IGNORED

Happy Doomsday

Black Aliss

53 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I really need more notice for this whole doomsday thing.  I have plans, just sayin.

For real. My parents are coming out for a visit tomorrow and I haven't seen my husband in 4 months. If I would have known about this whole end of the world thing I would have told him to not get on that submarine! 

16 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Don't forget your towel!

16 hours ago, Kak said:

DON'T PANIC

Be sure to bring your babel fish too!

Oops, must be they forgot to carry the one again...

Phew! Thank God the world didn't end. Gotta go pick my parents up from the airport!

Maybe we can pencil in the end of the world for, say, October 22? That looks good for me. I'll see you guys then!

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Phew! Thank God the world didn't end. Gotta go pick my parents up from the airport!

Maybe we can pencil in the end of the world for, say, October 22? That looks good for me. I'll see you guys then!

That would be good. I have a lot of vacation hours saved up at work and it would just kill me to lose them. Likewise my frequent flier miles.

Did I miss it already? I knew there was a reason I have been canning fruits and veggies like crazy! If Doomsday happens, just make your way to NC and I can feed the first couple of FJ members who show up with all the food I have stored. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

Oh no did I miss the Armgeddon? Here I am like a fool sitting on my deck eating chocolate chips cookies and drinking adult beverages and free jingering it out and I have missed out the entire tribulation. Wait I did stumble and stub my toe which was a terrible tribulation to me so maybe cookies and beverages on a sunny deck is heaven and I've been raptured without  even knowing it.

13 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Did I miss it already? I knew there was a reason I have been canning fruits and veggies like crazy! If Doomsday happens, just make your way to NC and I can feed the first couple of FJ members who show up with all the food I have stored. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

Now you've gone and done it, the entire Rodrigues family will be there soon.  Start cooking.  They don't need the excuse of Doomsday, they just need to know where to go come dinner time.  There's only 11 or 12 starved looking kids and two adults, but I think Mr. Rodrigues will eat enough for three.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:03 PM, littlemommy said:

Man, now I wish I hadn't gassed up the car. 

I wish I had. Gas jumped 20 cents where I'm at once it was clear nobody was going anywhere. 

What if every predicted doomsday, a few people disappear/are raptured so it's actually doomsday for them but to us they just "disappear without a trace"...but the predictors are actually kind of on to something? [emoji848]

7 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

What if every predicted doomsday, a few people disappear/are raptured so it's actually doomsday for them but to us they just "disappear without a trace"...but the predictors are actually kind of on to something? emoji848.png

If you read up on the expected coming crash related to peak oil and unsustainable economies and fiat currencies etc, there is a common phrase something to the effect that the crash comes one family or household at a time.  

In other words, instead of suddenly gas is $100/gallon and the whole economy collapses at once due to that, rather it will go more like, when one person loses their job, the crash has reached them, and then when their neighbor gets ill and can't keep up with their loan payments, it's reached them, etc -- even though for many others around them it might not be happening yet.

Awww, I didn't even know about this.

When's the next one scheduled for?

Coincidentally (wait, are there really any coincidences, or is it a portent?!?), I have started reading books by Robert Kroese, who has some very funny, snarky things to say about the Apocalypse in his Mercury series, and another about a narcissist in outer space (who is plagued by Jehovah's Witnesses even there).   I wonder if his characters are feverishly working behind the scenes to avert yet another Doomsday...

A couple fun quotes from the prologue to Mercury Rises (paraphrased):

Years ago we learned from the Bible that the flood occurred in the year 4990 BC ... [doing math] ... "Mankind has seven days or seven thousand years to escape destruction" [yeah, I notice prophets give themselves some wiggle room] ... God has given mankind...another infallible, absolute proof that May 21, 2011, is the date of the Rapture.  (The Rev. Harold Camping)

The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless.  (Nicolas Chamfort)

Archived