IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

On 8/28/2016 at 7:12 PM, barbecutie said:

I think because of all the backlash the other Duggar/Dillard accounts have received for certain posts, I can see her being wary of having her own. I do think they will  share a joint account for their ministry when it gets up and running after she moves to Texas. I think she has the makings of the next Tammy Faye!

She's already got the eye makeup going.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so if i understand from reading 

you all think Jeremy and Jinge will secretly get married in September and announce it and then show it on tv in October 

what's with the conspiracy behind - the fake soundstage ?

Or because of the scandals and the gifting of her sisters. 

so they would be guaranteed story lines for April of next year based on Jessa. 

or could it be in September because Jill has to leave for SCA in October and Jessa doesn't want to be big for BESTFRIENDS wedding 

so it's all about the other girls 

I'm amazed there isn't a public gift registry already set up, they're really slacking ;) Maybe (because he's not a horny teen) they're looking at a spring date, now that would be something!

Unless they really are having a quiet wedding, I don't see them making it down the aisle without someone leaking the date.

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I think they know when their wedding is, but are trying to keep it from the public. Everyone who DOES know would be sworn to secrecy. They may tell on the day of, or a day or two before, or they may announce that they're married, and that's it. But I'm sure the location will be secret, for fear they may get unwanted "wedding crashers/stalkers" and so on.

That's just it- on the post that I saw (it was a flight itinerary) the dates of the flights were sort of blurred out, but not well enough that you couldn't clearly see that one of the departing flights was Sep. 15.

Didn't they have security at one of the weddings and people weren't allowed to take/post pictures? Or did I just imagine that?

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't they have security at one of the weddings and people weren't allowed to take/post pictures? Or did I just imagine that?

dont know about the pictures part :D

but you could see security both at Jessa and Jill's weddings when they were outside 

Jill had a 3-week ban on posting wedding pics to give People and TLC exclusivity for a while. As I recall the first wedding picture out for Jill was the People shot of her and Derick. They kept a decent lid on it. 

There was also visible security at both weddings.

I keep thinking they will attempt to hide Jinger's wedding until day of or until it's all over. I think they want to avoid the paparazzi as much as the haters. I'm sure pictures of Josh smiling with the whole family will still garner a few headlines ;) 

On 8/18/2016 at 7:16 AM, paulypepper said:

ring-zoom-3a3f9c17-65e4-467d-a1f6-be19c0

Jeremy needs a manicure or at least learn some basic nail care. Does that count as BEC or just me being very anal? I'm just weird about nails like that. :my_wink:

Omg me too! I've very weird about man hands. I can't date a guy who has weird nails and hands. Even on TV hands are the first thing I notice on celebrities.

6 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oficcially it was on late july. Probably late june. It's short, but normal duggar short

not the 15th!!!! that is my anniversary, rat bastards!

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

not the 15th!!!! that is my anniversary, rat bastards!

Since the 15th is a Thursday, I think you'll be okay!

My bet is they get married the 17th or 18th. Do the Duggars usually do Saturday weddings?

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

Since the 15th is a Thursday, I think you'll be okay!

My bet is they get married the 17th or 18th. Do the Duggars usually do Saturday weddings?

That is probably more likely. the wording of the first post threw me off :) but a secret wedding on a thursday...it would throw people off their game!

Sorry everyone, it was me that threw the name Andrea Yates out there. No one get mad at anyone else, please!

*waves white flag*

8 hours ago, elliha said:

I particularly like the smaller of the two rings, very classy.

Thanks. :)

The bottom one is my wedding band.  For whatever reason it was hard to find a wedding band that looked good with my engagement ring. I don't know if it's the heart shape or the sapphires fault.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

For once I wouldn't exactly blame them. It's the first wedding for one of their children that they've had since the molestation and adultery scandals broke. I'd probably be concerned and err on the side of caution too if I were them. 

That said, it's also possible it's someone else's wedding. September is a pretty popular wedding month. I would have loved to have been married in Septemner or October, but popularity raises prices and we wouldn't have had as nice a wedding for the price we paid if we went with a different month.

