IGNORED

The Future of The Bates

JMO

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This sounds awful but I think a lot of the fundie girls know what an annoying attention whore he is and don't want to court him. He will have to find a girl from Sonic that doesn't know his attention whoring ways.

Unfortunately, Cousin Amy Dugger is now married. She would have been perfect, and they could have made beautiful music together! (As long as the rest of us didn't have to listen.) They'd both love the attention, too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10.8.2016 at 1:22 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Erin, Tori and Michael will stay very fundie but only Tori will be quiverful (but no way with 19 kids!).

Hello,

I'm a new forum member and I don't know much about the fundie world or single cult members yet.

Only a few things from blogs and the TV shows. (That's how I discovered the Bateses)

Why do you think that only Tori will be quiverful and stay very fundie ? From my limited point of view, she always seemed more quirky, outgoing and loud and not as "traditional" as Michael or Erin.

Thank you for answering :-) 

I think Lawson might stay fundie just because he most likely isn't going to make it as a big music star and being a fundie man would be a way to feed his ego. He would probably be the sort of fundie who expects everyone around him to follow strict rules, but he secretly does "worldly" stuff. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think Lawson might stay fundie just because he most likely isn't going to make it as a big music star and being a fundie man would be a way to feed his ego. He would probably be the sort of fundie who expects everyone around him to follow strict rules, but he secretly does "worldly" stuff. 

Maybe, but on the other side being "modern" also feeds the ego, wearing fancy clothes and going to funny places and of course posting it in IG. I don't see him marrying a frumpy girl. That's why I see him turning lite, like Alyssa. They'll keep hardcore beliefs, but also be worldly in the exterior.

21 minutes ago, BrandoBarks said:

Hello,

I'm a new forum member and I don't know much about the fundie world or single cult members yet.

Only a few things from blogs and the TV shows. (That's how I discovered the Bateses)

Why do you think that only Tori will be quiverful and stay very fundie ? From my limited point of view, she always seemed more quirky, outgoing and loud and not as "traditional" as Michael or Erin.

Thank you for answering :-) 

Tori is very involved in religion, plus she complained her parents were less strict with the little ones than they were with the older ones. And her boyfriend is working in a ministry. And being loud doesn't make you less fundie, Bates home is always very loud.

1 hour ago, BrandoBarks said:

Hello,

:text-welcomewave:  We encourage people to look around FJ and read more than the family specific threads to learn more about the Fundie world.  It goes well beyond IBLP, ATI, and the Bates family.  There is a lot of information in QoS if you want to browse. http://www.freejinger.org/forum/203-quiver-full-of-snark/

I can't answer your question because I think most of the children are probably going to stay Fundie.  I am a lot more optimistic about the youngest ones.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe, but on the other side being "modern" also feeds the ego, wearing fancy clothes and going to funny places and of course posting it in IG. I don't see him marrying a frumpy girl. That's why I see him turning lite, like Alyssa. They'll keep hardcore beliefs, but also be worldly in the exterior.

I think Fundie Modern or Fundie Worldly are far better descriptions of Alyssa (and possibly Lawson) at the moment.  Keeping hardcore Fundie beliefs means they are still hardcore Fundie whatever they look like on the outside.  

Fundie-lite really means moving away from hard core Fundamental beliefs and Patriarchal thinking towards the mainstream.  

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Tori is very involved in religion, plus she complained her parents were less strict with the little ones than they were with the older ones. And her boyfriend is working in a ministry. And being loud doesn't make you less fundie, Bates home is always very loud.

I also remember one of the siblings (Alyssa?) saying that they requested a new chaperone because Tori was so annoyingly strict with the courtship rules.

So here are my guesses (sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been reading just not posting because life went nuts!) 

1. Tori will marry Bobby and stay very Fundie. The kids themselves always say she's the one to have 19. She and Michael. But, Michael has not yet started (publicly anyway) so I don't know if she's going to have 19.  Tori ran the education over the table so she's set up for the whole process at this point. I think it'll be she who continues. In Florida, where Bobby is from. 

2. Erin and Chad continue as they are.  They've said they'll do what the doctor says in terms of children. So, we wait and see.  What will the doctor say?

3. Whitney and Zach stay put.  8-10 children.  Fundie-lite in as much as they watch Winnie the Pooh but no attitude changes. 

4. Lawson will not marry.  That is my prediction.  He'll spend more time in Nashville as time goes on. 

5. Carlin will marry a preacher and live a very public life. She loves the cameras. 

6. Nathan will marry Ashley. I think thats coming eventually. They'll stay nearby.  

7.  Trace will go touring with horse shoes or rodeos. He'll come home with a wife.  

8. I worry about Kelly the same way I worry about Michelle. What happens to those kids if the sister moms marry (although in the case of the Duggars Jana seems to be sticking around) and their actual moms aren't around?  Do the kids get farmed out?  

9. Forgot Alyssa--I think those kids (5 more, she has said 6) will all go to public school. Mark my word, public.  She doesn't strike me as wanting them in the house with her all day.  

I think Alyssa will stop when she reaches 2 kids per bedroom.  I think the noise and disorder is going to get to her before she gets to six or eight kids.  It's easy enough now to say eight kids just to keep people off her back. 

Keep in mind this is just for fun, and i am actually not very good at foreseeing fundies futures, so i wouldnt be surprised if they end doing just the opposite lol

-Zach and Whitney will keep having babies, and i see them ending with one of the bigest families of all the kids, because i think Whitney is in love with the idea of a big happy family.

-Michaela and Brandon i think would also love to have a big family, and i think they are quiverfull but i dont see them with more than 10 kids, the first one the next year. Also i think they will relocate in the next months, they only went to live far away from both families because of his work, so if he keeps it they will go to Texas and if not they will move next to his or her families, they seem very family oriented people to me.

-Chad and Erin, he will leave his work at the metal factory, and will be self-employed in the furniture bussiness full time. I dont think they will relocate, and will keep living near the Bates parents.

-Lawson i think will keep focused on his music career, and he will marry eventually but not young (for a fundie). Probably when he is in his 30s.

-Alyssa and John, will keep mostly out of the spotlight, and will keep being modern-fundie. I think she will end with 4-5 kids. I dont see her sending her kids to public school, i think that if she doesnt homeschool then she will find a  private school that agrees with their beliefs.

-Nathan probably will end marrying Ashley, i think they were just not ready for the commitement at the moment, but the interest they have for each other is still there.

-Tori will marry next summer to Bobbi, and i agree with some of you that she would love to have 19 kids. But if she would have them or not would depend on her fertility, as we have seen having that many kids its not that easy to achieve. I also see her going to live to Florida and i dont think she would end using her teaching degree for a real work, just to homeschool and maybe some sunday school or something like that if her husband ends being a preacher.

-Carlin, i see her marrying young, and i wouldnt be surprised if she married a Duggar, since i think she would love the exposure.

-Trace, i see similarities between him and Lawson,  so i also see him enjoying his single years, but instead of focusing on music he would focus on the rodeo thing, and so i dont see him marrying any time soon either.

-The rest of the kids is too dificult to say anything about them, since they are too young, and i dont think we know enought about them.

The older kids seem okay with being in the spotlight, so I assume if anyone leaves and gets a real job, it will be one of the younger kids.

Z & W- Between 8-10 kids more if Z career goes well. W will probably try out a variety of different educating styles before settling on one for sure. My bet by Bradly's 10th birthday we'll know how the rest will be educated. Children will have the same amount of time between them that B & K has.

C & E- Will stay in Tennessee, they would have left already if they weren't planning on staying. They will continue to have as many kids as possible until something tragic happens. I won't be surprise if E ends up in a Saint like predicament.

M & B- They either end up in Texas or Michigan. M is probably facing the same problem as E but not talking about. If not B is then probably controlling the matter. Knowing that with good amount of spacing between kids would allow them to live a better life. Hell they might be the first to adopt. Expect their off springs to be the better educated among the second generation.

A & J- They will do what needs to be done to keep either his dad or other family members in office. Kids will be spaced between 2-3 years and attend schools that have good reputations. 

T & B- Married and pregnant by this time next year. Probably located near where B is working as a minister.

N & A- The Fundie will they or won't they. Probably be married in three years time. Vs living in or around NYC or Tennessee they pull a Dillard's and live aboard "helping" other communities. Kids will come freely and probably oftenish for those 2.

Lawson- Bets on him becoming the politican. He'll become one 5-10 years post show. Music career behind him but learned from that career how to hold a crowd. Marries the most stunning girl one that is capable of getting just as much attention as Lawson but can reflect that attention to him. She is a normal girl who went a real school and probably a college that isn't crown or ifbl related. More likely she work as a teacher or secretary with a daddy who's a local guy with a lot of influence (pastor, business man, judge, or sheriff). They have the less amount of kids.

With the rest I call it as a wait and see until we see more of them in a dating enivorments or out on their ownish. Most will end up at crown but expect others to go off to other religious schools  that vary between extreme to non-extreme. I doubt any of them will have more then 13 kids biologically.

11 hours ago, kjmackin said:

Z & W- Between 8-10 kids more if Z career goes well. W will probably try out a variety of different educating styles before settling on one for sure. My bet by Bradly's 10th birthday we'll know how the rest will be educated. Children will have the same amount of time between them that B & K has.

C & E- Will stay in Tennessee, they would have left already if they weren't planning on staying. They will continue to have as many kids as possible until something tragic happens. I won't be surprise if E ends up in a Saint like predicament.

M & B- They either end up in Texas or Michigan. M is probably facing the same problem as E but not talking about. If not B is then probably controlling the matter. Knowing that with good amount of spacing between kids would allow them to live a better life. Hell they might be the first to adopt. Expect their off springs to be the better educated among the second generation.

A & J- They will do what needs to be done to keep either his dad or other family members in office. Kids will be spaced between 2-3 years and attend schools that have good reputations. 

T & B- Married and pregnant by this time next year. Probably located near where B is working as a minister.

N & A- The Fundie will they or won't they. Probably be married in three years time. Vs living in or around NYC or Tennessee they pull a Dillard's and live aboard "helping" other communities. Kids will come freely and probably oftenish for those 2.

Lawson- Bets on him becoming the politican. He'll become one 5-10 years post show. Music career behind him but learned from that career how to hold a crowd. Marries the most stunning girl one that is capable of getting just as much attention as Lawson but can reflect that attention to him. She is a normal girl who went a real school and probably a college that isn't crown or ifbl related. More likely she work as a teacher or secretary with a daddy who's a local guy with a lot of influence (pastor, business man, judge, or sheriff). They have the less amount of kids.

With the rest I call it as a wait and see until we see more of them in a dating enivorments or out on their ownish. Most will end up at crown but expect others to go off to other religious schools  that vary between extreme to non-extreme. I doubt any of them will have more then 13 kids biologically.

I love your prediction on Lawson. I never thought politician but now I can see it. He did do that whole instagram post on Donald Trump.  Good ones!

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2016 at 5:15 AM, kjmackin said:

<snip>

<snip>

Oh, wow. I can't really picture Tori pregnant. She's so young and appears even younger than she is.

The prediction sounds realistic though.

• 1 month later...
On 10.8.2016 at 1:53 AM, marmalade said:

Nothing will change until the Bateseseseses are off TV and Gil is bounced from the IBLP board. Not one or the other. Both. It's going to take a REAL wake-up call to jar this arm of the cult. Losing money and power could do it. 

Yes, it is going to be a real wake up, but they won't feel responsible for it and blame whoever fits them. And they'll probably cry out that this is persecution.

On 10.8.2016 at 4:24 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I just thinking. I can be wrong. It would be nice that Callie Bates or Jenni Duggar go to college and turn left activists, or at least that just turn happy adults with nice lifes. But I see the worst future for the little ones, I'm sorry.

THIS. WOULD. BE. SO. GORGEOUS!!!! A dream come true.

On 11.8.2016 at 5:03 PM, Arix said:

Lawson pulls a Zach, falls for a mostly secular gal and converts her.

I LOVE that "pulling a Zach" is a thing/saying. :-) :-)

My predictions are fairly boring compared with the rest of y'all. I think from Nathan up have the best chance of moving away from their parents ideas. All of them had to work in the real world in order to survive, Lawson the most.  That kind of exposure could lead to cracks in their beliefs down the road.  Though I suspect that Zach has the best chance of all to have a change. He's in the real world now. He sees things that just make him question what his parents said. I'm not saying it will happen soon but that it is more likely with those kids than others who didn't have to be in the real world. 

I agree that A&J will probably send their kids to school. The sad part is how much Alyssa will be learning from the kids. 

Copying myself, I wrote it in 2017 predictions thread.

Batesesessss

Announcements:

Whitney announces pregnancy in Summer.

Michael announces baby at the end of 2017, of course God answered their prayers and gift them a baby through a Christian fertility doctor. I think they will admit they needed medical help of some kind.

no announcements

No announcement for Alyssa (next baby will be made&delivered in 2018, she's a planner and I have the feeling she waits to the baby's first birthday to try for another one).

No announcement for Erin. I think Chad is a really responsible man. They can have #3 eventually, but not soon.

courtships and engagements

Tori engages summer, marries winter. Honeymoon baby in 2018

Nathan engages at the end of the year. Maybe Ashley but more probably a Tennessee girl. A shy, modest, classical-fundie (no jeans, no job).

Carlin courtship. A tall, handsome man with a real job.

Josie will meet a special friend, born in a wealthy family. She will marry very young. Not in 2017 but maybe 2018.

others

Gil will have problems with the trial. FJ will be eating pop corn while watching his legal struggles.

Copying myself, I wrote it in 2017 predictions thread.

Batesesessss
Announcements:
Whitney announces pregnancy in Summer.
Michael announces baby at the end of 2017, of course God answered their prayers and gift them a baby through a Christian fertility doctor. I think they will admit they needed medical help of some kind.
no announcements
No announcement for Alyssa (next baby will be made&delivered in 2018, she's a planner and I have the feeling she waits to the baby's first birthday to try for another one).
No announcement for Erin. I think Chad is a really responsible man. They can have #3 eventually, but not soon.
courtships and engagements
Tori engages summer, marries winter. Honeymoon baby in 2018
Nathan engages at the end of the year. Maybe Ashley but more probably a Tennessee girl. A shy, modest, classical-fundie (no jeans, no job).
Carlin courtship. A tall, handsome man with a real job.
Josie will meet a special friend, born in a wealthy family. She will marry very young. Not in 2017 but maybe 2018.
others
Gil will have problems with the trial. FJ will be eating pop corn while watching his legal struggles.

2017 predictions thread?

21 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

2017 predictions thread?

• 5 months later...

Okay...

Just from watching Instagram...

Nathan will get engaged to Ashley. Lawson will continue to play small venues with his family coming to every single show. Tori will be married in May (she said as much), Carlin starts a courtship.  Whitney will be pregnant again.  And Alyssa, for the third time, in 2018.  I'm not comfortable speculating on Michael (I know this is hypocritical of me. LOL) But, since we know she's struggling I do wish her the sense to use a doctor who may not be 'fundie' friendly.  

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tori will be married in May (she said as much),

Tori will be married in May--this May?  

Tori said was that she didn't want to get married til after she graduated next May (2018) but plans can change.  

Zach/Whitney - will have as big a family as they can afford. I think Zach buys into the IBLP ideas completely, just more quietly than some of his sibs/in-laws, and Whitney is definitely in love with the big-happy-family idea. maybe 10-12? cops don't make that much $$ lol, and while I don't think Zach would have more kids than he can afford (remembering the Bates' poor days) I think he and Whit know how to live cheap.

Michael/Brandon - will have ~ 4-6 kids, whether they are biological or not. I do see them adopting, maybe once Michael turns 30 or so, if they can't have biological children. 

Erin/Chad

Lawson - totally gonna "pull a Zach" haha. He won't marry til he's 30ish, but once he does he'll expect wifey to go full quiverfull while wearing modern fashionable clothes. 

Nathan - will stay in Tennessee and inherit the tree business, unless one of the younger boys expresses interest. He and Ashley are currently in the "we used to date, but now LOOK WHAT TOTALLY SUCH GREAT PLATONIC FRIENDS WE ARE" phase haha. He'll meet some nice country fundie girl most likely....though for some reason I could see him and Ashley getting back together in about 3-4 years if the circumstances change just right. 

Alyssa/John - will have 6-8 kids and send them to private school. Will continue to name their kids "adorable" country-sounding nicknames instead of real names (personal pet peeve of mine....sorry haha)

Tori/Bobby - married in 2018 and eventually have 12-15 kids if possible. (note: it bugs the crap out of me that she said "the plan is to get married after i graduate but plans can change"....like, she doesn't want to plan a wedding while still in school, so she should not plan her wedding while still in school, point blank. shouldn't matter when Bobby decides to propose. that being said, I have no idea when they'll get engaged.) 

Trace - I see him going either completely Nathan and joining the tree business, or completely Lawson and traveling the country, depending on whether he succeeds or fails at his show-riding endeavors and if failure crushes his soul or not.

Carlin - courtship with Evan this year. will go fundie-modern, more so than Alyssa because she loves the spotlight more and doesn't have Alyssa & John's "politician's family" expectations.

Josie - will actually get her cosmetolegy degree and work for awhile.

Katie - will go to crown, meet a guy, marry before she graduates, have 10+ kids. 

The middle boys - Jackson or Isaiah may totally love the tree stuff. If Isaiah doesn't, he may be the first Bates boy to make it to college. Warden will actually blossom in his love for cooking, and if he likes school enough he could get the fundie equivalent of a culinary degree? He seems ridiculously off-the-walls energetic to me, but actually shows a lot of patience when cooking at Erin's house. 

The little girls - Addee and Ellie meet guys at similar times and have a double wedding :P. My bet's on Callie being the one to "break free".

The little boys - Jeb has too much energy than he knows what to do with, than his family is willing to foster into something creative, and than his family has time to "train"/(stifle) out of him. He'll have a troublemaker phase. Judson seems like a complete sweetheart, but liable to get dragged into whatever trouble Jeb's making. 

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Alyssa/John - will have 6-8 kids and send them to private school. Will continue to name their kids "adorable" country-sounding nicknames instead of real names (personal pet peeve of mine....sorry haha)

While things could obviously change, Alyssa already said in a instagram story (as well as a Bateseses Facebook live) that she plans on homeschooling. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the school enrollment. 

On 5/26/2017 at 3:14 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

While things could obviously change, Alyssa already said in a instagram story (as well as a Bateseses Facebook live) that she plans on homeschooling. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the school enrollment. 

And that's a shame, IMO.  Little Allie seems to have a fairly advanced vocabulary already for her age.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's very smart.  I have no idea about Alyssa's ability to offer challenging curriculum that meets Allie's needs.  If she is a good teacher, then that's great.  However, if she's more like the Duggars in their teaching styles, then I think it's a shame that Allie won't go to a real school.  There are private religious schools who offer advanced curriculum.  Allie seems like she would thrive in such an environment.  

Archived