IGNORED

Pick A Reason Kelly Bates Is A LOUSY Mother

nelliebelle1197

I was just thinking of all the people here and elsewhere who claim Kelly is a better mother than Michelle.

I thought we could start a running list of why Kelly is terrible mother who relied on her older kids to parent the younger. List your favorite reason!

My most recent:

On the volunteer firefighters episode, Kelly, mother of 19, did not even know about adjustable waist childrens' clothing. Michael had to explain it to her. Kelly Bates never dressed her kids or paid attention to simple things like adjustable waist elastics, which are very, very common on childrens' clothing. A decent mother, especially one with a million kids who has to be thrifty, has no reason NOT to know that.

Unless she never dressed her kids.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a better mother than Michelle Duggar is pretty easy. Michelle has set the bar quite low, wouldn't anyone who isn't a serial child abuser or child rape apologist be better? 

So another reason Kelly Bates is a bad mother is because her daughter Erin had the opportunity to pursue a scholarship at a real college and study must and Kelly didn't let her go. The look on Erin's face when the TLC crew asked her about it showed how crestfallen and upset she was about it. Shame on Kelly and Gil. 

For sending her daughters to Gothard, knowing what he had done. 

Which to me, might be the worst. Right up there with using Ezzo's methods on them.

i think the way they've held their children back from any real opportunity and normalcy is the big one for me.

who knows what kind of potential those kids would have if it weren't for her and gil?

At least Michelle was a buddy to her babies, Kelly pawned them off on siblings the second they were born. Is it any wonder she struggles to remember their names? 

I'm going to go with the skinny horses whilst unable to feed their own children without financial help from their then teenaged son.  If they had to rely on Lawson to hit Aldi no way could they have provided properly for vet care, etc.  It should be a crime to teach by example that one doesn't need to be able to provide humanely for animals.

The ER plan instead of proper healthcare for their kids.

Nathan Bedford Forest in the Confederate Room.  

Having a "Confederate Room."

Continuing to have children with a man who not only supported Gothard, but bragged that he didn't have a steady income instead of, I don't know...slamming his dick in a car door?  

Probably when they asked her in an interview about more babies and she said "We're trying, but it's just not happening!"

The fact that even at her age she's still focused on sex with her husband to produce another baby that she wont raise.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

@nelliebelle1197 once you have responses if you wanted to make a poll so we could vote in which thing she does is the worst just let me know.  

Yes, yes, that will be FUN

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yes, yes, that will be FUN

Just shoot me a message when you get the elevemty million responses.  A custom NB meme, a poll...I'm so helpful lately!

Allowing Lawson to support the family when he was still a teenager. That was her and Gil's responsibility not Lawson's and it wasn't a one off he did it regularly.

The fact that she likely knew about the sexual abuse covered up by her husband and the Board, yet she did absolutely nothing about it.

The fact that she and her husband graduated from legitimate colleges with actual Bachelor degrees - yet they provide their children with a half-ass education. And of the children who attend college only one (Michael) has attended a legitimate college.

Only the fact that she never raised her kids and pretty much what everyone here says about her as a mother.  She wasn't even cautious to stop having babies after she had Addallee that suffered from quite a few things (isn't she deaf?), well she wasn't going to care for her anyway.

As a person she might be even worse.

This one might be a little petty, but Michael/l/a's name. Pick your way it's been botched - not researching Michal in the first place, not paying to change more than one letter and fix it properly, or not settling on a nickname/ proper spelling in the meantime. And Michaella came along before she had a dozen others to keep track of. I wouldn't be happy if my parents were so careless with one of the first things to form my identity.

I think it could be argued that Kelly is a better parent to her older kids than Michelle is to hers (very low bar). I can't imagine Michelle letting Jana go to a secular college, for instance.

But anyways, adding to the list, that creepy ass camera system, no privacy whatsoever.

I'm gonna have to throw my vote in for the fact that she gives up parenting her own children before they're even born. As @formergothardite said at least Michelle took care of them for the first 6 months.

Ezzo is the worst. We're talking about hungry babies left alone. It's sadistic.

Allowing a child abuser near her children is also an extremelly huge fault.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm gonna have to throw my vote in for the fact that she gives up parenting her own children before they're even born. As @formergothardite said at least Michelle took care of them for the first 6 months.

It's what Michelle says, but I don't believe she does. Come on, if you can leave a very sick baby (who had been in NICU for months) to go abroad, it means you've been using a buddy since the beginning. If you are really parenting, no way you can leave a sick "miracle baby" and go on holidays... sorry, go ministering to Central America.

For me, one of her shittier moves was - allegedly, I admit - talking to Whitney and 'encouraging' her to involve her bio parents in her life again and cut off the adoptive ones. I know the adoptive parents made comments about that. I just can't get past that level of nastiness. 

Having children, not because she loves them and wants them to be healthy, happy individuals, but because babies are her personal proof to the world of how godly she is.

Not teaching her kids how to behave in public and thinking their behavior is just fine.  

Archived