(I don't think that would matter too much for a Duggar style wedding though. A lot of the price jacking is linked to receptions - they likely save a lot by keeping their receptions at the ceremony site and keeping things more low key with a "cake and punch" style reception.)

My husband and I picked our wedding day before we were even engaged. We were on our way to his sister's first wedding, and it was hot. So very hot, and outside. We weren't a fan of the heat, so we got to talking about what month we liked. I said how I always liked October, and husband was cool with that. Our first date was on the 15th of a different month, and I said how cool it would be to get married on the 15th. Then I took out my phone and figured out when October 15th was on a Saturday. I told him, he agreed with the date, and that was that! As far as I know it wasn't any more expensive than any other time of year. Well, except for holidays and stuff like that. Our reception package didn't say anything about month prices, and I went to a wholesale place for my flowers and got ones that were in season. :)

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

He has more followers than John Shrader! Maybe they'll take to grifting for church planting, aided by DJ Rapper Binjermin and his krew.

they have 5 families, I'm guessing bringing Jinger will bring in a few more.  But it depends on how charismatic a preacher Jeremy is. I'm listening to a sermon he did 2 weeks ago, 3 minutes in and he's talking about suffering and so far I know all about suffering.  

24 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

My husband and I picked our wedding day before we were even engaged. We were on our way to his sister's first wedding, and it was hot. So very hot, and outside. We weren't a fan of the heat, so we got to talking about what month we liked. I said how I always liked October, and husband was cool with that. Our first date was on the 15th of a different month, and I said how cool it would be to get married on the 15th. Then I took out my phone and figured out when October 15th was on a Saturday. I told him, he agreed with the date, and that was that! As far as I know it wasn't any more expensive than any other time of year. Well, except for holidays and stuff like that. Our reception package didn't say anything about month prices, and I went to a wholesale place for my flowers and got ones that were in season. :)

A lot of reception sites change the price based off season. At least in my area (Southern New England.) I was going to do a price comparision for our venue, but I guess I threw out the pricing information for the seasons we didn't get married. Whoops!

An offseason wedding with a sit down dinner at our venue (November through March) had a minimum guest count of 100 and a base price of $63.99 per plate (for November of 2015.) 

I do remember that for weddings held between April and October the minimum guest count was upped to 125. And the base price was higher as well - closer to $70 per plate. 

So that alone would have driven the price up for us quite a bit. Lol!

Its possible some venues don't change pricing. If you went in knowing an exact date then they wouldn't have needed to tell you about any potential pricing variations for different months. Husband and I knew we wanted fall of 2015 - either October or November. So they gave us all the information and we picked a date based off that.

(And I'm a big fan of grocery store wedding flowers. We got our's from a local chain and it was way less pricy than if we had gone to a fancier florist. The flowers looked beautiful, no one guessed where we got them, and our wallets were still fat and happy.)

My bets for the wedding is its going to be in Texas at Jeremy's church with around 200 guests and I think October is more realistic to plan all theyre going to. 

I can't wait to see what kind of dress she goes for though.

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

A lot of reception sites change the price based off season. At least in my area (Southern New England.) I was going to do a price comparision for our venue, but I guess I threw out the pricing information for the seasons we didn't get married. Whoops!

An offseason wedding with a sit down dinner at our venue (November through March) had a minimum guest count of 100 and a base price of $63.99 per plate (for November of 2015.) 

I do remember that for weddings held between April and October the minimum guest count was upped to 125. And the base price was higher as well - closer to $70 per plate. 

Its possible some venues don't change pricing. If you went in knowing an exact date then they wouldn't have needed to tell you about any potential pricing variations for different months. Husband and I knew we wanted fall of 2015 - either October or November. So they gave us all the information and we picked a date based off that.

(And I'm a big fan of grocery store wedding flowers. We got our's from a local chain and it was way less pricy than if we had gone to a fancier florist. The flowers looked beautiful, no one guessed where we got them, and our wallets were still fat and happy.)

Ugh, those minimum guest counts drove me MAD when we were planning our wedding. Mr Alba and I are kind of introverted, you see, and we only had 20 people we wanted to invite to our wedding. All the reception venues we looked at had a minimum of 100 guests. We're not sure that we even KNOW 100 people between us.

In the end we rented the back room at a restaurant and, while they did charge us an extra £200 because we didn't fill the space, we also didn't have to invite people we didn't want to to make up the numbers.

If his church is just a store front, I wouldn't want to be married there. How ugly and plain. I bet they get married in a nice church. Either Jeremy's Dad's church or one near the Duggar compound.

Since I don't watch the show and only read here, I completely missed this gem.

Spoiler

tumblr_ocg57mp3YJ1uh0b88o3_250.gif tumblr_ocg57mp3YJ1uh0b88o4_250.gif

48 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I just looked at the reception place that we had ours, and wow has it changed from 2011!!! There are more packages, and discounts for Friday or Sunday receptions. I don't remember any of that from when I got married, but it was almost five years ago, lol. I do remember that there was a minimum for rooms. They had six rooms altogether, with two of them being able to open and become one. So, I mean, a lot could have changed in that time, ya know? And, to be honest, we only looked at one other place before the one we chose. So, other places could have done that with pricing. Once we got the Church, I called around knowing the day. I think a place or two was already booked up when I called.

The wholesale place was amazing!!! The flowers were soooo cheap, and the best part was that they supply them to local florists. So I literally got the same flowers as if I would have went to an official florist, and I saved a ton! :D

If you don't mind me asking, when is your anniversary? :)

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think they officially showed that yet, but, they did show it as a preview of the upcoming season.

33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hide contents

Ok I may have to find the episode somewhere just to see this part, lol.

20 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

I just looked at the reception place that we had ours, and wow has it changed from 2011!!! There are more packages, and discounts for Friday or Sunday receptions. I don't remember any of that from when I got married, but it was almost five years ago, lol. I do remember that there was a minimum for rooms. They had six rooms altogether, with two of them being able to open and become one. So, I mean, a lot could have changed in that time, ya know? And, to be honest, we only looked at one other place before the one we chose. So, other places could have done that with pricing. Once we got the Church, I called around knowing the day. I think a place or two was already booked up when I called.

The wholesale place was amazing!!! The flowers were soooo cheap, and the best part was that they supply them to local florists. So I literally got the same flowers as if I would have went to an official florist, and I saved a ton!

If you don't mind me asking, when is your anniversary? :)

I don't think they officially showed that yet, but, they did show it as a preview of the upcoming season.

We were married November 7 last year. Almost exactly two years after my husband proposed. :)

And I wouldn't be surprised if a ton has changed over the years. Last year my grandparents found the receipts from their wedding reception and the reception for her sister's wedding as well. They both cost under $400.00 total and had a good number of guests (don't remember exact numbers.) I mean, the weddings were in 1957 and 1958... But damn son... :pb_lol:

57 minutes ago, alba said:

Ugh, those minimum guest counts drove me MAD when we were planning our wedding. Mr Alba and I are kind of introverted, you see, and we only had 20 people we wanted to invite to our wedding. All the reception venues we looked at had a minimum of 100 guests. We're not sure that we even KNOW 100 people between us.

In the end we rented the back room at a restaurant and, while they did charge us an extra £200 because we didn't fill the space, we also didn't have to invite people we didn't want to to make up the numbers.

I know right? We invited close to 125 people. We knew some wouldn't be able to attend for various reasons (like travel for his Great-Aunts), but we figured we'd hit at least the 100. That didn't happen though. Because of his grandparents and some members of his mom's family. Really long story, but we wound up closer to 80 guests and had to pay for 100 to attend (the venue did cut the price a tiny bit for us, which they didn't need to do.) It was better they didn't come though - we all had a great time and we didn't have to worry that someone was going to cause a scene. 

21 hours ago, justodd said:

Oh, yikes! That is an unfortunate mixup. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Duggar girl go the Andrea Yates route. :nay-za-warudo:

WTF??? What would  possess you to post something like that, much less think it?  Some thoughts are better left unshared.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived