IGNORED

Xander, the Rescue Puppy (Update)

Jucifer

I mentioned this puppy and his story on the Naugler thread. 

He is so adorable and I miss him!

He seemed to get much better at our house. By the time he left to get surgery he was used to getting around on 3 legs. He was running down the hallway and playing with our dogs. :)

We would really love to adopt him but our big male dog was showing signs that he was thinking about getting aggressive with the pup. It's hard for me to understand as a human person, they were best buddies for the first couple of days. I don't want to put either dog in that kind of situation. 

He has 3 legs now but I really think he'll be a high-energy dog. He'll need lots of exercise (frequent walks).  He's also 100% puppy at this point and needs constant attention and supervision.   He bit the plug off our vacuum cleaner (it wasn't plugged in) and isn't house trained. ;)

He is very smart, though, and learned what no means in short order. 

Its not an emergency situation and there are volunteers to take care of him until he finds the perfect forever home.

I hesitate to do this but it's been suggested that I share this link, so I'm going to. ;) The title is a little misleading now since the last time I saw him he was running, but he could still use some help. 

https://www.gofundme.com/xanderllov

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I visited my (dog rescuing) neighbor today and she told me that Xander has been adopted by a lady who does animal physiotherapy.  :D

Archived