IGNORED

The Future of The Bates

JMO

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

hmmm.

Oh, dear sweet baby jeebus.  It's exactly what I feared. 

Everyone always seems to think Kelly provided a good education to her kids, but I really don't think she did. I suspect the only reason it looks like they did is because they have a fundie approved college right next to them. If Clown wasn't there, I really doubt the Bates would be getting any sort of a college education. Michael seems to be the one exception, but I think she is highly self motivated and so deep in the cult that they weren't too worried about her going off to a community college. Without Clown no way Erin or the rest would have stepped foot on a college campus. 

Maybe Alyssa is like me: whatever direction one is facing is North. (Seriously. Once I tried to drive to a mall I'd never been to and ended up in a completely different county, something like 40 minutes away from where I should have gone. I called my dad and he was like, "How did you even do that?!")

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Everyone always seems to think Kelly provided a good education to her kids, but I really don't think she did. I suspect the only reason it looks like they did is because they have a fundie approved college right next to them. If Clown wasn't there, I really doubt the Bates would be getting any sort of a college education. 

I think it also seems that way in comparison to the Duggars, Rodriguii and other families in their circle. Both Kelly and Gil were college educated and she was his chemistry TA. And they went to public school. If they didn't have a million kids and had been drawn into ATI but had been conservative Christians with 4-8 spaced out kids they could have successfully homeschooled.  She could have easily had the time and energy to give them a better education and would have encouraged a real college education.  Not to mention Alyssa wouldn't have been saddled with cooking for 20 people as a tween and Michael wouldn't have been in charge of child rearing once the baby was Enzo'd. 

On 5/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Zach/Whitney - will have as big a family as they can afford. I think Zach buys into the IBLP ideas completely, just more quietly than some of his sibs/in-laws, and Whitney is definitely in love with the big-happy-family idea. maybe 10-12? cops don't make that much $$ lol, and while I don't think Zach would have more kids than he can afford (remembering the Bates' poor days) I think he and Whit know how to live cheap.

Michael/Brandon - will have ~ 4-6 kids, whether they are biological or not. I do see them adopting, maybe once Michael turns 30 or so, if they can't have biological children. 

Erin/Chad

*SNIP EVERYTHING AFTER* 

y'all i just realized when i made this post last week, i typed out all the names, then filled them in & totally forgot about Erin & Chad.....haha. I see them being intentional about when they get pregnant for her health (+ i'm sure whatever meds and injections she has to take to maintain pregnancies will get expensive...), and had their two early and close together and for now are going to focus on Carson and Brooklyn. Then again, Brooklyn will be 1 soon, so they may start trying again by the end of the year, who knows. I think they'll have ~6 total. 

side note: because duggar-bates relationships are always speculated, but the ship has sailed for all the older kids on both sides....my guess is going to be Johannah Duggar and Jackson Bates. they're both the leaders of their little sibling-posse haha, and not too far apart in age. :P 

8 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

y'all i just realized when i made this post last week, i typed out all the names, then filled them in & totally forgot about Erin & Chad.....haha. I see them being intentional about when they get pregnant for her health (+ i'm sure whatever meds and injections she has to take to maintain pregnancies will get expensive...), and had their two early and close together and for now are going to focus on Carson and Brooklyn. Then again, Brooklyn will be 1 soon, so they may start trying again by the end of the year, who knows. I think they'll have ~6 total. 

side note: because duggar-bates relationships are always speculated, but the ship has sailed for all the older kids on both sides....my guess is going to be Johannah Duggar and Jackson Bates. they're both the leaders of their little sibling-posse haha, and not too far apart in age. :P 

Ehhh there's still Josiah and Jed/Jer for the Duggars and Josie and Katie (almost - Josie will be 18 this summer and Katie has another year) for the Bates. 

Though I don't really see the Bates girls "settling" for a Duggar after all the fundie "winners" their sisters have been matched with. 

More i Think about and less i are a Duggar/Bates wedding i'm not sure the little one are close like the oldest and if, they are more like good friend, even if accordi to JAustin is possibile to married someone you know since you where little...

I don't think after all the bad publicity and how image conscious the Bates have become and how well they're other kids have been matched marriage wise that the Bates would be happy about a Bates /  Duggar courtship or marriage

Shallow med can't help but think that no Bates girl would want a Duggar boy...they seem to go for tall, dark, fit and personable men, that actually works. Not precisely Duggar style. 

The boys, hard to tell. But with outgoing and spunky sisters I can't imagine them going for a "meek and sweet" Duggar girl. 

9 hours ago, Casserole said:

Ehhh there's still Josiah and Jed/Jer for the Duggars and Josie and Katie (almost - Josie will be 18 this summer and Katie has another year) for the Bates. 

Though I don't really see the Bates girls "settling" for a Duggar after all the fundie "winners" their sisters have been matched with. 

Honestly, I think the Duggar/Bates courtship sailed when Jinger and Joy married elsewhere. I'm a Jinger/Lawson truther and Joy always seemed much closer to the Bates than the other Duggarlings. It doesn't seem like the younger Duggars and Bates are as close as the older ones are.

Going forward, I don't see any Bates marrying a Duggar. Apart from Jana, it's going to be over seven years before the next Duggar daughter turns eighteen, all the older Bates girls appear to be spoken for, and Gil obviously prefers to marry his daughters off to men who are actually self-sufficient. The Bank of Jim Bob may have been a good investment five or six years ago, but I doubt Mr. "Doesn't Like to Pay for Things or Work" is going to be a fan of sending a daughter to the wreckage of the Duggar Gravy Train. 

ETA: This is ultimately why I think the Bates clan will stay in the cult longer than the Duggars will. People don't tend to abandon cults or lifestyles until things get bad. Even though they probably make less money from their TV show than the Duggars do, the Bates seem way less dependent on that money, and their adult kids are more financially stable-- you know, they have jobs and stuff, while the Duggars are resorting to shaking down tabloids with frivolous lawsuits. Don't get me wrong, I think both families are awful, but I suspect the Duggars are going to implode first for this reason. 

^ these are reasons i pick Johannah + one of the middle Bates boys, haha. a duggar/bates thing may never happen (totally probable) but if it does it's going to have to be one of the little duggar girls with a middle bates boy. The little Bates boys are too young, but the little Duggar girls would be aging into adulthood hopefully right around when the TLC gravy train quits. I think JB would still love for one of his daughters to marry a Bates, but no way in hell would Gil let one of his girls get dependent on a Duggar. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2017 at 8:21 AM, Casserole said:

The Duggar boys are not 'pretty' enough for the Bates girls. Look at their hubbies/boyfrends/ courtships/ whatever. They all have that Chad Paine look. 

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

The Duggar boys are not 'pretty' enough for the Bates girls. Look at their hubbies/boyfrends/ courtships/ whatever. They all have that Chad Paine look. 

I was just thinking about that today while watching Joy and Austin's wedding. All of the new spouses for the Duggars are more "rugged" for a lack of a better word. The Bates girls like pretty boys.

• 4 months later...

Since it's the new year AND a new season of BUB is this week, I'll resurrect this thread.

Z&W- They will finish the house reno and Baby #3 will be announced

M&B- I'm not going to be speculating on babies at this point

E&C- Everly will be born and they will find that their house is too small for a family of 5. They may follow Zach and Whitney in getting a fixer upper.

Lawson- The usual going to Nashville to record and play small venues.

Nathan- I don't have a clue.

A&J- Obviously have Zoey in April.

T&B- She will graduate and she will be with child.

Trace- Go to school and to stuff

C&E- Courtship announcement then engagement, after that marriage and baby

J&K- I don't know they seem like the kind that may take it slow, so maybe just a courtship announcement this year.

Katie- Maybe special friend?

Jackson and the rest of the younger ones- I have no freakin' idea.

(I'm horrible at these things, so I'm sticking with the obvious stuff)

Alright I will play. 

Kelly and Gil...A Vacation. GIl gushing about how hard it is to lose his girls. Kelly saying "As A mother..." 

Zach and Whit...finish the house.  I think we may see more of Z as a police officer and Whit working. 

M & B... I really hope they can announce a pregnancy.  

E & C.... Third baby. Hopefully drama-less. They're going to need to move. And they'll get some other kind of animal.  What's left? Horses? Cows? 

A & J... Zoey will be born. She'll bounce right back. Say no more. Get pregnant. She'll look cute on Instagram. 

Nathan... A courtship announcement with a very fundie girl or a Whitney type he's met at the Sonic. 

Lawson... Posing. Singing.  More of the same. 

T & B... I expect we'll see very little of her. She's not on social media.  She'll finish school. Have a baby. 

C & E... So much exposure we won't be able to get away from it.  Courtship. Engagement. Summer wedding. 

J & K... Courtship.  I think she'll be married before she's 20

Katie... Special friend

Trace... Special Friend

We're going to start to see more of the young ones. As Tori leaves, they'll need to replace her. One of the younger guys will step into a Trace space. 

My turn.

Special Friend & Courtship: Katie, then Trace. Lawson's too busy being smug; Nathan, I believe, is still a little jaded. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the John-David of the Bates.

Engagement & Wedding: Carlin, then Josie (although I would like to see it flipped). Fundie Zoolander will move closer to the Bates a-la-Chad; Kelton will whisk Josie away a-la-Alyssa.

Pregnancy Announcements: Tori, then either Alyssa or Whitney by the end of the year

Real Estate: Zach & Whitney will finish the house; Chad will purchase and reno a fixer-upper in that shabby chic style Erin loves and singlehandedly prove once again how he is the model fundie husband

Michael & Brandon: BUB will continue to follow their fertility struggles; if they do not conceive, their screentime may decrease to almost naught.

Miscellaneous:

- Katie's future education plans

- Increased screen time for Jackson

- Tori homeschooling the littles and her nephews until she falls pregnant

- UP tricking us in trailers that there will actually be drama revolving around Carlin and Evan's road to marriage (e.g. Gil's disapproval)

- If Whitney falls pregnant, she will quit her real estate job

ZW: Announce a new pregnancy and finish the house.

EC: Uncomplicated birth to Everly and they go house hunting with Whit as realtor. No new pregnancy announcement in 2018.

MB: start talking about adoption.

Lawson: Keeps recording new music and no courtship.

Nathan: New courtship (maybe even engagement this year) that he will keep more private than his relationship with Ashley.

AJ: Give birth to Zoey and don't announce another new pregnancy this year.

TB: Pregnancy announcement.

CE: Get engaged and married by the end of 2018.

JK: get engaged by the end of 2018.

Trace: starts to get to know someone. 

Katie: starts to get to know someone after she turns 18.

In regards to Katie, she's the last girl home. And Kelly is lazy like Michelle Duggar.  She can't take care of her own kids and have all these great 'friendships' and travel that she does.  I mean how will she go to the Bahamas? I know they have paid people living with them homeschoolng and what not. 

But. I think Katie is now going to be Sarah Maxwelled and Jana Duggared. Kept home. No courting. She's raising the rest of the kids. It will be sad to watch. 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

In regards to Katie, she's the last girl home. And Kelly is lazy like Michelle Duggar.  She can't take care of her own kids and have all these great 'friendships' and travel that she does.  I mean how will she go to the Bahamas? I know they have paid people living with them homeschoolng and what not. 

But. I think Katie is now going to be Sarah Maxwelled and Jana Duggared. Kept home. No courting. She's raising the rest of the kids. It will be sad to watch. 

Addie turns 12 next month, Ellie will be 11 in April, and Callie will be 9 in August. That’s, unfortunately, more than old enough in their world for sister Mom duties - Jill Dillard was only six when her first buddy, Joy, was born (though she may have been the ripe old age of 7 by the time Joy was her total responsibility.) Carlin, Josie, and Katie are all still available for now and they could train the younger girls to take over the main household duties before they all leave. 

On 1/4/2018 at 3:39 PM, JoylessAnna said:

My turn.

Special Friend & Courtship: Katie, then Trace. Lawson's too busy being smug; Nathan, I believe, is still a little jaded. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the John-David of the Bates.

Engagement & Wedding: Carlin, then Josie (although I would like to see it flipped). Fundie Zoolander will move closer to the Bates a-la-Chad; Kelton will whisk Josie away a-la-Alyssa.

Pregnancy Announcements: Tori, then either Alyssa or Whitney by the end of the year

Real Estate: Zach & Whitney will finish the house; Chad will purchase and reno a fixer-upper in that shabby chic style Erin loves and singlehandedly prove once again how he is the model fundie husband

Michael & Brandon: BUB will continue to follow their fertility struggles; if they do not conceive, their screentime may decrease to almost naught.

Miscellaneous:

- Katie's future education plans

- Increased screen time for Jackson

- Tori homeschooling the littles and her nephews until she falls pregnant

- UP tricking us in trailers that there will actually be drama revolving around Carlin and Evan's road to marriage (e.g. Gil's disapproval)

- If Whitney falls pregnant, she will quit her real estate job

Alyssa won’t have Zoey until April and she has a tendency to announce her pregnancies late - she has announced each pregnancy around the 19 week mark so far. For those reasons I am pretty positive that there won’t be another announcement from her this year. Even if she gets pregnant around six months postpartum (as she did with Zoey), she wouldn’t be halfway through that pregnancy until well into 2019.

Archived