IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

Yet another person asked about the plane, wondering if he needs fuel. Yeah, what John needs is a swift kick in the pants for wasting other people's money on ridiculous items that are not necessary to his mission. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the airplane "needs work" and "regulations have changed."  Uh-huh. :2wankers:

ETA: And a place to put it...the list is never ending. JUST SEND THE MONEY, FOLKS!

I keep coming to this thread thinking that it's going to say "they're on their way back to the U.S.A." I can't believe they've held on this long.

Am I the only one to think they are better off in Africa, as long as Daddy sends $$$$?  At least Esther and the children are fed and in one place, rather than wandering around begging in a pop top camper. 

5 hours ago, gustava said:

Am I the only one to think they are better off in Africa, as long as Daddy sends $$$$?  At least Esther and the children are fed and in one place, rather than wandering around begging in a pop top camper. 

This could very well be.  This is why I'm amazed at what John reveals on Facebook.  I think that eventually his $upporters will wise up as he keeps displaying his ineptitude.  But...maybe it's a combination of:  1)  better for his dad's church that he's an ocean away; 2)  a relatively cheap form of entertainment as he cycles through his escapades (I know I am often amused); and 3)  people are mindful that by supporting John, they are really helping Esther and the children.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Yeah, and the walls are beginning to tumble down?!!

One can only hope that Esther and the kiddos are outside---

And god is answering prayers to bring John a plane...eventually...if things work out...and everyone prays more...and sends donations to an air ministry. God hasn't got enough to deal with, He's bumped John's stupid plane to the top of his list because prayer works that way. Screw the starving and dying in Aleppo - John's air ministry is a higher priority 

Sadly John's followers won't get from point A to B without going via Point Z.

Point Z is Zambia!

1 hour ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

And god is answering prayers to bring John a plane...eventually...if things work out...and everyone prays more...and sends donations to an air ministry. God hasn't got enough to deal with, He's bumped John's stupid plane to the top of his list because prayer works that way. Screw the starving and dying in Aleppo - John's air ministry is a higher priority 

People are really stupid. I hope he never, ever, EVER gets a plane. 

Then you add in some negative comments by people that don't have the whole story and were seemingly against the idea, and one can really get down!

No one knew the "whole story" because John spent years trying to keep it a secret. Even now he is not being totally honest. He is lying by claiming that regulations changed, when from the very beginning people were saying that he wouldn't be able to fly in Zambia. John was scammed and in his rush to get flying didn't bother to follow the proper rules and regulations. His foolishness is the problem. 

Can someone refresh me: How much was raised for the original plane?  And how much  $$$$ was raised for John's flying lessons?

Maybe it's time for a full accounting of John's failed or abandoned scams.  I won't include the umbrella scam: FamTeam-to-Africa-Zealous-for-Zambia-Ministry-to-Sub-Saharan Africa-and-beyond, or contemplating reaching out to Burundi. 

1. flying lessons/da plane, da plane!

2. printing ministry!

3. water well!

4. chickens! 

5. seminary! (bet y'all had forgotten that one)

6. bazillion bibles in a storage container! 

7. another plane! 

I'm sure I left out a few.  John's burn rate with zero results is absolutely staggering. 

I can see the plane and the printing industry coming together, though.  Fly over the African bush, pushing leaflets out the door printed in a mystery language that tell people they're going to burn in a lake o' fire for eternity if they don't believe in Jesus the right way.  Natives rejoice at endless source of toilet paper falling from the sky. 

48 minutes ago, Howl said:

Can someone refresh me: How much was raised for the original plane?  And how much  $$$$ was raised for John's flying lessons?

I'm not sure he gave a final figure on the lessons, but the plane was $15,000. Literally everyone who was paying attention knew at the time that they would not be able to get any kind of functional plane for so little money.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

No one knew the "whole story" because John spent years trying to keep it a secret. Even now he is not being totally honest. He is lying by claiming that regulations changed, when from the very beginning people were saying that he wouldn't be able to fly in Zambia. John was scammed and in his rush to get flying didn't bother to follow the proper rules and regulations. His foolishness is the problem.

For real, though. I saw the beginning of his entry and I was like, OMG he's finally going to tell us about the plane! But no, of course he's not going to do that. He's already carefully planting the idea that he was misled about the existing plane and that they're going to need to buy another one. He even quoted his buddy's comment where he mentioned a specific model of plane (hint, hint). Given how little flying experience he had to being with, and how long it's been since he flew, he will have to start over with training in Zambia. And I'm sure it will be astronomically more expensive than in the US, since everything else is. The thousands that he already spent on this joyride will never be thought of again. 

Quoting here for easy access later:

Many of you know the Lord provided a plane for us. The seller was not exactly upfront about the condition, and though the price was more than reasonable for the aircraft, I've been waiting on the Lord about this potential plane portion of our church planting plan. There's still many unanswered questions about the flying here, and I've been seeking answers and striving to patiently wait on the Lord.

Waiting is never easy.

It's been a couple years since I've flown and I've struggled with a little discouragement over that. Then you add in some negative comments by people that don't have the whole story and were seemingly against the idea, and one can really get down!

I've talked to the Lord about it so many times, but there's been no clear answer.

18 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

I've talked to the Lord about it so many times, but there's been no clear answer.

Methinks old John just doesn't accept any form of "NO!"

Obviously the Lord doesn't want you to fly John. Neither do your Daddy's fed up, empty walleted sheeple.

Folk can only keep giving a certain amount John. They work hard at proper jobs and have their own families to look after. They would probably prefer that you feed your children than cause problems and danger by flying. 

You obviously have no idea of the cost of upkeep and fuel for a plane, the rules have NOT changed since you arrived in Zambia.

Me thinks you are a fibber John.:banana-parachute:you will need one of these. So there you go. Grow up John, and take proper care of your wife and blessings.

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

Me thinks you are a fibber John.:banana-parachute:you will need one of these. So there you go

John's a straight-up smug, self-righteous, jackass LIAR.  Shame on him for performing under the banner of heaven.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Maybe it's time for a full accounting of John's failed or abandoned scams.  I won't include the umbrella scam: FamTeam-to-Africa-Zealous-for-Zambia-Ministry-to-Sub-Saharan Africa-and-beyond, or contemplating reaching out to Burundi

John's life is full of failures and abandoned scams. He also lies a lot. This is probably the best his kids have ever lived. If they end up back here(and eventually they are bound too), they will end back up in a travel trailer(like they lived in when he pastored) or a pop-up camper(like they lived in when he was on deputation). 

ETA: For anyone who hasn't read the old John threads. This is his FB whine from 2011 when he had to work selling cars. This job didn't last. 

asks for prayer, work not going so hot. Appreciate it. The music they play...obstinato, as almost every form of modern music is, including most so-called "christian" music. 'Bout to drive me insane. God is giving me chances to speak for Him...that's a blessing. Just not selling many cars

Also, in 2010, people raised money to pay off $7,000 of his debt plus bought him a van. Daddy Shrader has been getting money for him for a very long time. 

I found this on an old thread and don't remember reading it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110225062535/http://homeschoolblogger.com/shelleyhendry/405479/

He has given me my prince, a wonderful, loving, romantic husband, but most of all, a husband that fears the Lord! He has also blessed me with three adorable children. Our oldest just turned three. Yes, my days are very busy, but I couldn’t be happier than I am right now, serving the Lord with my husband, an assistant pastor, and our children.

A tract written by her husband John describes God’s way for courtship and marriage and depicts the engagement picture of her and her husband John Shrader posing with a Bible between their upheld hands. Until their wedding day they refrained from all physical affection…their wedding kiss was the first ever. They married with the full blessing of both parents, honored the Lord in every aspect of their courtship, and were immediately involved in serving as the assistant pastor at John Shrader’s father’s church in Katy, Texas.

This was from when John worked with his dad as an assistant pastor. At some point after this he moved his family to Oregon so he could pastor his own church. They didn't have a house, so they moved into an older travel trailer. Eventually people did help buy him a house. The church couldn't pay him much so he had to work as a used car salesman(which he hated).Then "God" told him to quit his church and job, put his kids in a pop-up camper and start raising money to go to Zambia. 

John Shrader is forgetting his own past fibs about the plane too.  He's not keeping his stories straight.

He supposedly bought it from a retiring missionary (the seller who "misrepresented" its condition) and it then rotted on the ground for a couple of years while he was still on Deputation.  When he finally arrived in Zambia he dodged all questions about the plane by saying that the "missionary who had the key" was off on furlough in the US.  It took him well over a year finally to admit the plane was a pile of junk.

His donor suckers really should be asking why this fool needs a plane anyway.  As @Howl said, he's not really said why he needs it at all.  The mental image of him heaving tracts out of the plane over rmote villages is rather hilarious.

So, donors.  At least two of you who contributed to the world's worst missionary in the past have found your way here.  Here's some advice for others who may have found us:

John already has 3 (or is it 4) vehicles to use for his church in Kafue.  He claims one church "plant" in some village and Arcade and whatshisname supposedly church planting back in Burundi.  John now says that people are leaving his church - why not wait until he consolidates before giving him another expensive toy to play with and the money for fuel to fly it?

Has Arcade commented on John's FB recently? Arcade has now made his FB private so perhaps he's one of the church members who did a recent bunk.  Or perhaps Arcade tossed his passport over the side of the concrete boat as young Blessing conveniently did a few years ago.  I hope Arcade and his friend have escaped John's clutches.

While we are at it, John's "Bible Institute" is utterly fake.  He is lying to potential converts when he gives his male followers fancy pieces of paper to establish some sort of false legitimacy.  

Those pieces of paper he is handing out are as fake as John's own "Masters degree."  Emmanuel Baptist Theological Seminary is no longer in existence but, even when it was around, it was a non-accredited hander-out of degrees that weren't worth the paper they were printed on.  Here's a fun discussion about EBTS on the Baptist Boards.  http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/emmanuel-baptist-theological-seminary.29398/  The head of the "Seminary" was Tom Strouse, a geocentrist and KJVO twerp of the highest order.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

5. seminary! (bet y'all had forgotten that one)

Well, who could forget his purposely unaccredited bible college, which immediately churned out leaders bearing John-printed certificates, which proved...something...

John has so much going on that he needs Erika-Shupe-level organizing just to keep all his stories straight.

It would just make my entire day if someone asked him about the "missionary" who sold him the plane and took the key with him back to America. This is the problem with lying, it is easy to start forgetting your lies. 

And someone needs to ask him about the well! He seems to have totally forgotten about how he is supposed to be giving water for free. 

It's strange that the plane is now being mentioned again after 2 years of silence.

J Rod introduced Timothy at one of their church soirees as wanting to gain a pilots licence and become an airborne missionary ( or something like that)

Does John boy spy on the Rodriguii? Hmmm. Either a huge coincidence, or not??

John is bored. Church members rebelled, the chicken businesses seemed to die a quick death, the seminary seems to have also disappeared, he has tons of Bibles, nobody appears to want his tracts, driving his Troupie to the "bush" isn't what he expected, so he wants a damn plane to entertain him! 

He probably thinks enough time has passed that the original plane story has become foggy in the minds of most people, so he can lie and get a new plane. A new plane will keep him occupied for at least six months before he starts begging for a new toy to play with. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John's life is full of failures and abandoned scams. He also lies a lot. This is probably the best his kids have ever lived. If they end up back here(and eventually they are bound too), they will end back up in a travel trailer(like they lived in when he pastored) or a pop-up camper(like they lived in when he was on deputation). 

ETA: For anyone who hasn't read the old John threads. This is his FB whine from 2011 when he had to work selling cars. This job didn't last. 

Also, in 2010, people raised money to pay off $7,000 of his debt plus bought him a van. Daddy Shrader has been getting money for him for a very long time. 

I could be totally wrong but I felt like Rick Shrader pushed John out of his church when he was assistant pastor. Maybe there just wasn't room for both of them but I think there was way more to it. Likely John took advantage of the situation, the congregation, and his parents!

Let's face it, he's an abject failure as a missionary; John is just trying to manifest his fantasy life--a Sky King* of the African bush, hailed by all. 

*just google Sky King.  He was awesome.  He flew around Arizona and extricated Penny and apprehended bad guys. 

1 hour ago, JeanieCat said:

I could be totally wrong but I felt like Rick Shrader pushed John out of his church when he was assistant pastor. Maybe there just wasn't room for both of them but I think there was way more to it. Likely John took advantage of the situation, the congregation, and his parents!

I feel the same way. Having John right there had to cause problems. It is easier for folks to see through his lies and scams when they have to put up with him on a weekly basis. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived