IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

I've been out of the FJ loop for awhile, but whatever happened to the Zambian Juice Fast John was going on? 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Hi @formergothardite! *waves emphatically* good to see you here.

Thank you! I've missed everyone!

I can't remember the name of the ex-John supporter who came here to tell us how David Rea is nothing like John, but I wish she would show back up because from what I can see from Rea's FB page, he might be way worse of a monster than John. Rea is a fan of both Trump and Putin(loving this guy is a HUGE red flag) and put a shock collar on his poor dog so he could shock him for doing basic dog stuff. 

Rea doesn't seem to be doing much except helping himself. John and Rea are two peas in a pod, Rea is just better organized. 

On 10/15/2016 at 7:58 PM, formergothardite said:

I've been out of the FJ loop for awhile, but whatever happened to the Zambian Juice Fast John was going on? 

Well, the beef jerky turned out to be not very juicy. Thus ended the Great Zambian Juice Fast of 2016.

Despite repeatedly saying that he was not going to Zambia to build churches, John is now working on building the second one. His FB post of 10/14 starts with "This is like living out the missionary books I read as a child!" :pb_rollseyes: I think Zambia has finally begun to live up to his expectations, which we know is the most important thing here. 

After 2 years of listening to John, and a few months as a "bible college" student, Roderick is now fully prepared to become a pastor of their new church plant. Good thing John isn't at all numbers-oriented, or one might wonder how all of that happened so quickly. 

On 10/17/2016 at 10:16 AM, slickcat79 said:

Good thing John isn't at all numbers-oriented

Speaking of this, I just read through his numbingly-long Facebook post describing all the checks his followers have written to him.  Well, really, it was from God's bank account, transferred to John by incidental human contact.  Or something.

Maybe someone here can tell me the backstory of how he and Esther came to be married.  Was it the two dads selecting which Legos would fit together for life?  I ask because of this quote from John:

I do not regret trusting the Lord to bring me my incredible wife Esther, instead of following the world's methods to determine my choice for a wife.

:goofy2:

On 10/19/2016 at 11:37 AM, CTRLZero said:

Speaking of this, I just read through his numbingly-long Facebook post describing all the checks his followers have written to him.  Well, really, it was from God's bank account, transferred to John by incidental human contact.  Or something.

Maybe someone here can tell me the backstory of how he and Esther came to be married.  Was it the two dads selecting which Legos would fit together for life?  I ask because of this quote from John:

I do not regret trusting the Lord to bring me my incredible wife Esther, instead of following the world's methods to determine my choice for a wife.

:goofy2:

I'm guessing that, to him, the "world's methods" involve supremely normal things like meeting a person while out somewhere (or online), gradually getting to know them, and learning whether or not you are compatible together/want the same things out of life and your future. You know, nasty ungodly healthy-normal-relationship stuff.

AFAIK, Esther's parents (The Kellers) pick out husbands for their daughters based on stuff like what Bible verses they can quote (correct me if I'm off). So far, this has resulted in husbands such as Josh Duggar, David Waller The Pecan Thief, and this goofball. But don't ever tell them their methods are wrong, because God.

The chicken business isn't going well. I am not surprised. What are they doing with all those chickens they can't sell? 

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The chicken business isn't going well. I am not surprised. What are they doing with all those chickens they can't sell? 

I'd hope the answer would be "donate them to people who are hungry", but I'm on FreeJinger, and while I'm pretty sure the average FJer would do just that, the average thread subject...?  And especially not Shrader!

Anyone notice that he's now missionary to Sub-Saharan Africa? I guess missionary to Zambia didn't sound cool anymore. 

John says there is a lot of competition. I'm sure there is. Something he should have looked into before starting this stupid venture. 

So, what are we, like 2 months into this chicken venture and he's already flooded the market because he didn't do any research?

Shocking, just shocking.

John is searching for a Christian veterinarian to be a "tremendous blessing" and provide "invaluable assistance on the mission field". It isn't going to cost the vet any money, John just needs the vet to obtain something that needs a license to get. So any guesses on what John wants to get? I'm guessing medication of some sort. 

Also, Halloween is evil. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John is searching for a Christian veterinarian to be a "tremendous blessing" and provide "invaluable assistance on the mission field". It isn't going to cost the vet any money, John just needs the vet to obtain something that needs a license to get. So any guesses on what John wants to get? I'm guessing medication of some sort

Also, Halloween is evil. 

Me too. Maybe he's realized that trying to raise hundreds of chickens at once with no experience might involve more problems than he thought. Guess the chickens aren't responding to essential oils...

Come on John, stop being a tease. What is this thing that is " one of the worst times of our lives" you know we are here waiting with bated breath.

Im guessing that the licence is allow him to keep/ breed chickens legally. He needs a vet to     give him a post dated one. Free of course.

2 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Me too. Maybe he's realized that trying to raise hundreds of chickens at once with no experience might involve more problems than he thought. Guess the chickens aren't responding to essential oils..

I was thinking perhaps medicine he would use himself or give to his kids since he said it would help both the mission and his family. Whatever he is planning is probably not ethical or legal. 

What are the laws about selling chicken in Zambia? 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I was thinking perhaps medicine he would use himself or give to his kids since he said it would help both the mission and his family. Whatever he is planning is probably not ethical or legal. 

What are the laws about selling chicken in Zambia? 

Possibly, but I can't think of any animal meds that he could safely give to humans that wouldn't be easier to get if he just took them to a legitimate doctor and followed their advice. He's been very explicit about using the colloidal silver, essential oils, and juicing for treatment in the past. If he were going to switch to conventional medicines, I don't think he'd want his followers to know. 

Whatever it is, I'd also bet on illegal or unethical. At the very least, it would have to be something he could easily get himself if he were actually willing to pay a vet for their time and expertise. But we can't have that :pb_rollseyes:

3 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Maybe he's realized that trying to raise hundreds of chickens at once with no experience might involve more problems than he thought. Guess the chickens aren't responding to essential oils...

I wonder if he needs antibiotics for the chickens, but doesn't want to announce an infection sweeping through the chicken coop.  John, speculation is what happens because you are not aboveboard with your needs. 

Other than reading that Kafue was cracking down on chicken farms to prevent public health failures, one guideline I came across was that once your chickens are out the door, the farmer was supposed to let the room remain vacant for two weeks after sanitizing.  So...a farmer was supposed to have at least two rooms to accomplish this.  With John's goals of hundreds of chickens, I wonder if he didn't cut corners on that particular guideline. 

Anyway, his post didn't specify chickens, so maybe he is on to another new venture.  He is always up to something!

John's dad has managed to get money for John again. So apparently "Satan" has really been attacking John so bad that he hasn't even been able to stay up to talk to his dad. See that expensive Troupie John swore he needed just isn't enough, he needs a second vehicle, but nobody would give him the money. But Daddy Shrader found out a rich guy died and left money in a fund to be used for mission work. Dadddy Shrader has a friend who is on the board that manages this fund, and long story short, John is getting money so he can buy what he wants. 

But he wants you to know that he doesn't preach the prosperity gospel, it is just that John gets what he wants cause he is doing God's work. 

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John's dad has managed to get money for John again. So apparently "Satan" has really been attacking John so bad that he hasn't even been able to stay up to talk to his dad. See that expensive Troupie John swore he needed just isn't enough, he needs a second vehicle, but nobody would give him the money. But Daddy Shrader found out a rich guy died and left money in a fund to be used for mission work. Dadddy Shrader has a friend who is on the board that manages this fund, and long story short, John is getting money so he can buy what he wants. 

But he wants you to know that he doesn't preach the prosperity gospel, it is just that John gets what he wants cause he is doing God's work. 

Wow, John is worse than those trust fund kids who go abroad, drink/snort their money away (or fall for the easiest, most obvious scams in the world), and then beg Daddy over Skype to send more so they can continue being irresponsible. If John weren't so religious, I'm sure he'd be bumming around Pattaya begging Daddy to Western Union over some bribes for the cops.

These words are old, tired and beaten to death, but I think we're seeing a dysfunctional co-dependent relationship between John and his father play out. Dad the enabler consistently makes a soft landing when John's ill-conceived plans consistently go south.  John never faces the consequences of mismanagement because Dad somehow finds the money for whatever John wants.  No one (but us!) can criticize, because Jesus, Satan, soul saving and a bazillion hungry children to feed -- those bazillion hungry children would be John and Ester's brood.  Nobody seems overly concerned with hungry children in Zambia.

There are some good ideas in play on occasion, but John is incapable of thinking things through, using a planning process, setting up a coherent business plan or even, you know, making a damn checklist, so nothing ever works out and John continues to be a money pit cloaked in a holy mission to lead Christians to the right kind of Christianity.  It's a totally effective cover for the scam that John is running to keep himself afloat without actually working.  I think the scam will stay afloat until John is kicked out of Zambia. 

This is the problem when there is no effective oversight with a man who has "pastored himself" for many years.   Not that having oversight would help, because John doesn't listen to anybody.  

At @Gobsmackedsaid, "Ostriches, it will be ostriches".  

I think John will skip ostriches and go straight to emus, because John's an emu kind of guy!   

Occasionally when I ride my bike in the countryside, I'll still see an emu here or there out in a pasture.  Somebody who thought they'd make a fortune on breeding emus back in the '80s and '90s just couldn't stand to let the dream die and still keeps a bird or two.  I came across an article from back in 1998 about emus that had been turned loose from  Fort Worth area  ranches-- lots and lots of them -- and they became nuisances.  At the height of the emu craze in the US, people were paying up to $50,000 for a breeding pair of emus.  When the bubble burst, people literally could not give them away. 

I've been thinking about the chicken misadventure and salmonella springs to mind.

Daft John boy possibly didn't give it a thought and certainly didn't ask for his chickens to be tested or for a Vet to issue a licence to prove that they had been tested. 

I think that sadly someone has become ill from eating the Shrader chickens. This is why he is begging for a Vet to help out ( for free of course), and soon.

Satan has been attacking through the chickens and causing the worst time of John boys life. The new vehicle is a toy to cheer John up. To stop him from stepping and sucking his thumb really.

Thats my guess.

Just catching up on Shrader's latest antics.

• 60K on English language Bibles and the cost of shipping?  It's like sending coals to Newcastle and half as useful.  Bibles are both printed and sold in Zambia, you know.
  • John is preparing his own Bible translations when he doesn't even speak the relevant languages?  It's like reinventing the wheel. The Bible Society of Zambia is already publishing their own translations, but naturally John thinks any version other than his own is not "pure."  Such hubris.  
  • John needs a "Christian" vet for something?  I think he needs a "crooked" vet instead.  An unethical vet who doesn't mind breaking or skirting the law both in the US and in Zambia.  I have no idea what he wants but buying and sending vet meds without examining the animals sounds unethical.  Or perhaps John wants an affidavit that the vet has certified the chicken facility as sanitary to get a license?  Or something.  The mind boggles.  John, there are vets in Zambia and some of them may even be Christian.  If the chicken enterprise needs a vet then find one in Zambia.
  • The whole chicken enterprise:  If it is licensed, it has to be in Roderick's name.  Also, John, Arcade, and Jolis (both from Burundi) are foreign nationals and banned from selling chickens.  https://www.lusakatimes.com/2015/10/21/zambia-bans-foreigners-from-selling-poultry-quarrying-and-block-making-activities/   This and the fact that John inderestimated the competition are yet more examples of Satan being blamed for John failing to do his homework. 
  • Prosperity Gospel.  John, you are always preaching prosperity gospel.  You have been called out on that before by your own leghumpers.  Saying that you don't do it doesn't make it less true that you do.  
  • And he managed to grift another car!  John has the Devil's own luck when it comes to grifting.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Daft John boy possibly didn't give it a thought and certainly didn't ask for his chickens to be tested or for a Vet to issue a licence to prove that they had been tested

Hey now! His chickens are "Triple C" which means they have been carefully cleaned with collodial silver! Would John ever be wrong about something like that?! :kitty-wink: 

For real, though, I bet John has messed up big time and is trying to find a corrupt vet who will get him out of a bind. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived