IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

20 minutes ago, FundiesInParis said:

Sorry if this has already been brought upI haven't made it through all 10 pages, but does Jinger have an instagram yet?

She does not.

An easy way to tell - check the Instagram accounts for the other Duggars (Jill, Jessa, Ben, Derick, and Duggar Fam. Also Anna and Josiah, but they never really use it anymore) to see who they are following. Any official account will be followed by them. If you find an account that looks legit, but isn't followed by them then don't trust it.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering whether Jeremy's "church" will rapidly expand now that a Duggar is marrying him and will potentially be living there and joining his church as the pastor's wife.

I'm surprised Jessa hasn't "lovingly encouraged" her sister to get an Instagram account yet so that she can share how #blessed !!1!!!!1! she is with the rest of the world.

7 hours ago, hand holder said:

I'm surprised Jessa hasn't "lovingly encouraged" her sister to get an Instagram account yet so that she can share how #blessed !!1!!!!1! she is with the rest of the world.

I think because of all the backlash the other Duggar/Dillard accounts have received for certain posts, I can see her being wary of having her own. I do think they will  share a joint account for their ministry when it gets up and running after she moves to Texas. I think she has the makings of the next Tammy Faye!

18 hours ago, Bim said:

God. What are these people going to do when nobody cares about their magazine articles and tv shows anymore? Theyre going to have a million kids and dwindling income.

Same thing they did before, depend on the kindness of suckers  church friends.  That is how KJB and MEchelle survived before TLC, hand me down clothes, free housing and his father. 

16 hours ago, Purrl said:

The larger church that is sponsoring the plant usually covers the pastor's salary & other church expenses until the smaller church become self-supporting. Sometimes there is also an association of churches in the area that provide support.

20+ years ago I joined a church that was a plant, it started with 22 families and was supported by the "mother church" for 1 year.  We met in the local High School gym.  The church "office" was a spare room in the Pastors house. 2 years later they had about 100 members and bought a small house from a member that had been using it as a rental.  They had the Pastors office a "meeting room" and a secretary .  They 5 years later they started fixing that house up and sold it as they started to build the church.  There area about 300/350 families in the church now.  It took nearly 10 years to get to the point where they were really set, and the pastor and family lived pretty poor, there were times we did food drives for them, we would have rummage sales and give the proceeds to them so they could buy clothes for their now 3 kids.  I don't see any of the Duggar kids living like this now after the $$$$ from TLC.  

Sorry to change the topic kind of but...

I'm dying to know what Jinger and Jeremy's courting rules were or if they were the same. They do always like to stress that they let them set their own rules.

I was surprised that when Jeremy asked Jinger to court there wasn't an official chaperone.  Usually the Duggars love to make a point of focusing on the chaperone (remember how Jill and Derrick NEEDED a chaperone during their devotionals on their wedding day). 

11 hours ago, Bim said:

Sorry to change the topic kind of but...

I'm dying to know what Jinger and Jeremy's courting rules were or if they were the same. They do always like to stress that they let them set their own rules.

I was surprised that when Jeremy asked Jinger to court there wasn't an official chaperone.  Usually the Duggars love to make a point of focusing on the chaperone (remember how Jill and Derrick NEEDED a chaperone during their devotionals on their wedding day). 

They had the whole family watching them from the dinning area window, and a camera crew in front of them. I guess that was their chaperone. I'm thinking that when Jeremy finally showed up on camera it was because they were already engaged, so they had to go back and recreate the courting and the engagement. It would also explain all the "fast track" comments that Jing and Jer and the Kidults kept repeating. 

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They had the whole family watching them from the dinning area window, and a camera crew in front of them. I guess that was their chaperone. I'm thinking that when Jeremy finally showed up on camera it was because they were already engaged, so they had to go back and recreate the courting and the engagement. It would also explain all the "fast track" comments that Jing and Jer and the Kidults kept repeating. 

plus if you compare the announcement of jessa and Jill to "jinge' things have worn off.  Clearly from Joy's expression.   And the lack of FAMILY meeting crapola 

The controlling of the children is wasting away.  They are growing up - which is great because the stand in a line and demand answers times are GONE.  It's GREAT 

if it happens behind the scenes - that is a whole other story. 

On 8/23/2016 at 4:04 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I don't understand Duggars cheap weddings. In a culture where everything  is about mariage and kids, a wedding must be a beautiful party. They are rich, they also can get free clothes. Why don't do a nice party? Even Maxwells organizar weddings with elegant clothes and a meal.

The cake/punch reception is traditional for much of the rural South, not just for fundies/evangelicals. I'm from the least-fundie family possible, but the norm in my family is cake/punch/champagne with a receiving line. Culturally, the focus is on family, and many people are still pretty poor or only 1-2 generations removed from poverty. The Duggars could definitely step up the organization for their receptions, but I wouldn't expect them to put on a full meal (even for a very small wedding).

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, I agree. They may be allowed to change some minor rules about courtship, but I doubt they have tons of leeway. After the 2 scandals and counting, I'd wager this relationship is more regulated than ever. Didn't the guy even have a very PR-friendly website already constructed when news of their engagement courtship was announced? No need for a chaperone when it's completely manufactured to begin with and going off-script could interfere with ratings. 

12 minutes ago, December said:

Yeah, I agree. They may be allowed to change some minor rules about courtship, but I doubt they have tons of leeway. After the 2 scandals and counting, I'd wager this relationship is more regulated than ever. Didn't the guy even have a very PR-friendly website already constructed when news of their engagement courtship was announced? No need for a chaperone when it's completely manufactured to begin with and going off-script could interfere with ratings. 

you really believe the average newest viewer believes anything they spout about courtships

they will be regurgitating stuff tomorrow we have been hearing for what three years.

