IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

22 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

John apparently has some new converts, and based on his comment that it took a tract and some hours of prayer to accomplish this, I suspect some sleep deprivation tactics were also employed.

In another post, which I had difficulty following (is it John or my weekend frolicking catching up to me -- maybe both), there was this:

A plot?  Money from tithes?  I'm glad he is going to share more later, because I am not sure what is going on here.  John and his cliffhangers...

My guess is that someone in a village gave him some land.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bibles and copies of John/Romans that Shrader wanted sent to him have apparently been shipped in a container. He says the total cost of the books + shipping is $60,000. No guarantees that they will make it intact, of course, but they prayed over it, so that's all that matters, really. 

I'm assuming the bibles are in English, since John says they're still working on a "pure" translation. 

I don't know why I'm still surprised at the things that John will waste other people's money on, but $60K worth of bibles that most local people won't even be able to read? Does. Not. Compute. 

Wait, WAAAAAIT! I thought he came to Zambia to set up a printing ministry -- so he could, you know, print stuff like that.  Did he forget that was his central, original mission to Zambia?

I guess when you're busy sucking up bandwidth, planting sacred seed impregnating your wife, annoying the locals, converting under 10 people and attempting to destroy the local chicken industry, your memory can suffer. 

WHO are the gullible sheeple who STILL fund the ridiculous amount of $$??

Me thinks that Shrader senior has a money printing press in his basement. 

3 hours ago, turquoise said:

$60K ?! How many Bibles is that? Has he built the storage building for them yet?

1000 bibles and almost 300,000 John/Romans. They completely filled a shipping container :pb_eek: And looking closer at the boxes, they definitely have "English" on the outside. 

This is the organization they ordered from, I think. http://www.bpsmilford.org/

That's the kind of organization that I'm sure John and David Rodrigues dream of creating. Of course, you might notice that they're about 30 years too late...

Do we care that people are dying and going to hell all around the world?

Do we even stop to consider...

Oh wait...the game's on!

Never mind.

You know, John, people who are watching sports are relaxing and resting from a long week doing...what's that word again? Oh yes, work. You wouldn't be familiar with the concept. Anyway, they do this thing where they perform labor for the money that supports your "print ministry." So maybe shove the judgmental attitude of yours where the sun don't shine.

$60,000? $60,000?!?! I can't even begin to imagine the good that money could have done for the people of Zambia. The people donating to John really have their priorities out of wack. I don't understand people who could think $60,000 is better spent on bibles than, say, medical care/items, or a real school (not bible college), or farming equipment, or irrigation systems, or pretty much ANYTHING else to help the people of Zambia. I just don't understand.

On 6 October 2016 at 3:02 AM, Burpies said:

$60,000? $60,000?!?! I can't even begin to imagine the good that money could have done for the people of Zambia.

Exactly!

And the most ridiculous thing (the one these Fundies really don't get) is, if they were good and kind people who helped and supported those in need,  they would stand a better chance of people wanting to be part of Christianity. 

And ffs does John not know biblical stories off by heart? For goodness sake man, make a huge dinner, light a fire, invite the community and tell stories. At least that way anyone in need of a good meal could get one. 

£60,000 wasted!

FROM FEDEX WEB SITE: 

Control your shipping costs with flexible pick up and delivery options. ... FedEx International Broker Select®, US$10.00 or US$0.50 per lb, whichever is greater .... Scotland (U.K.). Yemen. Ecuador. Kyrgykstan. Serbia & Montenegro. Zambia.

I don't understand the cost differences but at $10/lb, he appears to have shipped 600 lbs. of toilet paper.

16 minutes ago, gustava said:

FROM FEDEX WEB SITE: 

Control your shipping costs with flexible pick up and delivery options. ... FedEx International Broker Select®, US$10.00 or US$0.50 per lb, whichever is greater .... Scotland (U.K.). Yemen. Ecuador. Kyrgykstan. Serbia & Montenegro. Zambia.

I don't understand the cost differences but at $10/lb, he appears to have shipped 600 lbs. of toilet paper.

I'm with you on this, but wouldn't that be 6 thousand pounds of toilet paper?

From John's Facebook - here is his take on Trump.   This is only the first half of what he says, but he is asking people not to vote for Trump, even if it means Hillary is elected.  Gotta love the alliteration:

Breaking News...

Potty-mouthed Perv for Prez Reveals His Vulgar Amorality yet again.

The unrepentant strip-club owner, who has in the past publicly flaunted his adultery...and even his lust for his own daughter, has added to his public display to rival the public display of lewdness his good friend Bill Clinton has displayed.

NOW are you guys getting it why as a Bible-believing follower of the Lord Jesus Christ I CANNOT support Donald J. Trump...pervert extraordinaire?

There's got to be a line somewhere...and D.J.T. was that line for me.

I get that Hillary is a very dangerous woman. Get that.

I get the angst and concern about the future of America.
Get that too.

But when fellow Christians began calling me a "fool" for not supporting this strip club owning, proud of cheating on his wife, Planned Butcherhood promoting, vile mouthed lying man...I knew something was terribly wrong.

If his latest comments caught on a hot mic don't reveal the sordid and wicked man we have here...and why I cannot stand with, and give my support to, this man...well...

Please don't give me the tired line about "not voting for a pastor-in-chief..."

Look, if YOU as a believer can vote for this guy with a clear conscience..."of faith" as Romans 14:23 says, that's your call on your conscience.

I'm still convinced that this perv is in this thing...not to be prez...but to hand it to Hillary.

Was I the only one cringing as Mike Pence was unable to defend his running mate, and actually lied himself trying to deny some of the things Trump has said and done?

@CTRLZero I wanted to read your quote, I really did, but I cannot stand his use of alliteration. 

At this point the people who throw money at John deserve what they get. Some people waste money on drugs and gambling. 

7 hours ago, gustava said:

He must have run out of leftover tracts...

On 8/16/2016 at 2:59 PM, Palimpsest said:

Thank you for all the information.

I probably do sound harsh about John Shrader but I've been watching him for 4+ years and, as a former missionary kid, he boggles my mind.  He is an Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) solo missionary, but he gives even them a bad name.  He is "Poisonwood Bible" type.

Yaaaas! I was just thinking of that book and wondering if I was the only one?

20 hours ago, screamingbuddha said:

Yaaaas! I was just thinking of that book and wondering if I was the only one?

My Mom and I both read that book a couple of years ago... later, when I was telling her about This Guy On The Internet Who Drove His Family Around In a Pop-up Camper For Two Years, I described him with "He makes the Dad from 'The Poisonwood Bible' look like a superhero."

On 10/8/2016 at 11:01 AM, catlady said:

I'm with you on this, but wouldn't that be 6 thousand pounds of toilet paper?

I'm a retired English professor.  That says it all.

Shrader's discovered the "live" feature on FB, and now has a 2 min. video of himself and his disciples traveling to a more remote village to proselytize. There's not much to the video, but I did notice he loses his Zambian accent about halfway through :pb_lol:

48 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Shrader's discovered the "live" feature on FB, and now has a 2 min. video of himself and his disciples traveling to a more remote village to proselytize. There's not much to the video, but I did notice he loses his Zambian accent about halfway through :pb_lol:

why why why does he do that awful accent? he just sounds ridiculous! i met a man from Malawi (who spoke with less of an accent than john) last week who is a missionary for Philadelphia/PA...wonder what johnnyboy would think of that!

So John is having real live adventures just like the ones he read about years ago when he was a boy!!

He has never grown up. 

His accent comes and goes willynilly. 

The roads around Lusaka are not good. They are tarmaced but potholed due to the volume of traffic and size of the trucks driving through  on the way to various building projects going on in the villages around Lusaka and beyond.

I would not want John to drive me anywhere. He doesn't concentrate enough.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived