IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Trynn said:

I hope the medical doctors can save her.

Thank you, and I agree.  In their rush to thank God, they manage to always overlook the fact that actual medical personnel (with professional training, experience, and education beyond homeschooling) are involved with saving people.  They can't even summon something like, "Thank you Jesus for working through so-and-so," it's always Jesus/God himself saving folks.  No wonder these fundies manage such disdain for proper educations -- it's always Jesus (unless it's Satan, stealing your signs and making you sick).  Such a black and white world.

On another note, I shudder to think of John in a crisis.  I do not get the impression that he would remain calm and collected.  However, I am extremely happy that they took her to get medical care, rather than forming a prayer circle around her.  Just a hunch, but I suspect that medical professionals are better in a crisis than "flare prayers."

My mom made a post on Facebook: praise the lord for medical science and good doctors who know how to use it! She's fairly conservative, so I was happy to see her give at least some credit to the doctors.

3 hours ago, Trynn said:

My mom made a post on Facebook: praise the lord for medical science and good doctors who know how to use it! She's fairly conservative, so I was happy to see her give at least some credit to the doctors.

I read somewhere in the bible a verse about trusting the care of the physicians sent by God.  Of course, I can't find it now.

I read somewhere in the bible a verse about trusting the care of the physicians sent by God.  Of course, I can't find it now.

I don't recall any such verse, but theoretically Luke (the man who wrote the book of Luke) was a physician. And jesus healed people. Oh and God created people with brains who figured out how to do medical science.

I didn't read John's latest post about Pearl Harbor because it was just too damn long and his writing is painful to read. But he ended it with this:

Stationed in the Theatre of Sub-Saharan Africa 
Based in Zambia

I wonder how much time he spends coming up with ways to end his posts. Probably more time than he spends with his children. 

John also posted that Target is cursing Jewish people because their website was down in Israel, but a quick google search shows that Target is back and running in Israel, so it seems like less of a big deal than John was claiming. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John also posted that Target is cursing Jewish people because their website was down in Israel,

I know some people really love Target, but surely the website being down is an annoyance, rather than a curse?  I'm pretty sure there are other shops in Israel.... :pb_rollseyes:

We could assume Target's website is having technical issues that they are working to fix, but no, screw that. We're going to instead assume that Target hates Jews! Because that makes SENSE!

49 minutes ago, Trynn said:

We could assume Target's website is having technical issues that they are working to fix, but no, screw that. We're going to instead assume that Target hates Jews! Because that makes SENSE!

Even the original article that John posted said that the website was taken down because it was the target (<---see what I did there) of malicious cyber-attacks.

Temporarily taking down a website to protect it from incursion is not exactly the same as cursing the Jews, but never let it be said that Shrader and his followers are rational. 

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I didn't read John's latest post about Pearl Harbor because it was just too damn long and his writing is painful to read. But he ended it with this:

Stationed in the Theatre of Sub-Saharan Africa 
Based in Zambia

I wonder how much time he spends coming up with ways to end his posts. Probably more time than he spends with his children. 

I did my best to slog through his Pearl Harbor post, and came up with this nugget, which I corrected to make it more satisfactory to my eyes:

Please don't send money if you're not sending fervent prayer.

As to his signoff "Stationed in the Theatre..." - seriously, he starts out by saying we blithely  term the December 7 attack as "Pearl Harbor", then compares his own escapades to being stationed in the theatre.  Does he mean he and his chickens are on the frontline, or that he is a pompous windbag of an actor.  He's so, so, so...   :my_sick: 

Uhhh...

The Japanese spies on the nearby island of Oahu took copious notes, and the US plan was later followed by the Imperial Army almost "to a T".

His "spies" observe us openly display the "chinks" in our armor, so to speak, when we fail to walk in the Spirit and fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We show him how to successfully attack us by exposing ourselves.

I know this was likely unintentional, but my God.... :pb_eek:

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Uhhh...

I know this was likely unintentional, but my God.... :pb_eek:

Honestly?

I don't think it was unintentional. I think John thinks he's being clever.

Why does everything have to be so overblown with him? 

Praise the Lord! 

I was able to pick up 20,000 more pieces of paper for printing more tracts and invitations.

Keep praying! 

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

That's 8 boxes of A4 Bro.Jo. That's what we call a stationery order and if you're --attempting to run a printing ministry without at least this much paper then you may need to rethink your operational needs. 

Photos of the new vehicle are up on Facebook, and it just so happens I know what prayer John used:

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz 15-passenger turbo charged automatic transmission van..."

He's very excited, and Esther looks radiant behind the wheel.  Here are a few more details, with some commentary:

Oh yes, they're going to register and liscense it for us!  ["They"? - first you tell us it was God, now...]

We're so totally in shock!

God has done so much more than we could have ever asked or thought!

Can't wait to get some Scripture signs on it!  [Hoo boy...hope they don't get stolen by Satan.]

Maybe I'll share the whole story how God used an out-of-the-blue-totally-unexpected way to provide it if I can make time!  [A cliffhanger - keep us coming back for more!  And if  he can make time, the master of all-night Facebook postings.]

The price of 15,000.00 

How the hell does he keep getting this money? The amount of money thrown at him during this whole "missionary" thing is astounding. 

How long before John decides to use the van for an illegal jitney ministry?  

Bible verses on the van remind me too much of the Ex-Gay Gregmobile. 

Too many fundy Christians stateside with too much discretionary cash. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How the hell does he keep getting this money? The amount of money thrown at him during this whole "missionary" thing is astounding. 

I wonder about this myself.  Is his dad's church the only source of income, or is there some sort of pooled fund for independent historic biblical baptist missionaries stationed in the sub-Saharan theatre based in Zambia (and beyond)?  

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I wonder about this myself.  Is his dad's church the only source of income, or is there some sort of pooled fund for independent historic biblical baptist missionaries stationed in the sub-Saharan theatre based in Zambia (and beyond)?  

That must be the deal.  "Donate to Dummies by Dummy-ers??"

Didn't daddy Shrader wheedle the money for the new vehicle out of a legacy left to his church by an elderly gentleman? 

The poor old guy will be stamping his foot in heaven yellIng Nooooooooooooooooo. The money was to HELP people with. Not for fake, lazy, grifting, useless waste of spaces to play 'Top Gear' with. 

The new hangar church will be useful for storage of his vehicles during the rainy season.

So that's not money wasted.  :whistle:

4 hours ago, Howl said:

How long before John decides to use the van for an illegal jitney ministry?  

Bible verses on the van remind me too much of the Ex-Gay Gregmobile. 

Too many fundy Christians stateside with too much discretionary cash. 

I had the same thought about Ex-Gay Greg. I hope Shrader gets an embroidered jacket to go along with the van!

I'm the bestest ever missionary 

my daddy is the bestest ever grifter

taught me all I know.

So, give me all your money.

Im the sloth working in sub- Saharan africa

by my sick- bed shall you know me.

make planes, chickens and wells disappear 

and many four wheeled vehicles appear.

I have many children, arrows for the Lord.

Did I mention yet that I take to bed when I get bored?

weddings I arrange, I do funerals too ( but only if filmed)

cos I'm grifting for the Lord, (until I get bored).

Then I sleep.

Will that all fit onto a safari jacket with many pockets?

8 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

No.  There are a group of churches that committed to support him.  He lost quite a few, but looking at his FB there are some churches other than Daddy's that are still sending him money.

6 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Didn't daddy Shrader wheedle the money for the new vehicle out of a legacy left to his church by an elderly gentleman?

Yes, I think that was the original miraculous story.

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I'm the bestest ever missionary 

my daddy is the bestest ever grifter

taught me all I know.

So, give me all your money.

Im the sloth working in sub- Saharan africa

by my sick- bed shall you know me.

make planes, chickens and wells disappear 

and many four wheeled vehicles appear.

I have many children, arrows for the Lord.

Did I mention yet that I take to bed when I get bored?

weddings I arrange, I do funerals too ( but only if filmed)

cos I'm grifting for the Lord, (until I get bored).

Then I sleep.

Will that all fit onto a safari jacket with many pockets?

Brava! :clap:

I have to say. Fewer things ruffle me up more than seeing people like John get away with crap like this, seemingly over and over again. Soetimes it makes me think why bother?

• 2 weeks later...

So...let me see if I have this straight. Getting up early and working hard all week means you're LESS entitled to sleep in or just rest on your day off? Great, that makes perfect sense. So glad the laziest person on the planet is here to explain that to us. Well, writing this post has really taken a toll on me so I'm going to take to the bed for the next couple days. Pray for me.

work.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived