IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

Continued from here:

Last post by

nastyhobbitses:

Re Jinger moving to Laredo: Do you think there will be nearly as much wailing and gnashing of teeth as the Bates kids did when Michael moved ALL THE WAY TO CHICAGO OMG SO FAR AND CITIES ARE SCARY AND BAD?

Re kids: I really, really hope they don't try to go for QF Generation 2. As much as I don't want Jill to have a buttload of kids, she seems the one best suited for such a life, personality-wise (though maybe not logistics-wise if her childrearing style continues to involve letting her kids tongue-kiss appliances and inappropriately restraining them in car seats...). Jessa seems like she'd do well with more than one, but not more than 3 or thereabouts. With Jinger, I think any more than 2-3 would cause a laundry room meltdown.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ring-zoom-3a3f9c17-65e4-467d-a1f6-be19c0

Jeremy needs a manicure or at least learn some basic nail care. Does that count as BEC or just me being very anal? I'm just weird about nails like that. :my_wink:

I love the new topic titles. We are having a song theme here it seems ;)

And the picture above couldn;t us weekly have sprung for some nail care for Jeremy or at least photoshop it if there wasn;t time....

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why are fundie engagement rings so boring?

Because none of these fundie women have developed a personality?

Could it be monetary value? Fundies either can't afford to get a big ring or they don't want to splurge? 

I wonder in the Duggar camp if there's pressure to get similar rings so no one gets jealous. Like how did Ben pay for Jessa's ring by cleaning toilets? Did JB or Ben's family help him out?  I bet Jeremy could have afforded better than Ben by maybe was told not to. 

Also: I'm really happy Jinger is moving to Larado. Maybe she will be a pretty pastor wife puppet and not much else but at least she'll be out of Arkansas and away from JB's hold.

I think it's just the current fashion, but price might have something to do with it.

MrCoveredInBees and I went ring shopping this week (let's pretend it was to celebrate 18 years of wedded bliss and not just because we both have fatter fingers than all those years ago) and we were a bit blown away at the prices (and we were just looking for plain gold bands). We did manage to get them in budget in the end (and nice ones too, we're not all about the price ;) ) but we had a good look at the sparkly/shiny things while we were there. It certainly doesn't take a lot to break the bank anymore!

2 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Jeremy needs a manicure or at least learn some basic nail care. Does that count as BEC or just me being very anal? I'm just weird about nails like that. :my_wink:

This reminds me of the "extreme closeup" during the Wayne's World bit on Saturday Night Live.

Call me crazy, but it's just not that important to me to be able to count the wrinkles in her hands or the hangnails on his.

38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why are fundie engagement rings so boring?

I think boring is probably a very subjective term here. Solitaires have been a classic look for a very long time.

My sister and I have similar engagement rings. Both are white gold three stone diamond rings. There are some differences - like price, size, and where they were bought. But they're relatively similar. So it doesn't strike me as weird that the Duggar sisters might have similar style rings. It could be they just have similar taste or that price was a big factor for the couples or they just wanted something more traditional.

(Also, please see Michael Bates Keilen's engagement ring if you want to see a Fundie with a non-Solitaire engagement ring.)

A Tiffany Princess cut solitaire is the engagement ring my boyfriend and I picked out for when the time comes :my_blush: I like them a lot. Plus, those halo rings have a lot of problems with diamonds falling out/getting snagged on stuff. 

I like Jinger's ring. Maybe he can't afford a huge ring with a ton of diamonds, or maybe she didn't want an ostentatious ring. 

3 hours ago, paulypepper said:

I'm going to reserve judgment about his nails because my nails are a hot mess. No time/money for manicures + anxiety manifesting itself as skin picking/nail biting + turning in my dissertation this week = gnarly-ass nails.

When I married in first grade I got a ring out of a chewing gum machine! (We celebrated the marriage with our teacher and had a little ceremony. We never got a divorce, haha!)

38 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm going to reserve judgment about his nails because my nails are a hot mess. No time/money for manicures + anxiety manifesting itself as skin picking/nail biting + turning in my dissertation this week = gnarly-ass nails.

when i look at jeremy's close up hands, i see hard working hands. not soft and super clean and manicured. nothing wrong with soft hands either! my husband is a mechanic, his hands look similar, but worse than that. i wonder why jeremy's are like that? what kind of dirty work is a Pastor doing?

3 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

when i look at jeremy's close up hands, i see hard working hands. not soft and super clean and manicured. nothing wrong with soft hands either! my husband is a mechanic, his hands look similar, but worse than that. i wonder why jeremy's are like that? what kind of dirty work is a Pastor doing?

let's just be grateful he doesn't paint his nails 

I'm going to sit on my hands from now on. I didn't realise that nails are so important.

:my_confused:

I have a solitaire, chosen by my husband. I'm very happy with it, I like plain.

But I'm a simple soul.

48 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

When I married in first grade I got a ring out of a chewing gum machine! (We celebrated the marriage with our teacher and had a little ceremony. We never got a divorce, haha!)

Married in fourth grade at recess. BF at the time and I dressed up. We even had a classmate preform the ceremony. He gave me a ring. Looking back I think it was real that he'd brought from home and that's why we divorced at lunch time and wanted the ring back. I had gotten him one from a coin machine at Food Lion the day before. He gave that back in a dinenr roll at lunch. Still continued to be boyfriend/girlfriend until the summer

1 hour ago, Kyoo said:

The Helpmeets are bound and determined that I'm going to have certain songs stuck in my head all day long.

Going to the Chapel is not nearly so bad as Son of a Preacher Man. At least to me. In fact, ever since I saw the thread name changed, Dusty is back.

8 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Going to the Chapel is not nearly so bad as Son of a Preacher Man. At least to me. In fact, ever since I saw the thread name changed, Dusty is back.

Dusty ever left? :)

@samurai_sarah after several days residence, Dusty was no longer in my head. She's back now. I always hated that chapel song. 

I could do way worse than Dusty! 

Can you wonderful people of FJ start posting your gorgeous ass rings & proposal stories? I'm so curious now, and I'm sure it'd be so much more interesting. 

3 minutes ago, 19Kittens said:

Can you wonderful people of FJ start posting your gorgeous ass rings & proposal stories? I'm so curious now, and I'm sure it'd be so much more interesting. 

:pb_lol:

Here's my ring:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Also featured in the background is the dog, the myth, the legend - the Velocipuppy. 

Spoiler

Proposal:

Husband took me to lunch at a dog themed pub and then we stopped for chocolates at our favorite local store (where husband worked in college.) Husband then proposed in the second bedroom of our condo in front of my bookshelves - because I'm a total nerd and bookworm. We got married last fall, three days shy of our second engagement anniversary. 

Well. Living with an atheist, there will never be a ring on this gal's finger. We started dating 13 years ago, been living together for 11...

In Norway it is not common with separate engagement ring, the couple usually put on the wedding rings at engagement.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived