IGNORED

Pick A Reason Kelly Bates Is A LOUSY Mother

nelliebelle1197

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

No it's Christian

Thanks. Interesting. With a middle name that's typically used on males, you'd think they would have tried harder to find an alternative to Michal that isn't also a boy's name.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Thanks. Interesting. With a middle name that's typically used on males, you'd think they would have tried harder to find an alternative to Michal that isn't also a boy's name.

Yep, very fascinating that both of her given names are typically male names. I wonder how Michael felt about that growing up in an environment that puts weight into gender and femininity. I would say I wonder what she feels about it now, but given that she's 26 years old, you would assume it is something she would no longer give much thought to.

Unless of course she sits around thinking about any/all reasons as to why she is not as blessed in the family way as her sisters, that happen to have feminine names.

Because that's what the pressure and desire of wanting a child that has yet to come does to you, makes you irrational. Oh, been there, done that.

On 10/22/2016 at 10:51 AM, WhoompThereItIs said:

More evidence Kelly was a horrible teacher. To quote Alyssa: "I don't know what side they're on!" 

Alyssa.PNG

What video is this?

I could never remember where east or west went until I realised the word itself told me! WherE  :tw_grin:

(Works exactly the same in german "wo?" west/ost)

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 1:19 PM, VineHeart137 said:

I wonder if they thought she was a boy up until a point (which is where laziness kicked in). So little effort for the one self described as "your most important and prized possession"

i can normally watch and forget temporarily that they operate a cult over there, and then there is times like those, daughter = possession

I've said it before, I would have made Michel out of Michal. It is a male name but can totally pass as sketchy spelling of Michelle. And she could have used the spelling of Michelle anyway except on formal documents and then formally changed it when she got married. But hey, maybe they didn't like that name.

I think the whole Michael was supposed to be Michal is a bunch of crap and they thought she was a boy so it was Michael Christian and then they were lazy and cheap to change it which wouldn't be a surprise.

On March 2, 2017 at 6:32 AM, faraway said:

I've said it before, I would have made Michel out of Michal. It is a male name but can totally pass as sketchy spelling of Michelle. And she could have used the spelling of Michelle anyway except on formal documents and then formally changed it when she got married. But hey, maybe they didn't like that name.

I think it's because they were slready pronouncing her name (Michal) as Micheal instead of Mee-shawl (which is how most Bible scholars pronounce it). 

I still don't know why they couldn't slap an "a" at the end of her name if they were only allowed to change one letter. Michala. Problem solved.

LOL at the "Stars in the East" I guess Kelly never taught "Never Eat Shredded Wheat" as a way to remember the way the compass goes. 

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

They're so full of shit about Michael's name.  All they had to do was pay a 15 dollar fee, and they could have changed her birth certificate.  

https://www.tn.gov/health/article/vr-corrected-certificate

LOL that would require them to spend money in a way that didn't directly benefit the respected charity of Gil and Kelly.

14 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

They're so full of shit about Michael's name.  All they had to do was pay a 15 dollar fee, and they could have changed her birth certificate.  

https://www.tn.gov/health/article/vr-corrected-certificate

They said the price to change a name (or several letters of the current name) was hundreds of  dollars  and they hadn't the money. But adding just 1 letter was way cheaper, so they added an E. Anyway, their poverty didn't stop them to have 17 more kids.

It's difficult to imagine the reasons to name your daugther with a male name. Considering it happened when Michael was a few months old and Zach 1 year old, probably Kelly was pregnant, overwhelmed and stressed and Gil was...Gil. So in their obsession for being godly and frugal, they didn't thought about Michael feelings at all.

I wouldn't expect them to know about actress Michael Learned since they don't watch TV. It works for her!  

I really don't get why Michael Bates name keeps beeing so interesting. Yes, their "explanation" are pretty stupid but giving girls typical boynames is a pretty common thing in the US:
Ashley
Beverly
Carol
Evelyn
Shannon
Shirley
Whitney
and the list goes on....
Elliot, Charlie, Maxwell, Sawyer, Arlo, Billie and Dylan all seem to be transitioning as well. 

Yes, it's a little odd in a culture so obsessed with genderroles and -norms, but so much closer to mainstream practises than a lot of other things they do.

It is probably interesting not because they gave her a name traditionally used by boys, but because they apparently named her after a biblical character they never bothered to research and when they realized they didn't like that character, they were too cheap to really change it. Also, they constantly change how they spell it. 

I think Michael is a perfectly good name for a girl - if Bateses would settle on a consistent story and just keep to it.  The concept that it was too expensive to change Michal (that uppity woman) to a girlier version of Michael is just too silly.

3 hours ago, Iokaste said:

Ashley
Beverly
Carol
Evelyn
Shannon
Shirley
Whitney

Off topic and just an FY!, those all look like typical girl's names to me!  

I suppose I do know of one male Caroll. His first name was John.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_O'Connor 

And one male Evelyn. His first name was Arthur.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Waugh

And one male Ashley.  His first name was George. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Wilkes

And a female Charlie.  Just Charlie and not short for Charlotte. It's cute and so is she.  She is 5.

They all started out as boys' names, though (and before that, most of them were surnames). Actually, Evelyn is a bit iffy because I think it was used for girls in the middle ages but was usually spelled Aveline. On that note, the name Christian was once pretty much exclusively a female name.

Other commons girls' names that had their start as boys' names (and before that, usually surnames): Madison, Addison, Harper, Avery, Riley, Mackenzie, Aubrey, Skyler, Peyton, Taylor, Hayden, Vivian, Sydney...

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I think Michael is a perfectly good name for a girl - if Bateses would settle on a consistent story and just keep to it.  The concept that it was too expensive to change Michal (that uppity woman) to a girlier version of Michael is just too silly.

I think it would be fine if they would call her ONE name. Kelly and others kept saying Michaella. To me it always appeared as if they're not fully comfortable with the name Michael. Then why did you change it to that????

53 minutes ago, faraway said:

I think it would be fine if they would call her ONE name. Kelly and others kept saying Michaella. To me it always appeared as if they're not fully comfortable with the name Michael. Then why did you change it to that????

Because they were too cheap to change it to Michaella and too dumb to realize that they didn't like the biblical story of Michel. 

Ariel is still a boys name in non-english speaking countries.

The fact that they didn't know the story of Michal is what pisses me of the most because it's so indicative of their hypocrisy. They were fundamentalist enough to just know that using birth control (among other things) was unbiblical, but they had clearly never actually read the Bible! Michal is a prominent character in one of the main stories of the Old Testament. If you don't know who Michal was or what she did, you have no business pretending that you know the intricacies of what the Bible commands about sex, children, or anything else.

Archived