6 minutes ago, nst said:

you really believe the average newest viewer believes anything they spout about courtships

they will be regurgitating stuff tomorrow we have been hearing for what three years.

Considering how many fans seemed to believe that the way they handled the Josh scandals was appropriate and thorough, I'd say a good portion of people still watching believe all the courtship stuff. Even if the majority of viewers now realize it's all ridiculous and hypocritical. 

On August 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM, barbecutie said:

I think because of all the backlash the other Duggar/Dillard accounts have received for certain posts, I can see her being wary of having her own. I do think they will  share a joint account for their ministry when it gets up and running after she moves to Texas. I think she has the makings of the next Tammy Faye!

I can only wish one of the Duggar girls could be that cool. Tammy Faye was really big on respecting people with different lifestyles (she became friends with Ron Jeremy!) and loving people in the LGBT community. I think PTL actually did some stuff on those suffering with AIDS when it was still quite taboo to talk about, because she wanted to encourage other Christians to respond with compassion instead of judgement and fear. Tammy Faye gets a bad rap (thanks to her jerk ex-husband), but she was a lot more an just some bad mascara. 

(Also, your username wouldn't be a Sparks reference, would it?)

I mixed up Tammy Faye with Andrea Yates in my head and just wtf'd really hard.

Off to bed for me, apparently. 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I mixed up Tammy Faye with Andrea Yates in my head and just wtf'd really hard.

Off to bed for me, apparently. 

Oh, yikes! That is an unfortunate mixup. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Duggar girl go the Andrea Yates route. :nay-za-warudo:

@justodd, I hope you're talking about Andrea Yates being mentally ill and not her actions in particular. I would never want to speculate about actions like that.

And I feel so sorry for her. Her mental illness was so unfortunate and not her fault at all.

2 hours ago, justodd said:

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Duggar girl go the Andrea Yates route. 

Wow, I have to caution you on speculating on this particular subject.  Perhaps you have the players confused?!

From what I recall, Yates drowned her kids.  I am appalled anyone would think Duggar parenting/upbringing would have this as an outcome... and I am not a Duggar fan.... but.... no.  Let's not go there.

2 hours ago, justodd said:

Oh, yikes! That is an unfortunate mixup. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Duggar girl go the Andrea Yates route. :nay-za-warudo:

I think it's time we began stuffing that horse back in the barn.  We'll have a flapping parrot showing up shortly as for now:

579683e7d8106_angryparrot.jpg.a1105fd8e44e63b17dd83aa2e7237797.jpg

I'm late to the party with my rings and proposal story, but I'm going to add in hopes of getting this topic in a different direction.

My now husband proposed to me in his room. It was pretty simple. He tried to get his cat in on it, but she wanted to go free. That cat became my best friend and I was her protector. She was 14 when she moved in with us when we got married, and she was 19 when she passed away at the beginning of this year. We all miss her.

20160830_031813.jpg

2 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I'm late to the party with my rings and proposal story, but I'm going to add in hopes of getting this topic in a different direction.

My now husband proposed to me in his room. It was pretty simple. He tried to get his cat in on it, but she wanted to go free. That cat became my best friend and I was her protector. She was 14 when she moved in with us when we got married, and she was 19 when she passed away at the beginning of this year. We all miss her.

20160830_031813.jpg

I particularly like the smaller of the two rings, very classy.

A friend of the Duggars posted on IG that she booked a flight for a wedding in Arkansas Thu. Sep 15. Possibly Jinger's? When was the engagement again? Feels like a short turnaround time even for the Duggars but maybe?

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

A friend of the Duggars posted on IG that she booked a flight for a wedding in Arkansas Thu. Sep 15. Possibly Jinger's? When was the engagement again? Feels like a short turnaround time even for the Duggars but maybe?

Oficcially it was on late july. Probably late june. It's short, but normal duggar short

I think they know when their wedding is, but are trying to keep it from the public. Everyone who DOES know would be sworn to secrecy. They may tell on the day of, or a day or two before, or they may announce that they're married, and that's it. But I'm sure the location will be secret, for fear they may get unwanted "wedding crashers/stalkers" and so on.

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

I think they know when their wedding is, but are trying to keep it from the public. Everyone who DOES know would be sworn to secrecy. They may tell on the day of, or a day or two before, or they may announce that they're married, and that's it. But I'm sure the location will be secret, for fear they may get unwanted "wedding crashers/stalkers" and so on.

For once I wouldn't exactly blame them. It's the first wedding for one of their children that they've had since the molestation and adultery scandals broke. I'd probably be concerned and err on the side of caution too if I were them. 

That said, it's also possible it's someone else's wedding. September is a pretty popular wedding month. I would have loved to have been married in Septemner or October, but popularity raises prices and we wouldn't have had as nice a wedding for the price we paid if we went with a different month.

(I don't think that would matter too much for a Duggar style wedding though. A lot of the price jacking is linked to receptions - they likely save a lot by keeping their receptions at the ceremony site and keeping things more low key with a "cake and punch" style reception.)

On 8/27/2016 at 11:15 PM, SassyPants said:

5 families? FFS, another made up job. And the 1 guy who actually had a job for a year, missed many, many days and then quit. 

These people are not role models for anyone or anything positive. They live an unrealistic lifestyle. They need to learn how to survive without TLC money.

He has more followers than John Shrader! Maybe they'll take to grifting for church planting, aided by DJ Rapper Binjermin and his krew.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived