IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Oooh, I wanna show off my dress too! I wore a blush-colored dress, like Jessa. ;)

J&N Web-194.jpg

That's so pretty! Accidentally Duggar-modest as well!

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

@JillyO  I think you made a good choice by going with a more natural makeup look with that pink dress! :my_sleepy:

I did, didn't I? Thank you for noticing. :D

Thanks @alba & @Captain Obvious.

26 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Accidentally Duggar-modest as well!

You'd think so, but the back was definitely not Duggar-modest. :pb_lol: I also took the topper off for the reception (let's call it what it was) party, making it a *gasp* strapless dress. I'm such a harlot!

Our proposal was very non existent. We'd discussed having kids (decided we wanted them soon), and marriage (he wasn't convinced, but was probably up for it given it was important to me). Sitting side by side on the couch, and I asked him, so, shall we have an engagement party? He said yes. 

We designed my ring together - he didn't want white gold, and yellow doesn't look great on me, so we were both happy with rose gold. Went and picked out the stone together (I didn't want a diamond, but the little ones either side looked nice to me - ended up with a colour change sapphire), and then had a long painful process with an etsy designer to get the thing actually put together. Once the ring was in his possession, he asked me from his knees at one of the wedding venues we were considering. I liked how backwards the order was. 

Spoiler

Side design.jpgColour.jpg

And to add to the coloured dresses (although mine isn't blue) - purple. The lower tier zipped off for dancing. 

Spoiler

Dress.jpgPromise.jpg

I put my promise ring in for good measure too. (And to add to the horror of the Duggars, I got it for myself). 

38 minutes ago, winterdice said:

Our proposal was very non existent. We'd discussed having kids (decided we wanted them soon), and marriage (he wasn't convinced, but was probably up for it given it was important to me). Sitting side by side on the couch, and I asked him, so, shall we have an engagement party? He said yes. 

We designed my ring together - he didn't want white gold, and yellow doesn't look great on me, so we were both happy with rose gold. Went and picked out the stone together (I didn't want a diamond, but the little ones either side looked nice to me - ended up with a colour change sapphire), and then had a long painful process with an etsy designer to get the thing actually put together. Once the ring was in his possession, he asked me from his knees at one of the wedding venues we were considering. I liked how backwards the order was. 

Hide contents

Side design.jpgColour.jpg

And to add to the coloured dresses (although mine isn't blue) - purple. The lower tier zipped off for dancing. 

Hide contents

Dress.jpgPromise.jpg

I put my promise ring in for good measure too. (And to add to the horror of the Duggars, I got it for myself). 

That dress is freaking amazing. LOVE.

Sorry to derail the thread drift.

Someone on the Jill R thread wondered if the likes of Jill R and company  is the reason Jinger's wants a small wedding (yet to be seen if this actually happens). 

I wonder if she wants it small because his family wants t, you know, feed the wedding guests something other than ice cream, cookies and candy. 

Ok back to talking about all of us!

Last night I finally powered through the latest episode of Counting On.  I noticed that Jinger is in the early stages of the crazy eyes syndrome.  Also, there were moments where I noticed the baby voice.  Tragic but bound to happen I suppose.  I really don't know how I feel about Jeremy.  Something about him seemed a bit off to me but I couldn't pin point what it was.  Time will tell I guess.  Anyone else get kind of an off feeling about him ?

Being a "Preacherman" Might not be Jeremy's only job. I've had pastors who did manual labor besides. One was a farmer. And Jinger will be fairly busy as a Pastor's wife; some supervise luncheons, Bible studies, SS, church fairs, soup kitchens, second hand clothes closet. She could have a lot to contribute.

I really hope Jinger and Jeremy get married super quickly so Jeremy has less time with the awful fundies. Hopefully being away from their brainwashing Jinger and Jeremy can just become normalish Christians.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 9:20 PM, nausicaa said:

Yes, me too! I love dark blue and have thought about wearing a blue dress as a wedding dress (if that ever happens...) It is good to know others have gone the blue route. I've never been a fan of how I look in white.

The only thing holding me back is that I'd also love to wear a mantilla veil and I think a white veil would clash and a dark blue veil might make me look like a woman at a funeral in 1875. 

Do it! Picking a blue dress was the best thing I've done. 

You're kind of right about the white veil, it wouldn't go with blue. If I wore a veil with my blue dress I'd have chosen black, that really would look like a funeral but as I said before I'm a bit of a goth!

Wow, @winterdice, your dress is amazing!!

this thread is making me wish I was a little more brave in my fashion choices. I tried on a pale gold ball gown (think Beauty and the Beast) but ended up getting a white one. I love my dress, but still regret not being a little more confident in myself. 

Thank-you folks!

I think the white mantilla could go with blue, but it'd depend a bit on the blue. 

Is there any evidence Jeremy isn't already fundie?

I love all the coloured dresses, it kind of makes me sad I went with the whole "must be white" thing (even though I loved my dress). I think it just shows how amazing stepping out the box can be :) 

One thing I've learned working for a designer is that most things can go together if there's a bit of the same on each. If there's some of the same material as the veil on the dress, that could make them look really good together. 

My dress was a white a-line with a high waist. The strap on each side split into 3 at the shoulder and they interwove together down the back. It was really cool.

Your purple wedding dress is amazing!  And beautiful. :)

5 hours ago, winterdice said:

<Snip for space.>

Is there any evidence Jeremy isn't already fundie?

Not that I know of.  There is a whole lot of evidence that he is already very Fundie.  

His father was a Fundie pastor.  Young Jeremy sowed a few wild oats and is back in the fold by his own testimony.  The church he co-pastors is a recent store front church plant operation and only involves about 5 families.  It seems a weird crossover of Baptist and Calvinist in its approach. So definitely Fundie, but not IBLP type of Fundie.   https://www.facebook.com/gcc.laredo/

Only 5 families? Where/how is Jeremy currently getting his money? I know the money front will change after the marriage, but I can't see that co-pastoring gig paying much at all.

5 families? FFS, another made up job. And the 1 guy who actually had a job for a year, missed many, many days and then quit. 

These people are not role models for anyone or anything positive. They live an unrealistic lifestyle. They need to learn how to survive without TLC money.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

5 families? FFS, another made up job. And the 1 guy who actually had a job for a year, missed many, many days and then quit. 

These people are not role models for anyone or anything positive. They live an unrealistic lifestyle. They need to learn how to survive without TLC money.

another reason ben loves him - he is half a calvinist 

now why do you think jessa got pregnant - because of TLC money 

God. What are these people going to do when nobody cares about their magazine articles and tv shows anymore? Theyre going to have a million kids and dwindling income.

5 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Only 5 families? Where/how is Jeremy currently getting his money? I know the money front will change after the marriage, but I can't see that co-pastoring gig paying much at all.

The larger church that is sponsoring the plant usually covers the pastor's salary & other church expenses until the smaller church become self-supporting. Sometimes there is also an association of churches in the area that provide support.

Sorry if this has already been brought upI haven't made it through all 10 pages, but does Jinger have an instagram yet?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived