IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

"Priscilla was do happy to be able to spend time her family and especially with her sister who just returned from Zambia, Africa for the first time in several years. What a special #Thanksgiving treat!"

It would have been a nice gesture if they had actually named Esther in their post since seeing her after several years was such a "#Thanksgiving treat!". I was glad, though, to see Esther looking so well.  

If only she had been able to come home with all of her children she could have indefinitely delayed her return to Zambia . It's so easy to misplace a passport. And a birth certificate. Where did that photo ID go? Visa, what visa?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

WHAT?!? How insensitive is this man, and why am I even asking?

Pretty sure he has done this at other funeral's too. John seemed to be there to tell people they aren't saved correctly, not comfort a grieving family. Some things should not be done and handing out tracts and inviting people to church is one thing that shouldn't be a part of the funeral. 

Victor's whole family is a different kind of Christian, so clearly they are doomed to hell. 

Oh, I just noticed the accordion - nice touch...

Is it typical to have a photographer at a funeral?  I assume John handed his camera to someone and said, be sure to get my good side.  I've not been at a funeral that had a photographer during the actual service, but it might be common and I just don't know about it from my fortunately limited funeral experience.

25 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Is it typical to have a photographer at a funeral?  I assume John handed his camera to someone and said, be sure to get my good side.  I've not been at a funeral that had a photographer during the actual service, but it might be common and I just don't know about it from my fortunately limited funeral experience.

Since the camera is focused on John, I'm guessing he was the one to say "Take pictures at the funeral." I've never heard of a funeral photographer either. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Pretty sure he has done this at other funeral's too.

I'm damn sure he's done it before.  We've called him out on it several times.  Funerals are the best time to proselytize, according to John.

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Oh, boy!  A rare sighting of the magical grifted accordion!  Whatever happened to Sharon Bailgoat?  I miss her.

40 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Since the camera is focused on John, I'm guessing he was the one to say "Take pictures at the funeral." I've never heard of a funeral photographer either. 

I'm sure it was John's bright idea.  I don't think I've ever seen photos of a funeral before, even from John.  I wonder who the photographer was too.  One of the kids or a convert?

John seems to forget his wife and kids exist. Even Russ, deadbeat daddy of the year, posts more about his daughter than John does, and he thankfully doesn't even have full custody.

7 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

What an excellent point! This is how we do things in our church folks........ What does he tell them? So weird.

ETA: I don't think I would want pictures of my loved ones funeral posted on FB. Especially with mourners present. Who would?

5 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

John seems to forget his wife and kids exist. Even Russ, deadbeat daddy of the year, posts more about his daughter than John does, and he thankfully doesn't even have full custody.

People like Russ seem to post about his kids to garner attention and make him look good. (I do think Russ really does love and adore his daughter ) , happy loving, family life draws lots of positive attention, even if it's all show. People like that sort of thing. Especially  Fundies. He is too self absorbed to even do that. That is so messed up.

I've not been to too many funerals. I have been to a few that had a professional video recorder, so that people who couldn't be there could still hear the stories people told about the deceased. (I don't know if other churches do this, but in my family's denomination it's customary to share stories about the deceased during the funeral service. My first and only catholic funeral was a bit of a shock.)

My apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone have any idea how long is his visa good for?  I'm guessing that the original visa was for 12 months.  Hopefully the Zambia portion of this train wreck will be over soon, and Esther & the kids can be closer to their support networks.

It has been driving me bonkers on who that picture of Schrader during that funeral reminded me of. It finally came to me. Any other Indiana Jones fans?

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Did you think I was going to say Indiana Jones himself!

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

John is out of bed and  wetting himself with excitement because he has a banner hanging from a railing at the bus station!!

I had to chuckle over his "but wait, there's more" comments in the banner posting.  He's the consummate pitchman, like the Ronco guy on television. 

The banner advertises a "25 minute movie covering the whole Bible."  I wonder if this stars a certain pastor who has recently shown his skill in producing motion pictures?  :my_smile:

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

The banner advertises a "25 minute movie covering the whole Bible." 

I just had a high-speed cartoon running in my mind of how that might play out.....

According to John's latest post Esther was also visiting churches that are still supporting John. I wonder how many supporting churches are getting worried about John's constant need of more money and more things. 

So poor Esther has to do what John and his epic, fandabidozi video have failed to do,and beg the grifters to continue to feed the Shrader offspring because Daddy can't take the pressure and find a real job. 

Of the three sisters Priscilla has the best match ( so far).  David appears to be a Pratt but he does hold down a job.( of sorts).

Anna is stuck with Joshley but J-B rewards her for that by housing and feeding the M kids.

Poor Esther is miles away from her family, in a beautiful country, possibly not knowing where the next penny is coming from. The giant ego she married does nothing sensible all day, collects vehicles, makes daft videos and takes to his bed when it all becomes to much.

Daddy Keller should be wringing his hands in shame. I can't help but hope that Esther has been truthful about her life with John and Perhaps hopefully the Keller parents begin to realise what a joke of a man John Schrader is.

The best scenario would be for the sensible Keller brother to fly to Botswana and bring back the remaining kids, leaving John to caper through life by himself.

Sadly it won't happen though.

Wasn't John living in what used to be his church? His latest posts is him begging for prayers because the landlord died, the new landlord just dropped by and John is worried about what is going to happen with their housing situation. John needs a four bedroom house(one room for him and Esther, one room for the boys, one room for the girls and one room for the printing ministry) and those are not easy to find. 

So after 2 1/2 years John still hasn't managed to house his precious blessings with any security for their immediate future and poor Esther has constant worry. I truly hope she doesn't end up pregnant again. Ever.

John, ask for a pop-up trailer. You can live in it when Esther and the kids go back to Florida. That would be the best scenario I can think of right now.

John could sell one of his vehicles to pay for the repairs to the house. Esther should not have to cope with laundry for her huge family with no hot water. 

John. Get real.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

According to John's latest post Esther was also visiting churches that are still supporting John. I wonder how many supporting churches are getting worried about John's constant need of more money and more things. 

And of course, putting a "sturdy" and submissive woman, a frail-looking baby and a couple of cute kids in front of them is a great way to secure donations. It's harder to remember that John is a complete waste of humanity when you're faced with the fact that your money is keeping a small herd of children fed and housed (kind of) :pb_neutral: 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

John could sell one of his vehicles to pay for the repairs to the house. Esther should not have to cope with laundry for her huge family with no hot water. 

John. Get real.

Someone asked if he could simply buy the house.  

Not just the laundry.  Imagine having to heat water to bath all those little kids!

He could convert the plane into a living space! 

(I am completely obsessed with the plane, I'm sure it's obvious!  I wish we had a FJ top 10 of grifting, because wow, the things I'm probably missing!) (I know, I know, the entire top 10 would be John, Jill Rod, and PP's grifted air tickets to countries he's been banned from)

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I wish we had a FJ top 10 of grifting

Or a rogue's gallery -- some of the photos of these grifters are over the top.

In other news, Satan stole the banner.  Presumably John received permission from the property owner to hang his banner in that location.

Regarding the widow of the landlord dropping by the rental:  John explains in a Facebook comment that they are unable to own property until they become residents (ten years).  So, who owns the various structures that house the chickens/bibles/church?  I must have assumed incorrectly that Shrader Sr.'s church owned the property.

5 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

In other news, Satan stole the banner. 

ohmygah...i don't know why i find this so hilarious, but i do! :laughing-rolling: they're really not that expensive, we've bought several through vistaprint. john's one was probably about $50, smaller ones start at under $20. i bet if he put up another one, it would mysteriously get stolen (by SATAN!) too, hmmm

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived