more kids"...at least for a bit. Although the TLC money does make it far easier. JB is going to have to find the Seewalds a bigger house!

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

We actually discussed this a good deal after Spurgeon was born. A lot of us were of the opinion that her tone was like that for a few reasons:

1. She knew there was a good chance it would be released and didn't want people knowing how bad the situation may have been.

2. She was trying to keep calm for Jessa and Ben. If she was panicking they likely would have too and that's the last thing they needed.

3. And the lack of details about baby was likely because she knew the chances of it being released were high. Jessa and Ben probably wanted to release details themselves and being vague about baby was one way to help them make it happen.

As I mentioned above, it was a high stress situation. I can completely see why she might have stumbled or had to hesitate a moment. She likely wasn't thinking about just celebrating Jessa's birthday, but about the fact that her child was bleeding heavily after giving birth.

Disclaimer: None of this is to say Michelle is a good or even decent mother. She really isn't. But I also understand that it was a dangerous situation and she was under a lot of pressure to keep calm. This is one time I'm willing to look past her tone - she got Jessa the help she needed when she needed it and she kept the new parents calm. That's what counts.

I have very similar reactions in crisis situations. I am usually a little spazzy but when crisis hits, I become completely calm and take charge. I can't fault Michelle for her 911 call. At least she made it.....I don't expect much from these people.

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

That's the first I hear of them not having sex for 7 days after menstruation. Is it confirmed that any Duggars do this or are you simply assuming because they randomly follow some OT rules? It seems kind of at odds with the whole "being joyfully available to your husbandat all times" business.

17 hours ago, August said:

You're assuming she's going to be mothering them. Things like attending to them when they need something, using developmentally appropriate techniques to distract and redirect them, baby proofing and feeding them when they're hungry are all unchristian.

From the day they are born these Duggar babies will be fed once every four hours for twenty minutes at a time, then changed and placed back in their crib. They'll be left in the crib alone for twelve hours a night from (is is six weeks or two?). They'll be blanket trained as soon as they can crawl. For those who don't know, blanket training is a mental playpen, you put them on a blanket, a toy just off the blanket, then every time they reach for it you hit them. Over and over until they are too scared to reach for toys. They also get hit when they drop something. After all, gravity's just a theory and we can't have babies figuring it out, can we?

Hopefully Erin's brush with infertility will have tempered her parenting. Are there any indications she's deviating from the party line? 

I know Duggar forum but I loved hearing Chad Pain say that they don't give Carson sugar because he doesn't want children to grow accustomed to bad food. At lease they care about what they feed their children. Jesse's motto is butter is better! Yikes 

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My second kid slept about 20 hours a day for the first year. All he wanted to do was sleep (slept through the night as soon as I brought him home from the hospital). I never had a baby with colick or one who was up all night. I would have been doomed. I also had no help.

I had good sleepers and they would sleep through at three weeks or less. I thought I was either lucky or I was doing a good job (or had double cream in my boobs as a friend suggested) . But now I am being told babies are not supposed to sleep through at that age and I starved them and should have woken them up. Still I am kind of glad I did not know that at the time! I enjoyed my sleep and my kids were/are fine.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

With either Jessa or JIll's first births were Iz or Spurge ever in danger? Was it mostly the mothers? Of course anything can happen to a baby during pregnancy or birth (or after!), but I thought it was mostly the J&J that were in danger the first go round. 

But with the number of Duggar girls that will be having babies in the coming years, if they keep pushing their luck, they will eventually have something terrible happen. Especially if the first ones out of the gate had a bad experience already! I mean, Michelle pushed her luck until she had a baby at 25 weeks, then pushed it even farther and lost a baby.

Jill's water broke 2 days before she went to the hospital and she had meconium staining (which is when they decided to go to the hospital) so yes, Israel was in distress at that point. I'm shocked Jill didn't get an infection, and I'm very glad they decided a c-section instead of attempting a breach delivery. 

IMO, Jill and Derick actually seem happy just having Izzy and being married right now. I do think they may be (or have been) actively trying to prevent a pregnancy while in SA. Derick is fully a part of the cult but I have no doubt that he genuinely and truly loves Jill, and he probably doesn't want to see something bad happen to her or their children when they have 15-20 plus fertile years left (Duggars stay fertile forever). I think Derick probably toes the party line, but uses his worldly knowledge to keep Jill safe. 

I think Jessa wants a mega family. I think she fell in love with having a baby of her own and wants a bunch more. I think Ben is very young, naive, and currently getting TLC/daddy Duggar pay checks so he probably doesn't care much how many kids they have. When they have 8 kids and the cash cow is dry, THAT'S when Ben will start to think condoms aren't such a bad idea. 

39 minutes ago, nst said:

i am serious 

Yes, my 1st was low maintenance, my 2nd  was not, she still isn't and she's 16. She was a momma's girl, she HATED to sleep, HATED IT, from the moment she was born.  I had to wrap her in a receiving blanket to pin her arms and legs down while I held her until she passed out from exhaustion, (it was either that get scratched and hit as she thrashed about, OR put her in her crib to scream for HOURS) until she was about 6 months old. After the 1st 8/10 weeks of me sleeping on the couch next to the swing she was in, or sleeping in the recliner with her on my chest we could get her to sleep in her crib all night if one of us took her to her room in the dark with static playing on a radio and held her and patter her bum and back, we couldn't walk because that was too much stimulation and it would make the process longer. It usually took 20 to 30 minutes before she was completely out then I would unwrap her pull the heating pad out of the crib (made the bad nice and warm like I was) laid her down and quickly go t out of her room and quietly shut her door.

Yes I know some of you perfect mommies are horrified that I would do this but it was the quickest and easiest way to get her to sleep, child is stubborn as a mule, and would cry for hours on end if left awake in her crib, the CIO method lasted 3 days in our house and neither of us could take it as each night it took LONGER for her to go to sleep not less time. She's still stubborn as a mule and she still fights sleep, but she can lay in bed and play on her phone until 2 in the morning and be dead tired at school, that's on her. Because if you are tired MORE sleep won't help that, at least according to her.  Teenage logic being what it is. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived