IGNORED

Joshley 18: Another Summer, Another (Threatened) Lawsuit

SpoonfulOSugar

4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Agreed with the mouth herpes thing. I hate when people equate it or talk about it as having genital herpes. When I was pregnant, they always do STD testing. So when my doctor said I tested positive for Herpes I about fell off the table. She then went on to say, oh I meant oral herpes. Just like those who have shared above, I have had these darn things since I was a child and get them constantly when stressed. I can guarantee you I didn't get oral herpes from doing anything sexual as a child.

I have the oral kind too thanks to an ex. I get them right in the corner of my mouth and they always hurt!!! (I am a bit of a whinger when it comes to pain, my pain threshold is extremely low).

1 hour ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

How low people will sink for the almighty dollar never ceases to amaze me. Someone should remind Boob what the Bible says about the love of money, and greed, and idolatry.

Wouldn't matter even if he did read it, he'd adapt the rules to suit them or find a loophole.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree that this pic was testing the waters for the inevitable Joshly redemption tour. And i do believe that now is the time because she is pregnant. I think Anna looks gorgeous. But pregnant. My speculation isn't just based on how she looks, it's about the right time for her, josh has been back for several months, we kbow what their beliefs are. Then this pic comes out, DEFINITELY testing the public reaction/softening the blow for when they will have to announce. It just all adds up. There will be 4 new grandchildren in 2017. 

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Somebody needs to photoshop clown makeup onto Joshley's face to go with that shirt.

Or not- it might give people nightmares.

Clown Joshley would give Pennywise, Poltergeist clown, Zeebo and Saw clown a run for their money. 

What I expect at some point is a "Josh Tells All" special where he talks to Tamron from the Today show and gives his "side of the story" and talks about rebirth and forgiveness by God and all that stuff, and then Anna comes in at the end and they basically regurgitate everything she's said on Counting On. We would learn nothing new but the big thing they would push is that Josh has suffered and is oh-so-sorry and is now forgiven by God and his family.

After that TLC would see how the reaction is and if it's okay we'd start seeing him in the background of all the family stuff on the show. He's never going to be featured again or given THs or anything, but if they could sneak him back into the family collective in the way JB and Michelle are, it would simplify things for filming and possibly attract a few more viewers/gawkers. In their view, most of the anti-Josh people have probably quit watching the show already.

However, I do wonder if the hoopla over Toby Willis and the child rape allegations might make TLC even more gunshy about opening that can of worms again. TLC is getting a bit of a reputation with their talent ending up in controversy related to child abuse, and Josh popping up again would just be a reminder.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Clown Joshley would give Pennywise, Poltergeist clown, Zeebo and Saw clown a run for their money. 

This reminded me of John Wayne Gacy as clown. *shudder*

I can't believe their picture and this story is on the FRONT PAGE of CNN.... The first presidential debate was last night. Why do these people even warrant a sentence!? :angry-cussing:

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

There will be a book and possibly a preachy web series by the end of the year.

Maybe they'll team up with Jeremy and Audrey Roloff and start a christian counseling service

19 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I can't believe their picture and this story is on the FRONT PAGE of CNN.... The first presidential debate was last night. Why do these people even warrant a sentence!? :angry-cussing:

Maybe they'll team up with Jeremy and Audrey Roloff and start a christian counseling service

well they are gone now. Just checked 

5 hours ago, NewSeasonOfLife said:

What I expect at some point is a "Josh Tells All" special where he talks to Tamron from the Today show and gives his "side of the story" and talks about rebirth and forgiveness by God and all that stuff, and then Anna comes in at the end and they basically regurgitate everything she's said on Counting On. We would learn nothing new but the big thing they would push is that Josh has suffered and is oh-so-sorry and is now forgiven by God and his family.

After that TLC would see how the reaction is and if it's okay we'd start seeing him in the background of all the family stuff on the show. He's never going to be featured again or given THs or anything, but if they could sneak him back into the family collective in the way JB and Michelle are, it would simplify things for filming and possibly attract a few more viewers/gawkers. In their view, most of the anti-Josh people have probably quit watching the show already.

However, I do wonder if the hoopla over Toby Willis and the child rape allegations might make TLC even more gunshy about opening that can of worms again. TLC is getting a bit of a reputation with their talent ending up in controversy related to child abuse, and Josh popping up again would just be a reminder.

I don't think it's in anyone's interest for Josh to return to TV and certainly not for him to do a one on one interview. How would he explain his behavior with regard to the molestations? The Gothard buzzwords about how sexual abuse victims are partially to blame for their abuse won't fly with Tamron Hall or the general public. How could he explain why he got the AM account so soon after getting married to Anna without looking like the biggest douche of all time? Given how emotionally stunted Josh must be, he might not even understand why he did what he did, except in terms of Satan building fortresses and such. The only way the existence of Counting On can be justified is to say that the other Duggars shouldn't be punished for Josh's behavior (at least according to the leghumpers). A lot of advertisers already don't want to be associated with this mess, and bringing Josh on would definitely kill the series.

TLC is having a hard time getting advertisers for their network. If they bring back Josh on the show that lead to even more advertisers refusing to advertise on TLC. 

At this point I don't see him wanting to do interviews in which  he can't control the questions... maybe a nice little scripted podcast with a godly leghumper,  with Bible quotes galore, lots of  prayers, and Anna covering his back.

That sort of thing might go a long way with the people who are already ready to forgive all, and remain mostly unnoticed by the people who were disgusted by the scandal but forgot about it by now.

43 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

At this point I don't see him wanting to do interviews in which  he can't control the questions... maybe a nice little scripted podcast with a godly leghumper,  with Bible quotes galore, lots of  prayers, and Anna covering his back.

That sort of thing might go a long way with the people who are already ready to forgive all, and remain mostly unnoticed by the people who were disgusted by the scandal but forgot about it by now.

If people have forgotten about it, it's because the Duggars aren't nearly as popular as they seem to think. They never exploited their fame the way the Kardashians did by doing licensed merchandise and the like, and their speaking engagements were geared towards other fundie homeschoolers. As cagey a businessman JB thinks he is, he's made a real mistake by making the show the family's bread and butter and by continuing to support all of the kidults and their families. If the average person knew the Duggar family, it was for being a freakishly large family. Now they're known for being a freakishly large family with incest and molestation issues. I bet many non-FJers would even be surprised to know the Duggars still have a show. 

It's hard to believe that Josh and Anna are both in their late twenties. They look so much older than that.

I don't know how I feel about some kind of Josh interview. On the one hand, I so want to snark on it, and I absolutely want to see Josh squirm from what's asked of him. I don't want some soft bullshit in an interview. I think he should have do it live, and not on Fox News. No offense to Tamron Hall, but go for someone even bigger - Matt Lauer or Lester Holt or Savannah Guthrie, because I'd love to see a female annihilate him with tough questions that Megyn Kelly wouldn't ask him. But at the same time, I don't want this to lead to more Josh screen time. I'd prefer a one-and-done deal.

9 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

It's hard to believe that Josh and Anna are both in their late twenties. They look so much older than that.

I don't know how I feel about some kind of Josh interview. On the one hand, I so want to snark on it, and I absolutely want to see Josh squirm from what's asked of him. I don't want some soft bullshit in an interview. I think he should have do it live, and not on Fox News. No offense to Tamron Hall, but go for someone even bigger - Matt Lauer or Lester Holt or Savannah Guthrie, because I'd love to see a female annihilate him with tough questions that Megyn Kelly wouldn't ask him. But at the same time, I don't want this to lead to more Josh screen time. I'd prefer a one-and-done deal.

Definitely not Lauer. I'd say Tamron would be a better bet than him (I'm still bitter about how soft he went on Trump in that forum they did.) Tamron can be pretty opinionated and out spoken at times. That could be a really entertaining interview.

Savannah would be good. You can tell she's barely concealing her disgust with Trump at times, so I imagine she wouldn't mind tearing Joshley a new one if she interviewed him. And I think Lester could be a pretty good option as well. He's an intelligent man and excellent journalist.

But that's assuming he would be invited onto the Today Show. Which I highly doubt he would be. They haven't seemed to really work with the Duggars since his molestation scandal broke.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I would pay whatever was asked of me to see Smuggles interviewed by John Oliver.

YAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!! This needs to happen. Purely for my own sick and twisted entertainment. :pb_lol:

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

If people have forgotten about it, it's because the Duggars aren't nearly as popular as they seem to think. They never exploited their fame the way the Kardashians did by doing licensed merchandise and the like, and their speaking engagements were geared towards other fundie homeschoolers. As cagey a businessman JB thinks he is, he's made a real mistake by making the show the family's bread and butter and by continuing to support all of the kidults and their families. If the average person knew the Duggar family, it was for being a freakishly large family. Now they're known for being a freakishly large family with incest and molestation issues. I bet many non-FJers would even be surprised to know the Duggars still have a show. 

Waiting for a Duggar sex tape or our of wedlock birth

On 9/28/2016 at 9:28 AM, Buzzard said:

I would pay whatever was asked of me to see Smuggles interviewed by John Oliver.

I was going to say Rachel Maddow, but I would sell my firstborn child to see a John Oliver interview.

On 9/28/2016 at 7:00 AM, VelociRapture said:

Definitely not Lauer. I'd say Tamron would be a better bet than him (I'm still bitter about how soft he went on Trump in that forum they did.) Tamron can be pretty opinionated and out spoken at times. That could be a really entertaining interview.

Savannah would be good. You can tell she's barely concealing her disgust with Trump at times, so I imagine she wouldn't mind tearing Joshley a new one if she interviewed hime's an intelligent ma. And I think Lester could be a pretty good option as well. Hn and excellent journalist.

But that's assuming he would be invited onto the Today Show. Which I highly doubt he would be. They haven't seemed to really work with the Duggars since his molestation scandal broke.

12 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

I was going to say Rachel Maddow, but I would sell my firstborn child to see a John Oliver interview.

I can totally see him going through the "good person" test with smuggles and asking him hilarious questions.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:28 AM, Buzzard said:

32 minutes ago, nst said:

Larry King would eat him alive 

Add Nancy Grace & Howard Stern to that list. I'd love to also see Stephen Colbert & Kathy Griffin, too; they're both funny, yes, but I have no doubt that if they got serious/angry enough, they'd wipe the floor with Prince Joshie.

On 9/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, Gobsmacked said:

His holy Boobiness is a pillock.  He won't mind what the bible says. He just sees $$$$ before his eyes.

Thanks for a new addition to my vocabulary! 

• Curious locked this topic

Archived